Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale 17:00 - Mar 5 with 22867 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54425/match-preview-sunderl

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Mar 6 with 2637 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:44 - Mar 6 by judd

What kind of hat is it and are you wearing it indoors?

A trilby, you nosey bar steward.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Mar 6 with 2628 viewsD_Alien

That's 12 halfs (halves? whatever) without scoring

TWELVE

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:52 - Mar 6 with 2598 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:46 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Our point at Northampton's looking like a good result...

Doesn't it just. They wanted it more than us and in games since it is paying off. Can't believe we are rolling over with little fight
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:52 - Mar 6 with 2590 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:44 - Mar 6 by 442Dale

For once, glad I have. Because if anyone is watching closely enough you can see every single issue so very apparent in everything we do.

Of course, there are people who make decisions who are either oblivious or choosing to ignore it. To the club’s detriment.

This has gone on so long that you can only surmise its being ignored unless those in charge are negligible beyond credible belief.

One’s as bad as the other in my book at this stage, anyway.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:53 - Mar 6 with 2585 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

Is it your Dale watching hat?

Your titfer tat?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:53 - Mar 6 with 2559 viewsSaxonDale

Sound like a broken record but I think we’ve played half decent so far. There’s been a few sackable performances lately but IMO in isolation, this first half isn’t one of them. First goal a Sunderland player is clever to put a block on Keohane’s waist so it looks much poorer defending than it should’ve been. Second one is poor positioning by McShane. Don’t think we’re completely out of this yet- we’ve created enough to have scored at least one.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 15:55]
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:54 - Mar 6 with 2543 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

Ah, two hats

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:55 - Mar 6 with 2500 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:42 - Mar 6 by kel

We’ve just been on the front foot and facing their goal and we passed it back to our centre backs. Fookin pathetic.

Just about sums up the whole club. we were ont he front foot, doing ok in most areas....then Bottomley arrived
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:56 - Mar 6 with 2489 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:53 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Is it your Dale watching hat?

Your titfer tat?

Of late, it’d be a balaclava to make sure I see as little of our painful play as possible.

As for the squad and management team, it’s dunces’ caps all round.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:57 - Mar 6 with 2435 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:53 - Mar 6 by SaxonDale

Sound like a broken record but I think we’ve played half decent so far. There’s been a few sackable performances lately but IMO in isolation, this first half isn’t one of them. First goal a Sunderland player is clever to put a block on Keohane’s waist so it looks much poorer defending than it should’ve been. Second one is poor positioning by McShane. Don’t think we’re completely out of this yet- we’ve created enough to have scored at least one.

Both goals were garbage from a defensive POV and we have zero chance of getting anything out of this game
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:58 - Mar 6 with 2406 viewsPorlicks

A good thrashing is the only way we get rid of a very poor manager who doesn't seem to have even a basic grasp of the fundamentals of the game.

Hopefully Sunderland make a bit of an effort in the second half.

Who are YOU with?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 2387 viewsDalenet

Agree it certainly isn't our worst half of football by any means. But we aren't taking the chances, not getting at the opposition enough for team that needs 3 points and we are playing too slow. They are in total control and would step up a gear if needed. At least we have managed two shots on goal in the final 15 minutes of the half. I fear they will step up a gear in the second half
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 15:59]
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:00 - Mar 6 with 2353 viewsboromat

It's difficult to stay positive but I think you're right we're playing better and creating chances. We were always going to concede in this game and most likely lose. If only we had been more clinical. See what the second half brings me but with all the players missing and the fact it's Sunderland away I don't think this game in isolation is too depressing it's just the fact it's following a run of several games that have been unacceptable.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:02 - Mar 6 with 2305 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:56 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

Of late, it’d be a balaclava to make sure I see as little of our painful play as possible.

As for the squad and management team, it’s dunces’ caps all round.

Your balaclava would have to be on back to front

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:04 - Mar 6 with 2245 viewsrich_dale

Actually been an improved showing - going forward at least. The first goal though is unforgiveable. Didn't know you could ball watch from a set piece. And the set up and formation isn't right again - don't know why Shaughnessy is playing in the three behind the striker, he's a defensive midfielder/centre back by trade. A strong physical presence he may be, but a fleet of foot attacking midfielder he ain't and his attempted pass to Baah was awful and a waste of one of our best openings. Morley would have played Baah in in that position, yet he's playing almost as a left back and pinging passes from a less threatening position. Again, no lessons being learned.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 6 with 2240 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:02 - Mar 6 by judd

Your balaclava would have to be on back to front

What if he's facing away from the screen?

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 6 with 2241 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:54 - Mar 6 by judd

Ah, two hats

We do need a sharpshooter:

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 2215 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Just to be safe, I’d wear it back to front and face away from the screen.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 2211 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Mar 6 by Dalenet

Agree it certainly isn't our worst half of football by any means. But we aren't taking the chances, not getting at the opposition enough for team that needs 3 points and we are playing too slow. They are in total control and would step up a gear if needed. At least we have managed two shots on goal in the final 15 minutes of the half. I fear they will step up a gear in the second half
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 15:59]

The too slow comment! We don't have any dynamic in central midfield. O'Connell, Shaugnessy and Morley just don't work.

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 2193 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 15:58 - Mar 6 by Porlicks

A good thrashing is the only way we get rid of a very poor manager who doesn't seem to have even a basic grasp of the fundamentals of the game.

Hopefully Sunderland make a bit of an effort in the second half.

There's no guarantee that ' a thrashing' makes any difference.

Wishing your team to get beaten heavily is not supporting them. It's moronic.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:07 - Mar 6 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:06 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

Just to be safe, I’d wear it back to front and face away from the screen.

That's what BBM must do in training, when he's talking out the back of his head

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:09]

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 2095 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:06 - Mar 6 by SuddenLad

There's no guarantee that ' a thrashing' makes any difference.

Wishing your team to get beaten heavily is not supporting them. It's moronic.

I agree I think BBM is here to stay regardless at this point.

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 1939 viewsfunkkk

Still in this lads, don’t forget to HOLD.
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 1939 viewsJimmyRustler

That 8 yard pass from Morley should keep the commentator’s chubbs throbbing for a good few games now. It’s a complete fallacy that he’s a good passer of the ball and he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a couple of games IMO cause he’s been poor for a while
Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:24 - Mar 6 with 1807 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

He wouldn't know

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024