Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An open letter to Andrew Kelly 09:36 - Jul 3 with 42541 viewsColDale

With all the issues that have taken place this year, Dale fans have never associated yourself with any of that. You can see that with your re-election vote at the AGM where 95% of supporters voted in favour of you. You are not seen in the same light as Bottomley and Rawlinson. Dale supporters know you for what you are — a proper Rochdale bloke who loves both the Club and the town.

Arguably, you’ve been the one constant at the Club in the past twenty years, the one constant through the most successful time in our 114 year history and from my dealings with you, I am well aware of all the work you have done that doesn’t reach the public domain — whether that be your work with the academy, or your work with both Hilly and Flicker throughout that time. This club would not be what it is had you not been involved.

We’re Rochdale, we’ve always been different. We’ve never had an owner in modern history. The likes of Cannon have tried but there’s been a Rochdale way that has seen us shine since the dark days of the 80’s where we almost dropped into non league. That Rochdale way has led to a succession of hard working individuals acting in the best interests of the Club — you as much as any of them — and that has seen us survive and prosper.

We’ve not had the debts of other clubs, we’ve not gone into admin unlike every other EFL club in the area. We’ve had the stadium rebuilt into what it is today, we’ve had the most successful time on the field in our entire history, and we’ve been a benchmark for every other club to follow. That’s come on your watch.

This weekend is the most important weekend in the history of the Club.

By the end of this weekend, we might be in a position where we have a single owner or pair of owners. That fantastic video that the club put out about “This is my club” that got me all emotional might need remaking.

What do we know about them? Practically nothing — one comes from Essex seems to have no trail whatsoever which carries it own set of red flags and the other comes from Worksop with a history in housing developments.

But we are at the stage where they are close to getting the keys to the club.

What else do we know? Well I believe that they’d already shown an interest and you’d knocked it back. They weren’t good enough for the club a few months ago, so why now?

We know we disagreed about MH and whether that was in the best interests of the club, but if MH wasn’t the answer, why are we going with people who were dismissed as tyre kickers previously?

You can understand the others for selling to them. They’ve not got the history you have, despite their claims. They’ve never been here for most of their lives, they’ve never put their own money in year after year. They are not what we would call proper Rochdale people. You are. You’ve always been “What can I do for this club?” rather than “What’s in it for me” and that is why you are so respected within the town/

I implore you not to sell your shares in the Club, and if you do there are alternatives that protect the best interests of the Football Club and give you the legacy that you richly deserve. You’ve done your time and nobody can blame you for wanting to enjoy your retirement. You’ve done far more than any of the rest of us would do, but there’s one thing left to do that will protect the Club you love and have done so much for.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:48 - Jul 4 with 4934 viewsdawlishdale

The question that somewhat confuses me is "How did these people get hold of confidential shareholder information "i.e; e-mail addresses; phone numbers etc.

They have clearly already bought a substantial number of shares from a few larger shareholder. ( If Andrew Kilpatrick has sold then he should be ashamed of himself . Talk about a potential Judas !!! It doesn't come close. His poor father would be aghast)

Although I can't as yet prove it, it begins to look like a certain individual (possibly someone in high office at the club either until recently or indeed still there) has made serious breaches of GDPR and given/sold confidential records to an outside party.

People are investigating what has happened as I write, and this will continue in the coming days.

This is a serious potential offence, and will be of interest to the authorities.

Oh; and thank you Andrew Kelly for changing your mind. Have you considered selling to the Trust for what you paid for your shares. If certain other "fans" (Dan and Emre) had bothered to try this route, we wouldn't be in this mess.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 21:07]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:53 - Jul 4 with 4888 viewsIOMDale

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:48 - Jul 4 by dawlishdale

The question that somewhat confuses me is "How did these people get hold of confidential shareholder information "i.e; e-mail addresses; phone numbers etc.

They have clearly already bought a substantial number of shares from a few larger shareholder. ( If Andrew Kilpatrick has sold then he should be ashamed of himself . Talk about a potential Judas !!! It doesn't come close. His poor father would be aghast)

Although I can't as yet prove it, it begins to look like a certain individual (possibly someone in high office at the club either until recently or indeed still there) has made serious breaches of GDPR and given/sold confidential records to an outside party.

People are investigating what has happened as I write, and this will continue in the coming days.

This is a serious potential offence, and will be of interest to the authorities.

Oh; and thank you Andrew Kelly for changing your mind. Have you considered selling to the Trust for what you paid for your shares. If certain other "fans" (Dan and Emre) had bothered to try this route, we wouldn't be in this mess.

