Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dooley goes. 18:03 - Jun 14 with 7682 viewsboromat

Surprised me that one! Can only come down to the offer maybe we only offered one year.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 18:04]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dooley goes. on 18:11 - Jun 14 with 4970 viewsSaxonDale

Wasn’t a huge fan of his if being honest- especially in a midfield 2. His cameo against Charlton still gives a shiver to the spine!

Having said that he always gave his all and I think he’s done well (and the right thing) to agree a 2 year contract with another league club. All the best, Dooley!
Dooley goes. on 18:33 - Jun 14 with 4816 viewsSuddenLad

Not unduly worried by losing Dooley. He was a bit short on quality when it mattered, despite his work rate on occasions. He has some good games in a Dale shirt, but not enough.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dooley goes. on 18:40 - Jun 14 with 4770 viewsTomRAFC

Could knit play together and got a lot of flack. Not a bad player but way too trigger shy and could be replaced by someone with more capacity for goals or better defensive skills. Large amount of players needed through the door now.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dooley goes. on 18:49 - Jun 14 with 4732 viewstony_roch975

Dooley goes. on 18:40 - Jun 14 by TomRAFC

Could knit play together and got a lot of flack. Not a bad player but way too trigger shy and could be replaced by someone with more capacity for goals or better defensive skills. Large amount of players needed through the door now.

Always rated Dooley so disappointed he's gone. I spoke with Stephen at the Awards Evening and the barrage of criticism on here clearly upset him so not surprisingly he's chosen to go elsewhere - let's hope it's not another example of 'be careful what you wish for'.

ps - nice to see the usual standard of BBC sports journalism - their website has a picture of McNulty on the Dooley transfer story

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dooley goes. on 18:50 - Jun 14 with 4726 viewsisitme

Thanks and good luck.

Not really someone who I am too bothered about leaving. I was surprised he got offered a new deal in the first place. I suspect we will start to see news on deals soon.
Dooley goes. on 19:13 - Jun 14 with 4621 viewsjonahwhereru

He was a committed professional while he was here, so pleased he has got a deal he is happy with.

Question: now that both Done and Dooley have gone who are those that like to identify “wage thief’s” and vocalise theirs views going to turn to now. To be honest I think it’s a closed book, Andy White will be their main man for thieving accusations next season.
Dooley goes. on 19:22 - Jun 14 with 4581 viewsLaveritty

Dooley goes. on 18:49 - Jun 14 by tony_roch975

Always rated Dooley so disappointed he's gone. I spoke with Stephen at the Awards Evening and the barrage of criticism on here clearly upset him so not surprisingly he's chosen to go elsewhere - let's hope it's not another example of 'be careful what you wish for'.

ps - nice to see the usual standard of BBC sports journalism - their website has a picture of McNulty on the Dooley transfer story

...was just about to post the same...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61804992

Nice to see the BBC as accurate as ever when reporting on Rochdale!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Dooley goes. on 19:30 - Jun 14 with 4495 views442Dale

Dooley goes. on 19:13 - Jun 14 by jonahwhereru

He was a committed professional while he was here, so pleased he has got a deal he is happy with.

Question: now that both Done and Dooley have gone who are those that like to identify “wage thief’s” and vocalise theirs views going to turn to now. To be honest I think it’s a closed book, Andy White will be their main man for thieving accusations next season.

Those who chose to use comments similar to that about players who always put a shift in should be thoroughly ashamed. They are fully aware as well, but haven’t even in the past been bothered enough to return to a thread when pulled up on it. It certainly wasn’t a barrage of criticism, even if some of it was completely OTT and uneducated about the game.

Dooley was a player that split opinion and whilst he was never brilliant, there were times when he illustrated that he was integral to our play when we were doing ok/well. However, him leaving frees up a space in midfield and with him, Kelly and Brierley it was probably one too many of that type of player. We now have the opportunity to bring in someone a bit different who can offer that defensive protection we all get bored of talking about. It’s a wonder Peter Cavanagh doesn’t copyright his name.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 19:32]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Dooley goes. on 19:57 - Jun 14 with 4366 viewsJames1980

Be interested to know if Harrogate offered him a much better deal. He sees the move as a new challenge. Or if there is another reason we weren't able to secure his signature.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dooley goes. on 20:27 - Jun 14 with 4237 viewsTVOS1907

Dooley goes. on 19:57 - Jun 14 by James1980

Be interested to know if Harrogate offered him a much better deal. He sees the move as a new challenge. Or if there is another reason we weren't able to secure his signature.

As already opined, James, it could be the length of contract.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dooley goes. on 20:40 - Jun 14 with 4178 viewsfirgrovedale51

Much better player when brought into the middle
Dooley goes. on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 3993 viewsNewbury_Dale

Realistically, we were never going to get out of L2 with Dooley in the team regularly IMO. On that basis, I think best for everyone that he takes the security of a 2 year deal.
Dooley goes. on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 3901 viewsJames1980

Dooley goes. on 20:27 - Jun 14 by TVOS1907

As already opined, James, it could be the length of contract.

This is most probably true. I'm concerned that if we couldn't seal Dooley's signature, and if we were after him the bloke from Aberdeen preferred to go and play for Mr Angry at Stevenage who else will we miss out on.

Dooley goes. on 22:08 - Jun 14 with 3875 viewsTVOS1907

Dooley goes. on 22:01 - Jun 14 by James1980

This is most probably true. I'm concerned that if we couldn't seal Dooley's signature, and if we were after him the bloke from Aberdeen preferred to go and play for Mr Angry at Stevenage who else will we miss out on.

