Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread 19:38 - Apr 17 with 23058 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My first match fred. 3-1 Rangers.

Les and Penrice up front!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:04 - Apr 18 with 3115 viewsHoopstar

Signed for Udinese on a free I believe unfortunately
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:13 - Apr 18 with 3015 viewsbenhurst

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:04 - Apr 18 by Hoopstar

Signed for Udinese on a free I believe unfortunately

That's Ebosele isn't it?
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:40 - Apr 18 with 2771 viewsPaddyhoops

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 17:08 - Apr 18 by LimehouseR

Radio 5 Live pundits having an absolute w**kfest over Derby.
"Most gracious relegation there's ever been"
"Give credit to Wayne Rooney for sticking around"
etc etc

Give it a rest ffs

I did notice a "F** k the EFL" banner at Derby end.
The fact the Morris has Spunked millions, cheated at the expense of other clubs doesn't come in to the equation at all in thier minds.
Some people really are deluded.
Sky as I speak are purring over Thier Amazing fans.
Hats off to those who travelled but they couldn't even fill the away end.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 with 2722 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back and as usual amazed by some comments on this thread, that Amos didn't bother tracking back - I wonder how much the TV creen obscures because anyone at the game would tell you he is perpetual motion, and a really good performance form him. Also, Dozzell getting some stick, but I thought he had a really decent game - he passes forward, he doesn't hide, he never looks for the easy option. he's going to be a real player for us, but some fans never have any patience (we only need to go back to the 'Willock' is too lightweight' comments after one sub appearance to realise that). Bossed the first half, should've been ahead before the oldsters came on to slow us down, but then (deservedly) got the win. Amos's goals to minutes ratio must be well up there in this squad. Six in probably half a season's worth of games.

Bare bones.

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:52 - Apr 18 with 2664 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

Just back and as usual amazed by some comments on this thread, that Amos didn't bother tracking back - I wonder how much the TV creen obscures because anyone at the game would tell you he is perpetual motion, and a really good performance form him. Also, Dozzell getting some stick, but I thought he had a really decent game - he passes forward, he doesn't hide, he never looks for the easy option. he's going to be a real player for us, but some fans never have any patience (we only need to go back to the 'Willock' is too lightweight' comments after one sub appearance to realise that). Bossed the first half, should've been ahead before the oldsters came on to slow us down, but then (deservedly) got the win. Amos's goals to minutes ratio must be well up there in this squad. Six in probably half a season's worth of games.

Quite why he dropped Amos for Hendrick becomes more mystifying as the season goes on. The player most likely to score, and even managed one in each half today. Can't believe we are still in with a shout after that run.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:52 - Apr 18 with 2682 viewskensalriser

Amos's goals per 90 are 0.4, bettered only by Gray at 0.6.

Starting to think he will be a key player for us next season. Has a habit of getting forward quickly and taking up good positions...hence the goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:54 - Apr 18 with 2656 viewsHantsR

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 17:32 - Apr 18 by Lblock

For the second time in a decade a late, late, LATE winner means we are playing at a level higher than Derby next season.

I'll take that........and party

Dunne MOTM on both occasions!?
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:00 - Apr 18 with 2614 viewsLogman

Dunne was great today. But credit to Warburton and the management team for picking possibly our best footballing starting XI's and sticking to principles. Just a shame we couldn't have played with such gay abandon during our lean spell.
Login to get fewer ads

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:10 - Apr 18 with 2553 viewsloftboy

Just need Peterborough to win their last 3 and Reading to lose theirs for the perfect relegation scenario for this season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:20 - Apr 18 with 2463 viewsNed_Kennedys

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

Dozzell was great in the first half but faded in the second.
Thought Amos was rather anonymous and would’ve taken him off instead of Thomas (who had a good game) but then he scored a great goal 😊
Dykes had one of his better games, Dunne and Sanderson won a lot of headers and blocked a lot of shots and deserved their clean sheet.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:49 - Apr 18 with 2268 viewsBoston

The anti Rangers rhetoric from the Beeb continues, it was Reading put Derby down

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:52 - Apr 18 with 2231 viewsDamo1962

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 17:03 - Apr 18 by numptydumpty

You the sort of fan we not need.

Ten seconds previous Warburton hasnt a clue and we need a whole new set of players. Its a clean sheet and a win !!!!

And I don't need your permission to post what I want, or which football team I should I should support...you self- righteous bore. Use the ignore button ... and jog on.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 20:35]
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 20:02 - Apr 18 with 2182 viewsDamo1962

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:10 - Apr 18 by loftboy

Just need Peterborough to win their last 3 and Reading to lose theirs for the perfect relegation scenario for this season.

