Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 15:35 - Dec 11 with 11467 viewsPinnerPaul

After leaving on 75th minute - i never do that!

Thought we looked so slow and pedestraiun in the first half giving Burnley far too much time and space on the ball, coupled with not getting anywhere near enough to each other when we did occasionally get the ball in their half.

A little better 2nd half, although by then Burnley had worked out that they only had to play in 3rd gear to win this one.

Jimmy's error of course killed the game and saw me leave.

A cold and miserable afternoon in W12!
Just Back on 15:38 - Dec 11 with 5584 viewsDamo1962

Must have been worse than it sounded on here. We are in big trouble I reckon. Could be the season when we finally drop TBH.
Just Back on 15:43 - Dec 11 with 5543 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just Back on 15:38 - Dec 11 by Damo1962

Must have been worse than it sounded on here. We are in big trouble I reckon. Could be the season when we finally drop TBH.

That's the spirit.
Just Back on 15:46 - Dec 11 with 5525 viewsStanisgod

Just Back on 15:43 - Dec 11 by CroydonCaptJack

That's the spirit.

Just confirmed what we already knew, lose a few key players and we're bottom half team.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just Back on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 5449 viewsDejR_vu

That's the spirit.

😂 Yeah, probably better to just sit in a room, eyes firmly shut, hands over ears, shouting "la, la, la, la"

Heaven forbid someone says something negative on a football forum after a 0-3 home loss, after a pathetic showing, and 1 point from the last 18. Oh, and we don't have a manager. It's all good though.

Sorry for digging you out, but what's everyone supposed to say?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Back on 16:00 - Dec 11 with 5361 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 15:54 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

😂 Yeah, probably better to just sit in a room, eyes firmly shut, hands over ears, shouting "la, la, la, la"

Heaven forbid someone says something negative on a football forum after a 0-3 home loss, after a pathetic showing, and 1 point from the last 18. Oh, and we don't have a manager. It's all good though.

Sorry for digging you out, but what's everyone supposed to say?

Yeah 2 sides and all that.

Obviously 1 point from 6 games IS relegation form, but before that we were literally playing like a side at the top of the table because we were!

Neither form types likely to last forever, and it being real life, the following 24 games will probably produce something in between overall, with as under MB and all the others some highs and lows.

I don't think its unreasonable to worry about where we will finish after that, but equally we are not certs to go down (Not that you said we were tbf!)
Just Back on 16:02 - Dec 11 with 5326 viewsLowerloftLad

Me and my dad walked out on the 80th minute can't remember the last time my dad agreed to also walk out.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just Back on 16:03 - Dec 11 with 5303 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 16:02 - Dec 11 by LowerloftLad

Me and my dad walked out on the 80th minute can't remember the last time my dad agreed to also walk out.

Very rare I do that - the Newcastle debacle and last game of the season v Millwall a few years back the only times EVER for me.
Just Back on 16:11 - Dec 11 with 5215 viewspaulhoop2

Disappointing that people walk out but each to your own. Always like to stay to the end myself even if away from home but that was a poor show Burnley are a prem team in all but the division they sit in excellent all round performance. Can’t help but think our 2nd half of season will be painful
No matter who gets the job. Only plus point for me is seeing club men like furs / Impey and a lesser extent Hall getting the chance to sit in the dugout at a 1st team fixture

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 16:13 - Dec 11 with 5205 viewsLordPork

Interesting performance, especially with the background statement from "the management" that they'd already have a shortlist following the recent Beale process / selection.

given the grace of having the last couple of weeks with no fixtures, and the critical nature of "every point" having a value at the end of the season, were Critchley, (if the rumours are true) not have been available/or want the job, then surely, we must be close to another appointee?

in short, whilst getting the right appointment in place is one aspect, doing it in an efficient/timely manner is something else.

Poor, very poor.
Just Back on 16:28 - Dec 11 with 5109 viewsdaveB

I didn't even go and am delighted I didn't, we were abysmal
Just Back on 16:29 - Dec 11 with 5094 viewsLowerloftLad

Just Back on 16:28 - Dec 11 by daveB

I didn't even go and am delighted I didn't, we were abysmal

To be fair those who didn't go today kind of had a mini win

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just Back on 16:31 - Dec 11 with 5071 viewsPaddyhoops

Just Back on 16:13 - Dec 11 by LordPork

Interesting performance, especially with the background statement from "the management" that they'd already have a shortlist following the recent Beale process / selection.

given the grace of having the last couple of weeks with no fixtures, and the critical nature of "every point" having a value at the end of the season, were Critchley, (if the rumours are true) not have been available/or want the job, then surely, we must be close to another appointee?

in short, whilst getting the right appointment in place is one aspect, doing it in an efficient/timely manner is something else.

