Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones 13:19 - Nov 7 with 14797 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/november/nathan-jones-southampton/

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:26 - Nov 7 with 2018 viewsButty101

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:19 - Nov 7 by 1885_SFC

Jones is well known for working with young players & bringing them through to first team appearances.

He's also used to working with very, VERY tight budgets.

No wonder he was (probably) the first name on the board's manager recruitment sheet.

Other than sacking the manager, What have Bournemouth, Villa, Wolves, Chelsea and Brighton got in common?

Answer They didnt want some mediocre championship manager.... Had we gone for the QPR manager i would have been quite excited about that. I would probably at a push accept Dean Smith. But Jesus ....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:27 - Nov 7 with 2009 viewsdwayne_dibley

Shopping at Aldi again

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:27 - Nov 7 with 2006 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:03 - Nov 7 by grumpy

Have a look at Marcelo Gallardo credentials as a player and manager of River Plate.

Hmm, fair point they're not great. One league title in 8 seasons despite being one of the league's biggest clubs.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:28 - Nov 7 with 2003 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:27 - Nov 7 by dwayne_dibley

Shopping at Aldi again

Food bank?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:33 - Nov 7 with 1982 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:24 - Nov 7 by inthebox

You can see why he's on their radar, Luton are playing good footy at the moment defending solidly keeping their shape and their forwards are taking their chances.

They can't create many chances then as they've only scored 22 goals in 20 games. That's not much better than Saints' 12 in 14.

Their games don't seem to have many highlights:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63382072
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:36 - Nov 7 with 1974 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

No idea who this guy is, but on the surface it looks like a "WTF?" moment. They better have someone decent lined up ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:37 - Nov 7 with 1967 viewsUlsterBaz

It’s a massive gamble by the club if they appoint him, his time at Stoke didn’t go too well.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:45 - Nov 7 with 1939 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:27 - Nov 7 by saints__fan__73

Hmm, fair point they're not great. One league title in 8 seasons despite being one of the league's biggest clubs.

River Plate
Argentine Primera División: 2021
Copa Argentina: 2015—16, 2016—17, 2018—19
Supercopa Argentina: 2017, 2019
Trofeo de Campeones de la Liga Profesional: 2021
Copa Libertadores: 2015, 2018
Copa Sudamericana: 2014
Recopa Sudamericana: 2015, 2016, 2019
Suruga Bank Championship: 2015
Individual

South American Coach of the Year: 2018, 2019, 2020
Login to get fewer ads

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 1893 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:37 - Nov 7 by UlsterBaz

It’s a massive gamble by the club if they appoint him, his time at Stoke didn’t go too well.

Didn't go well! That's an understatement. In his 38 games there, his win percentage was just 15.8%. That makes even Pellegrino's 23.53% here look good

They had to replace him to avoid being relegated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Stoke_City_F.C._season

[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 17:08]

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:07 - Nov 7 with 1843 viewscocklebreath

My excitement of seeing the back of Ralph had been tempered by this news, It’s gonna be solid defensive football, hoping for 0-0’s. Seriously disappointing

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 1850 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:45 - Nov 7 by grumpy

River Plate
Argentine Primera División: 2021
Copa Argentina: 2015—16, 2016—17, 2018—19
Supercopa Argentina: 2017, 2019
Trofeo de Campeones de la Liga Profesional: 2021
Copa Libertadores: 2015, 2018
Copa Sudamericana: 2014
Recopa Sudamericana: 2015, 2016, 2019
Suruga Bank Championship: 2015
Individual

South American Coach of the Year: 2018, 2019, 2020

Yes, indeed Grumps. I get your point. One League title in 8 years despite being at one of Argentina's biggest clubs in a league akin to the SPL. He's not all that.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:10 - Nov 7 with 1845 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:57 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

Didn't go well! That's an understatement. In his 38 games there, his win percentage was just 15.8%. That makes even Pellegrino's 23.53% here look good

They had to replace him to avoid being relegated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Stoke_City_F.C._season

[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 17:08]

What is the club thinking,Dirk?
The potential here is enormous ,we've been in the Premiership now for over 12 years.
We shouldn't in this position.
I had a season ticket for the first 4 seasons but couldn't continue due to work commitments.
I even have a brick in the wall(no laughing)
I really feel for those loyal season ticket holders.
Will always be a Saints supporter but I just find the way the club has been run now as very sad.
The way Saints fans are pushed about now in their own ground is disgraceful.
Perhaps we need to crash through the divisions to find our identity again.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:18 - Nov 7 with 1802 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:08 - Nov 7 by saints__fan__73

Yes, indeed Grumps. I get your point. One League title in 8 years despite being at one of Argentina's biggest clubs in a league akin to the SPL. He's not all that.

