Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale 17:00 - Mar 5 with 22882 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54425/match-preview-sunderl

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:29 - Mar 6 with 2588 viewsDMR90

Conor Grant is too much of a passenger, has offered nothing offensively and defensively in recent games.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 2463 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:29 - Mar 6 by DMR90

Conor Grant is too much of a passenger, has offered nothing offensively and defensively in recent games.

He'll fit right in, perfect
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 2436 viewsrichfoad32

He's shown flashes of ability but is really a 19 year old kid thrown in before he's ready. Not his fault.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:38 - Mar 6 with 2323 viewsinthenet

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:34 - Mar 6 by richfoad32

He's shown flashes of ability but is really a 19 year old kid thrown in before he's ready. Not his fault.

How long do we put up with this , the only direction we are going is down

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:45 - Mar 6 with 2168 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:38 - Mar 6 by inthenet

How long do we put up with this , the only direction we are going is down

Only 13 games to go.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 2139 viewskel

I honestly think other clubs almost view us as a training game now with the opportunity to relax amidst a hectic schedule. They don’t even have to get out of first gear to beat us.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:47]
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:49 - Mar 6 with 2058 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Mar 6 by kel

I honestly think other clubs almost view us as a training game now with the opportunity to relax amidst a hectic schedule. They don’t even have to get out of first gear to beat us.

Think that’s the main take from today. Sunderland seem to be playing at half pace at times knowing they’re comfortable. We’ve done ok, even a couple of chances we should have scored from but they don’t ever give the appearance of a side who are in any way concerned about what we will do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:50 - Mar 6 with 2024 viewsNigeriamark

Spot on. You feel that if we actually scored a goal, a number of teams we have played lately would just click up a gear.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:50 - Mar 6 with 2025 viewsPorlicks

Thank god! An 87th minute decisive substitution

Who are YOU with?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:50 - Mar 6 with 2013 viewstony_roch975

rubbish referee - everything's going against us

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:51 - Mar 6 with 2002 viewsinthenet

Can the board please explain how BBM can be the man to take this team foreword on thi seasons results ....wouldn’t surprise me if a Tesco is not signing the papers now to start building a superstore .

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:52 - Mar 6 with 1959 viewsboromat

Odoh has been utilised well as our only striker on the bench in recent games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Mar 6 with 1913 viewsonedalefan

According to the BBC, we have had four shots on target against their two!
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1787 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:50 - Mar 6 by tony_roch975

rubbish referee - everything's going against us

Will that be the managers excuse?

Aren't you going to give credit to the much better team
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1786 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:51 - Mar 6 by inthenet

Can the board please explain how BBM can be the man to take this team foreword on thi seasons results ....wouldn’t surprise me if a Tesco is not signing the papers now to start building a superstore .

You won't hear nothing from the club , until it's season ticket time.

Think the club will be shocked by the take up of season tickets next season. My money going to the Reform club next season.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1777 viewsHopwoodblue

Hope one of BBM’s staff suggests to him to take a look at the league table tonight
It might be a good time to pay attention to the position we find ourselves in and mention it to the players.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:08]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 1755 viewsFrog

We were top of the mini league of 7 fighting for survival a week ago, now we're bottom. If BBM has any dignity he will resign in the next 5 minutes.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 1712 viewsCedar_Room

Thats 6 games straight where we haven’t even scored a goal
1 win in the last 16
Genuinely no idea how anyone is still behind BBM at this stage
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 1708 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Mar 6 by mightydale

You won't hear nothing from the club , until it's season ticket time.

Think the club will be shocked by the take up of season tickets next season. My money going to the Reform club next season.

They won't be selling them. They won't want to refund (or give credit) to those over paying this season. Cash on the day sales only.....for those that want to bother
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 1675 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Mar 6 by Dalenet

Will that be the managers excuse?

Aren't you going to give credit to the much better team

don't think they are mutually exclusive though you might

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:03 - Mar 6 with 1594 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 6 by Cedar_Room

Thats 6 games straight where we haven’t even scored a goal
1 win in the last 16
Genuinely no idea how anyone is still behind BBM at this stage

It's an approximation (due to length of added time) but i make it at least 625 minutes without a goal

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 1505 viewsmilnrowblue

Would probably just pass it off as another game if we were safe, but we’re not. An easy day out for Sunderland but not a terrible performance from Dale by any stretch of the imagination.

We’ve got 13 games left, so this is the final point I’d say now for the board to pull the trigger, however I don’t see anybody getting anything extra out of these players except for a 3 game new manager “bounce”. I’d argue to say it’s either get somebody in now, or go down and (I’m expecting a bit of stick for this) extend BBM’s contract for a year. I think the loan signings have been underwhelming this season as a whole, and whilst there are a lot of players/passengers playing out their contracts, I think we have something to build on should we go down and restart fresh after constant relegation battle after relegation battle with remnants of the second Hill era.

We’re comfortable on the ball, that’s a fact that I won’t have anybody argue with, so why we go long constantly is unfathomable to me.

I’ve all but conceded relegation, so looking towards a season in League Two, we can build a really capable team with the playing budget that would hopefully be on offer with the high earners out of contract. The main areas in the team for me are obviously a left back, but a keeper that doesn’t change year after year, somebody along the lines of Lillis who we know we can rely on in their prime years rather than young, on loan goalkeepers.

I’m not sure there is anything left to say that hasn’t been said, but whatever the outcome, whoever is in charge managerial-wise and whatever league we get back into Spotland watching Dale in, we’ve got to get behind the boys.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 1501 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 6 by tony_roch975

don't think they are mutually exclusive though you might

To be fair I thought it wasn't a bad effort for a pre season training game against a side you might expect to get promotion. I just hope that once the season starts we might be able to string a few passes together, push the ball up the field a bit before the final 10 minutes, hold the opposition off in a tackle and take a set piece where we might beat the first man. So all looking bright for when our season starts
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 6 with 1419 viewsfunkkk

I’m feeling more and more angry after every game. There is no justification for him still being in the job. Even our most successful ever manager had been sacked by this point in the season. It can’t go on surely!
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 6 with 1416 viewsrich_dale

Thought he had some good moments on the ball without really influencing the game. It looks, at least, like there is a decent player in there.

Shaughnessy is more of a concern, doesn't look up to standard at this level, although part of that has been due to him being played out of position. When we signed him he was apparently a defensive midfielder/centre back - which was what we needed at the time. In recent games he's played centre forward and attacking midfield. He looks a centre back at best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024