Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An open letter to Andrew Kelly 09:36 - Jul 3 with 42537 viewsColDale

With all the issues that have taken place this year, Dale fans have never associated yourself with any of that. You can see that with your re-election vote at the AGM where 95% of supporters voted in favour of you. You are not seen in the same light as Bottomley and Rawlinson. Dale supporters know you for what you are — a proper Rochdale bloke who loves both the Club and the town.

Arguably, you’ve been the one constant at the Club in the past twenty years, the one constant through the most successful time in our 114 year history and from my dealings with you, I am well aware of all the work you have done that doesn’t reach the public domain — whether that be your work with the academy, or your work with both Hilly and Flicker throughout that time. This club would not be what it is had you not been involved.

We’re Rochdale, we’ve always been different. We’ve never had an owner in modern history. The likes of Cannon have tried but there’s been a Rochdale way that has seen us shine since the dark days of the 80’s where we almost dropped into non league. That Rochdale way has led to a succession of hard working individuals acting in the best interests of the Club — you as much as any of them — and that has seen us survive and prosper.

We’ve not had the debts of other clubs, we’ve not gone into admin unlike every other EFL club in the area. We’ve had the stadium rebuilt into what it is today, we’ve had the most successful time on the field in our entire history, and we’ve been a benchmark for every other club to follow. That’s come on your watch.

This weekend is the most important weekend in the history of the Club.

By the end of this weekend, we might be in a position where we have a single owner or pair of owners. That fantastic video that the club put out about “This is my club” that got me all emotional might need remaking.

What do we know about them? Practically nothing — one comes from Essex seems to have no trail whatsoever which carries it own set of red flags and the other comes from Worksop with a history in housing developments.

But we are at the stage where they are close to getting the keys to the club.

What else do we know? Well I believe that they’d already shown an interest and you’d knocked it back. They weren’t good enough for the club a few months ago, so why now?

We know we disagreed about MH and whether that was in the best interests of the club, but if MH wasn’t the answer, why are we going with people who were dismissed as tyre kickers previously?

You can understand the others for selling to them. They’ve not got the history you have, despite their claims. They’ve never been here for most of their lives, they’ve never put their own money in year after year. They are not what we would call proper Rochdale people. You are. You’ve always been “What can I do for this club?” rather than “What’s in it for me” and that is why you are so respected within the town/

I implore you not to sell your shares in the Club, and if you do there are alternatives that protect the best interests of the Football Club and give you the legacy that you richly deserve. You’ve done your time and nobody can blame you for wanting to enjoy your retirement. You’ve done far more than any of the rest of us would do, but there’s one thing left to do that will protect the Club you love and have done so much for.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 03:30 - Jul 4 with 3604 viewsBrierls

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 02:59 - Jul 4 by ThreeLions

It's too late Curran and Rose have the necessary amount of shares needed to take over the club. I'm done with it. Whoever sold out to them you are shisters. RIP RAFC

Let’s hope the articles of association hold up and the board can refuse the transfer of shares. Or at least challenge the transfer.

That is the point the fans and existing shareholders make these ‘sold’ shares too hot to handle. It’s all well and good hoovering up shares on the quiet, but let’s see how much these people are willing to stand up to very public scrutiny and challenge.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 06:12 - Jul 4 with 3523 viewsD_Alien

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 03:02 - Jul 4 by Brierls

Is the OP not enough of a ‘trusted source’, or maybe some others ‘pleading’ on this thread? People who were rightfully lauded for their actions in ridding the club of Bottomley and Rawlinson.

The open letter to Andrew Kelly hasn’t been written because there’s nothing else to do on a Saturday morning, it’s been written because there is a very real threat of a controlling stake in our club being purchased by people with no affiliation to Dale. There is a very real threat of Andrew Kelly’s shares being the tipping point of a controlling stake, with other large shareholding’s already having been sold.

Be hard headed or however you want to be, but please don’t tell others how they should act in response to this situation when they are almost certainly more informed than you or I.

I made it perfectly clear i was putting forward an alternative take, so don't get your knickers twisted trying to tell me what to do or how to react

I'll repeat - Kelly could put this to bed one way or the other but has failed to do so. I'm not inclined to plead with people in such circumstances. Others are - simple as that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 06:20 - Jul 4 with 3507 viewsD_Alien

Your points about criminal activity, if suspected, should indeed be followed through - precisely the kind of action that's needed to try to head off this dire threat

Trying to play softball with chancers has helped to bring us to this point - we desperately need to be as ruthless as they are

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:01 - Jul 4 with 3466 viewsTalkingSutty

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 06:20 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

Your points about criminal activity, if suspected, should indeed be followed through - precisely the kind of action that's needed to try to head off this dire threat

Trying to play softball with chancers has helped to bring us to this point - we desperately need to be as ruthless as they are

There has been no soft ball I can assure you of that, only hundreds of hours of tireless work and worry from many individuals who are desperate to save the Club. Sleepless nights composing begging letters and messages etc. Your suggestion that playing soft ball with chancers has helped to bring us to this point is a disgrace to be frank and I say that as somebody who first called out this boardroom nearly 18 months ago on this same forum. As somebody who as spent my working life dealing with con men I can smell them before I even speak to them, others don’t have that advantage and take people how they find them, nobody can be criticised for that.