We seem to be saying this a little too much for comfort of late but it seems the club has been saved at the last - relieved doesn’t come close to describing how I feel.

It could be that DB and GR (amongst others) end up facing criminal charges. That really would be the icing on the cake.

UTDNFS

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:01 - Jul 4 with 4802 viewskel

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:48 - Jul 4 by dawlishdale

Somebody is certainly ‘at it’ when it comes to sharing confidential information. I genuinely think they’re too thick to realise how traceable these things are. Some of them might be able to talk their way out of it on some things but when hard evidence is provided they’re going to be a bit fooked.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:14 - Jul 4 with 4660 viewsDaleiLama

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:01 - Jul 4 by kel

Somebody is certainly ‘at it’ when it comes to sharing confidential information. I genuinely think they’re too thick to realise how traceable these things are. Some of them might be able to talk their way out of it on some things but when hard evidence is provided they’re going to be a bit fooked.

If you have the murder weapon with finger prints on it stashed away, a pint of creme de menthe on me next time I'm in town!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:26 - Jul 4 with 4545 viewsnordenblue

There's been a name mentioned on social media that's currently still "employed" at the club rather than an "ex" employee, do we think this could well be the case, regarding various contact details being leaked?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:27 - Jul 4 with 4526 views1907

Surely there must be a viewer or poster on this board who is in the police or has a family member who is?

If so, please could you bring a former CEO to the attention of GMP & see what can be done about him.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:28 - Jul 4 with 4518 viewskel

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:26 - Jul 4 by nordenblue

There's been a name mentioned on social media that's currently still "employed" at the club rather than an "ex" employee, do we think this could well be the case, regarding various contact details being leaked?

Not seen that mate, sorry. Too busy boarding up my windows for when Terry arrives
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:40 - Jul 4 with 4379 viewsnordenblue

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:28 - Jul 4 by kel

Not seen that mate, sorry. Too busy boarding up my windows for when Terry arrives

No worries, that could make sense too, I'd be more inclined to think its a former employee rather than current..
Who's bloody Terry?
Login to get fewer ads

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:40 - Jul 4 with 4378 viewsBrierls

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:26 - Jul 4 by nordenblue

I’d be surprised if they knew who the shareholders are!

*Sorry

(Edit: I’m only jesting with that btw, I’d be very surprised if leaked information came from somebody currently ‘employed’ by the club)
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 21:59]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:51 - Jul 4 with 4273 viewskel

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:40 - Jul 4 by nordenblue

No worries, that could make sense too, I'd be more inclined to think its a former employee rather than current..
Who's bloody Terry?

PM
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:58 - Jul 4 with 4189 viewsTVOS1907

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 21:51 - Jul 4 by kel

PM

Isn't that Boris?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 23:45 - Jul 4 with 3775 viewsDiddyDave

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:44 - Jul 4 by Brierls

I’m not sure how share purchases of volume work, whether there’s a cooling off period of sorts where money sits in an account before being released, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some (if not all) of these deals fall through if Andrew Kelly has decided not to sell his shares.

If I was aiming to gain a majority shareholding in a club I have no attachment or affiliation to, so I could do as I wish without challenge, my worst case scenario would be ending up with less than 50% of shares.

What do you think Mr Curran?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:58]

Hi Andrew, can I buy a hundred quids worth of shares off you mate? Anybody else wanna put their hands up, I haven`t got any idea how to go about doing this sort of thing, but I`d do anything just to keep Cockney/Yankee/Whoever w*nkers from taking over my football club.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 23:55 - Jul 4 with 3743 viewsJames1980

Mr Kelly,
I have some shares in a blue chip public transport company I will transfer into your name in exchange for some of your Rochdale shares that I will donate to club to return to treasury or the trust whichever is deemed more appropriate.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 00:22 - Jul 5 with 3707 viewsmikehunt

I can spare a grand for some of Mr Kelly’s shares if it helps( but please don’t tell the missus).
Someone just let me know how to go about things if and when you need the money. Ta.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:29]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 00:27 - Jul 5 with 3690 viewsSandyman

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:44 - Jul 4 by Brierls

I’m not sure how share purchases of volume work, whether there’s a cooling off period of sorts where money sits in an account before being released, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some (if not all) of these deals fall through if Andrew Kelly has decided not to sell his shares.

If I was aiming to gain a majority shareholding in a club I have no attachment or affiliation to, so I could do as I wish without challenge, my worst case scenario would be ending up with less than 50% of shares.

