Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale 13:55 - Apr 23 with 11936 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54881/match-preview-crewe-v

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:36 - Apr 24 with 2961 views442Dale

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:26 - Apr 24 by SaxonDale

Thought we were ok but looked a bit leggy after our recent run of games. Humphrys coming back and getting 30 minutes is a big plus but 2 huge blows with the potential loss of Rathbone and McShane- can’t say I’d be at all confident of a result against Wimbledon if neither of them feature. Can’t decide whether I admire the professionalism or think it’s absolute housery from Crewe to dive for a penalty in the last minute considering both club’s circumstances!

If both are out and Humphrys starts would actually prefer Keohane in the central three and Done at LWB. Otherwise McNulty in defence and Done up front with Beesley and Humphrys off the bench if that’s best for where he stands fitness wise.

Got to get Done’s energy in the team somewhere right now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:36 - Apr 24 with 2949 viewsD_Alien

Can't say i'm interested in any other results until we've beaten Wimbledon on Tuesday

Fail to do so, and the rest is pretty much irrelevant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:37 - Apr 24 with 2938 views442Dale

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:27 - Apr 24 by Nafelad

Knew we were going to be up against it, when I saw that Haynes was the ref. His penalty decision today was poorer than his usual bad standard.

It was a poor decision today but he’s had perfectly good games when reffing us in the past too.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Apr 24 with 2871 viewsNorthernDale

Tuesday is a most win game for us, and BBM must get the team selection and positive attacking tactics spot on.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:42 - Apr 24 with 2863 viewsNafelad

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:37 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

It was a poor decision today but he’s had perfectly good games when reffing us in the past too.

He's definitely a referee who splits opinions!!

Topcat

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:55 - Apr 24 with 2755 viewsMass_Debater

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Apr 24 by NorthernDale

Tuesday is a most win game for us, and BBM must get the team selection and positive attacking tactics spot on.

No sh1t
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:07 - Apr 24 with 2641 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 17:36 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

If both are out and Humphrys starts would actually prefer Keohane in the central three and Done at LWB. Otherwise McNulty in defence and Done up front with Beesley and Humphrys off the bench if that’s best for where he stands fitness wise.

Got to get Done’s energy in the team somewhere right now.

Agree we need to get Done into the team higher up for more energy and pressing. Will be an unpopular opinion possibly but I'd start him instead of Grant and have Rathbone drop back. Other than that keep the team. Dooley is the other obvious option but he's being playing very well with McLaughlin and is a bit stronger. Grant is undoubtedly technically very good but for me he's still not contributing enough yet and would be better used off the bench if we're struggling to break a team down.

Also thought Humphrys appearance was very poor didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Hopefully McShane is alright but if we want to keep this formation and he's not available I'd put McNulty in or Dunne but that'd be a risk. Keohane wasn't working as part of the 3 for the few minutes we tried it today.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:16 - Apr 24 with 2570 viewsJames1980

Gaffers certainly not happy with the ref and not just for the penalty decision.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 2364 viewsfunkkk

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:16 - Apr 24 by James1980

Always think BBM comes across better when he isn’t being interviewed by the Dale Media team.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:09 - Apr 24 with 2291 viewsfinberty

We should never have allowed ourselves to be in the position to rue a poor ref, however poor history has proven him to be. Our failure to close out numerous games, and habit of farting about, is the reason we are in this mess.

Still, if Salford stay down, think of the mug-sale potential for next term. Bottomley in talks with the relevant pottery right now, do you think?
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 2251 viewsnordenblue

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:16 - Apr 24 by James1980

The word "hopeless" may land him in trouble....he doesn't seem like a manager to usually moan about refs so he's obviously pissed off with todays.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Apr 24 with 2238 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 18:57 - Apr 24 by funkkk

Always think BBM comes across better when he isn’t being interviewed by the Dale Media team.

Yes I agree and it is good that he can handle a more challenging interview.
Saxondale mentioned Humphrys, I noticed he tweeted after the win against Accy but not after the win against the Donkey botherers. Probably nothing but I wonder if there are any issues.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 2210 viewsdingdangblue

BBM even mentions the non existent penalty Haines gave to Crewe in the Spotland fixture. Shame we didn't have the same linesman to overturn his ineptitude.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 2164 views49thseason

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Apr 24 by James1980

Yes I agree and it is good that he can handle a more challenging interview.
Saxondale mentioned Humphrys, I noticed he tweeted after the win against Accy but not after the win against the Donkey botherers. Probably nothing but I wonder if there are any issues.

