Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrogate (h) Match Thread 16:08 - Dec 1 with 33310 viewsHullDale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:32 - Dec 3 with 3224 viewssince58

WTF
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 3215 viewsCedar_Room

What the hell was Diagouraga doing there??? 4-1 and to be honest this could finish embarrassingly. Awful.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 3200 viewsNigeriamark

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:28 - Dec 3 by Nigeriamark

Quadruple substitution Brierly, Henderson, Ball, Keohane off.Malley Sinclair, Rodney & someone else on

Edit: Seriki is the other one
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 16:29]

4-1 & you can play the circus clown music for that one. They break down the right, get to the byline and pull the ball across. Diagourara with no one around hits it against our own post from 15 yards. It roles across the line for their forward to tap in

I'll take a draw now!!
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 3114 viewsIOMDale

I feel no affinity with this squad of players whatsoever, a couple of players excepted.

Off the field, the fight is demonstrably there but on the field, we’re rudderless and drifting towards the National League. Nothing short of open heart surgery is required in January to stop the rot but we likely can’t afford it if we’re relying on outgoings - who’s going to be interested in many of our squad?

UTDNFS

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:42 - Dec 3 with 3053 viewssomdale

We can still blame Stockdale for this set of players, But Bentley has had them playing well at times this season so why are performances like this still happening?
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 3011 viewssince58

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:39 - Dec 3 by IOMDale

I feel no affinity with this squad of players whatsoever, a couple of players excepted.

Off the field, the fight is demonstrably there but on the field, we’re rudderless and drifting towards the National League. Nothing short of open heart surgery is required in January to stop the rot but we likely can’t afford it if we’re relying on outgoings - who’s going to be interested in many of our squad?

Spineless gutless shameless dross from back to front.!!!
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:49 - Dec 3 with 2959 viewsCrede_Sign0

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 3 by 442Dale

The way some players are strolling back with little commitment to defensive duties is the most worrying thing seen all season.

Lack of quality is one thing, lack of effort is inexcusable.

Mr Bentley was fairly depressed in previous weeks by the teams efforts not representing him and his work ethics, and said something like either players go, or he will.
Pumped at home by a relegation rival - and I wonder where that leaves us
Quigley moved like he’d been in the pub for a fortnight - and I’m not sure I’ll live long enough to ever see an Odoh goal.
We look broken, sad about life, and carry zero threat
Roll on January
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 3 with 2867 viewsCedar_Room

Felt like we were going to lose even after we scored that early first goal. That was as poor as any performance at the start of the season under Stockdale. If we are losing games that badly against teams like Harrogate we have absolutely no chance. The January window will be make or break for our league status, simple as that.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Dec 3 with 2840 viewsDaleFan7

That's the most pathetic 45 mins of football I think I've ever seen.

Every player involved should be utterly embarrassed.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 3 with 2784 viewsNigeriamark

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:49 - Dec 3 by Crede_Sign0

Mr Bentley was fairly depressed in previous weeks by the teams efforts not representing him and his work ethics, and said something like either players go, or he will.
Pumped at home by a relegation rival - and I wonder where that leaves us
Quigley moved like he’d been in the pub for a fortnight - and I’m not sure I’ll live long enough to ever see an Odoh goal.
We look broken, sad about life, and carry zero threat
Roll on January

Finished 4-1 and after a fairly even first half, that is as bad a 45 minutes as you will see. A very ordinary team has looked like world beaters. Terrorsed us down the right wing, battled in midfield and could have had a couple more. They stepped off the gas after the fourth goal & still looked the better side. This thing that worried me most was that we looked so much weaker than them & hardly won a 50-50

poor poor performance
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 3 with 2778 viewsrichfoad32

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 3 by Cedar_Room

Felt like we were going to lose even after we scored that early first goal. That was as poor as any performance at the start of the season under Stockdale. If we are losing games that badly against teams like Harrogate we have absolutely no chance. The January window will be make or break for our league status, simple as that.

How much wiggle room have we got in January though? To have any chance you're probably looking at needing to replace 7-8 players if not more. The whole team is an unbalanced mess.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:04 - Dec 3 with 2736 viewsCedar_Room

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 3 by richfoad32

How much wiggle room have we got in January though? To have any chance you're probably looking at needing to replace 7-8 players if not more. The whole team is an unbalanced mess.

I agree it needs a massive clear out. I have no idea how likely that is but at the very least replacing 4 or 5 players could give us a chance. So much pressure on Bentley though as I’m sure we won’t have massive resources and I can’t imagine too many teams will be desperate for our rejects. But making some changes is the only hope we’ve got.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 3 with 2693 views442Dale

We have to be actively looking to move players on but who will want to take on the current wages of players we know are holding us back?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:07 - Dec 3 with 2677 viewsNewbury_Dale

Bentley is well out of his depth. The performances are worse than Stockdale. It's another terrible appointment by this board. We cannot question the commitment of the board but where is the football know-how ? They too are well out of their depth. Sad times indeed.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 3 with 2655 viewsrich_dale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 3 by Cedar_Room

Totally agree. To open the scoring after 6 minutes and for it to be against the run of play says it all. Second best in every department for the whole game - at home, against a team in the bottom six. Lots of poor performances, and we generally showed less desire than our opponents, but for me there was also a lack of tactical nous. Apart from having more hunger they looked much more organised than us, closed us down really well and looked to have worked us out from the first whistle, and we had no answer.