What do you think Mr Curran?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:58]

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Brierls, but I think his name is Andrew Curran not Cullen. For some reason, one of the tiresome meddlers thinks Andrew Curran doesn't like his name being posted on t'internet. Can't imagine why. Owning a football club invites a high profile.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:32]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 01:43 - Jul 5 with 3625 viewsBrierls

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 00:27 - Jul 5 by Sandyman

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Brierls, but I think his name is Andrew Curran not Cullen. For some reason, one of the tiresome meddlers thinks Andrew Curran doesn't like his name being posted on t'internet. Can't imagine why. Owning a football club invites a high profile.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:32]

You are correct! Now edited. I went to school with an Andrew Cullen!

There is very little info to be found via Google on Andrew Curran (or Darrell Rose). That’s not by chance, it’s deliberate. It takes time and effort, which is why there are companies that offer this service.

I know what you are thinking, it seems strange that somebody would go to those lengths if they didn’t have something to hide, right? I mean, it wouldn’t necessarily need to be bad things that were hidden. Playing devils advocate, what if there’s info out there that allows people to put together a picture of how successful somebody is or give clues as to their credibility as an ‘investor’. What if information out there showed somebody who’s doing OK but not £750K worth of investment ‘OK’. It would raise questions about where the money is coming from and whether there are other unreported ‘extra curricular’ sources of income.

Or they could just be immensely private people. Stranger things have happened.

It’s not something I’d want incredibly protective, skilled, connected, tribal fans of a football club to be focussing on, that’s for sure. ‘Mandy’ really has raised the levels of suspicion.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 1:52]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:43 - Jul 5 with 3370 viewsTalkingSutty

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 01:43 - Jul 5 by Brierls

You are correct! Now edited. I went to school with an Andrew Cullen!

There is very little info to be found via Google on Andrew Curran (or Darrell Rose). That’s not by chance, it’s deliberate. It takes time and effort, which is why there are companies that offer this service.

I know what you are thinking, it seems strange that somebody would go to those lengths if they didn’t have something to hide, right? I mean, it wouldn’t necessarily need to be bad things that were hidden. Playing devils advocate, what if there’s info out there that allows people to put together a picture of how successful somebody is or give clues as to their credibility as an ‘investor’. What if information out there showed somebody who’s doing OK but not £750K worth of investment ‘OK’. It would raise questions about where the money is coming from and whether there are other unreported ‘extra curricular’ sources of income.

Or they could just be immensely private people. Stranger things have happened.

It’s not something I’d want incredibly protective, skilled, connected, tribal fans of a football club to be focussing on, that’s for sure. ‘Mandy’ really has raised the levels of suspicion.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 1:52]

Good post Brierls. This is the Andrew Curran who arrived for meetings at Spotland accompanied by his minder, now why would you travel around with a minder, that’s not normal is it? No doubt details will have been obtained on the night, plenty of people on that car park with phone cameras👍. I know Greater Manchester Police have details of people who entered the building on the evening of the Swindon game because it was requested by the police sergeant who attended and checked for COVID breaches, due to the numbers in attendance. Andrew Curran, the man with the nasty looking minder, a tough nut. Why would he want to be involved with such a wonderful family Club...a club based hundreds of miles away from his home address in London. Time for the utmost vigilance, especially from our Chairman and new Directors. This fella needs the spotlight shining on him big time, he’s picked on the wrong club unfortunately for him because plenty of people will fight for the Club, that’s what fans do.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:34]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:26 - Jul 5 with 3223 viewsPeaky

Wow, just wow.

Keep up the amazing work everyone and please know that us fans who are not available in the country to help are 110% are behind you.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:31 - Jul 5 with 3188 viewsDalenet

I know people have generously offered to buy Andrews shares to avoid the wrong people getting them. How many shares does Andrew Kelly own now and if it were £6 per share, how much are they worth.

The new Board want to raise fresh capital by issuing shares to the fans. Lets say they want to raise £1m. Add any thought that fans acquire Andrews shares (if he wants to sell) that would be an enormous sum for fans to invest in the club given how small the fan base is. We all want the club to remain independent for generations to come if possible, but will people really be prepared to invest several thousand pounds each knowing they will never get a return on it? I want to believe it, but history suggests not. Tell me I have got that wrong
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 8:33]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:47 - Jul 5 with 3121 viewselectricblue

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:31 - Jul 5 by Dalenet

I know people have generously offered to buy Andrews shares to avoid the wrong people getting them. How many shares does Andrew Kelly own now and if it were £6 per share, how much are they worth.

