Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! 10:40 - Feb 9 with 15695 viewsNotLoyal

I would like to extend my thanks to everyone for all the cards, presents and whoever it was who sent me a picture of their false teeth inserted in to their anus. It's a privilege to know you.

MATCH DETAILS
Where: Swansea.com Stadium
When: Sunday, February 13th (1pm)
Competition: Sky Bet Championship
Referee: Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Assistant Referee: Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Joshua Smith

No match day sales.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57011/practice-makes-per

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57021

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57024/what-problems-can-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55264/first-liam-walsh-n

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57040/swans-and-robins-f

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Ben Cabango, Finley Burns, Ryan Manning; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere.

Bristol City: Max O'Leary, Jay Dasilva, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann (captain), Cameron Pring, Antoine Semenyo, Tomas Kalas, Timm Klose, Zak Vyner, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Dan Bentley, Joe Williams, Nahki Wells, Robbie Cundy, Duncan Idehen, Tommy Conway, Ayman Benarous.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 16:57 - Feb 13 with 1245 viewsvetchonian

Couldn't attend today,watch via a screen of listen so no comments from me except to say well done on the win..let's hope since experial learning kicks in and we get a few more wins...onwards and upwards

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:00 - Feb 13 with 1238 viewsgrabsplatter

Deserved win after an unconvincing first half.
I don't see Fisher as an improvement on Hamer, very similar other than Fisher being 10 years younger.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:13 - Feb 13 with 1191 viewsOptimisticJack

Thought it showed great character today coming back from being 1 down at half time.
A good win after the abysmal performance in Stoke
Positive news with Obafemi and Piroe getting on the score sheet.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 1105 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The match sumed up our season. Too ponderous in first half too slow passing sideways and backwards and giving the ball way for all Bristol's chances.

Second half far more urgency getting the ball forward and wide Quickly with out first two goals coming from quick crosses.

It only we could play with urgency for 90 minutes and stop giving the ball away.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:34 - Feb 13 by felixstowe_jack

The match sumed up our season. Too ponderous in first half too slow passing sideways and backwards and giving the ball way for all Bristol's chances.

Second half far more urgency getting the ball forward and wide Quickly with out first two goals coming from quick crosses.

It only we could play with urgency for 90 minutes and stop giving the ball away.

Yep. This is is why us Martin haters get cross.
We have enough talent to be far higher placed.
We simply offer gifts..

No need.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 1068 viewsdonkonky

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 16:26 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Fisher is mostly a spectator.
As had a purchase as we ve had for a while.
We have simply dumped Hamer for this .

Russy fans…is he any better than Hamer. Why buy him. Why not concentrate and secure players in positions we really do need .

To be fair he’s only had two full games, maybe give him a chance before totally writing him off.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:47 - Feb 13 with 1052 views3swan

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:43 - Feb 13 by donkonky

To be fair he’s only had two full games, maybe give him a chance before totally writing him off.

Not inspired, but as you say it's only a couple of games with an unsettled defence in front of him
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:47 - Feb 13 with 1051 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 16:33 - Feb 13 by EagleEye

Hamer 1.93m, Fisher 1.89m so he’s not really that small.
Agree Hamer is more commanding in the air & has proven a pretty good shot stopper. Fisher is definitely more comfortable with ball at his feet & passing.

We could have waited to the summer to buy a keeper & spent the January transfer budget on O’Riley or the Brighton player

He gives the impression of being small then, by his lack of physical presence especially in the air.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:52 - Feb 13 with 1042 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:36 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

We simply offer gifts..

No need.

Why would you hate a football manager, dislike yes but hate, you really need to keep your powder more dry.

No need

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 1038 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 15:16 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Again.

We gifted them a goal and still played some suicidal stuff

Fortunately,we got more direct.Amazing what shooting does for you.

Piroe is a goal scorer and needs to be looked after.

Really pleased for him.

'We gifted them a goal and still played some suicidal stuff'.

You're right ohl. And just about everything they did was down to our mistakes not good play from them.

Having said that, despite the 'suicidal stuff' the Swans were much better than them and thoroughly deserved to win the game.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:00 - Feb 13 with 1007 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 16:33 - Feb 13 by EagleEye

Hamer 1.93m, Fisher 1.89m so he’s not really that small.
Agree Hamer is more commanding in the air & has proven a pretty good shot stopper. Fisher is definitely more comfortable with ball at his feet & passing.

We could have waited to the summer to buy a keeper & spent the January transfer budget on O’Riley or the Brighton player

I agree on waiting till summer for a keeper, Fisher seems a lot smaller in stature compared to Hamer, he looks physically much weaker as well.

I was expecting more from Wolf as well, I was expecting him to start bossing the ball and his game, he didn't look that quick today either etc,

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 1004 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea won 3-1 and done the double on an alleged rival. For tonight I’ll settle for that.
Cooper couldn’t get it right. Martin has.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:02 - Feb 13 with 1000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:47 - Feb 13 by max936

He gives the impression of being small then, by his lack of physical presence especially in the air.

It’s crazy really.we don’t have the defenders with the footballing ability to play this passing around the box game - so the manager blows 400k on a keeper who may be better than Homer with his feet but ignore the real need which was for an O’Reilly type midfield player.

