Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? 22:06 - Jan 27 with 5519 viewsDr_Parnassus

Before turning on the manager? Unbeaten in 8 games, seems people lost patience in waiting for our next defeat. For shame.

2nd in the league approaching February with almost zero to spend, relying on kids both home grown and otherwise. We are here because of him, not despite him.

We are not the best team in the league, far from it. Those expecting us to put the likes of Norwich, Brentford and Bournemouth to the sword regularly have their heads firmly stuck in 2014.

There is a sickening air of entitlement around the place which is the exact opposite of everything we were about that brought around success the first time.

Fantastic point. Performance won’t always be there, that’s football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:05 - Jan 28 with 685 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:46 - Jan 28 by Catullus

I never suggested anybody on the coaching staff was sickened merely that they will be in today going through why and where we could have been better. I doubt if Coops was 100% happy with the performance.

Dr P, I never got personal with Coops and any comments I made were purely about this one match. If other people did throw abue at him then that's their choice and their problem.

Only an idiot would criticise Cooper for the season over all, it's been brilliant but it doesn't mean we can't be critical at all. For example, Naughtons second yellow, absolutely stupid challenge in the circumstances, is that fair criticism or not?

Being critical of a performance or decision is not the same as being personal and attacking someone’s character and ability. One is a short term criticism, the other goes beyond 90 mins.

If I said I don’t agree with your post and explained why, that would be constructive criticism. If I said you post is nonsense and you are an idiot, talentless, cannot write or even think about the game... that is taking it beyond your post and making it something larger, personal and longer term.

I am seeing a lot of the latter aimed at Cooper. Slagging off his motivation, his tactics, his managerial nous to name but a few. That goes way beyond “I think we should have brought a sub on sooner”.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:07 - Jan 28 with 680 viewsraynor94

I think everybody was disheartened by the performance, as I expect a lot like me expected a statement of intent.

But some of the criticism and personal abuse of the manager and players has been ridiculous.

Let's move onto Rotherham, and hopefully get a positive result against a side who are hitting a bit of form

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:28 - Jan 28 with 666 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:05 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Being critical of a performance or decision is not the same as being personal and attacking someone’s character and ability. One is a short term criticism, the other goes beyond 90 mins.

If I said I don’t agree with your post and explained why, that would be constructive criticism. If I said you post is nonsense and you are an idiot, talentless, cannot write or even think about the game... that is taking it beyond your post and making it something larger, personal and longer term.

I am seeing a lot of the latter aimed at Cooper. Slagging off his motivation, his tactics, his managerial nous to name but a few. That goes way beyond “I think we should have brought a sub on sooner”.

How about some facts instead of emotion Doc, that is ynormally our favourite out.
Well the facts about game management last night do not make good reading.
Left on a player obviously not coping already on a yellow.
Left on an anonymous Ayew hoping he could work one of his miracles.
Made no changes to shape. even though we were being overrun.
Did not respond to new Brentford legs when we were already being overrun before and after the sending off.
Put our fastest player back in defense when he should have been our outlet with balls over the top.
Did not respond to going down to 10 men for 20 minutes while his team were under the cosh.
They are facts not emotions.

Not making enough timely subs is a theme not an exception with Cooper.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 664 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:28 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

How about some facts instead of emotion Doc, that is ynormally our favourite out.
Well the facts about game management last night do not make good reading.
Left on a player obviously not coping already on a yellow.
Left on an anonymous Ayew hoping he could work one of his miracles.
Made no changes to shape. even though we were being overrun.
Did not respond to new Brentford legs when we were already being overrun before and after the sending off.
Put our fastest player back in defense when he should have been our outlet with balls over the top.
Did not respond to going down to 10 men for 20 minutes while his team were under the cosh.
They are facts not emotions.

Not making enough timely subs is a theme not an exception with Cooper.

What emotion are you talking about? There is no emotion in being 2nd, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in them being 18 unbeaten, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in him being a resounding success here, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in these players being here because of him, they are facts.

Sorry, I am not for one second jumping on this idiotic bandwagon. It’s as barmy as Qanon.

Who is a realistic choice that will do better than Cooper and take us to the top spot? Which of course would be bettering where we are now. It seems some are unhappy so it’s a great place to start the conversation, if he ain’t good enough - then who is?

If there is nobody that could assemble such a squad and guide us to better in the league then he is the best possible manager we could currently have. Which means any faults of his you deem to be there is a blessing, because if they weren’t then he wouldn’t be our manager and be managing higher up and we will then have to settle for the next best.

Expecting (key word) perfect performances from anybody at Swansea in the second tier is barmy.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 15:42]

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:43 - Jan 28 with 649 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:35 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

What emotion are you talking about? There is no emotion in being 2nd, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in them being 18 unbeaten, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in him being a resounding success here, it’s a fact. There is no emotion in these players being here because of him, they are facts.

