Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Quigley 18:00 - Sep 1 with 5721 viewsDaleVisconti236

92 Bible reporting that we've signed Scott Quigley from Stockport
Scott Quigley on 18:02 - Sep 1 with 5694 viewsDaleVisconti236

Update: Club website reporting that he's signed on loa
Scott Quigley on 18:05 - Sep 1 with 5640 viewsrichfoad32

I'd be happy with that, has looked a handful on the few occasions I've seen him on BT Sport. Certainly more of a target man than we have at the moment. Whether this means Campbell and Charman are out for the foreseeable or Bentley just doesn't fancy them, time will tell I guess.
Scott Quigley on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 5609 viewsBrierls

Scott Quigley on 18:05 - Sep 1 by richfoad32

I'd be happy with that, has looked a handful on the few occasions I've seen him on BT Sport. Certainly more of a target man than we have at the moment. Whether this means Campbell and Charman are out for the foreseeable or Bentley just doesn't fancy them, time will tell I guess.

I'll never turn my nose up at a big striker who is mobile and weighs in with goals!
Scott Quigley on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 5616 viewsIgnatius_Sancho

Charman out on loan and Tulloch loan annulled if the Twitterati are to be believed.
Scott Quigley on 18:11 - Sep 1 with 5555 viewsrichfoad32

Scott Quigley on 18:07 - Sep 1 by Ignatius_Sancho

Charman out on loan and Tulloch loan annulled if the Twitterati are to be believed.

Feel a bit sorry for Charman if that's case, I thought he was starting to look the part at the back end of last season but he never seems to have had a proper crack at it for one reason or another.

Not to say that it's the end for him at Dale of course.
Scott Quigley on 18:17 - Sep 1 with 5449 views49thseason

Scott Quigley on 18:07 - Sep 1 by Ignatius_Sancho

Cant see Charman going out on loan if he is injured. If he is fit, I would rather have him in the squad. Unless, of course, he has upset the new management team already.
Scott Quigley on 18:18 - Sep 1 with 5445 viewsMoonyDale

Scott Quigley on 18:17 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

Cant see Charman going out on loan if he is injured. If he is fit, I would rather have him in the squad. Unless, of course, he has upset the new management team already.

I agree, looked to be growing into his game back end of the season, thought he was injured so a loan seems unlikely...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Scott Quigley on 18:20 - Sep 1 with 5408 viewsD_Alien

Scott Quigley on 18:11 - Sep 1 by richfoad32

Feel a bit sorry for Charman if that's case, I thought he was starting to look the part at the back end of last season but he never seems to have had a proper crack at it for one reason or another.

Not to say that it's the end for him at Dale of course.

I hope not. If he is loaned out (and as 49th has pointed out, he's not meant to be fit yet) it would depend where he goes to, e.g. more than one league below us would be a clear sign he's not in Bentley's plans

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Quigley on 18:53 - Sep 1 with 5168 views49thseason

Scott Quigley on 18:20 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

I hope not. If he is loaned out (and as 49th has pointed out, he's not meant to be fit yet) it would depend where he goes to, e.g. more than one league below us would be a clear sign he's not in Bentley's plans

A moment of consideration leads me to think that Bentley realised he needed a bigger lad up front and that Henderson will only play coming off the bench decided another striker was required if he wants to play 433 leaving us with 5 to choose 3 from. Hobsons choice at the moment with the Charman and Campbell injuries hence a newcomer maybe loan to perm at the end of the season or maybe the January window if he performs and we are off the bottom. Tulloch will probably become an alternative from the bench much as Grant was for much of his time at Dale.
Scott Quigley on 19:28 - Sep 1 with 4953 viewsdale1968

Nice compilation here...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Scott Quigley on 19:33 - Sep 1 with 4890 views442Dale

Scott Quigley on 19:28 - Sep 1 by dale1968

Nice compilation here...

Only had a quick watch, looks to play in a similar way to Charman.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scott Quigley on 19:37 - Sep 1 with 4840 viewsNorthernDale

Did Stockdale say that Tulloch can operate in midfield and that is how, I feel he has been used so far.

I can understand the argument about Hendo, but did someone not post that Bentley seem to favour the 4-3-1-2 system, which would allow Hendo to operate between the midfield and the forwards. In that he has the experience to operate in this role and support either two out of Sinclair, Rodney or Quigley up front.
Scott Quigley on 19:50 - Sep 1 with 4738 viewsTVOS1907

Scott Quigley on 18:53 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

A moment of consideration leads me to think that Bentley realised he needed a bigger lad up front and that Henderson will only play coming off the bench decided another striker was required if he wants to play 433 leaving us with 5 to choose 3 from. Hobsons choice at the moment with the Charman and Campbell injuries hence a newcomer maybe loan to perm at the end of the season or maybe the January window if he performs and we are off the bottom. Tulloch will probably become an alternative from the bench much as Grant was for much of his time at Dale.