Humphrys is under starters orders for his second L1 relegation in 2 years so I expect he is is more than a bit pissed off. For a lad his age the last 2 seasons have been a disaster. A curtailed season last year and an injury prone season this year are not what you need when you have his talent. If we keep him, he could rip up L2 next season but you would imagine there are other clubs sniffing around who might upset the apple cart.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 2141 viewssurb_dale

It was a poor decision for their pen but don't think we did enough to deserve the three points. Can't remember us creating many chances all game barring swiss army Jimmys header at end of first half. We had plenty of set pieces from decent positions but time and again it was a very poor ball in. Credit to Shaughessy for a nice ball through for Done to finish well.
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 2009 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 19:35 - Apr 24 by 49thseason

Humphrys is under starters orders for his second L1 relegation in 2 years so I expect he is is more than a bit pissed off. For a lad his age the last 2 seasons have been a disaster. A curtailed season last year and an injury prone season this year are not what you need when you have his talent. If we keep him, he could rip up L2 next season but you would imagine there are other clubs sniffing around who might upset the apple cart.

Hopefully he doesn't put in a transfer request. Sadly I think we may need to sell players to make up for the loss in revenue that will come from dropping a league and he is one of our most valuable.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 1990 viewsdingdangblue

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:04 - Apr 24 by James1980

Hopefully he doesn't put in a transfer request. Sadly I think we may need to sell players to make up for the loss in revenue that will come from dropping a league and he is one of our most valuable.

No chance he won't be sold if we go down. He may well be sold regardless - he was only given a 2 year deal so he leaves on a free if he's not sold this summer.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 1950 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:08 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

No chance he won't be sold if we go down. He may well be sold regardless - he was only given a 2 year deal so he leaves on a free if he's not sold this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-humphrys/profil/spieler/354567

Don't know how good this sites valuations are but they value Humps at £225K I know there will be add ons. Could be worth keeping hold of him and gambling on him to help in the return to league 1 which I believe will be worth more than the upfront transfer fee we will get for the lad.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:40 - Apr 24 with 1854 views442Dale

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:17 - Apr 24 by James1980

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-humphrys/profil/spieler/354567

Don't know how good this sites valuations are but they value Humps at £225K I know there will be add ons. Could be worth keeping hold of him and gambling on him to help in the return to league 1 which I believe will be worth more than the upfront transfer fee we will get for the lad.

If we go down, there will be ramifications all over the club and it’s hard to say where we would stand. Right now, until there’s more information about the overall direction of the club, even staying up leaves so many questions unanswered. The make up of next season’s squad could be a lot, lot different depending on a myriad of factors. Humphrys being here is actually one of the more clear cut things: if it makes sense for the club to keep him and he wants to stay he will. If we get an offer that is best for whatever position the club finds itself in come summer and he wants to leave, he goes.

Think footballing reasons will have little impact on whether he’s here this time next year having signed a new contract/about to leave on a free.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Apr 24 with 1715 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 20:40 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

If we go down, there will be ramifications all over the club and it’s hard to say where we would stand. Right now, until there’s more information about the overall direction of the club, even staying up leaves so many questions unanswered. The make up of next season’s squad could be a lot, lot different depending on a myriad of factors. Humphrys being here is actually one of the more clear cut things: if it makes sense for the club to keep him and he wants to stay he will. If we get an offer that is best for whatever position the club finds itself in come summer and he wants to leave, he goes.

Think footballing reasons will have little impact on whether he’s here this time next year having signed a new contract/about to leave on a free.

I think the direction that is trying to be sold to us is.
'With outside investment to fund a training facility. A director of football/sporting director to support BBM and his coaching staff. Additional commercial backroom staff to maximise all revenue streams. To become the best family club in the pyramid.' Ticket pricing especially deals for families will show how serious they are about the whole family club angle.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 22:09 - Apr 24 with 1547 views442Dale

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Apr 24 by James1980

'With outside investment to fund a training facility. A director of football/sporting director to support BBM and his coaching staff. Additional commercial backroom staff to maximise all revenue streams. To become the best family club in the pyramid.' Ticket pricing especially deals for families will show how serious they are about the whole family club angle.

But none of that is certain and we have an EGM/AGM to deal with. With the current issues to be resolved and uncertainty, if we can avoid relegation again next season, whichever division we are in, that’s about as good as it gets right now. Keeping Humphrys will be an indicator of how well things are come next season, but it’s a minor problem at the moment.

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 22:16 - Apr 24 with 1515 viewsTVOS1907

But will that happen, James? Or does some of it need to happen?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 22:41 - Apr 24 with 1438 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 22:16 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

But will that happen, James? Or does some of it need to happen?

I don't know, I'd imagine there are arguments for and against.

That was just my interpretation of some of the messages that have come out of the club.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 23:00]

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 23:14 - Apr 24 with 1356 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hang on, where's the money coming from to fund that pipe dream?

CEO pay cut?.....Don't forget we are skint,and will be skinter in League 2
Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 23:26 - Apr 24 with 1316 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Crewe vs Rochdale on 23:14 - Apr 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hang on, where's the money coming from to fund that pipe dream?

CEO pay cut?.....Don't forget we are skint,and will be skinter in League 2

That's where the outside investment comes in I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024