It was only speculation about the bloke from Aberdeen.

I wonder if he's related to the man from Del Monte?

Dooley goes. on 22:15 - Jun 14 with 3843 viewsD_Alien

Dooley goes. on 22:01 - Jun 14 by James1980

Why would Stockdale want to "seal" Dooley's signature?

I don't recall much enthusiasm from you during his time here; perhaps Stockdale agrees with you?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dooley goes. on 22:18 - Jun 14 with 3830 viewsJames1980

Dooley goes. on 22:15 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

I don't recall much enthusiasm from you during his time here; perhaps Stockdale agrees with you?

Tbf I don't think I have been enthusiastic about anything or anyone in my life. It is a curse of mine 😕

Dooley goes. on 22:21 - Jun 14 with 3815 viewsD_Alien

Dooley goes. on 22:18 - Jun 14 by James1980

Tbf I don't think I have been enthusiastic about anything or anyone in my life. It is a curse of mine 😕

I beg to differ

Your support from deepest Sussex, regularly travelling to the COA plus away grounds suggest you're a Dale "enthusiast"

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 22:21]

Dooley goes. on 22:24 - Jun 14 with 3785 viewsTVOS1907

Dooley goes. on 22:18 - Jun 14 by James1980

Trains?

Dooley goes. on 22:28 - Jun 14 with 3771 viewsJames1980

Dooley goes. on 22:21 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

I beg to differ

Your support from deepest Sussex, regularly travelling to the COA plus away grounds suggest you're a Dale "enthusiast"

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 22:21]

Thank you 😀

Dooley goes. on 22:33 - Jun 14 with 3748 viewsD_Alien

Dooley goes. on 22:24 - Jun 14 by TVOS1907

Trains?

His baton?

Dooley goes. on 22:51 - Jun 14 with 3695 viewsJames1980

Dooley goes. on 22:24 - Jun 14 by TVOS1907

Trains?

Nah not really I work with them but not an enthusiast. Probably be more enthusiastic about the old lines that Beeching closed than the trains. Anyway I digress.
Hopefully we will get Robbie's preferred players.

Dooley goes. on 23:00 - Jun 14 with 3654 viewsEllDale

I agree that the lure of a two year deal at his age was attractive.
Another consideration may have been that, with the likes of Ball, Brierley and Kelly at the club and perhaps even the possibility of another midfielder arriving, he suspected that his game time may have been limited next season.
To my mind though it doesn’t augur too well for Harrogate if he is one of their marquee signings.
I’d like to think Dooley for his efforts. A neat and tidy footballer but one who at the same time typified BBM ball. Always hungry for the ball but wasn’t the type to “put his foot in” or shoot on sight.
Good luck for the future.
It shows the turnover of players of the last couple of years that Swiss Army Jimmy may be the last survivor of a once large Irish contingent at Spotland come the start of the new season.
Dooley goes. on 11:11 - Jun 15 with 3171 viewselectricblue

Dooley goes. on 23:00 - Jun 14 by EllDale

I agree that the lure of a two year deal at his age was attractive.
Another consideration may have been that, with the likes of Ball, Brierley and Kelly at the club and perhaps even the possibility of another midfielder arriving, he suspected that his game time may have been limited next season.
To my mind though it doesn’t augur too well for Harrogate if he is one of their marquee signings.
I’d like to think Dooley for his efforts. A neat and tidy footballer but one who at the same time typified BBM ball. Always hungry for the ball but wasn’t the type to “put his foot in” or shoot on sight.
Good luck for the future.
It shows the turnover of players of the last couple of years that Swiss Army Jimmy may be the last survivor of a once large Irish contingent at Spotland come the start of the new season.

Could that midfielder be Broadbent!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dooley goes. on 12:19 - Jun 15 with 3070 viewsAtThePeake

Dooley goes. on 22:15 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

Well... he did offer him a contract!

Bang average footballer. I think he's just had his best season for us, unsurprisingly in a lower division and he put in a few 7/10 performances in which he didn't give the ball away very often, which is valuable - but is it enough? Particularly in a two-man midfield?

He never used his obvious dribbling ability to beat players enough, offered no real goal or assist threat (interestingly, I checked the highlights on the five assists that Soccerbase had credited him for last season and found that one of them was actually by Clark, one was by Newby and another one was by Ball!), he rarely played progressive passes through the lines and was never a ball-winner or even the kind of player that was able to hold a sitting position to protect the defence. An instantly forgettable player.

Tangled up in blue.

Dooley goes. on 12:29 - Jun 15 with 3030 viewsD_Alien

Dooley goes. on 12:19 - Jun 15 by AtThePeake

Well... he did offer him a contract!

Bang average footballer. I think he's just had his best season for us, unsurprisingly in a lower division and he put in a few 7/10 performances in which he didn't give the ball away very often, which is valuable - but is it enough? Particularly in a two-man midfield?

He never used his obvious dribbling ability to beat players enough, offered no real goal or assist threat (interestingly, I checked the highlights on the five assists that Soccerbase had credited him for last season and found that one of them was actually by Clark, one was by Newby and another one was by Ball!), he rarely played progressive passes through the lines and was never a ball-winner or even the kind of player that was able to hold a sitting position to protect the defence. An instantly forgettable player.

Precisely!

If he'd been keen to retain his services, i'm pretty sure RS would've had the wherewithal to package the offer accordingly but Dooley would've seen the writing on the dressing room wall, as it were. The introduction and impact of Brierley would've been significant but RS would've needed cover for a youngster who perhaps wouldn't be playing every game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024