Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread THE FINAL SAY 02:20 - Apr 7 with 14352 viewsNotLoyal

The swans are on a run of four defeats, no goals and seemingly have lost all confidence in themselves and how to deliver goals and points. Millwall are on a healthy run of form.

Nailed on home win then eh ?

EFL Championship
Saturday 10th April 2021
The New Den
Kick off 12.30pm or maybe it’s 1pm

Match Officials
ROBERT JONES
Darren Cann and Simon Beck
Fourth Official : Craig Hicks

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

The swans are entering record breaking territory for all the wrong reasons.
Here we go ...

Longest losing streak (League): 9 matches, 26 January 1991 to 19 March 1991
Longest non-scoring run (League): 6 matches, 6 February 1996 to 24 February 1996

Who would have thought it, it’s strange how we all take things for granted when they are going well, and even stranger the people who were being hailed as the new dawn in Swansea City’s recent history are two months later being shouted down - and are very persona non grata.

Millwall on the other hand have won their last three games.

So what’s going on ?
Well, it’s like this. When you don’t score goals you draw games, when you don’t score goals and let them in you lose games. When you aren’t good enough to create chances to score goals and the other team does you lose games. If you are both shite, you draw games, but as we have seen you also lose games. This isn’t a conundrum, it’s what happens when your luck runs out, your heads are down and you feel sorry for yourself. Then you look at your bank balance, shrug your shoulders and play on your Xbox or PlayStation. It’s a great life being a loser.

A look back in anger

That’s a decent side.

Let’s go back to 2007 and Millwall v Swansea at the New Den. I chose this hame as I thought Kevin Austin was superb playing in this game. As we know he died of pancreatic cancer in 2018. Solid as a rock. Very dodgy penalty awarded against the swans, but still got the point.

Report - Roberto Martinez’s Swans extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to an influential performance from Paul Anderson. The on-loan Liverpool winger created the opening goal when his shot was parried into the path of Jason Scotland and the striker steered home. Millwall, under the guidance of new boss Jackett, responded through Zak Whitbread, and they went ahead 20 minutes from time thanks to Alan Dunne’s penalty. But Anderson had the final word, combining with Scotland to make it 2-2 on 78 minutes. The goal is credited to Darryl Duffy.

This game is LIVE on SKY and the club stronghold of Wales goes to Swansea City.
Just in case the 5-0 filth down the road are getting out of hand

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54741/can-the-swans-make

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, Alex Pearce (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Mason Bennett, Dan McNamara, Billy Mitchell, George Evans.

Substitutes: Frank Fielding, Mahlon Romeo, Shaun Williams, Shane Ferguson, Connor Mahoney, Ryan Woods, Kanneth Zohore, Tom Bradshaw, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Jake Bidwell, Ollie Cooper. Ben Cabango.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54746/swansea-city-hamme

Nice one Jacks that’s more like it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 1226 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I know the bar was extremely low but we've been better today than for some time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 1218 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I still chuckle when thinking back to the time somebody on here told me that we'll lose Jamal Lowe to a Premier League club.

We'll do well to con another club in this league into getting our money back. I'd argue Lowe will be fortunate if his next club is in League 1.

He's one of the least talented irst choice strikers we've had in over a decade. Probably longer. He truly lacks so many basic attributes needed to play at this level.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 13:18]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1184 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Routledge keeps passing the ball to Swans players and it's started to catch on.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 1183 views34dfgdf54

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:02 - Apr 10 by angryjack

He useless..

Righteyo. Most dangerous player.

Growing into this formation I reckon we are.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:14 - Apr 10 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

It s painful innit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 1161 viewsGwyn737

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:11 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Routledge keeps passing the ball to Swans players and it's started to catch on.

Spot on 🤣
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 1124 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We deserve that. If people can't see that we have been better today they have an agenda.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 1128 viewsjasper_T

First thing Ayew's done all game.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:19 - Apr 10 with 1118 viewsChief

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:18 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

First thing Ayew's done all game.

And that doesn't dismay me whatsoever

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 1103 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:19 - Apr 10 by Chief

And that doesn't dismay me whatsoever

Get in there!
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 1098 viewsJack59

He'll have to have an elbow in the face now before every game.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 1094 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:18 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

We deserve that. If people can't see that we have been better today they have an agenda.

36 year old Wayne Routledge is showing Jamal Lowe how you can operate effectively as an attacker by simply controlling the football, lifting your head, spotting a fellow attacker and passing them the ball.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:21 - Apr 10 with 1094 views34dfgdf54

I actually think we have played well against a good Millwall side on form.

Growing into formation. Malone giving it the big one all game and getting sat down was lovely too.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:21 - Apr 10 with 1075 viewsjacksfullaces

was about to say positive intent was at least an improvement from a low place. a goal a happy bonus to that if not guaranteed from the quality we had seen.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:22 - Apr 10 with 1066 viewsjasper_T

Routs has done well, holding it up but releases quick when it's on. Hourihane might as well not be playing. Manning's having a very poor one.

Apart from Wallace no real quality in their side and they're inviting us on, been there for the taking.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 1039 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:22 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Routs has done well, holding it up but releases quick when it's on. Hourihane might as well not be playing. Manning's having a very poor one.

Apart from Wallace no real quality in their side and they're inviting us on, been there for the taking.

We are doing well against a good Millwood side.
I don't want to say to much positive
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 1039 viewsnantywatcher

Good all round performance. Amazed how sharp Wayne is. What a great asset Jamal is, people on here criticising him she switch over to channel 405 and watch the golf.Humphries!!
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 1029 views34dfgdf54

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:25 - Apr 10 by nantywatcher

Good all round performance. Amazed how sharp Wayne is. What a great asset Jamal is, people on here criticising him she switch over to channel 405 and watch the golf.Humphries!!

Jamal confidence rock bottom but looks way better out wide and a threat.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 1002 viewsFlashberryjack

I hope we're not going to go into full defensive mode for the next 45 minutes.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:28 - Apr 10 with 999 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:22 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

I actually think Hourihane has looked much better in our midfield today. Am I the only one?
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 13:28 - Apr 10 with 998 viewsKeithHaynes

Lovely finish by Ayew, broadcasted the shot and still the keeper couldn’t stop it. Excellent assist by Hourihane as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:29 - Apr 10 with 992 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:25 - Apr 10 by 34dfgdf54

Jamal confidence rock bottom but looks way better out wide and a threat.

Really? Whenever we win the ball and a Swansea player looks up to counter attack, Lowe is AWOL.

Whenever he's played into space he slows the attack down and eventually panics and loses the ball.

I know it's exciting to see us play with wingers again however let's not pretend he's playing to an acceptable standard. He's been very poor out wide too. He's just getting more of the ball in their half compared to when he was played down the middle.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 13:30 - Apr 10 with 987 viewsChief

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 13:28 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

Lovely finish by Ayew, broadcasted the shot and still the keeper couldn’t stop it. Excellent assist by Hourihane as well.

And Routs before that too.

He's having a great game

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:31 - Apr 10 with 974 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:28 - Apr 10 by LittleEnglandJack

I actually think Hourihane has looked much better in our midfield today. Am I the only one?

It would be nice win this to back to third in the league.
Start of the season i didn't think we would be anywhere near the play offs.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:33 - Apr 10 with 946 viewsangryjack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:20 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

36 year old Wayne Routledge is showing Jamal Lowe how you can operate effectively as an attacker by simply controlling the football, lifting your head, spotting a fellow attacker and passing them the ball.

Totally agree he can hold the ball for a start and take pressure off...Lowe is useless
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024