Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH POSTPONED 14:03 - Feb 5 with 7352 viewsSuddenLad

After pitch inspection.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:05 - Feb 5 with 4507 viewsgriff

TINPOT (8)
MATCH POSTPONED on 14:11 - Feb 5 with 4435 viewsNigeriamark

FFS!!!
MATCH POSTPONED on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 4367 viewsShun

Out of interest when was the last time we had a game postponed because of our pitch? It seems like a good few years.
MATCH POSTPONED on 14:23 - Feb 5 with 4313 viewsCleedale

So, all that money, what £500k, has had little bearing on drainage. Know some might add how much rain there's been but surely these sorts of postponement should have been eradicated by now?
MATCH POSTPONED on 14:28 - Feb 5 with 4227 viewsTVOS1907

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:17 - Feb 5 by Shun

Out of interest when was the last time we had a game postponed because of our pitch? It seems like a good few years.

Tranmere, 15/2/20

It cost them their place in League One, don't you know.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:33 - Feb 5 with 4173 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:28 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Tranmere, 15/2/20

It cost them their place in League One, don't you know.

If a game is so much in doubt, it should be called off before fans set off. But of course fans are the last to be considered.
MATCH POSTPONED on 14:51 - Feb 5 with 4008 viewsdingdangblue

Didn't realise there had been that much rain? I rushed from work this morning and didn't even check to be honest - just pulled up to park and thought there wasn't much traffic! Really surprised with the amount of money we've spent on drainage.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:58 - Feb 5 with 3928 viewsDorkingDale

Another bloody re-arranged match we could well do without......
Login to get fewer ads

MATCH POSTPONED on 15:01 - Feb 5 with 3892 viewsDorkingDale

MATCH POSTPONED on 14:58 - Feb 5 by DorkingDale

Another bloody re-arranged match we could well do without......

....but on the positive side, there will be plenty of money for the fund from all those pints of Dale Ale sold in The Cem this afternoon.
MATCH POSTPONED on 15:27 - Feb 5 with 3701 viewsboromat

Sounds like it was playable this morning.

It happens. Even with a £400k pitch (Organised by Bottomley ).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

MATCH POSTPONED on 15:34 - Feb 5 with 3649 viewsfermin

First game back in almost two years and it's called off. Long journey back home. Can only repeat what others have said - I thought we had fixed the drains on the pitch.
MATCH POSTPONED on 16:41 - Feb 5 with 3354 viewsDaleiLama

MATCH POSTPONED on 15:34 - Feb 5 by fermin

First game back in almost two years and it's called off. Long journey back home. Can only repeat what others have said - I thought we had fixed the drains on the pitch.

Commiserations. I got lucky and pulled into Tesco's car park 2 turns away from joining the M67. Typical of BBC RADIO BOLTON they mentioned a 2nd pitch inspection @ Dale then mentioned only 2 L2 local games still being on before continuing the onanistic diatribe about the objects of their desire - Citeh and Notlob.

Fortunately, you can choose to zone out unwanted noise on Twitter where I found out we were off. Following on from Bottomleys hard work with the replacement pitch, did this hard work extend to any guarantees or "servicing?"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

MATCH POSTPONED on 16:50 - Feb 5 with 3296 viewsJames1980

Could it be the drains were replaced but could not cope with the volume of rain in the amount of time?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

MATCH POSTPONED on 16:57 - Feb 5 with 3270 viewsTVOS1907

MATCH POSTPONED on 16:50 - Feb 5 by James1980

Could it be the drains were replaced but could not cope with the volume of rain in the amount of time?

If they were as good as claimed, James, they should be able to cope, as we will have a lot heavier rain for a more persistent length of time than we've seen today.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 16:57]

MATCH POSTPONED on 17:07 - Feb 5 with 3211 viewsDalenet

There wasn't much grass on the pitch last Sunday. Has it been cut too short and so there is little scope to soak up the rain?

Pee'd off like other exiles that will have travelled.
MATCH POSTPONED on 17:30 - Feb 5 with 3113 viewsDaleiLama

MATCH POSTPONED on 17:07 - Feb 5 by Dalenet

There wasn't much grass on the pitch last Sunday. Has it been cut too short and so there is little scope to soak up the rain?

Pee'd off like other exiles that will have travelled.

Not an expert on pitch maintenance, but could it be that the poorer drainage is a result of there being less worms at Spotland these days?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

MATCH POSTPONED on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 3021 views49thseason

MATCH POSTPONED on 16:50 - Feb 5 by James1980

Everyone underestimates rainfall in Rochdale, its the wettest town of more than 50,000 population in the UK.
MATCH POSTPONED on 18:30 - Feb 5 with 2895 views442Dale

No excuses. Does the pitch, after all the investment, cope with rain or not?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

MATCH POSTPONED on 18:54 - Feb 5 with 2810 viewsgolfaduffy

MATCH POSTPONED on 18:30 - Feb 5 by 442Dale

No excuses. Does the pitch, after all the investment, cope with rain or not?

I'm no expert and as peed off has everyone else but it looks like the drains are not working properly under the pitch surface.

I'm sure that there will be a recourse with the contractor who put them in a year or so back.

I'd expect a statement from the club on Monday, and would hope they reduce the entrance charges for the rearranged day, specially for Carlisle fans and exile Dale fans.
MATCH POSTPONED on 19:16 - Feb 5 with 2712 viewsJames1980

MATCH POSTPONED on 16:57 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

If they were as good as claimed, James, they should be able to cope, as we will have a lot heavier rain for a more persistent length of time than we've seen today.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 16:57]

I'm still learning maestro and always will be 😀

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 2684 viewsR17ALE

One fooking game of rugby, and so it starts again!

But there were guarantees put in place by the pitch installers last year. The incredibly hard working chap boasted about it to me.

I'd be reading the small print.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:33 - Feb 5 with 2625 viewsD_Alien

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:19 - Feb 5 by R17ALE

One fooking game of rugby, and so it starts again!

But there were guarantees put in place by the pitch installers last year. The incredibly hard working chap boasted about it to me.

I'd be reading the small print.

Tbf, i don't think the rugby game affected the pitch

The comments made about it being threadbare were about the overall state of it, even before the Hornets game was played. It was like something you'd see in early May after a dry spring and a full season of football played on it!

You're bang on about the small print though. Those beneath the playing surface weren't the biggest drains at the club!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:45 - Feb 5 with 2569 viewsTVOS1907

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:16 - Feb 5 by James1980

I'm still learning maestro and always will be 😀

At least your posts are useful sometimes, James.

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:48 - Feb 5 with 2558 viewsJames1980

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:33 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Tbf, i don't think the rugby game affected the pitch

The comments made about it being threadbare were about the overall state of it, even before the Hornets game was played. It was like something you'd see in early May after a dry spring and a full season of football played on it!

You're bang on about the small print though. Those beneath the playing surface weren't the biggest drains at the club!

Just trying to recall did the work in progress pics show the drains being laid and connected to the municipal drainage system

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:52 - Feb 5 with 2532 viewsD_Alien

MATCH POSTPONED on 19:48 - Feb 5 by James1980

Just trying to recall did the work in progress pics show the drains being laid and connected to the municipal drainage system

I expect the drains are connected to the municipal drainage system in the same way as the turnstile scanner machines are connected to the internet...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024