Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? 22:06 - Jan 27 with 5267 viewsDr_Parnassus

Before turning on the manager? Unbeaten in 8 games, seems people lost patience in waiting for our next defeat. For shame.

2nd in the league approaching February with almost zero to spend, relying on kids both home grown and otherwise. We are here because of him, not despite him.

We are not the best team in the league, far from it. Those expecting us to put the likes of Norwich, Brentford and Bournemouth to the sword regularly have their heads firmly stuck in 2014.

There is a sickening air of entitlement around the place which is the exact opposite of everything we were about that brought around success the first time.

Fantastic point. Performance won’t always be there, that’s football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 22:48 - Jan 29 with 452 views34dfgdf54

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:10 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

??????7

I speak with data....I asked why this Swede was chosen...the facts do not indicate he is any betterthan our current manager....

I am not on a Cooper love in...As a swans fan I always support our manager and players but not to the point if they are not delivering.....at this time our Manager is and compared to the stats of an alternative offered is no worse in fact better!

We are currentlly 2nd in the league ahead of two of the relegated sides from last season..having not spalshed thre cash...we could have and should have beaten top of the table Norwich at theirs earlier in the season. Peopl harp on about possession footaball...it doesnt always get you results Man U enjoyed 76% possession at hime to bottom of the table Sheefield Utd on Wednesday they had 16 shots to sheffields 5 who came away with the points?
The vilifcation our manager and some of our players receive is totally unjustified and the way some posters are treated too I am saddened how fans have become...we are now bickering amongst ourselves does this mean that when crowds return there will be outbreaks of violence between our own fans on our own terraces? Its almost what it feels like sometimes

There’s not going to be violence between fans because they disagree on a player or a manager. If we all agreed on everything there would be zero need to bother with this forum.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 23:28 - Jan 29 with 439 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:55 - Jan 29 by madridjack

Once again you are trying to put words in people’s mouths, I have never said I am a better coach
Than Cooper, but I my opinion a bad situation on Tuesday could have been made better with subs.
Maybe with subs we could have won or no subs we could have lost, it’s all about opinions, that’s what these forums are about, your opinion verses mine, you make good points but I don’t agree with everything you say ...opinions . And that’s from 50 years of watching the swans, I think I have learnt something about football in that time.

No issue with opinions. That isn’t my issue.

It’s the type where they assume they know better than Cooper and as a result start getting personal, calling him gutless, clueless a coward etc.

That isn’t voicing an opinion on what you would have done if you were in charge, which as I said is all most of us are qualified to offer.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:57 - Jan 30 with 371 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 22:45 - Jan 29 by Chief

Lucien Favre joining us in the championship

Having it in for cooper.
Just wtf.

Grip needed.

Come on Steve. Let s get that win today. You re doing just brilliant job

Easy innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:01 - Jan 30 with 368 viewsNeath_Jack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:10 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

??????7

I speak with data....I asked why this Swede was chosen...the facts do not indicate he is any betterthan our current manager....

I am not on a Cooper love in...As a swans fan I always support our manager and players but not to the point if they are not delivering.....at this time our Manager is and compared to the stats of an alternative offered is no worse in fact better!

We are currentlly 2nd in the league ahead of two of the relegated sides from last season..having not spalshed thre cash...we could have and should have beaten top of the table Norwich at theirs earlier in the season. Peopl harp on about possession footaball...it doesnt always get you results Man U enjoyed 76% possession at hime to bottom of the table Sheefield Utd on Wednesday they had 16 shots to sheffields 5 who came away with the points?
The vilifcation our manager and some of our players receive is totally unjustified and the way some posters are treated too I am saddened how fans have become...we are now bickering amongst ourselves does this mean that when crowds return there will be outbreaks of violence between our own fans on our own terraces? Its almost what it feels like sometimes

There's always been niggle and the odd punch up between our own fans, for as long as i can remember. There's been plenty of it even down the Liberty with its more sterile type of modern fans.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:23 - Jan 30 with 361 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:57 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Having it in for cooper.
Just wtf.

Grip needed.

Come on Steve. Let s get that win today. You re doing just brilliant job

Easy innit

At last you're getting it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:27 - Jan 30 with 356 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:23 - Jan 30 by Chief

You think?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:32 - Jan 30 with 358 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:27 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

You think?

Yes silly stance to take making sweeping statements of our manager whos got us to 2nd in the table, with a coaching staff and a lot of players he's obviously personally responsible from bringing here.

Glad you are finally realising that.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:36 - Jan 30 with 353 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:32 - Jan 30 by Chief

Yes silly stance to take making sweeping statements of our manager whos got us to 2nd in the table, with a coaching staff and a lot of players he's obviously personally responsible from bringing here.

Glad you are finally realising that.

Silly ?

Frankly that is silliness itelf.

Stance is how I would hold a cricket bat at the crease.

Come on mun.

Exchange opinions and leave it at that.

I want the TEAM AND CLUB to prosper with or without Cooper or any other individual

Login to get fewer ads

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 355 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:36 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Silly ?

