Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 57056 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 11:17 - Dec 2 with 6020 viewsPBLOCK

Who Next? on 23:28 - Dec 1 by numptydumpty

No one wanted Warnock.

That's what we knew.

Think Wilder could be good shout, ie an experienced head.

There are rumours of other academy coaches and assistant managers being quoted.

I think generally with our limited finances an appointment is always a bit of a shot in the dark, who knows !!!

Don’t get me wrong I would not be disappointed with Wilder

His track record at Alfreton, Oxford, Northampton and Sheffield United is excellent, ok Boro wasn’t a raging success but it hasn’t been for many Managers so wouldn’t rule him out based on that

What concerns me with appointing someone like Wilder is that he strikes me as a bit of an old school manager (not saying that is necessarily a bad thing), would he be willing to work within the structure at QPR and not be given carte Blanche to do what he wants. Warburton and Beale have done and this is the model that the club have been trying to build so that if someone the work the previous guy did isn’t torn up and you then start from scratch.

To me Critchley is the obvious appointment and sometimes doing the obvious isn’t a bad thing
Who Next? on 12:00 - Dec 2 with 5839 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 11:17 - Dec 2 by PBLOCK

His track record at Alfreton, Oxford, Northampton and Sheffield United is excellent, ok Boro wasn’t a raging success but it hasn’t been for many Managers so wouldn’t rule him out based on that

What concerns me with appointing someone like Wilder is that he strikes me as a bit of an old school manager (not saying that is necessarily a bad thing), would he be willing to work within the structure at QPR and not be given carte Blanche to do what he wants. Warburton and Beale have done and this is the model that the club have been trying to build so that if someone the work the previous guy did isn’t torn up and you then start from scratch.

To me Critchley is the obvious appointment and sometimes doing the obvious isn’t a bad thing

Warnock was exactly what we needed at that time, and I think most fans recognised that when he was appointed.
That was a very different situation. We were badly underperforming, completely bereft, but had a wealth of talented players. Warnock also had millions to spend in the summer.
Wilder is a good manager, but for the last 2-3 years he's barely won a game, and the club is not in the same place as 2010. I would say huge alarm bells should be ringing that he didn't last long at Boro, which should have been a great set up for him.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 12:11 - Dec 2 with 5779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who Next? on 11:07 - Dec 2 by ArcticHoop

I suggest him earlier here or another QPR forum,dont remember which one.

He has done good job as a manager. First promoted Barrow to the League 2 and now Bolton doing great at league above.

Another QPR Forum?

Another???

A handbag???

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who Next? on 12:12 - Dec 2 with 5773 viewsPBLOCK

Who Next? on 12:00 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

Warnock was exactly what we needed at that time, and I think most fans recognised that when he was appointed.
That was a very different situation. We were badly underperforming, completely bereft, but had a wealth of talented players. Warnock also had millions to spend in the summer.
Wilder is a good manager, but for the last 2-3 years he's barely won a game, and the club is not in the same place as 2010. I would say huge alarm bells should be ringing that he didn't last long at Boro, which should have been a great set up for him.

I agree Warnock was exactly what we needed and also that we are in very different times

Iddlesborough have gone through Manager at a steady rate since Southgate really and have only had 1 season in the Prem in probably 15 odd years. Many have failed so as I said his failure there shouldn’t preclude him totally but I think if he were to be appointed then the steadying of the club in the last few seasons and the structure could get torn up which to a point is ok if you were to be guaranteed promotion and the cash that comes with it but of course there is no guarantee which is the main thing putting me off Wilder and veering towards someone like Critchley
Who Next? on 12:59 - Dec 2 with 5578 viewsdavman

Who Next? on 11:17 - Dec 2 by PBLOCK

Agree on your last point and have thought that all along.

HOWEVER, the fact that it has not happened already tells me that it is not as straightforward as we may think.

Hoping to get someone over the weekend to have time before the next "kick off" in 9 days time...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Who Next? on 13:03 - Dec 2 with 5567 viewsbenhurst

Not quite sure what to make of this one
Who Next? on 13:04 - Dec 2 with 5564 viewsR_from_afar

Who Next? on 11:07 - Dec 2 by ArcticHoop

I suggest him earlier here or another QPR forum,dont remember which one.

He has done good job as a manager. First promoted Barrow to the League 2 and now Bolton doing great at league above.

I also suggested him, not just this time round but when we were trying to find a replacement for Warbs.

As someone else just said on here, it's probably not that likely that he would come.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who Next? on 13:30 - Dec 2 with 5440 viewsDieByYourSide

Who Next? on 13:03 - Dec 2 by benhurst

Guess we've fired up the managerial algorithm supercomputer, then.

Their fans seem raging about it.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 13:38 - Dec 2 with 5385 viewsswisscottage

That just seems ridiculous. Why on earth would he leave Hammarby one of the biggest clubs in the Nordics with an average gate of over 26k, to our tinpot little place?
Who Next? on 13:44 - Dec 2 with 5337 viewsaston_hoop

Love his career, managed UE Sant Andreu, one of my local clubs. I get along to see them most Sundays

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who Next? on 13:45 - Dec 2 with 5329 viewsBakes

No wonder we’re looking at him, in this 50 sec clip the ball spends 45 sec being passed backwards

[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 13:46]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Who Next? on 13:52 - Dec 2 with 5238 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 13:38 - Dec 2 by swisscottage

That just seems ridiculous. Why on earth would he leave Hammarby one of the biggest clubs in the Nordics with an average gate of over 26k, to our tinpot little place?