Grimes just gets in Downes’ way

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:05 - Feb 13 with 979 viewsdantheswansman

So many world class managers on this forum, why you waste your time on here and are not winning trophy after trophy is beyond me /s
I only come on here for the comedy now
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:07 - Feb 13 with 965 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 16:20 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

And then in the second half we improved by becoming more direct.
Now if you want to carry on having a go at me ,get it right .

Read what is written.
You agree ,fine,yiu don’t that’s fine too.

Got that,son.

I thought we played well first half as well.

Go on show some support of the club say something positive you may enjoy it son

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 951 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:05 - Feb 13 by dantheswansman

So many world class managers on this forum, why you waste your time on here and are not winning trophy after trophy is beyond me /s

Hang around you might get an encore.
Quality managers are found on every forum.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:15 - Feb 13 with 917 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:09 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

Hang around you might get an encore.
Quality managers are found on every forum.

Just opinions, means sweet FA in reality, its what a forum is for isn't it??

I enjoyed us 2nd half we settled down once we equalised and to score 3 goals is a massive boost for the players, manager and fans.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 887 viewsReslovenSwan1

Playing it out from the back is not rocket science. They practice it all week. Brendan and Martinez did hit with DeVries Taylor Monk Williams Tate and Rangel all mid twenties. Martinez and Brendan two years later with the same players. Practice and time all that is required. Youth teams in Europe perfect it at 15-16 years .

No wonder Martin is bigging up Cabango. He will be in place for a while and home grown. Poster boy of the much feted academy. Out with Hamer, Bennett, Smith. Too old. Find the right players and stick with them for 2 or 3 seasons. They need to be smart and solid like Monk was. Fisher /Benda, Ogbeta, Naughton, Cabango, Cooper/Burns Christie for the next 100 matches. I was sorry that Martin did not take on Benda as a long term project. Rated by Margetson England GK coach.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:29 - Feb 13 with 860 views73__73

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:23 - Feb 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Playing it out from the back is not rocket science. They practice it all week. Brendan and Martinez did hit with DeVries Taylor Monk Williams Tate and Rangel all mid twenties. Martinez and Brendan two years later with the same players. Practice and time all that is required. Youth teams in Europe perfect it at 15-16 years .

No wonder Martin is bigging up Cabango. He will be in place for a while and home grown. Poster boy of the much feted academy. Out with Hamer, Bennett, Smith. Too old. Find the right players and stick with them for 2 or 3 seasons. They need to be smart and solid like Monk was. Fisher /Benda, Ogbeta, Naughton, Cabango, Cooper/Burns Christie for the next 100 matches. I was sorry that Martin did not take on Benda as a long term project. Rated by Margetson England GK coach.

I agree with what you say, the tactics are fine, maybe it’ll take a bit more time to bring in the suitable players to play that particular style of football.
Overall I’m more than satisfied with RM.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:37 - Feb 13 with 828 viewsshingle

It is a win so great, but were Bristol up to much, so lets not get to excited, now if we go on and do well against the likes of Sheff Utd and Bournemouth now that will be a different matter, it`s a big if mind you.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:38 - Feb 13 with 814 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:07 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

I thought we played well first half as well.

Go on show some support of the club say something positive you may enjoy it son

Hang on? What about all our mistakes that fortunately only cost us one goal?

What about the uninspiring snails pace football?

Nooo, the first half wasn't good, we lost it to a distinctly average team and I did hear boos at the whistle.

The second half, that WAS good. it's not a bad thing to be honest mind, we are allowed to pint out when we think something wasn't good. As long as we are balanced about it, it's all good.

Disclaimer, it is quite possible that events at home can cloud your opinion. I came on here in a pretty foul mood the other day and was far more negative than normal. teenage kids eh, always a joy! I've had a bit of a time with him today, he gets more pocket money than all his friends but seems to think he deserves more

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:39 - Feb 13 with 807 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:37 - Feb 13 by shingle

It is a win so great, but were Bristol up to much, so lets not get to excited, now if we go on and do well against the likes of Sheff Utd and Bournemouth now that will be a different matter, it`s a big if mind you.

And Fulham 😉

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:40 - Feb 13 with 807 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 17:36 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

We simply offer gifts..

No need.

Yes, we have a good side. We just end up giving games away by losing the ball in our own half so often. If we cut out the passing it out even when under pressure then we will start winning some games
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:43 - Feb 13 with 776 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:05 - Feb 13 by dantheswansman

That`s an original one, you best start up a petition to get rid of football forums or even ban fans from joining them unless they are world class managers.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 18:44 - Feb 13 with 767 viewsjasper_T

I still don't like the system. Beating the worst teams in the division with it proves little about its effectiveness. Puts so much pressure on the worst footballers in the team (defenders and goalkeeper) and we're incredibly open to counters when we turn it over, with four of our back five standing deep in opposition territory. Not blessed with recovery pace, any of them.

If we're waiting for better players to make it click against top half sides we'll be disappointed. This is the Championship and we're operating on a budget. Wolf is an £8m player who looks lost where he's playing.

Burns did alright, looks just like Rhys Williams. Tallish, very right-footed, traditional centre half. Not as strong as he will be when he's all grown up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024