Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? 22:06 - Jan 27 with 5520 viewsDr_Parnassus

Before turning on the manager? Unbeaten in 8 games, seems people lost patience in waiting for our next defeat. For shame.

2nd in the league approaching February with almost zero to spend, relying on kids both home grown and otherwise. We are here because of him, not despite him.

We are not the best team in the league, far from it. Those expecting us to put the likes of Norwich, Brentford and Bournemouth to the sword regularly have their heads firmly stuck in 2014.

There is a sickening air of entitlement around the place which is the exact opposite of everything we were about that brought around success the first time.

Fantastic point. Performance won’t always be there, that’s football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 09:25 - Jan 28 with 838 viewsonehunglow

What is sickening i the unfettered praise when it is not warranted.Sickening acceptance of second best.Sickening acceptance of benching your most experienced defender and also the tallest for favour of Naughton ,who not for the first time has cost us.Sickening people have short memories.

Sickening also to see lads being flogged into the floor when there are option on the bench.

Franks sees it and adapts changes;Steve leaves it to down to ten men and 15 mins from time.

Sickening lack of ambition and back to little ol swansea days.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:04 - Jan 28 with 819 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 09:25 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

What is sickening i the unfettered praise when it is not warranted.Sickening acceptance of second best.Sickening acceptance of benching your most experienced defender and also the tallest for favour of Naughton ,who not for the first time has cost us.Sickening people have short memories.

Sickening also to see lads being flogged into the floor when there are option on the bench.

Franks sees it and adapts changes;Steve leaves it to down to ten men and 15 mins from time.

Sickening lack of ambition and back to little ol swansea days.

It’s nothing to do with lack of ambition, it’s knowing where you stand in the football league. It’s realism. Pretending we should be beating and dominating teams like Brentford who are 18 unbeaten is just silly. Then pretending that is down to the manager, the manager who has guided us to this position against all odds - is even sillier. That’s not unwarranted praise or acceptance of second best, it’s the reality of the situation and the fact we have done incredibly well this season to be where we are.

Should we pull the trigger and get someone else in you reckon? (I’m actually laughing typing that due to how ridiculous it is).

Who do you suggest by the way? Any ideas?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:30 - Jan 28 with 793 viewsOptimisticJack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:04 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s nothing to do with lack of ambition, it’s knowing where you stand in the football league. It’s realism. Pretending we should be beating and dominating teams like Brentford who are 18 unbeaten is just silly. Then pretending that is down to the manager, the manager who has guided us to this position against all odds - is even sillier. That’s not unwarranted praise or acceptance of second best, it’s the reality of the situation and the fact we have done incredibly well this season to be where we are.

Should we pull the trigger and get someone else in you reckon? (I’m actually laughing typing that due to how ridiculous it is).

Who do you suggest by the way? Any ideas?

Agree. Spot on.
I've followed the Swans since 1964 and defensively (up to now this season) this is probably the best I have known us to be. This all down to our coaching team.
Long may it continue.
Cooper's critics - careful what you wish for.

Optimisticjack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:33 - Jan 28 with 790 viewsCatullus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 22:35 - Jan 27 by Dr_Parnassus

But anyone judging an incredibly successful season based on the latest 90 mins against a better side is a bit of a moron don’t you think?

If there is to be ridiculous overreaction to poor performances... Where are the ridiculous overreactions when we have incredible ones? There have been plenty of those, the game before this one to name but one.

It would be interesting to read those same people’s views right after that game. Something tells me there wouldn’t be much said at all.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 22:37]

It's not about judging the season, it's about judging the one game. I haven't read through all the comments but my own opinion was that Coops waited too long to ka esubs again, specially with two players booked and WHY were we so deep for so much of the game? Even Curt commented on that and said we needed to get at them more.

Praise where it's due but criticsim where it's due also. Brentford had 65% possession and had 21 shots to our 2. If we were a bottom half team maybe nothing to be surprised about but we were thrid and they 4th and they absolutely bossed us at home. That shouldn't be acceptable given our run of form.