Poor, very poor.

Dykes our MOTM which isn’t saying much. Tried his best with little or no help..
He won most of his Airial challenges however it was usually snapped up by Burnley defenders as we had nobody playing off him.
Never seen the place as quiet as it was today.
There was a resigned feeling from minute one that we were getting nothing from the game .
Tough job for the incoming manager .
Just Back on 16:31 - Dec 11 with 5059 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just Back on 16:11 - Dec 11 by paulhoop2

Disappointing that people walk out but each to your own. Always like to stay to the end myself even if away from home but that was a poor show Burnley are a prem team in all but the division they sit in excellent all round performance. Can’t help but think our 2nd half of season will be painful
No matter who gets the job. Only plus point for me is seeing club men like furs / Impey and a lesser extent Hall getting the chance to sit in the dugout at a 1st team fixture

I never walk out because I'm a sadist but if there were ever a day to get out of there at half-time and do something more entertaining (like nailing your knackers to a table) then it was today.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 16:31]
Just Back on 16:49 - Dec 11 with 4903 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Well that was a chastening experience. Not been to HQ since the Reading game and chose this one for my sons fourteenth birthday present. He is on the phone to childliine as we speak! First half was really vad. So much time and space afforded to Burnley who are a very good team. We backed off and backed off allowing Jack Cork to run the show. Thomas very ineffective and I was very disappointed with Dozell who seemed to be anywhere the ball wasn't one rip roaring tackle notwithstanding.
I actually thought the second half was much better as we played quicker and with more purpose. Shodipo was good and bug Tim played more centrally and with purpose. We stayed to tge end but fully understand thise who didn't. Also was impressed with Dykes. Won nearly all headers and tried his best to link up play. Surprised Richards did not get on. There is talent in this squad and I yhink we will be mid table fine reflecting or slightly overperforming against our financial restraints.
Just Back on 17:09 - Dec 11 with 4746 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 16:31 - Dec 11 by Paddyhoops

He won most of his Airial challenges however it was usually snapped up by Burnley defenders as we had nobody playing off him.
There was a resigned feeling from minute one that we were getting nothing from the game .

Shodipo man of the match for me but he was no more than a 6/10 performance
Just Back on 17:10 - Dec 11 with 4732 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 17:09 - Dec 11 by daveB

Shodipo man of the match for me but he was no more than a 6/10 performance

Dykes for me but then I only saw 30' of Shadipo
Just Back on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 4716 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 15:38 - Dec 11 by Damo1962

Nah we don't tend to do freefalls at QPR. Of course it's possible we're only 8 points above West Brom but highly highly unlikely.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 17:13 - Dec 11 with 4684 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 16:31 - Dec 11 by Paddyhoops

I had Paal MOM.

Just Back on 17:18 - Dec 11 with 4634 viewsDamo1962

Just Back on 17:11 - Dec 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

Nah we don't tend to do freefalls at QPR. Of course it's possible we're only 8 points above West Brom but highly highly unlikely.

Hope you're right. As long as we don't think we are too good to get dragged into a relegation scrap.16th it is then 😎
Just Back on 17:36 - Dec 11 with 4501 viewsplasmahoop

Yes that was poor. Only watched it on TV, must have been more painful to be there. Should have had a penalty, shouldn't have been a free kick, but still. The fatal combination of looking toothless up front and flimsy at the back. I know Jamie mackie is a good bloke, but his commentary is hugely irritating.
Just Back on 17:38 - Dec 11 with 4482 viewsHuckerMOTM

That's the spirit.

At some point when you're an adult you have to have difficult conversations and if one of those is that we could be relegated than so be it.

No one wants to be relegated but it's worse to put your head in the sand and pretend it's not a possibility. We have shown consistent relegation form for 10 months now. Another 4 months and we will be.
Just Back on 17:44 - Dec 11 with 4405 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 17:38 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

At some point when you're an adult you have to have difficult conversations and if one of those is that we could be relegated than so be it.

No one wants to be relegated but it's worse to put your head in the sand and pretend it's not a possibility. We have shown consistent relegation form for 10 months now. Another 4 months and we will be.

It's just relegation. It happens all the time.

Just Back on 17:49 - Dec 11 with 4355 viewsHuckerMOTM

Just Back on 17:44 - Dec 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

Exactly!

People hiding their heads in the sand about the possibility is strange...
Just Back on 17:51 - Dec 11 with 4342 viewsLanhoop

I just hope that seeing the back of 2022 will bring a new start. Maybe 10 decent performances all year has been depressing to follow.
Just Back on 17:53 - Dec 11 with 4320 viewsjohnhoop

Just Back on 17:44 - Dec 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

But it’ll be disastrous for our financial situation so it’s something we need to avoid by any means possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024