Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale 20:40 - Jan 29 with 15299 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54067/match-preview-bristol

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:02 - Jan 30 with 2834 viewsD_Alien

A chink of light between Dale and the bottom four, at last!

Think i'll celebrate with a chinese

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:03 - Jan 30 with 2805 views442Dale

Credit to BBM and the players. Little things like the new “arms-out-everyone-linked” when defending free kicks at least illustrate emphasis on getting the defending right. Shows we can win games and still create loads of opportunities if we concentrate on keeping the ball out of the net.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:03 - Jan 30 with 2792 viewsjpresto

Must admit i bottled it and cashed out my Dale to win bet once we were ahead
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:04 - Jan 30 with 2773 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 16:58 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

Well done lads!!!!

We don't make it easy on ourself. Mistake by Keohane with 30 seconds left that almost led to a Deja Vu moment.

However we deserve a bit of luck this month and that's a huge win
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:05]
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:05 - Jan 30 with 2761 viewsIOMDale

That was a bit too close for comfort at the end but a cracking win.

Some superb performances today but I feel so much more relaxed with Osho at the back; he’s a ‘proper’ defender, not afraid to put his head where it hurts, getting blocks in and hammering it into row Z when necessary.

Thought the midfield three were brilliant, very industrious with lots of intelligent passing and energy. Quiet day for Humps but Dooley and Newby stepped up and though Bazunu’s kicking wasn’t brilliant, he made a couple of outstanding saves.

A win coupled with a couple of incomings on Monday (hopefully) will give club a huge lift.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:16 - Jan 30 with 2566 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:03 - Jan 30 by jpresto

Must admit i bottled it and cashed out my Dale to win bet once we were ahead

No shame in that presto, a win Is a win. At least you had the bottle to place the bet in the first place.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:18 - Jan 30 with 2525 viewsSaxonDale

Bazunu's kicking seemed a mental problem as much as anything- there was a marked difference between his kicking at 1-1 and 2-1.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:23 - Jan 30 with 2463 viewsRotherhamDale

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet?

GET IN
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:23]

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:24 - Jan 30 with 2444 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:02 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

A Chinese what?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:28 - Jan 30 with 2367 viewsdingdangblue

Sorry you are not allowed to do that - unless they are in your bubble of course.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Jan 30 with 2377 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:24 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

A Chinese what?

Sweet & Sour Dale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:31 - Jan 30 with 2354 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:28 - Jan 30 by dingdangblue

Sorry you are not allowed to do that - unless they are in your bubble of course.

It's the one i've kept in the freezer...

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 2349 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

Sweet & Sour Dale

I thought you might be turning Japanese.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 2327 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

Sweet & Sour Dale

Does he post on here?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 2323 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:32 - Jan 30 by judd

You really think so?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:36 - Jan 30 with 2284 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:33 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

Does he post on here?

It's that Shun guy

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Jan 30 with 2210 viewsQuigley_dale

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:36 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

It's that Shun guy

What about, at the peking?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:41]
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:46 - Jan 30 with 2148 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Jan 30 by Quigley_dale

What about, at the peking?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:41]

BeijingaDale!

PS: noticed your ticks up&down, second time today!!

(Sorry everyone, just the afterglow of a Dale win )

[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:48]

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 1954 viewsSaxonDale

Some scrambled thoughts from me:

Thought we attacked well in parts today- we know we've got more than enough to stay up this season going forward. Newby had his best game for a while and good to see we're still a genuine threat without Baah,

Defensively we still have a lot of work to do. Obviously good to see there's been some focus in training with set pieces but still thought we rode our luck far too much at times. Hate to single player's out but thought Keohane was poor- presume McLaughlin will have completed his self-isolation by next Saturday. Agree with what others have been saying about Roberts too.

Thought Osho was excellent and is exactly what we need at this moment in time- he's aggressive in his play and seems to want to get his head on every delivery. Early days but If we could make him permanent in the summer I'd be tempted on current viewing.
Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 1873 viewsDaleiLama

You MUST start with a Won Ton soup surely?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 18:30 - Jan 30 with 1853 viewsArthurDaley

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 17:32 - Jan 30 by judd

A large VAT Dave

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 1783 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 18:27 - Jan 30 by DaleiLama

You MUST start with a Won Ton soup surely?

I'll wait till we've achieved the 14th Won Ton*

* courtesy of TVOS stats

Edit: please don't set me off again!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 18:40]

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 20:48 - Jan 30 with 1392 viewsAtThePeake

We don't win that game without Gabriel Osho. A proper performance from a proper defender, well done that man.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:02 - Jan 30 with 1338 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 20:48 - Jan 30 by AtThePeake

We don't win that game without Gabriel Osho. A proper performance from a proper defender, well done that man.

Excellent decision making, well timed very important tackles and choosing right time between when to pass it out and when to boot it clear. Holding onto all 3 points will give the whole team a confidence boost.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale on 21:20 - Jan 30 with 1269 viewsEllDale

Lady Luck perhaps smiled on us today but....
If Lund scores from those chances in the first half then we may have had another Plymouth/Wigan score line on our hands. He could have had another with a header at Gillingham in the first half as well but headed the ball into the ground but that is an observation not a criticism. His conversion rate has been fantastic this season and I dread to think where Dale would be without his goals.
At the risk of sounding like a scratched record I still think that we need to show more effort to close down crosses into the box. Dooley, Done and Keohane are the main culprits to my mind in their failure to close players down but to be fair they aren’t bona fide defenders either.
The fact that there is no midweek game is a bonus to my mind, gives the players five days of training to bask in the glow of victory.
And I agree 100% with the comments about Osho. Total commitment and awesome attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024