Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale 20:40 - Jan 29 with 15301 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54067/match-preview-bristol

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:39 - Jan 30 with 2422 viewsRAFC_1990

Roberts fault, why cant we cut out the stupidity!

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 2385 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:39 - Jan 30 by RAFC_1990

Roberts fault, why cant we cut out the stupidity!

License to be stupid built into his loan contract

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:43 - Jan 30 with 2262 viewsShun

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:40 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

License to be stupid built into his loan contract

From some stunning performances earlier in the season he’s turning into a bit of a liability. It’s a shame, as any mistakes are entirely avoidable if he’d just learn not to overplay.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 15:44 - Jan 30 with 2273 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:43 - Jan 30 by Shun

From some stunning performances earlier in the season he’s turning into a bit of a liability. It’s a shame, as any mistakes are entirely avoidable if he’d just learn not to overplay.

Perhaps he would fair better in a back 3/5
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 15:45]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:45 - Jan 30 with 2256 views442Dale

Not really his fault. The manager tells him to stop doing it* and it’s no longer an issue.

*unless there is a chance to move into an unoccupied area of the pitch in front of him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:47 - Jan 30 with 2208 viewsdawlishdale

But he certainly wasn't the only player at fault.

Done was absent...Dooley never tried to stop the cross coming in, and then Keohane had left his man completely free to volley home.

And Lund owes us 2 goals for his earlier misses.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:47 - Jan 30 with 2199 viewsfitzochris

Especially as Osho is just getting rid every chance he gets.

As much as Roberts was responsible for the ball coming back at us, Ehmer had far too much space and time to swing the cross in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:51 - Jan 30 with 2083 viewsfunkkk

Can’t even be arsed discussing their goal as I expect us to concede every game. We must average one clean sheet every 15/16 games. I’m more frustrated with the two sitters we’ve missed and worry we will be punished in the second half.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 2003 viewsDaleiLama

We've looked the better side, created the most good chances and probably should be ahead. As it stands we're coming away with a point. Think I've seen this one before.

Gas look very beatable on that 1st half showing. We have to show some ruthlessness in the 2nd half to come away with 3 points

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 15:54 - Jan 30 with 2018 viewsRAFC_1990

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 15:44 - Jan 30 by James1980

Perhaps he would fair better in a back 3/5
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 15:45]

Why are you obsessed with this formation? We dont have the wing backs to do it and it would mean we would have to sacrifice our wingers, Newby, Baah etc which are a strong point. To fit in one player who isnt good enough?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 1919 viewssince58

Cannot believe this score we should home and hosed,but thats dale for you. Brizzle are there for the taking.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 1919 viewsgolfaduffy

We should be ahead, but for two awful misses from Lund...one of which Jack the kitman could have scored.

Same old same old. Yes; Roberts overplays, but we are well set up (seemingly) in defence. Dooley doesn't attempt any challenge for the cross, and then where is Keohane ? He leaves their man with an absolute free hit, which he takes very well. Infact, I'd love to know what Keohane's pass completion rate has been so far...must be less than 50%.

Just at the end...they had 2 against 2 on the half way line. Our defensive coaching must be either non existent, or the players don't understand what is required. I'm afraid I fear the former, as it happens no matter who plays in defence.

Having said all that...we can and should be beating these. Fully expect the Lund sitters to haunt us now.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 16:01 - Jan 30 with 1878 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 15:54 - Jan 30 by RAFC_1990

Why are you obsessed with this formation? We dont have the wing backs to do it and it would mean we would have to sacrifice our wingers, Newby, Baah etc which are a strong point. To fit in one player who isnt good enough?

Pretty sure I am not the only person on this thread that has mentioned 3 at the back as a possibility. But if making that sort of remark at me, sets of a surge of dopamine glad to have been of assistance

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:03 - Jan 30 with 1835 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Jan 30 by golfaduffy

We should be ahead, but for two awful misses from Lund...one of which Jack the kitman could have scored.

Same old same old. Yes; Roberts overplays, but we are well set up (seemingly) in defence. Dooley doesn't attempt any challenge for the cross, and then where is Keohane ? He leaves their man with an absolute free hit, which he takes very well. Infact, I'd love to know what Keohane's pass completion rate has been so far...must be less than 50%.

Just at the end...they had 2 against 2 on the half way line. Our defensive coaching must be either non existent, or the players don't understand what is required. I'm afraid I fear the former, as it happens no matter who plays in defence.

Having said all that...we can and should be beating these. Fully expect the Lund sitters to haunt us now.

The header from Lund would've been chalked off for a foul had it gone in, the first miss was a shocker.

To me it's been quite even, not sure why everybody seems to think we've been by far the better side. Keohane is having a bit of a 'mare.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:07 - Jan 30 with 1749 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:47 - Jan 30 by dawlishdale

But he certainly wasn't the only player at fault.

Done was absent...Dooley never tried to stop the cross coming in, and then Keohane had left his man completely free to volley home.

And Lund owes us 2 goals for his earlier misses.

don't agree, Roberts losing possession started the problems and then scorer was Newby's player and he just stood & watched him score, Keohane was marking another player close to his CBs, correctly but Lund does

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:13 - Jan 30 with 1654 viewsboromat

This wind in the second half is awful for us. Ref still not giving us anything.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:15 - Jan 30 with 1631 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:03 - Jan 30 by richfoad32

The header from Lund would've been chalked off for a foul had it gone in, the first miss was a shocker.

To me it's been quite even, not sure why everybody seems to think we've been by far the better side. Keohane is having a bit of a 'mare.

Lund had no need to push their player..if he had concentrated on heading the ball instead, he should have scored. And how he missed the open goal beforehand is a mystery.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:18 - Jan 30 with 1547 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:03 - Jan 30 by richfoad32

I dont think we've been "far" the better side but 55:45 posession, 7 shots to 4 and 3 corners to 1 all support the suggestion that the away side has been in the ascendancy. I do agree there isn't a gulf between us, but this is very winnable if we show some Smith's mettle.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:20 - Jan 30 with 1514 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:07 - Jan 30 by tony_roch975

don't agree, Roberts losing possession started the problems and then scorer was Newby's player and he just stood & watched him score, Keohane was marking another player close to his CBs, correctly but Lund does

It's a catalogue of mistakes. Still think Keohane is too far infield. Notice you omit any mention of Dooley being in position but not attempting to block the cross.

Mind you...our goal is also hopeless defending
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:21 - Jan 30 with 1493 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:18 - Jan 30 by DaleiLama

I dont think we've been "far" the better side but 55:45 posession, 7 shots to 4 and 3 corners to 1 all support the suggestion that the away side has been in the ascendancy. I do agree there isn't a gulf between us, but this is very winnable if we show some Smith's mettle.

BBC has 57:43, 8 shots to 4, 6 corners to 1 in favour of home side?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 1397 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:21 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

BBC has 57:43, 8 shots to 4, 6 corners to 1 in favour of home side?

Scratch that. Was looking at wrong side
Stats are crap anyway

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 1398 viewsboromat

Get in !!!!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 1384 viewsfrequency

Get in 1.2

Hate city

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:27 - Jan 30 with 1364 viewsDaleiLama

Newbyyyyyyyyyy. Nice work

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:27 - Jan 30 with 1359 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get in....Newby again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024