Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale 20:40 - Jan 29 with 15298 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54067/match-preview-bristol

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:23 - Jan 30 with 2471 viewsSaxonDale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:20 - Jan 30 by EllDale

Lady Luck perhaps smiled on us today but....
If Lund scores from those chances in the first half then we may have had another Plymouth/Wigan score line on our hands. He could have had another with a header at Gillingham in the first half as well but headed the ball into the ground but that is an observation not a criticism. His conversion rate has been fantastic this season and I dread to think where Dale would be without his goals.
At the risk of sounding like a scratched record I still think that we need to show more effort to close down crosses into the box. Dooley, Done and Keohane are the main culprits to my mind in their failure to close players down but to be fair they aren’t bona fide defenders either.
The fact that there is no midweek game is a bonus to my mind, gives the players five days of training to bask in the glow of victory.
And I agree 100% with the comments about Osho. Total commitment and awesome attitude.

Agree about Lund- probably my player of the season so far. He’s been superb for the majority.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:47 - Jan 30 with 2374 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:23 - Jan 30 by SaxonDale

Agree about Lund- probably my player of the season so far. He’s been superb for the majority.

Is it just me and a bad memory or has he scored more goals this season when playing deeper in an advanced midfield role?

He's done a great job up top when required being a focal point and pressing but he's more of s goal threat for me arriving a little late into the box from midfield.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 22:34 - Jan 30 with 2227 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:40 - Jan 30 by 442Dale

Got lucky with that offside. Very tight when pausing the replay , he looks at least level and in the absence of VAR it was a brave decision by the liner.

It's OK - looking at the Southampton game tonight VAR would have still saved us 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 1786 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:33 - Jan 30 by DaleiLama

Humps seems to struggle with his energy levels/blood sugar?

With all the additional roles we have filled off the pitch this season do we not have a nutritionist on board? Seeing what he was throwing together pre-match on one of his videos makes me think it’s not something the club advises the players on.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:52 - Jan 31 with 1737 viewsBillyRudd

Its about time Lady Luck smiled on us. Well done Dale! Rode our luck a little early in the second half but who cares!
As they say, fine margins, if Keohanes mistake (again) in the dying seconds had resulted in a goal we would have been combusting again.
Lund as is usual, first over the parapet but I would urge him to use his head rather than his heart when it comes to the officials. He does have the knack of getting on the wrong side of them. Regarding his miss, yes it was a sitter but at least he was there in position and I would back him at least eight times out of ten to put that away. It would,nt be that high with Beezley.
I get a real buzz out of watching Baah and I will watch his career with great interest, but he is a diamond in the rough, albeit a big one. He is very very young and will learn that he cannot beat three defenders and make a 40 yard run every time he gets the ball. As much as I love to see him try. Sometimes the two or three players man marking him are far better taken out with the ball laid off. Love his confidence though.
Thought the ref started well whereupon it went downhill rapidly. Totally inconsistent with regard to what constitutes a foul.
I was grateful that I have seen Oztumer play a lot better than that. I would,nt be displeased if he ever fancied a move further North than Walsall.
Also on a positive note in our battle is our far superior goal difference. Worth another point I would have thought.
Accy can do themselves and us a massive favour this week, playing Brizzle and the Cobblers, both at home! Come on Accy!
Up the Dale
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:53 - Jan 31 with 1733 views442Dale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:37 - Jan 31 by funkkk

With all the additional roles we have filled off the pitch this season do we not have a nutritionist on board? Seeing what he was throwing together pre-match on one of his videos makes me think it’s not something the club advises the players on.

Only seen the food available before the Charlton game which surely illustrates that they have a clear plan, as all clubs/players will.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:20 - Jan 31 with 1664 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:37 - Jan 31 by funkkk

The club does have its own chef for players after training sessions. At least it did until the covid protocols were imposed.

Its hard on the players when travelling. At hotels they get access to meals that have a good mix of carbs/protein/low fat. We saw that on one of Humps videos. He has bulked up a lot in recent years and he will know what he should eat. But like the rest of us that know what we should do, we all like the foods we shouldn't.

I still recall the media storm that erupted when it was revealed that Accy gave their players a McDonalds meal post game as a win bonus. And I still smile when I see the MK Dons coach at Tesco Sudden after a game at Spotland with the players filling up on sandwiches, pies, and the likes after a game. You'd think clubs would work together to provide packages of food pre and post match to both sets of players
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:39 - Jan 31 with 1617 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 10:53 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

Only seen the food available before the Charlton game which surely illustrates that they have a clear plan, as all clubs/players will.

Not really, a buffet was put on and they were told to crack on. He acknowledged in his next video that some of the lads had pulled him up on it and said he needed to be having more carbs.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:52 - Jan 31 with 1591 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:39 - Jan 31 by funkkk

Not really, a buffet was put on and they were told to crack on. He acknowledged in his next video that some of the lads had pulled him up on it and said he needed to be having more carbs.

