Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An open letter to Andrew Kelly 09:36 - Jul 3 with 42544 viewsColDale

With all the issues that have taken place this year, Dale fans have never associated yourself with any of that. You can see that with your re-election vote at the AGM where 95% of supporters voted in favour of you. You are not seen in the same light as Bottomley and Rawlinson. Dale supporters know you for what you are — a proper Rochdale bloke who loves both the Club and the town.

Arguably, you’ve been the one constant at the Club in the past twenty years, the one constant through the most successful time in our 114 year history and from my dealings with you, I am well aware of all the work you have done that doesn’t reach the public domain — whether that be your work with the academy, or your work with both Hilly and Flicker throughout that time. This club would not be what it is had you not been involved.

We’re Rochdale, we’ve always been different. We’ve never had an owner in modern history. The likes of Cannon have tried but there’s been a Rochdale way that has seen us shine since the dark days of the 80’s where we almost dropped into non league. That Rochdale way has led to a succession of hard working individuals acting in the best interests of the Club — you as much as any of them — and that has seen us survive and prosper.

We’ve not had the debts of other clubs, we’ve not gone into admin unlike every other EFL club in the area. We’ve had the stadium rebuilt into what it is today, we’ve had the most successful time on the field in our entire history, and we’ve been a benchmark for every other club to follow. That’s come on your watch.

This weekend is the most important weekend in the history of the Club.

By the end of this weekend, we might be in a position where we have a single owner or pair of owners. That fantastic video that the club put out about “This is my club” that got me all emotional might need remaking.

What do we know about them? Practically nothing — one comes from Essex seems to have no trail whatsoever which carries it own set of red flags and the other comes from Worksop with a history in housing developments.

But we are at the stage where they are close to getting the keys to the club.

What else do we know? Well I believe that they’d already shown an interest and you’d knocked it back. They weren’t good enough for the club a few months ago, so why now?

We know we disagreed about MH and whether that was in the best interests of the club, but if MH wasn’t the answer, why are we going with people who were dismissed as tyre kickers previously?

You can understand the others for selling to them. They’ve not got the history you have, despite their claims. They’ve never been here for most of their lives, they’ve never put their own money in year after year. They are not what we would call proper Rochdale people. You are. You’ve always been “What can I do for this club?” rather than “What’s in it for me” and that is why you are so respected within the town/

I implore you not to sell your shares in the Club, and if you do there are alternatives that protect the best interests of the Football Club and give you the legacy that you richly deserve. You’ve done your time and nobody can blame you for wanting to enjoy your retirement. You’ve done far more than any of the rest of us would do, but there’s one thing left to do that will protect the Club you love and have done so much for.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:19 - Jul 4 with 3746 viewsShun

All I’ll ask is that the people ITK, those who heroically saved the club a month ago and those who have contacts they trust, keep the rest of us in the picture. We the fans deserve to know the truth to the fullest of what’s happening to our club. Veiled hints to what’s happening behind the curtains don’t help us, the majority of the fans who are completely in the dark, many of whom are shareholders ourselves.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:20 - Jul 4 with 3732 viewsNewbury_Dale

Where are NORTH YARD ANALYTICS LLC in all of this ? There are people on this forum who followed these guys off a cliff a few months ago. Have they sold their 33000 shares now ?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:21 - Jul 4 with 3703 viewsNafelad

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:19 - Jul 4 by Shun

All I’ll ask is that the people ITK, those who heroically saved the club a month ago and those who have contacts they trust, keep the rest of us in the picture. We the fans deserve to know the truth to the fullest of what’s happening to our club. Veiled hints to what’s happening behind the curtains don’t help us, the majority of the fans who are completely in the dark, many of whom are shareholders ourselves.

Time for a statement from the new Chairman, even?

Topcat

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:23 - Jul 4 with 3659 viewsboromat

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:19 - Jul 4 by Shun

More importantly than keeping us in the know, keep up the fight and if help is needed from the wider fanbase you only need to ask.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:39 - Jul 4 with 3490 viewsJames1980

In that case Mr Altman please remove the comment 'Rochdale Fan' from your linkedin profile immediately.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:45 - Jul 4 with 3401 views49thseason

Poison Pill time. Sell the ground to RMBC for £1 with a 100 year covenant that it will be retained for Football and or Rugby as long as there are professional or amateur clubs requiring use of it.
The new Directors are in charge of Denehurst Park Ltd. They need to hive it and the ground out of Rochdale AFC Ltd.
Equally its time the EFL started to get involved if indeed these same people are involved in the shenanigans going on at Swindon Town as I suspected yesterday.
1. You cant own 2 clubs, 2.These people cannot be accurately described as fit and proper owners if they already own a club
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:45 - Jul 4 with 3400 viewselectricblue

What is the EFL stance on this !