Bottomley befriended people and compromised them, he is one of the people to blame not the ones who got drawn in by his personality, they want to see the good in people which is a normal way to be. There has been no soft ball, there has been face to face confrontation with those responsible and a rallying of shareholders to get two of the culprits out of the Club at the EGM , that was done in a matter of weeks and took a lot of hard work.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 7:05]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:20 - Jul 4 with 3416 viewsD_Alien

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:01 - Jul 4 by TalkingSutty

There has been no soft ball I can assure you of that, only hundreds of hours of tireless work and worry from many individuals who are desperate to save the Club. Sleepless nights composing begging letters and messages etc. Your suggestion that playing soft ball with chancers has helped to bring us to this point is a disgrace to be frank and I say that as somebody who first called out this boardroom nearly 18 months ago on this same forum. As somebody who as spent my working life dealing with con men I can smell them before I even speak to them, others don’t have that advantage and take people how they find them, nobody can be criticised for that.

Bottomley befriended people and compromised them, he is one of the people to blame not the ones who got drawn in by his personality, they want to see the good in people which is a normal way to be. There has been no soft ball, there has been face to face confrontation with those responsible and a rallying of shareholders to get two of the culprits out of the Club at the EGM , that was done in a matter of weeks and took a lot of hard work.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 7:05]

I'm well aware of the fantastic effort taken to head off the club's proposals at the AGM/EGM, and appreciate it every bit as much as you

There may be some who're still colluding with Bottomley, and until there's greater clarity i'll take lessons from no-one, least of all someone who states they aren't known to Kelly and in the same post they've sat in his living room being offered his shares by him

[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 7:23]

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:50 - Jul 4 with 3342 viewsJames1980

It's too late Curran and Rose have the necessary amount of shares needed to take over the club. I'm done with it. Whoever sold out to them you are shisters. RIP RAFC

Have both AK's sold their holdings to them?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:23 - Jul 4 with 3233 viewsD_Alien

Yes, that clarifes it, thanks

I can understand people lashing out, but its not me you should be having a go at

If the dire deed is done (as Three Lions has suggested), the focus needs to change to what legal action can be taken to disbar those involved from ownership

[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 8:25]

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:27 - Jul 4 with 3208 viewsJames1980

Has money changed hands? How much is being paid per share? Could the takeover be thwarted by being outbid?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 9:00]

Login to get fewer ads

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:50 - Jul 4 with 3117 viewsTalkingSutty

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:23 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

I can understand people lashing out, but its not me you should be having a go at

If the dire deed is done (as Three Lions has suggested), the focus needs to change to what legal action can be taken to disbar those involved from ownership

Fair enough but I haven’t seen any soft ball from anybody. As you know i’ve had my criticisms of the Trust in the past but i’ve been in awe of Col Cavanagh and Murray Knight over the last few months, both have been magnificent and worked tirelessly. Many others also, giving up their time and expertise for one cause. Two rogue Directors and the CEO removed from the Club as a result of rallying and informing shareholders and supporters. A ridiculous motion quashed at the AGM without a vote even taking place. A sale of the club to a fella who didn’t have a pot to p*ss in, stopped with days to spare. A hand in recruiting a new Chairman and Directors in order to safeguard the Club. Literally hundreds of miles covered to gain proxy votes from shareholders. Face to face meetings, meetings every few days and probably hundreds and hundreds of emails and messages. A lot of people have been at this every day for months trying to stop the Directors from selling our club, we’ve just stopped one sale but they are still at it, they don’t love the Club. The work continues.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 3032 viewsD_Alien

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:50 - Jul 4 by TalkingSutty

Fair enough but I haven’t seen any soft ball from anybody. As you know i’ve had my criticisms of the Trust in the past but i’ve been in awe of Col Cavanagh and Murray Knight over the last few months, both have been magnificent and worked tirelessly. Many others also, giving up their time and expertise for one cause. Two rogue Directors and the CEO removed from the Club as a result of rallying and informing shareholders and supporters. A ridiculous motion quashed at the AGM without a vote even taking place. A sale of the club to a fella who didn’t have a pot to p*ss in, stopped with days to spare. A hand in recruiting a new Chairman and Directors in order to safeguard the Club. Literally hundreds of miles covered to gain proxy votes from shareholders. Face to face meetings, meetings every few days and probably hundreds and hundreds of emails and messages. A lot of people have been at this every day for months trying to stop the Directors from selling our club, we’ve just stopped one sale but they are still at it, they don’t love the Club. The work continues.