Frankly that is silliness itelf.

Stance is how I would hold a cricket bat at the crease.

Come on mun.

Exchange opinions and leave it at that.

I want the TEAM AND CLUB to prosper with or without Cooper or any other individual

Forming an opinion and sticking to it in spite of overwhelming evidence is a very relevant example of silliness.

Can't reply to the rest of that, buy a dictionary or thesaurus something maybe.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:48 - Jan 30 with 351 viewsswancity

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:23 - Jan 30 by Chief

I wouldn’t bet on it

If we lose to Rotherham today he’ll slam the manager regardless of whether does anything wrong... it’ll all be his fault 😂😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:52 - Jan 30 with 347 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:48 - Jan 30 by swancity

I wouldn’t bet on it

If we lose to Rotherham today he’ll slam the manager regardless of whether does anything wrong... it’ll all be his fault 😂😂

Yes indeed.

It won't be:
"Cooper got this wrong, or that tactic wasn't right, Cooper should have set up more offensively in today" etc.

It'll be:
"Cooper is gutless/clueless/a clown/a coward"

Which of course completely ignores the fact that its January, we're going into this game in 2nd place, ignoring the vast majority of other games this season so those insults cannot be possibly true.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 11:57]

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:08 - Jan 30 with 334 viewsReslovenSwan1

Defensive football with counter attacking ability is a valid form of playing. Without counterttacking it is not acceptable for any team with progressive intentons. Cooper needs to work on this and accept it is a short coming in his portfolio of skills. He had the option of bringing on Morris and Garrick.

Swansea had the same problem v Brentford two years ago at HT. Potter who was not as sucessfull as Copper was able to change the dynamic against a stronger Brentford team twith THREE premier leagues stars up front. Maupay Benrahma and Watkins.

Swansea manager Graham Potter, speaking to Match of the Day: "I thought Brentford were the better team in the first half. We had to respond at half-time because the environment was not so positive.

Potter. Jan 19 FA cup 4th round.
"We needed to change the dynamic. We had to respect that we were playing against a good team. We were probably happy to be 1-0 down at half-time and still alive in the game.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:11 - Jan 30 with 330 viewsonehunglow

He could have simply bolstered the defence by bringing on Bennett and then Garrick to see if his pace could have caught them out as they were laying siege to us.

Garrick has pace,physically and attitude and it' criminal not to use him . Another reason Im not a member of Steve's love island

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:14 - Jan 30 with 331 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:08 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Defensive football with counter attacking ability is a valid form of playing. Without counterttacking it is not acceptable for any team with progressive intentons. Cooper needs to work on this and accept it is a short coming in his portfolio of skills. He had the option of bringing on Morris and Garrick.

Swansea had the same problem v Brentford two years ago at HT. Potter who was not as sucessfull as Copper was able to change the dynamic against a stronger Brentford team twith THREE premier leagues stars up front. Maupay Benrahma and Watkins.

Swansea manager Graham Potter, speaking to Match of the Day: "I thought Brentford were the better team in the first half. We had to respond at half-time because the environment was not so positive.

Potter. Jan 19 FA cup 4th round.
"We needed to change the dynamic. We had to respect that we were playing against a good team. We were probably happy to be 1-0 down at half-time and still alive in the game.

And Potter wasn't as successful a Swans manager as our current one. While Cooper did indeed get it right in that particular game against Brentford, overall performance is a different matter. There's been teams we lost against under Potter that Cooper has managed to set up and a pick a team that won.

But of course there is room for improvement. Sure hes still learning.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:22 - Jan 30 with 326 viewsReslovenSwan1

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:14 - Jan 30 by Chief

And Potter wasn't as successful a Swans manager as our current one. While Cooper did indeed get it right in that particular game against Brentford, overall performance is a different matter. There's been teams we lost against under Potter that Cooper has managed to set up and a pick a team that won.

But of course there is room for improvement. Sure hes still learning.

There was a clear case fro bringing on Morris to add extra pace to the attack. I am alittle concerned that Cooper is fearful of substituing his bigger name stars. Ayew for example.

However if he brought on Morris pushed Ayew into the 10 position instead of Hourahaine Swansea might have played better but lost. I support Cooper as long as he continues to develop and learn to think on his feat. Potter has 5 or 6 seasons in Sweden to deveop.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:25 - Jan 30 with 321 viewsChief

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:22 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

There was a clear case fro bringing on Morris to add extra pace to the attack. I am alittle concerned that Cooper is fearful of substituing his bigger name stars. Ayew for example.

However if he brought on Morris pushed Ayew into the 10 position instead of Hourahaine Swansea might have played better but lost. I support Cooper as long as he continues to develop and learn to think on his feat. Potter has 5 or 6 seasons in Sweden to deveop.

I think its impossible to say if there's a viable case for Morris to come on or not yet. Hasn't played in a while and in a very different environment. I defer to Cooper's superior exposure and knowledge of the player at this point seeing as he knows exactly how fit he is at this point.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024