Which Grant?

Bobby Grant? He made two appearances from the bench in his two spells with Dale.

Or Conor Grant? 41 starts and 17 as a sub.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 19:55]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scott Quigley on 19:59 - Sep 1 with 4669 viewsJames1980

Scott Quigley on 19:37 - Sep 1 by NorthernDale

Did Stockdale say that Tulloch can operate in midfield and that is how, I feel he has been used so far.

I can understand the argument about Hendo, but did someone not post that Bentley seem to favour the 4-3-1-2 system, which would allow Hendo to operate between the midfield and the forwards. In that he has the experience to operate in this role and support either two out of Sinclair, Rodney or Quigley up front.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jim-bentley/profil/trainer/15236

Apparently 4 2 3 1 has been his preferred formation. A tad late in the day but I'm guessing we would need more defensive midfield cover unless EBJ feels some of the current squad could be utilised in the 2.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scott Quigley on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 4437 viewspioneer

A bit of potential trivia……If (when) Quigley makes his first league appearance Ithink he will be the first player with a surname beginning with Q to play a league game for Dale. leaving just X and Z left without any league appearances.

Charles Quinn did appear in a Manchester Cup game in 1925 never to be seen again.
Scott Quigley on 20:59 - Sep 1 with 4266 viewsTVOS1907

Scott Quigley on 20:40 - Sep 1 by pioneer

A bit of potential trivia……If (when) Quigley makes his first league appearance Ithink he will be the first player with a surname beginning with Q to play a league game for Dale. leaving just X and Z left without any league appearances.

Charles Quinn did appear in a Manchester Cup game in 1925 never to be seen again.

Great trivia.

There have been players with those letters in their name, though:

Ian McQueen
William Mocquet

Robert Sanchez
Colin Vizard
Gavin Bazunu
Josh Brizzell
Zach Clough
Tomasz Cywka
Miguel De Souza
Isidro Diaz
Juwon Hamzat
Jim Hazzleton
Zac Hughes
Tommy Jaszczun
Petr Kurucz
Don MacKenzie
Eui Martinez
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Reuben Noble-Lazarus

Scott Quigley on 21:33 - Sep 1 with 4041 viewspioneer

Scott Quigley on 20:59 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Great trivia.

There have been players with those letters in their name, though:

Ian McQueen
William Mocquet

Robert Sanchez
Colin Vizard
Gavin Bazunu
Josh Brizzell
Zach Clough
Tomasz Cywka
Miguel De Souza
Isidro Diaz
Juwon Hamzat
Jim Hazzleton
Zac Hughes
Tommy Jaszczun
Petr Kurucz
Don MacKenzie
Eui Martinez
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Reuben Noble-Lazarus

And DiddyDave reminds me about Peter Phoenix.
Scott Quigley on 22:00 - Sep 1 with 3856 viewspioneer

Scott Quigley on 21:33 - Sep 1 by pioneer

And DiddyDave reminds me about Peter Phoenix.

Of course there were two Phoenixes (plural of phoenix anyone?)

Ron and Peter.
Scott Quigley on 22:11 - Sep 1 with 3783 viewsD_Alien

Scott Quigley on 22:00 - Sep 1 by pioneer

Of course there were two Phoenixes (plural of phoenix anyone?)

Ron and Peter.

They were the Phoenices (according to Google)

Anyone know if the lights are still on at the COA?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scott Quigley on 22:22 - Sep 1 with 3704 viewsEllDale

If we’ve got the Scott Quigley who played at Barrow then this is a really exciting signing.
My work colleagues who support Halifax describe him as “decent”.
Scott Quigley on 22:26 - Sep 1 with 3685 viewsEllDale

Forget to add that I think that he played upfront alongside Devante Rodney at the Shay in 2019.
Scott Quigley on 22:46 - Sep 1 with 3589 viewsTVOS1907

Scott Quigley on 22:22 - Sep 1 by EllDale

If we’ve got the Scott Quigley who played at Barrow then this is a really exciting signing.
My work colleagues who support Halifax describe him as “decent”.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/september/scottquigleyjoinsonloan/

Scott Quigley on 08:34 - Sep 2 with 3058 views1949er

Mendez Laing???

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024