The plus point is we didn't give up and somehow scraped a point. We can thank some superb defending AND Brentfords poor finishing.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 787 viewsChief

If anyone had 'sickening' on their overreaction scorecard please mark it off.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:41 - Jan 28 with 782 viewsCatullus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:36 - Jan 28 by Chief

If anyone had 'sickening' on their overreaction scorecard please mark it off.

It's "sickening" to not be happy about last nights performance? Do youthink Coops and the team are happy with it or will they e discussing where they can do better?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:51 - Jan 28 with 777 viewspencoedjack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 23:18 - Jan 27 by Dr_Parnassus

It may have swung the game in our favour, but also may have lost us the game. You don’t just bring anyone on in any game. Nobody will know our players better than the manager and he made a call to not make a change.

I don’t see how anyone on here believes they have a better grip on management than a bloke that won the World Cup for England youth, got into the play offs in his first season and sits in the automatics in his second season.

He has earned trust and I think it’s sad he isn’t given any by some fans. He will know a great deal more about the capabilities of this side than anyone posting on here that’s for sure, and he has probably forgotten more than any of us will ever know considering it’s what he does professionally 24/7.

If we were languishing in the bottom half and these performances were frequent then questions could be asked. However these reactions to a manager that has had nothing but success in his career is just weird.

We have far more good performances than bad - the league table testifies to that.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:54 - Jan 28 with 765 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:33 - Jan 28 by Catullus

It's not about judging the season, it's about judging the one game. I haven't read through all the comments but my own opinion was that Coops waited too long to ka esubs again, specially with two players booked and WHY were we so deep for so much of the game? Even Curt commented on that and said we needed to get at them more.

Praise where it's due but criticsim where it's due also. Brentford had 65% possession and had 21 shots to our 2. If we were a bottom half team maybe nothing to be surprised about but we were thrid and they 4th and they absolutely bossed us at home. That shouldn't be acceptable given our run of form.

The plus point is we didn't give up and somehow scraped a point. We can thank some superb defending AND Brentfords poor finishing.

No, it’s not commenting about one game though, is it. That’s clearly nonsense.

It’s personal and unwarranted remarks about the mans character and his ability, that goes way beyond 90 mins.

There is a massive distinction between constructive criticism and explaining why you disagree with a decision - and then personal abuse attacking the man. It’s ugly, very ugly and becoming all too common among a certain group of people on here.

God help us if Cooper goes, and with him the players that clearly are here because of him. You will be stuck with a Paul Clement type character picking up Albert Adomah and Nathaniel Medez-Laing on a free longing for the days where we were even in the conversation for promotion.

Login to get fewer ads

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:59 - Jan 28 with 761 views34dfgdf54

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:33 - Jan 28 by Catullus

The same fans here blame Jenkins etc for the Monk disaster mind, when it was them, as they are now with Cooper, lauding Monk for the season that got us 8th "best English manager" and all that complete rubbish. It was obvious to see then what was going on but people only want to look at the result and don't see anything else happening in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Cooper will go onto have a much better career than Monk, but he needs to find a way of becoming more flexible during games. This is his squad, with the players he wants, there is no excuse for him watching that unfold yesterday and doing nothing, not even changing a shape. We got the point, but was 100% luck more than judgement.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:30 - Jan 28 with 742 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:41 - Jan 28 by Catullus

It's "sickening" to not be happy about last nights performance? Do youthink Coops and the team are happy with it or will they e discussing where they can do better?

Cooper and his team will hopefully certainly be looking at the game to see where we can improve (plenty of areas to).

But after a draw against a promotion that keeps us second, in mid January, i very much doubt anyone on the coaching staff is 'sickened'

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:24 - Jan 28 with 715 viewsReslovenSwan1

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:30 - Jan 28 by Chief

Cooper and his team will hopefully certainly be looking at the game to see where we can improve (plenty of areas to).