Sorry, I am not for one second jumping on this idiotic bandwagon. It’s as barmy as Qanon.

Who is a realistic choice that will do better than Cooper and take us to the top spot? Which of course would be bettering where we are now. It seems some are unhappy so it’s a great place to start the conversation, if he ain’t good enough - then who is?

If there is nobody that could assemble such a squad and guide us to better in the league then he is the best possible manager we could currently have. Which means any faults of his you deem to be there is a blessing, because if they weren’t then he wouldn’t be our manager and be managing higher up and we will then have to settle for the next best.

Expecting (key word) perfect performances from anybody at Swansea in the second tier is barmy.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 15:42]

Why is it so black & white, we don't need another manager, I haven't seen one post calling for Cooper to go, that is all emotion on your behalf.
We just want him to "manage" the game better, not much to ask really.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:46 - Jan 28 with 645 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:43 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Why is it so black & white, we don't need another manager, I haven't seen one post calling for Cooper to go, that is all emotion on your behalf.

Well it probably is actually. Considering we've been extremely successful so far this season. No manager is perfect.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:48 - Jan 28 with 644 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:43 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

So because you haven’t seen posts wanting Cooper out, it means it’s emotion on my part? As opposed to ignorance on yours?

Taking such irrational views on our manager despite all the facts of the season is an emotional and reactionary response. Mine is based on level headed facts, as per my normal way to view pretty much everything.

So if you think our manager is under performing, because you say it’s not much to ask for him to “manage better”. Then wouldn’t it be prudent to get someone in who is a better manager?

Who do you think that is and how do you think they will better Coopers current 2nd position in the league?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:14 - Jan 28 with 605 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:05 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Motivation,man management and nous.

Yep,outstanding he is not .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:17 - Jan 28 with 603 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:33 - Jan 28 by Catullus

It's not about judging the season, it's about judging the one game. I haven't read through all the comments but my own opinion was that Coops waited too long to ka esubs again, specially with two players booked and WHY were we so deep for so much of the game? Even Curt commented on that and said we needed to get at them more.

Praise where it's due but criticsim where it's due also. Brentford had 65% possession and had 21 shots to our 2. If we were a bottom half team maybe nothing to be surprised about but we were thrid and they 4th and they absolutely bossed us at home. That shouldn't be acceptable given our run of form.

The plus point is we didn't give up and somehow scraped a point. We can thank some superb defending AND Brentfords poor finishing.

It's one thing to love your team and support the lads but Jesus-Brentford utterly trashed us but their finishing was appalling and that is the main positive we can take out of that,because if we have people who enjoyed that then we are truly screwed.

Expect failure and it will come.

My God, just how low our standards have fallen in just 5 yrs.

If we play anything like that against Citeh on national TV it will prove shockingly embarrassing.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 603 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:14 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Motivation,man management and nous.

Yep,outstanding he is not .

Do you reckon we should sack him then?

Who do you think we should bring in and why?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:56 - Jan 28 with 594 viewsGwyn737

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:21 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Do you reckon we should sack him then?

Who do you think we should bring in and why?

And just to flip it, how many championship clubs are looking at his record over the last two seasons and would love him to walk through to the door?

Good majority I reckon.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:00 - Jan 28 with 587 viewsTreforys_Jack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:56 - Jan 28 by Gwyn737

And just to flip it, how many championship clubs are looking at his record over the last two seasons and would love him to walk through to the door?

Good majority I reckon.

Exactly !!!!
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:02 - Jan 28 with 590 viewsjohnlangy

The whinging at every opportunity is pathetic. Whatever happens they'll whinge.

What if we were a Club that was 14th in the league and had just replaced Neil Harris with Mick Mcarthy. Now THAT would be something to complain about.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 582 viewsTreforys_Jack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:02 - Jan 28 by johnlangy

What if we were a Club that was 14th in the league and had just replaced Neil Harris with Mick Mcarthy. Now THAT would be something to complain about.

Its a vile trait mate, can't wait for an individual to make an error so they can vilify him online, cowardly and gutless, which ironically is what they accuse certain players of being.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:18 - Jan 28 with 570 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:48 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

So because you haven’t seen posts wanting Cooper out, it means it’s emotion on my part? As opposed to ignorance on yours?

Taking such irrational views on our manager despite all the facts of the season is an emotional and reactionary response. Mine is based on level headed facts, as per my normal way to view pretty much everything.

So if you think our manager is under performing, because you say it’s not much to ask for him to “manage better”. Then wouldn’t it be prudent to get someone in who is a better manager?

Who do you think that is and how do you think they will better Coopers current 2nd position in the league?

