Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale 17:00 - Mar 5 with 22872 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54425/match-preview-sunderl

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:10 - Mar 6 with 2956 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:03 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

It's an approximation (due to length of added time) but i make it at least 625 minutes without a goal

The sad thing is, we've only had a couple of moments over the whole period when we've even looked like we might score. Humphrys looks completely isolated and frustrated now up top, if (when for me) we go down, does anybody really expect him to stay at Dale?
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:12 - Mar 6 with 2926 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Mar 6 by milnrowblue

Would probably just pass it off as another game if we were safe, but we’re not. An easy day out for Sunderland but not a terrible performance from Dale by any stretch of the imagination.

We’ve got 13 games left, so this is the final point I’d say now for the board to pull the trigger, however I don’t see anybody getting anything extra out of these players except for a 3 game new manager “bounce”. I’d argue to say it’s either get somebody in now, or go down and (I’m expecting a bit of stick for this) extend BBM’s contract for a year. I think the loan signings have been underwhelming this season as a whole, and whilst there are a lot of players/passengers playing out their contracts, I think we have something to build on should we go down and restart fresh after constant relegation battle after relegation battle with remnants of the second Hill era.

We’re comfortable on the ball, that’s a fact that I won’t have anybody argue with, so why we go long constantly is unfathomable to me.

I’ve all but conceded relegation, so looking towards a season in League Two, we can build a really capable team with the playing budget that would hopefully be on offer with the high earners out of contract. The main areas in the team for me are obviously a left back, but a keeper that doesn’t change year after year, somebody along the lines of Lillis who we know we can rely on in their prime years rather than young, on loan goalkeepers.

I’m not sure there is anything left to say that hasn’t been said, but whatever the outcome, whoever is in charge managerial-wise and whatever league we get back into Spotland watching Dale in, we’ve got to get behind the boys.

I will give you one hundred of the Queen’s English pounds if BBM gets a one year contract extension and makes it to the end of it.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:15 - Mar 6 with 2871 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Mar 6 by kel

I honestly think other clubs almost view us as a training game now with the opportunity to relax amidst a hectic schedule. They don’t even have to get out of first gear to beat us.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:47]

That's why I jet-washed the patio in the sunshine. Fed up of watching Dale get jet-washed and making the same mistakes every week. I wonder if anyone will ask BBM if he knows where we are in the table? So undeserved for a team in good form and creating so many chances. The train just pulled out of Hope.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:22 - Mar 6 with 2733 views442Dale

Back to a point made before the game: if we’ve so few options due to injuries up front why wasn’t Odoh at least given some time in the second half to see if he could be used in that area to support those that are available?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:22 - Mar 6 with 2736 viewsPorlicks

Perhaps signing an experienced goalkeeper rather than a kid from the premiership might help sort out the defence. Good teams don't have 19 year olds in net.

Who are YOU with?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:30 - Mar 6 with 2623 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:22 - Mar 6 by Porlicks

Perhaps signing an experienced goalkeeper rather than a kid from the premiership might help sort out the defence. Good teams don't have 19 year olds in net.

Some might hammer me for it, but the treatment of Lillis never made much sense. Contractual issues may have had something to do with the inability to use/keep him. But if he was willing to stay on less money, he’d have offered so much more than Lynch as a back up, and would currently be playing. Lonergan’s performances are rightly lauded from two years ago, but Lillis played the last eight games that season.

If not him, then someone proven was definitely needed as a no.2 if we go down the young keeper on loan route.

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:37 - Mar 6 with 2531 viewsTomRAFC

Losing to a strong team is what happens sometimes. However, making the same avoidable mistakes, regardless of our opponent, has reached the point where it has become ludicrous. BBM either doesn't have the skill or the humility to change this style of play. He has to go.

Some of the well written posts on here of late have made me feel genuinely sad. People are so disheartened that their view of their own club's self-worth has begun to drop. This obviously ties in with the issues around our CEO as well as our manager.

If the club can afford to pay BBM but can't afford to sack him, then place him on gardening leave and allow either Tony Ellis or Paul McShane to manage the team until his contract expires.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:40 - Mar 6 with 2474 views49thseason

There has been no mention of the clubs parlous position from any of the board. They knew relegation was on the cards when they cleared out as many players as they could pre-season. BBM was asked to build as cheap a squad as possible and do his best with a guarantee that he would still be in charge in L2 if we did indeed get relegated. Its either this or oblivion. No one can realistically bring in nearly a full squad of non league players, kids and waifs and strays from U23 sides and expect to be competitive in this unforgiving ,physical League.

We are where we are on merit. I can't see any possibility of not going down so we need to know now...
What is the plan?

Is there going to be anything left in the kitty?

Can we afford to bring in some "proper" players next season? Or will we be back in the loan market and scouring non-league which to be fair is only 1 league below L2?

Do we now have any faith in the Management team to produce a competitive side in L2 and if not when are they leaving?

If we have planned for relegation, the plan is certainly working, the big question is what resources do we have left to prevent a freefall through L2?

The saving grace maybe that there are clubs worse off financially who didn't take the steps we did. and whose finances are completely shot to the extent that they may have to try and do over this summer what we did last summer. Some may well go the way Bury did. Is it time to accept we are doomed to relegation and start building for next season by getting more of the kids up to speed or finding out if they are not good enough?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:52 - Mar 6 with 2368 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:40 - Mar 6 by 49thseason

There has been no mention of the clubs parlous position from any of the board. They knew relegation was on the cards when they cleared out as many players as they could pre-season. BBM was asked to build as cheap a squad as possible and do his best with a guarantee that he would still be in charge in L2 if we did indeed get relegated. Its either this or oblivion. No one can realistically bring in nearly a full squad of non league players, kids and waifs and strays from U23 sides and expect to be competitive in this unforgiving ,physical League.