But after a draw against a promotion that keeps us second, in mid January, i very much doubt anyone on the coaching staff is 'sickened'

Swansea got the better of the reurn fixture so in theory the two teams playing last night are not miles apart on ability. It certainly looked like they were last night. No Swansea fan should be comfortable with the 'rough em up' approach Swansea has been accused of.

Swansea can defend but certainly need to counter attack better with pace. Morris and Lowe can do this with Ayew coming back into Midfield . Manning and Garrick are faster then Roberts and Bidwell.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:26 - Jan 28 with 710 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:24 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea got the better of the reurn fixture so in theory the two teams playing last night are not miles apart on ability. It certainly looked like they were last night. No Swansea fan should be comfortable with the 'rough em up' approach Swansea has been accused of.

Swansea can defend but certainly need to counter attack better with pace. Morris and Lowe can do this with Ayew coming back into Midfield . Manning and Garrick are faster then Roberts and Bidwell.

Indeed.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:40 - Jan 28 with 699 viewsBadlands

But anyone judging an incredibly successful season based on the latest 90 mins against a better side is a bit of a moron don’t you think?

If there is to be ridiculous overreaction to poor performances... Where are the ridiculous overreactions when we have incredible ones? There have been plenty of those, the game before this one to name but one.

It would be interesting to read those same people’s views right after that game. Something tells me there wouldn’t be much said at all.

If it was only on one 90 minutes against then possibly I there would be some basis for your insult.
But it isn't on one game, Cooper has been criticised for the same things since he arrived which strongly suggests he isn't learning from mistakes.
Why do you consider Brentford to be a better team than us? Since returning to the Championship we had played 8 times winning 4 to their 3 and having one draw. We are above them in the league.
To say they are better team suggests you think we should be below them in the league, frightened and cowering in the face of the mighty Brentford.
Perhaps Cooper is of teh same mentality as you - that we are little Swansea and should never forget other teams are better than us. Team selection, the tactics, the lack of impact from the bench surrendered points even before the kick off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:42 - Jan 28 with 698 viewsswancity

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:40 - Jan 28 by Badlands

If it was only on one 90 minutes against then possibly I there would be some basis for your insult.
But it isn't on one game, Cooper has been criticised for the same things since he arrived which strongly suggests he isn't learning from mistakes.
Why do you consider Brentford to be a better team than us? Since returning to the Championship we had played 8 times winning 4 to their 3 and having one draw. We are above them in the league.
To say they are better team suggests you think we should be below them in the league, frightened and cowering in the face of the mighty Brentford.
Perhaps Cooper is of teh same mentality as you - that we are little Swansea and should never forget other teams are better than us. Team selection, the tactics, the lack of impact from the bench surrendered points even before the kick off.

Absolute bollox 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:59 - Jan 28 with 680 viewsBoundy

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:41 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Well we'll know this coming next Saturday if they were sickened enough by some player individual performances , if not we're in trouble but I suspect not , outplayed by a better team sometimes happens .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 656 viewsonehunglow

Moron. Well no.
Not in those circumtances.

I d uSe that for the like of Naughton not having the discipline to stay on the field when on a yellow.If he realised he was out of hi depth against Toney-and he was- he should ask to be subbed and save the team.

Why is it we seem to avoid getting these powerhouses

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:03 - Jan 28 with 645 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:24 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

We got the better of the Man City game when Moore scored too, and even outplayed them when we played in the cup, that’s not a measure of the quality of the sides though and only a fool would think that we can compete with them every match.

Brentford will go up automatically in my opinion and have a decent chance of staying up once they get there. We are likely to be in the play-off mix and if we get promoted will need one heck of a lot of investment to stay there.

That’s the difference between the two sides and it will show if they turn up and we don’t. Small margins make massive differences in football. They have a slightly better side than us, slightly better form, slightly more experience... this adds up to a significant difference which will show come seasons end.