He sees it as a stepping stone to managing Glasgow Rangers in about 4 months?

Other than that, we're the greatest team on earth.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 14:07 - Dec 2 with 5102 viewsArcticHoop

Who Next? on 13:38 - Dec 2 by swisscottage

Maybe because QPR are better club than Hammarby and Championship is far better league than Swedish Allsvenskan

Beale maybe swapped for a bigger and better club,but poor league and trained monkey can coach Rangers top 2 in Scotland. This Hammarby guy, if he is appointed surely switch for better league
Who Next? on 14:25 - Dec 2 with 4977 viewsArcticHoop

Who Next? on 13:04 - Dec 2 by R_from_afar

I also suggested him, not just this time round but when we were trying to find a replacement for Warbs.

As someone else just said on here, it's probably not that likely that he would come.

Yes,very unlikely that he´s coming.

Havent even seen his name mentioned once
Who Next? on 14:33 - Dec 2 with 4923 viewsdanehoop

Who Next? on 14:07 - Dec 2 by ArcticHoop

Maybe because QPR are better club than Hammarby and Championship is far better league than Swedish Allsvenskan

Beale maybe swapped for a bigger and better club,but poor league and trained monkey can coach Rangers top 2 in Scotland. This Hammarby guy, if he is appointed surely switch for better league

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mart%C3%AD_Cifuentes

Interesting CV. Doesn't seem to have stayed too long at each club he has been at. Hammarby are a good club though and seems to have spent a fair bit of time with the Stockholm based clubs. Aalborg for a year is in a bit odd, seems to have done pretty well there but maybe didnt find a smaller town in Denmark that attractive. Aside form a time coaching at Millwall youth there doesnt seem to be much UK connections mind.

Never knowingly understood

Who Next? on 14:55 - Dec 2 with 4791 viewsaston_hoop

He speaks good English so thats a big positive

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who Next? on 19:05 - Dec 2 with 4169 viewsBklynRanger

Who Next? on 13:45 - Dec 2 by Bakes

No wonder we’re looking at him, in this 50 sec clip the ball spends 45 sec being passed backwards

[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 13:46]

I like his name, I like that quote, I like his foreign-ness!... Very open to this.
Who Next? on 22:03 - Dec 2 with 3791 viewsderbyhoop

For me the obvious candidate is Critchley.
Out of work after eaving Villa alongside Gerrard; so no compensation to be paid
Great job to get Blackpool promoted on a low budget
Used to working with youngsters

ticks a lot of QPR boxes

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who Next? on 08:53 - Dec 3 with 3333 viewsDejR_vu

Who Next? on 22:03 - Dec 2 by derbyhoop

For me the obvious candidate is Critchley.
Out of work after eaving Villa alongside Gerrard; so no compensation to be paid
Great job to get Blackpool promoted on a low budget
Used to working with youngsters

ticks a lot of QPR boxes

I’d be amazed if it’s Critchley. He cr@ppped on Blackpool a bit with the timing of his exit so has a bit of history that, ordinarily, probably wouldn’t be any great shakes but, given the recent shennanigans, might start alarm bells ringing. Also, I can’t imagine the Board will want anyone who has had anything to do with Beale. Can you imagine the reaction if he cr@pped on us too? Thirdly, I’d imagine, given what we now know about Beale, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sh1tting all over us to anyone who will listen, and Critchley would, obviously, speak to him about us.

LH said that they had a list drawn up so I’m guessing, given nothing’s been announced yet, it’s somebody in work or at the World Cup. My money’s on Anthony Barry.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Who Next? on 13:02 - Dec 3 with 2803 viewsTerry49

What about Paul Hall who knows the club inside out, knows the younger players and we would save money which could be used in January getting in a goal scorer. We could also use Chris Ramsey a bit more
Who Next? on 13:34 - Dec 3 with 2658 viewsMrSheen

Surprised Mark Bonner of Cambridge doesn’t get any attention. Has a promising young assistant (though he might have warned him off).
Who Next? on 14:31 - Dec 3 with 2458 viewspaulparker

Love that people are saying names like Paul Hall, Critchley, Liam Richardson , etc when they have hardly managed , there’s a bloke down the road in Ainsworth who would walk over hot coals for this job and who has years of experience working on a budget that is lower than some non league clubs
Maybe it’s because it’s the way he dresses or his hair , maybe he should buy a trendy pair of trainers and a pep jumper for some to consider him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who Next? on 14:44 - Dec 3 with 2407 viewsterryb

Who Next? on 14:31 - Dec 3 by paulparker

Love that people are saying names like Paul Hall, Critchley, Liam Richardson , etc when they have hardly managed , there’s a bloke down the road in Ainsworth who would walk over hot coals for this job and who has years of experience working on a budget that is lower than some non league clubs
Maybe it’s because it’s the way he dresses or his hair , maybe he should buy a trendy pair of trainers and a pep jumper for some to consider him

It may be true that they have a lower budget than some non-league clubs, but when they were in the Conference their budget was bigger than some second division (Championship) clubs!

That, of course, shouldn't rule Ainsworth out, but there must be a reason (valid or not) that no Championship club ever considers him.
Who Next? on 14:53 - Dec 3 with 2345 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, for me, as much as I like the man, it's because I'd rather gouge my eyes out with spoons than watch his style of football.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who Next? on 14:57 - Dec 3 with 2328 viewsCamberleyR

Leam Richardson has managed 155 games with Accrington and Wigan PP. I wouldn't say that's "hardly managed".

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024