Your circular reasoning will not work with me.
Nor will asking the same question I have already answered in a different way.
I merely state that him improving in ways that many posters can see would be even more beneficial to the club than him remaining as he has been for the last 12 months. where game management is concerned.
If you can't see that is fine, many of us can.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:20 - Jan 28 with 568 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:02 - Jan 28 by johnlangy

So we are not allowed to expect our Manager to improve his managing, because that is "whinging".
OK.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 19:00 - Jan 28 with 547 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:18 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Your circular reasoning will not work with me.
Nor will asking the same question I have already answered in a different way.
I merely state that him improving in ways that many posters can see would be even more beneficial to the club than him remaining as he has been for the last 12 months. where game management is concerned.
If you can't see that is fine, many of us can.

Nothing circular about it, it’s a direct question which you haven’t been able to answer. By “answering it in a different way” you mean not answering it at all this making me ask you again.

As I said, this nonsense has been going on for 2 seasons now. The same accusations are being thrown at him in a vile manner. The calls for his head have been all over the forum so again, if he isn’t able to address these issues you claim he has - then who do we get in that can do better?

One name will do.

Otherwise I’ll just have to assume it’s hot air. Moaning for moanings sake with no solutions.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 545 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:20 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

So we are not allowed to expect our Manager to improve his managing, because that is "whinging".
OK.

It’s been 2 years now though. Don’t you think it’s better we get a manager in who is “better at managing”?

Seems logical.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 19:32 - Jan 28 with 528 viewsNeath_Jack

Fantastic OP.

Brentford were better than us last night, no amount of "game management" would have changed anything.

There was nothing on the bench that would have changed the game. Please don't say Naughton should have gone off after his yellow, that is just pure hindsight nonsense.

We go again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 20:15 - Jan 28 with 508 viewsonehunglow

So Naughton under pressure ,getting left for dead for pace and being skinned in the process is kept on when it looked highly likely he would foul again and leave us 1 man short?

My Dear God. This is getting worse. Has Steve got spies on this site or is he having a tryst with fans networks best.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 20:46 - Jan 28 with 488 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 20:15 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

So Naughton under pressure ,getting left for dead for pace and being skinned in the process is kept on when it looked highly likely he would foul again and leave us 1 man short?

My Dear God. This is getting worse. Has Steve got spies on this site or is he having a tryst with fans networks best.

Have you decided if you think we should sack him yet? And who you want to replace him with?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:12 - Jan 28 with 478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 19:00 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing circular about it, it’s a direct question which you haven’t been able to answer. By “answering it in a different way” you mean not answering it at all this making me ask you again.

As I said, this nonsense has been going on for 2 seasons now. The same accusations are being thrown at him in a vile manner. The calls for his head have been all over the forum so again, if he isn’t able to address these issues you claim he has - then who do we get in that can do better?

One name will do.

Otherwise I’ll just have to assume it’s hot air. Moaning for moanings sake with no solutions.

You cannot keep repeating the same question because you will get the same answer everytime.
I am not calling for him to be changed, therefore I do not need to answer your question.
Go and ask it of someone on this thread who has asked for him to be replaced, except no one has.
So it is a question for it's own sake which no one needs to answer.
Stop wasting our time and admit his game management could be better.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:25 - Jan 28 with 466 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:12 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

You cannot keep repeating the same question because you will get the same answer everytime.
I am not calling for him to be changed, therefore I do not need to answer your question.
Go and ask it of someone on this thread who has asked for him to be replaced, except no one has.

I am asking the forum, the people who call for his sacking regularly and those that now realise that the issues they have been banging on about for years are still there today. God knows what you have been reading if you don’t think anyone has said they want him gone.

So If a managers management isn’t good enough and it’s a serious enough problem to attract the kind of abuse he gets and a problem that isn’t getting better, who do you believe is a better candidate then?

Surely you would want a manager that has an acceptable level of management as his list of skills. Right?

Or on the flip side, if you do actually realise that Cooper is the best manager for the job, thus being unable to name a better replacement - then maybe you should stop wasting everybody's time by slagging him off every time something doesn’t go your way.

Accept his management or dont, but it’s clearly not going to change. Which is a good thing, as the league table shows.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 21:30]

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:41 - Jan 28 with 452 viewsswancity

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:12 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

What aspects of his “ game management “ are you so unhappy with ?

Is it the use of subs? As I don’t see a problem personally.

Otherwise he’s doing an awesome job all things considered

Ps Mourinho & Guardiola make mistakes occasionally. Mainly with the benefit of hindsight so not really mistakes then are they ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:58 - Jan 28 with 440 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 21:41 - Jan 28 by swancity

What aspects of his “ game management “ are you so unhappy with ?

Is it the use of subs? As I don’t see a problem personally.

Otherwise he’s doing an awesome job all things considered

Ps Mourinho & Guardiola make mistakes occasionally. Mainly with the benefit of hindsight so not really mistakes then are they ?

Not using subs properly, no plan b when it is going wrong and not subbing Naughton when he was in obvious danger of getting a red card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024