Too many square pegs as well - Henderson on the right hand side, John is not a full back (where was he for the second goal?) and Ball is not a no.10. The window is vital and it will be interesting to see what direction we go. What Bentley has given us in terms of resilience (apart from today) we have lost in terms of footballing ability (IMO). And when the resilience and organisation disappears, there's nothing left, as we say today. Only positive I thought was Malley, who looks like he has something about him.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 3 with 2623 viewskel

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:07 - Dec 3 by Newbury_Dale

Bentley is well out of his depth. The performances are worse than Stockdale. It's another terrible appointment by this board. We cannot question the commitment of the board but where is the football know-how ? They too are well out of their depth. Sad times indeed.

I thought we weren’t allowed to criticise players/staff in case they “don’t warm to us”.

“Some people just can’t help themselves”
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Dec 3 with 2596 viewsD_Alien

I've been watching Dale 57 years this month and that's the first time i've left a game early, after their fourth went in

Not remotely Bentley's fault, but not sure what else he can say to this lot that hasn't already been said: we're just not good enough. The one bright spark this season has been Hendo breaking the goalscoring record, but 99% of the time he's a passenger due to losing pace and lack of connection with those around him. He must shake his head about the times when we footballed good sides to death

Harrogate looked half-decent but didn't need to be anything else. They've created a gap now between themselves and the bottom four, which is the dog fight for survival. All four lost today, Hartlepool seemingly even worse than us in giving Stockport a boost before next week. Probably the remaining relegation place between us, Colchester and Gillingham.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 3 with 2526 viewsCedar_Room

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:07 - Dec 3 by Newbury_Dale

I can’t agree with this Bentley may or may not be a good manager but he certainly isn’t out of his depth after managing Morecambe for what 7 seasons? He knows League Two and he certainly knows managing in League Two on a budget. For me he’s shown enough to think that with some different players he can get us to safety.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:18 - Dec 3 with 2509 viewsDalenet

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:22 - Dec 3 by CarbonDale

Anyone know if the iFolller shows live games in the National League?

No
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:23 - Dec 3 with 2447 viewsDalenet

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 3 by 442Dale

The way some players are strolling back with little commitment to defensive duties is the most worrying thing seen all season.

Lack of quality is one thing, lack of effort is inexcusable.

The Sandy singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" was the most appropriate comment of the day. Doesn't look like anybody cares. I have no idea what Jim does now
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:38 - Dec 3 with 2299 viewsbluevein64

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 3 by Cedar_Room

I can’t agree with this Bentley may or may not be a good manager but he certainly isn’t out of his depth after managing Morecambe for what 7 seasons? He knows League Two and he certainly knows managing in League Two on a budget. For me he’s shown enough to think that with some different players he can get us to safety.

You're right CR Big Jim isn't out of his depth (at least that's two of us who think so) as you say 7 seasons at Morcombe ........ this current squad is so bad even Pep wouldn't/couldn't be able to do anything with them, the person responsible for the mess we're in certainly was out of his depth !
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:43 - Dec 3 with 2230 viewselectricblue

That second 45mins was stuff of nightmares....

If Bentley had hair he would all most be bald after pulling it since he became manager....

Anyway one huge negative is the one man up front that dont help one bit at all if Dale had 2 up front that might help to alleviate some pressure.....

There is so much wrong with the whole squad and im hoping that the board let Bentley bring in about 4 players who can improve the starting 11.

Odoh is one frustrating player to watch.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 3 with 2167 viewsRippDale

Very little wiggle room I would imagine when you look at the players Stockdale brought in and the salaries they have been given. So mediocre and it will be impossible to shift them on until the end of their contracts. Things have dropped so low when a player as limited as Quigley is seen as our big hope. Oh for a Holt, Murray, ALF, Daggers, COG
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 3 with 2078 viewsRotherhamDale

I think the only players worthy of a shirt are O'Donnell and Brierley (plus Henderson because of past endeavours). Genuinely wouldn't want the rest of them next season, national league or not.

Possession with progression.

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 2070 viewsdawlishdale

Wish I hadn't bothered today...like nearly all our players. That was a truly horrible performance and each and every player should be ashamed of their lack of effort.

Even in the first 5 minutes, you could sense that they wanted it more than us, and were causing us trouble with much better movement.

When we scored (much against the run of play) even the boost of a goal failed to rally us, and it was no shock when they scored, although I'm sure our keeper will be annoyed at being beaten from such distance.

I would have honestly struggled to pick a man of the match today...the only ones who came out with any sort of credit were Brierley and Odoh, although both would not have scored above a 5 out of ten.

John at full back must have been guilty of passing to them more than he passed to his own team, and Keohane was skinned so many times I lost count.

As for Ball and Diagouraga, lets just be kind and say they had bad days at the office.

Up front, we had next to nothing, because Quigley clearly isn't fit and Hendo has lost a yard or two of pace.

I thought Harrogate played some really good stuff... but they were made to look better than they should have been due to our sheer incompetence.

Where do we go from here? I really don't know what the answer is, but we are in desperate need of a huge shake up on the pitch, and I'd like to see more ambition shown by the Management (still dropping all 11 back when 3-1 down at home ffs) plus making four subs at once, but not changing the shape of the team when we should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024