Expecting great performances week in week out with such a young side is just not going to happen no matter how many dummies are spat. We are 2nd and we are there for our ability to pick up points by any means necessary, even if it means getting an ugly point here or there.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:05 - Jan 28 with 644 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 13:29 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Moron. Well no.
Not in those circumtances.

I d uSe that for the like of Naughton not having the discipline to stay on the field when on a yellow.If he realised he was out of hi depth against Toney-and he was- he should ask to be subbed and save the team.

Why is it we seem to avoid getting these powerhouses

You don’t think judging a season on one 90 min performance is moronic? Really?

You didn’t answer my questions.

Do you think we should get rid of Cooper now? Who do you suggest we appoint who will do better?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:13 - Jan 28 with 640 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:05 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Do you think we should get rid of Cooper now? Who do you suggest we appoint who will do better?

I was reading an article yesterday written by a football journalist musing Frank Lampard's next job. Swansea City was mentioned with the caveat that Lampard would have to wait until the excellent Steve Cooper was snapped up by a Premier League club.

Interesting view from outside I thought.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:18 - Jan 28 with 637 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:13 - Jan 28 by Joe_bradshaw

I was reading an article yesterday written by a football journalist musing Frank Lampard's next job. Swansea City was mentioned with the caveat that Lampard would have to wait until the excellent Steve Cooper was snapped up by a Premier League club.

And they would be correct of course. Hence why my question to Perch was written with a chuckle, amazed I was even typing it.

Two questions for anyone wanting to muse the answers.

1) if we sack Cooper tomorrow for all the reasons the people who love to slag him off state... where would his next likely destination be? And why?

2) should the above happen. Who would the likely man in charge of us be, and why do you think he would do a better job?

If anyone can answer both those questions honestly and realistically... and still want a new manager then you must have some pretty incredible answers, or at least a fantastic imagination.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:36 - Jan 28 with 627 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:13 - Jan 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Absolutely zero chance Frank Lampards next job will be with us.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:43 - Jan 28 with 621 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:36 - Jan 28 by Chief

Absolutely zero chance Frank Lampards next job will be with us.

I agree but that wasn’t my point.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 621 viewsCatullus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:30 - Jan 28 by Chief

I never suggested anybody on the coaching staff was sickened merely that they will be in today going through why and where we could have been better. I doubt if Coops was 100% happy with the performance.

Dr P, I never got personal with Coops and any comments I made were purely about this one match. If other people did throw abue at him then that's their choice and their problem.

Only an idiot would criticise Cooper for the season over all, it's been brilliant but it doesn't mean we can't be critical at all. For example, Naughtons second yellow, absolutely stupid challenge in the circumstances, is that fair criticism or not?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:51 - Jan 28 with 617 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:46 - Jan 28 by Catullus

I never suggested anybody on the coaching staff was sickened merely that they will be in today going through why and where we could have been better. I doubt if Coops was 100% happy with the performance.

Dr P, I never got personal with Coops and any comments I made were purely about this one match. If other people did throw abue at him then that's their choice and their problem.

Only an idiot would criticise Cooper for the season over all, it's been brilliant but it doesn't mean we can't be critical at all. For example, Naughtons second yellow, absolutely stupid challenge in the circumstances, is that fair criticism or not?

I fully support scrutinising individual decisions such as the one to keep Naughton on the pitch&questioning the formation&team selection.

The sweeping excessive statements that have been said such as 'sickening, gutless, clueless, coward etc etc', when patently seeing as we 2nd in the league in mid January none of those are true.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:03 - Jan 28 with 599 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:05 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I can't believe that you actually think that in the games that we did win that the game management could not have been better.
Game management is not only about tactics and response, it is also about saving tired legs, bringing on someone to run around chasing down the ball, injecting extra pace, height, precision, defence etc.
Cooper has been guilty of ignoring most of those things for most of the season.
I find it disgraceful that you would use the word "moron" because someone has the temerity to place at least some of the blame on the Manager for such a poor showing.
Shame on you.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 15:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024