He won 14 trophies at River Plate and you say' hes not all that'........
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:24 - Nov 7 with 1774 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:10 - Nov 7 by grumpy

What is the club thinking,Dirk?
The potential here is enormous ,we've been in the Premiership now for over 12 years.
We shouldn't in this position.
I had a season ticket for the first 4 seasons but couldn't continue due to work commitments.
I even have a brick in the wall(no laughing)
I really feel for those loyal season ticket holders.
Will always be a Saints supporter but I just find the way the club has been run now as very sad.
The way Saints fans are pushed about now in their own ground is disgraceful.
Perhaps we need to crash through the divisions to find our identity again.

73 may have it spot on. They looked to see what the club with the smallest budget in the Championship was which was likely to avoid relegation this season and thought, he'll do. But, I'm hoping that he's just being used as a decoy so that we'll be relieved when they appoint the new manager and it's not him.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:26 - Nov 7 with 1767 viewsSouthamptonfan

I agree Ralph had to go. But don't be surprised if the replacement is a disappointment. We my have a manager bounce and the rest but the PL won't change. Adams will still miss and we will still let in goals against world class strikers.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:42 - Nov 7 with 1710 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:24 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

73 may have it spot on. They looked to see what the club with the smallest budget in the Championship was which was likely to avoid relegation this season and thought, he'll do. But, I'm hoping that he's just being used as a decoy so that we'll be relieved when they appoint the new manager and it's not him.

Am I going nuts I thought 73 was talking about Marcelo Gallardo's record.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:07 - Nov 7 with 1643 viewsGRIM

If it is Nathan Jones then I'll be very surprised.
Alright we're not exactly in a position to attract a big name manager but I'm sure we could get someone with Premier Lge experience either as a player or a manager.
I don't know enough about NJ to say he's not a good manager I just think we could be more ambitious.
But the club policy is to buy cheap & develop players, it looks like they are applying the same principle to Managers.
But it's not official yet, perhaps the club have an ace up their sleeve.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:14 - Nov 7 with 1617 views1885_SFC

My choice would have been Matthias Jaissle. Zero chance of that happening now by the look of it.

Old School is Cool

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:18 - Nov 7 with 1607 viewskentsouthampton

Jones is a done deal according to the Guardian.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:20 - Nov 7 with 1597 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:18 - Nov 7 by kentsouthampton

Jones is a done deal according to the Guardian.

Well that's us done then.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:25 - Nov 7 with 1579 viewsSouthamptonfan

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:20 - Nov 7 by grumpy

He needs to be given a chance and who knows he might just fit. But likelihood is that nothing will f@xking change. All those wanting Ralph out, I get it but I bet long term nothing changes. The top 8 will still be the top 8 and Saints will still try to do things on the cheap. The bigger problem is higher up than Ralph. The fans just can't see it.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:29 - Nov 7 with 1560 views1885_SFC

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:20 - Nov 7 by grumpy

Could have been worse. At least it isn't Gerrard.

Old School is Cool

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:29 - Nov 7 with 1556 viewscocklebreath

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:25 - Nov 7 by Southamptonfan

He needs to be given a chance and who knows he might just fit. But likelihood is that nothing will f@xking change. All those wanting Ralph out, I get it but I bet long term nothing changes. The top 8 will still be the top 8 and Saints will still try to do things on the cheap. The bigger problem is higher up than Ralph. The fans just can't see it.

I think a lot of fans can see it but Ralph was part of the problem, higher up the pathetic efforts of Semmens to lower our expectations doesn’t help, I’d like him to be sacked as well

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 1535 viewsSouthamptonfan

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:29 - Nov 7 by cocklebreath

I think a lot of fans can see it but Ralph was part of the problem, higher up the pathetic efforts of Semmens to lower our expectations doesn’t help, I’d like him to be sacked as well

Problem is, Pellegrino was part of the problem, Hughes was part of the problem, Ralph was part of the problem.

The main f@xking problem is that we sell our best players year after year, replace them with cheap cr@p and struggle to survive year after year. The fans should demand more investment and protest like West Ham fans did and Newcastle. Instead blaming manager after manager gives the main culprits (the owners and board) a free ride.

How long before Nathan Jones gets frustrated and starts losing the plot when we still can't compete?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 18:38]

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:43 - Nov 7 with 1504 viewsBLEEDRED

If Jones is the standard we are after then we might as well given our Nigel a go, at least he knows the club and is still popular
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024