Yes, i know all about that, thanks

The softball i refer to has been going on since Bottomley took it upon himself to set up a situation where he was allowed virtually unbridled power at the club. That obviously came to an end with the publishing of the club's EGM proposals. Hope that clarifies it for you

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 09:34 - Jul 4 with 2895 viewsNorthernDale

We all suspect that the Buffoon Bottomley is behind this, out of sheer spite. Is he dreaming of returning as CEO, despite clearly being out of his depth and getting the back up of the key component of any business, the customers i.e the fans. He was arrogant and condescending in the way he spoke to the fans and behaved in his role as CEO, is it no surprise that with background that he as not been recruited by big business by now. I am happy with the new board, but if the buffoon and his associates succeed then, my Saturdays will be free, because after forty years, I could no longer support the club we all love, which saddens me.

What worries me that the suggested people behind the takeover are property developers, why would property developers want to own a football club and its ground? If they succeed, then with a few years we could be like Bury FC, with massive debts and out of business. Remember Mr Day, the 'Property Developer' who borrowed money using Bury as an asset to get the loans, it as been suggested by Bury fans that most of the money went to his pockets, rather then the club. I could see any potential new owners looking at the ground in terms of housing development and a quick profit, leaving us with no ground and no future.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:01 - Jul 4 with 2742 views1907

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:23 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

The reasons TS is responding to you is because you have no idea how patronising you come across on this forum.

People are putting their hearts out there in a desperate last stand to save the club & you’re brushing them off.

Try thinking before you post instead of just being awkward.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:21 - Jul 4 with 2604 viewsDaleiLama

Kingmaker or pariah? Follow your conscience if you haven't already done so lad. Do the right thing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:30 - Jul 4 with 2553 views1907

There you go again…
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:05 - Jul 4 with 2400 views49thseason

Three Lions, if as you say the people acquiring shares have enough to control the club, it is incumbent on you to tell us how you know this for a fact.
If it is supposition, you really shouldnt repeat it as a fact as it might encourage others to sell their shares.
If you are a shareholder who has already sold his shares, I must assume you are working with the enemy or have been badly taken in by a con man, which is it?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:27 - Jul 4 with 2250 viewsrochedale

Has AK sold his shares? How do you know?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:27 - Jul 4 with 2247 viewsDaleFan7

If this is indeed the case, when is the most prudent time to start planning for an AFC Rochdale?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:29 - Jul 4 with 2229 viewsThreeLions

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:05 - Jul 4 by 49thseason

Three Lions, if as you say the people acquiring shares have enough to control the club, it is incumbent on you to tell us how you know this for a fact.
If it is supposition, you really shouldnt repeat it as a fact as it might encourage others to sell their shares.
If you are a shareholder who has already sold his shares, I must assume you are working with the enemy or have been badly taken in by a con man, which is it?

I am not part of any takeover of the club I can assure you that. I have only the best interests at heart for the club. You are venting your frustrations at the wrong person try to aim it at the ones who have sold the club down the river. I came across the information very late last night as did many others that have been involved in trying to hold off the takeover. Anyway you carry on venting and get it off your chest, just aim it in the correct direction.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:29 - Jul 4 with 3172 viewsIOMDale

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:27 - Jul 4 by DaleFan7

If this is indeed the case, when is the most prudent time to start planning for an AFC Rochdale?

Straightaway as I for one want nowt more to do with the club in its current guise if the share sale has indeed gone through as suggested.

UTDNFS

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:42 - Jul 4 with 3048 viewsrochedale

To that Curran fella?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:48 - Jul 4 with 2987 viewsSuddenLad

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:42 - Jul 4 by rochedale

To that Curran fella?

Read the last post on page 1 of this thread.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:52 - Jul 4 with 2922 viewsrochedale

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:48 - Jul 4 by SuddenLad

Read the last post on page 1 of this thread.

Got you. So how is this out in the open? How do people know if there’s been no announcement?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly (n/t) on 11:56 - Jul 4 with 3779 viewsSaxonDale

[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 13:14]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 3690 viewsSuddenLad

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:52 - Jul 4 by rochedale

Got you. So how is this out in the open? How do people know if there’s been no announcement?

Because people make phone calls to interested parties to update them on how matters are progressing.

I am sure that there will be the appropriate statements in due course, when the time is right but this is all very new, very recent and I have no doubt that people need to reflect on the situation and try to react accordingly.

I expect they will even look into ways of seeing what options still remain or what avenues can still be explored. Nobody with the club at heart should ever have wanted this to happen.

My hope is that some expert in Company Law can find a clause, sentence or legal reason which may somehow stall the process or even pore over textbooks or Articles of Association to find a loophole.

As it stands, the scenario is very bleak.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 3702 viewsJames1980

TS posted about reporting certain matters to the police how is that coming along? Have the MP and GM Mayor been told about what is taking place?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024