This. He actually stated that his power levels went into the red on one of his vlogs due to insufficient carbs. They were throwing gels on to him yesterday and he was subbed That's why I brought it up. Once is a mistake, twice is in the danger of becoming a habit. He is integral to our success and it needs to be managed carefully. I know he's a big lad and will burn a lot, but managing nutrition is more important than managing a lot of the other off field stuff we've seen recently

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:59 - Jan 31 with 1566 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:39 - Jan 31 by funkkk

I imagine the contents of the buffet and the like will be controlled/suggested by the club.

Someone like Kevin Gibbins (Head of Football Science & Performance) probably has input into this.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 12:32 - Jan 31 with 1487 views442Dale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 11:52 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

This. He actually stated that his power levels went into the red on one of his vlogs due to insufficient carbs. They were throwing gels on to him yesterday and he was subbed That's why I brought it up. Once is a mistake, twice is in the danger of becoming a habit. He is integral to our success and it needs to be managed carefully. I know he's a big lad and will burn a lot, but managing nutrition is more important than managing a lot of the other off field stuff we've seen recently

Yeah, that’s what I meant about the food being there and him being told to change what he is having.

It’s not that they get to eat the wrong things, more that players need to follow with what’s best for them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 12:32 - Jan 31 with 1488 viewsjonahwhereru

I thought we got some good well deserved karma yesterday. We have played better and lost.
Credit to them for their goal they created an overload on the left, with Keohane having to cover two. You could say Newby didn’t track back far enough to prevent the situation. But we just conceded a well crafted goal.
But a gritty effort got the job done.
Was disappointed the Jim didn’t get paired with Osho for this game. Just starting to wonder if Roberts brings out the worst in our other CH’s (like Dawson raised others games). Probably being harsh. But we already know the Charlton centre forward is powerful and quick so it will be interesting to see how we set up. Expect McLaughlin to be back (dangerous assumption) but most of our other injuries seem some way off. Hope Beesley might have a chance of getting involved. After the match BBM said a few were carrying knocks.
If a city Baah deal could include a loan back and an additional loanee that would help. But the is still just conjecture.
In any event well done lads. Now looking forward to checking Tuesday’s game sake in the knowledge our league position won’t change.
UTD
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:05 - Jan 31 with 1400 viewsD_Alien

Regarding Humps diet, he mentioned (in fact, made a great piece of vlog out of) the fact the club allow one takeaway a week

That clearly indicates the club's input, and his intention to conform

There may have been reasons other than diet as to why he was taking on energy drinks and eventually subbed yesterday

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 13:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:07 - Jan 31 with 1390 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:05 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Regarding Humps diet, he mentioned (in fact, made a great piece of vlog out of) the fact the club allow one takeaway a week

There may have been reasons other than diet as to why he was taking on energy drinks and eventually subbed yesterday

More likely the injury issues he's mentioned recently with his hamstring and back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 1388 viewsjonahwhereru

One more point, if Dale had conceded the types of goals we scored on Saturday this board would have gone into meltdown.
In league one there were 10 goals conceded via crosses or corners.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 1387 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:07 - Jan 31 by boromat

More likely the injury issues he's mentioned recently with his hamstring and back.

Precisely - and lack of ability to train

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:29 - Jan 31 with 1334 viewsleedsdale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:09 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Precisely - and lack of ability to train

BBM said in his interview it was a combination of cramp and managing his hamstrings
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:37 - Jan 31 with 1314 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:29 - Jan 31 by leedsdale

BBM said in his interview it was a combination of cramp and managing his hamstrings

Or his humpstrings!

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 15:58 - Jan 31 with 1164 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 13:05 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Yep - sure the players are getting good advice, but i was under the impression that energy gels are pretty extreme instant fix options, typically used by cyclists/triathletes etc. (I took half a suitcase full to China for my colleague for that exact purpose) and are used as a "break glass in case of emergency" option when energy levels are too depleted for optimal performance. Regardless of the official version for the sub, use of gels doesn't pass the sniff test for me. Never seen them used before by Dale, but I may just not have noticed. I still feel that gels shouldn't be needed especially early in the second half. Bottom line though is hope it doesn't happen again and praps his next vlog will shed more light on the situation.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 17:52 - May 1 with 691 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 15:54 - Jan 30 by RAFC_1990

Why are you obsessed with this formation? We dont have the wing backs to do it and it would mean we would have to sacrifice our wingers, Newby, Baah etc which are a strong point. To fit in one player who isnt good enough?

Perhaps if we had adopted this formation sooner we might have survived?.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 18:17 - May 1 with 627 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (n/t) on 17:52 - May 1 by James1980

Perhaps if we had adopted this formation sooner we might have survived?.

There's a lot of things we should have done sooner, James, including yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024