Surely Curran and Rose would have to pass the EFL fit for purpose checks.......

Can the Dale Trust voice their concerns over this to the EFL......

On another note did BBM get wind of this and decided to jump ship.....
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 12:47]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:47 - Jul 4 with 3379 viewsNewbury_Dale

Another reason to rue Dunphys decision to sell to the Americans. They're no better than the latest set of asset strippers.
Login to get fewer ads

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 3317 viewsSuddenLad

I'm still hoping beyond hope that there is time for people to re-think clearly about the implications, but the signs are that it's too late. The agreement to sell, makes the situation hopeless, but until the ink is dry, I suppose the chink of hope still exists.

Of course people will keep fighting. The message from the Swindon fan should act as a stark warning. They are a good current example of how bad things can get when the club falls into the wrong hands.

Having a conscience matters. I urge those still can, to use it. Good God. Where will all this end? Miracles urgently required.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:07 - Jul 4 with 2781 viewsJames1980

To those who have sold their shares. One question, WHY?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:08 - Jul 4 with 2761 viewsboromat

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:07 - Jul 4 by James1980

Money?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 2754 views49thseason

And who, exactly have they sold them to.?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 2754 viewsDaleFan7

Money for some, spite for others.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 2748 viewsD_Alien

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:52 - Jul 4 by SuddenLad

I'm still hoping beyond hope that there is time for people to re-think clearly about the implications, but the signs are that it's too late. The agreement to sell, makes the situation hopeless, but until the ink is dry, I suppose the chink of hope still exists.

Of course people will keep fighting. The message from the Swindon fan should act as a stark warning. They are a good current example of how bad things can get when the club falls into the wrong hands.

Having a conscience matters. I urge those still can, to use it. Good God. Where will all this end? Miracles urgently required.

It's far from being too late

Affirmative action is being taken and there's no reason to think it won't be successful

What must be done as an absolute priority - even before taking on a new manager! - is securing the future of the club from any possible further attempts of the kind we've been witnessing

Those involved in this current fiasco will get their comeuppance

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:16 - Jul 4 with 2680 viewsSuddenLad

It's never too late to keep hoping that his conscience will prick so severely that it becomes a wake-up call. Come on Mr. Kelly, you know you can put this rolling juggernaut into reverse.

Just do it.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:17 - Jul 4 with 2673 viewsShun

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:39 - Jul 4 by James1980

In that case Mr Altman please remove the comment 'Rochdale Fan' from your linkedin profile immediately.

Altman’s sold his shares too? Some posts on this thread have been deleted.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:21 - Jul 4 with 2601 viewsboromat

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:17 - Jul 4 by Shun

Altman’s sold his shares too? Some posts on this thread have been deleted.

Yes seems quite a lot of posts have been deleted, I'm sure for the right reasons.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:57 - Jul 4 with 2399 viewsBoss_Hog

Thank you Andrew!
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:00 - Jul 4 with 2365 viewsThreeLions

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:57 - Jul 4 by Boss_Hog

Thank you Andrew!

Yes thank god. Thank you so much
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:02 - Jul 4 with 2333 viewsSandyman

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 14:57 - Jul 4 by Boss_Hog

Thank you Andrew!

If it is the case Mr Kelly has refused to sell his shares, thank you. A proper custodian.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:08 - Jul 4 with 2214 viewsboromat

Hope this is right.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:13 - Jul 4 with 2122 viewsTomRAFC

If this is true then, as promised, if he's selling then we're buying.

I will happily donate whatever money I can to the trust to help purchase his shares, as many others would.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:15 - Jul 4 with 2409 views1907

Can someone please elaborate
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:23 - Jul 4 with 2271 viewsShun

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:15 - Jul 4 by 1907

Can someone please elaborate

My post a couple of hours ago clearly fell on deaf ears!
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:24 - Jul 4 with 2289 viewsSuddenLad

Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the wee donkey. Supporting this club is like riding the worlds' most tortuous roller-coaster.

Every twist and turn brings a new and unexpected emotion. As long as it arrives safely at the right destination, all's well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024