We are where we are on merit. I can't see any possibility of not going down so we need to know now...
What is the plan?

Is there going to be anything left in the kitty?

Can we afford to bring in some "proper" players next season? Or will we be back in the loan market and scouring non-league which to be fair is only 1 league below L2?

Do we now have any faith in the Management team to produce a competitive side in L2 and if not when are they leaving?

If we have planned for relegation, the plan is certainly working, the big question is what resources do we have left to prevent a freefall through L2?

The saving grace maybe that there are clubs worse off financially who didn't take the steps we did. and whose finances are completely shot to the extent that they may have to try and do over this summer what we did last summer. Some may well go the way Bury did. Is it time to accept we are doomed to relegation and start building for next season by getting more of the kids up to speed or finding out if they are not good enough?

Unfortunately for much have that to be considered, we’d have to move away from the manager himself saying that he and the players did not expect us to be in the position most predicted. That was made clear.

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:06 - Mar 6 with 2253 viewsRippDale

I think we need someone from outside the club now. Bring them in now to assess the players and clear the decks for next season in league 2
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:32 - Mar 6 with 2067 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 17:52 - Mar 6 by 442Dale

Unfortunately for much have that to be considered, we’d have to move away from the manager himself saying that he and the players did not expect us to be in the position most predicted. That was made clear.

It was another "excellent performance" if you can "separate yourself from the result".......... has this bell end been to the same football cliché ridden coaching school as Mr Hill, im sorry Brian but a performance rewarded with zero points is about as much use as a fish with tits at this stage of the season,in isolation you'd take a decent performance if we ever bothered picking up 3 points... absolute deluded idiot
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:33 - Mar 6 with 2059 viewsfinberty

Entering L2 with BBM's one dimensional approach, which has already been worked out, will see Dale struggle again and finally leave the EFL.

All avoidable, with 39 L1 points to play for, but, as I've said before - asleep at the wheel.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:43 - Mar 6 with 1981 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:49 - Mar 6 with 1925 viewsTomRAFC

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:43 - Mar 6 by 442Dale

It's easy to get distracted by how badly we are doing?

"We can only control the way we perform". It really doesn't seem like we're controlling that too well.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1887 viewsmilnrowblue

I’ve just seen Brian’s interview.

I’ve backed him to the hilt, but Jesus Christ the man is absolutely deluded if he thinks anybody excited about this run in.

Pathetic interview, no fire, just complacency.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1887 viewsArthurDaley

What is going on at the Dale at the moment reminds me of years ago when Jimmy Case was manager of Brighton. He was terrible and the board wouldn't sack him. The Brighton board
seemed to want him to destroy the football club. They seemed to have an ulterior motive.
Like wanting to build on the ground. Our directors seem to have a very devious motive.

A large VAT Dave

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:59 - Mar 6 with 1843 viewsonedalefan

Can't be bothered to watch. Did he spout the usual rubbish?
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 1754 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:51 - Mar 6 by inthenet

Can the board please explain how BBM can be the man to take this team foreword on thi seasons results ....wouldn’t surprise me if a Tesco is not signing the papers now to start building a superstore .

There's a couple of Tesco Expresses nearby and the big one at Sudden. There isn't a Sainsbury's in town. Perhaps they are interested? Or might the houses be on Bottomley Boulevard? Given the utter negligence being shown from the club right now, who knows?
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 1644 viewsTVOS1907

Why are the lads "very excited for the rest of the season"?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:39 - Mar 6 with 1627 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 18:53 - Mar 6 by ArthurDaley

What is going on at the Dale at the moment reminds me of years ago when Jimmy Case was manager of Brighton. He was terrible and the board wouldn't sack him. The Brighton board
seemed to want him to destroy the football club. They seemed to have an ulterior motive.
Like wanting to build on the ground. Our directors seem to have a very devious motive.

Yikes, that was a dark period in Brighton's history and very nearly pushed them to extinction after selling the Goldstone Ground.....it couldn't be happening to us could it?
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:39 - Mar 6 with 1623 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:36 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Why are the lads "very excited for the rest of the season"?

Maybe he means they’re excited for the rest of the season to finish so they can leave for clubs with ambition and proper management.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 1610 viewsEllDale

It seems incredible to think that exactly twelve months ago we were jubilant after beating Rotherham.
Some of those players are still here but have nothing like the drive and determination showed that afternoon anymore.
The body language shows a totally demoralised squad of players, many of whom suspect that they will be leaving in summer anyway.
Please don’t email me this week asking me to dip my hand in my pocket for halftime draw tickets.
Or iFollow payments for away matches.
The club have the last bit of money from me for this season as we are rapidly becoming a laughing stock.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 1563 viewsAllDaleArentWe

What reason is there for Brian to still be in a job? Like others have said our most successful manager got sacked for less. I’d love that question to be asked at the forum on Wednesday
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 1537 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:46 - Mar 6 by AllDaleArentWe

What reason is there for Brian to still be in a job? Like others have said our most successful manager got sacked for less. I’d love that question to be asked at the forum on Wednesday

No awkward questions are getting answered, let’s be honest. There HAS to be something going on that we aren’t being told.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 1528 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 19:46 - Mar 6 by AllDaleArentWe

I doubt it will

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024