The new Board want to raise fresh capital by issuing shares to the fans. Lets say they want to raise £1m. Add any thought that fans acquire Andrews shares (if he wants to sell) that would be an enormous sum for fans to invest in the club given how small the fan base is. We all want the club to remain independent for generations to come if possible, but will people really be prepared to invest several thousand pounds each knowing they will never get a return on it? I want to believe it, but history suggests not. Tell me I have got that wrong

I think i would rather have RMBC buy those shares from kelly and kirkpatrick and then let Dale buy them back over 10yrs.

As its been mentioned many times that the club requires a cash injection by selling unissued shares to existing shareholders and supporters and that is what we supporters need to do...

Are there enough of us to raise £400/600k !

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 2972 viewsDaleiLama

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 08:31 - Jul 5 by Dalenet

There's already one offer of £1k. I can do that too. As mentioned earlier, there is an option to donate to the Trust. When I joined I put an extra £20 in at that point in case a war chest be needed. This donation service could be a route to that as previously proposed. The Trust must also have cash in hand. Cloughies bequathal must have funds. I know it wasn't intended for this purpose but if the executors see fit, it could be used temporarily with a view to repaying it over time to be used for the purposes Cloughie intended? I'm sure the last thing he'd want to see is a hostile takeover. If funds are needed please can anyone itk at the heart of this make it known (by way of pinned thread) and let the collecting begin.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 9:20]

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:04 - Jul 5 with 2780 viewselectricblue

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 09:19 - Jul 5 by DaleiLama

There's already one offer of £1k. I can do that too. As mentioned earlier, there is an option to donate to the Trust. When I joined I put an extra £20 in at that point in case a war chest be needed. This donation service could be a route to that as previously proposed. The Trust must also have cash in hand. Cloughies bequathal must have funds. I know it wasn't intended for this purpose but if the executors see fit, it could be used temporarily with a view to repaying it over time to be used for the purposes Cloughie intended? I'm sure the last thing he'd want to see is a hostile takeover. If funds are needed please can anyone itk at the heart of this make it known (by way of pinned thread) and let the collecting begin.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 9:20]

As its all up in the air at present about a possible take over the collection idea will have to wait for the time being.....

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:20 - Jul 5 with 2679 viewsDaleiLama

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:04 - Jul 5 by electricblue

As its all up in the air at present about a possible take over the collection idea will have to wait for the time being.....

I was referring to funds needed to buy Andrew Kelly's shares to protect them. Last I saw he ad 58250 and if the price of £3/share is the offer on the table then the best part of £175k would be needed to match that offer and safeguard them. Everyone knows it's up in the air but whoever is talking to him will no doubt be in a stronger position knowing he as proof of funds.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 2587 viewsTomRAFC

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 07:43 - Jul 5 by TalkingSutty

Good post Brierls. This is the Andrew Curran who arrived for meetings at Spotland accompanied by his minder, now why would you travel around with a minder, that’s not normal is it? No doubt details will have been obtained on the night, plenty of people on that car park with phone cameras👍. I know Greater Manchester Police have details of people who entered the building on the evening of the Swindon game because it was requested by the police sergeant who attended and checked for COVID breaches, due to the numbers in attendance. Andrew Curran, the man with the nasty looking minder, a tough nut. Why would he want to be involved with such a wonderful family Club...a club based hundreds of miles away from his home address in London. Time for the utmost vigilance, especially from our Chairman and new Directors. This fella needs the spotlight shining on him big time, he’s picked on the wrong club unfortunately for him because plenty of people will fight for the Club, that’s what fans do.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:34]

I'm going to try and phrase this post very carefully, first time for everything.

We all present a moderated version of ourselves in public before opening up further.

Let's say Curran and Rose don't have a majority shareholding, can't renege on their own deals, and are now in a money pit. Fellows who are off the grid and walking around with a minder in public, what might they do to "convince" people to sell to them. An offer they can't refuse? And in what format?

Hopefully folks as shifty as these will have ways and means of slithering out of the deal. I'm sure they are reading. Save your cash, loveys... Assuming it's yours.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 11:44]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 11:36 - Jul 5 with 2284 viewselectricblue

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 10:20 - Jul 5 by DaleiLama

I was referring to funds needed to buy Andrew Kelly's shares to protect them. Last I saw he ad 58250 and if the price of £3/share is the offer on the table then the best part of £175k would be needed to match that offer and safeguard them. Everyone knows it's up in the air but whoever is talking to him will no doubt be in a stronger position knowing he as proof of funds.

Cheers for the figures.

Is £175k even feasible to to raise from the supporters...

I really hope so,

In essence apart from the supporters putting into the share raising pot how else do Dale raise the monies needed......

I think media and social media presence is required to get it out there as they say....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024