Got to give a bit of credit to Reading, who I thought were gonners when we beat them? Posh leaving it too late probably, but it will be a close finish. Rather Reading stay up...than our bogey team Peterborough. Oh and Wycombe are back in the play- off places - it would be poetic justice if they replaced Derby.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 20:24 - Apr 18 with 2072 viewsjoe90

Just to add regarding Amos, half his goals have been match winning. Worth a mention.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 20:49 - Apr 18 with 1964 viewsE17hoop

For those that want to use this over the next few days

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 20:59 - Apr 18 with 1914 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super game today, much better all round, whole team put a stint in. Stand outs for me, Amos, Chair, Field and Thomas. Chair man of the match. George Thomas starting to make a difference.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 21:53 - Apr 18 with 1721 viewszizoustainrod

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:52 - Apr 18 by Damo1962

And I don't need your permission to post what I want, or which football team I should I should support...you self- righteous bore. Use the ignore button ... and jog on.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 20:35]

Probably should take your own advice
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 22:03 - Apr 18 with 1676 viewsManinBlack

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 19:49 - Apr 18 by Boston

The anti Rangers rhetoric from the Beeb continues, it was Reading put Derby down

I suppose they are right technically. When we scored Reading were still losing so Derby were not down. Once Reading scored in the fifth minute of stoppage time to level it, Derby were down.

We do like scoring late goals against Derby, something we used to inflict on Luton.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 22:38 - Apr 18 with 1567 viewsessextaxiboy

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 17:18 - Apr 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Dunne was magnificent and my MON for certain.
Amos scored a beautiful winner but he was not great today IMO. Lost possession a few times and did not kill himself getting back to recover .
Sam McCallum had an off day and Dozzell just bad .
Chair is back to the player he was great vision and desire today .
Sending Derby down after their owner destroyed the club is cruel but it was coming .
We have picked up 4 points in 3 days the needle is moving up thankfully

I can't fathom your Amos comment . I thought he was magnificent . We must have been at different games
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 23:02 - Apr 18 with 1491 viewsNortholt_Rs

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 20:49 - Apr 18 by E17hoop

For those that want to use this over the next few days

Cooking fat?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 23:04 - Apr 18 with 1484 viewsParkRoyalR

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 22:38 - Apr 18 by essextaxiboy

I can't fathom your Amos comment . I thought he was magnificent . We must have been at different games

I was likewise frustrated with Amos today, a good athlete for sure but I want to see more in the tackle, challenging for more headers and taking the ball on the half turn rather than continually playing back to Sanderson, however, being the 1st player I can recall this year running past Dykes to get on the end of one of his flick-on's and for having the energy to get up the pitch and poise to score the winner, I'll stand gladly corrected.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 07:19 - Apr 19 with 1298 viewsthemodfather

the team defended well, derbya are not a relegation team, points deducted did for them, we defended well as a unit, worked back and took our chance in a ZAMORA like late winner, so sweet. rooney is a millionaire, he can walk away . do derby now sell the squad, cash in and rebuild from youth and bargains? or keep the bulk and romp league one next season?
for us, the what ifs are gonna eat away but it has been an entertaining season, some high spots and a bit more to come.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 1134 viewsdmm

I see Warburton said we won 'ugly' yesterday. I didn't think we played particularly unattractive football.

We've certainly played better but it wasn't, to coin the phrase, one of Ollie's 'not the best looking bird' games was it?
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 1132 viewsjoe90

Very intense game yesterday and sobering reminder of what could have been for us.

I've found the media narrative of the Derby saga insufferable and it's nurtured the ridiculous victim mentality the fans have. Ever since the play-off's we've been painted as the bad guys and then a supporting act in the football drama that only involves certain 'proper' clubs.

But for all the trite words written by sports journalists and deluded conspiracy theories from WRDC's fans, we witnessed the reality - years of hard work, making long term choices, showing faith in players who otherwise wouldn't get a look in. Amos, scoring the winning goal, still looking up the table, doing it the right way. It's everything Derby aren't and not the narrative the media want. We're not 'big', 'proper', don't have 'history', so don't deserve anything. But that's not how football actually works...

We showed the spirit and determination to pick ourselves up after a dip in form. We've still got an eye on the play-offs, even if it's unlikely, we're still going for it. We've spent the majority of the season in the top 6 and that was no accident.

I don't care if I sound smug (If I can't big up QPR on here where can I?) I'm proud of the team and really enjoyed yesterday's win.
The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 10:20 - Apr 19 with 1014 viewsderbyhoop

The still haven't made it back from 'Uddersfield - Derby match thread on 07:19 - Apr 19 by themodfather

the team defended well, derbya are not a relegation team, points deducted did for them, we defended well as a unit, worked back and took our chance in a ZAMORA like late winner, so sweet. rooney is a millionaire, he can walk away . do derby now sell the squad, cash in and rebuild from youth and bargains? or keep the bulk and romp league one next season?
for us, the what ifs are gonna eat away but it has been an entertaining season, some high spots and a bit more to come.

Derby will only have 5 players for next season. Unless they can resign, under EFL terms, their out of contract players. Rooney says he will stay on. Major rebuilding job and they could end up being docked 15 points for next season unless they pay their creditors.

WRDC have done amazingly well considering the deductions. A good crop of youngsters playing without fear. How many can we nick?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024