Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 15:35 - Dec 11 with 11471 viewsPinnerPaul

After leaving on 75th minute - i never do that!

Thought we looked so slow and pedestraiun in the first half giving Burnley far too much time and space on the ball, coupled with not getting anywhere near enough to each other when we did occasionally get the ball in their half.

A little better 2nd half, although by then Burnley had worked out that they only had to play in 3rd gear to win this one.

Jimmy's error of course killed the game and saw me leave.

A cold and miserable afternoon in W12!
Just Back on 08:09 - Dec 12 with 1793 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I left my stream after the 3rd went in.

The first half was like watching us in 1999/2000.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Just Back on 08:17 - Dec 12 with 1762 viewsRs_Holy

Just Back on 08:09 - Dec 12 by Metallica_Hoop

I left my stream after the 3rd went in.

The first half was like watching us in 1999/2000.

you must mean 2000—01 .... Steve Morrow, Christer Warren, Michel Ngonge etc ... ah yes the good old days
Just Back on 08:38 - Dec 12 with 1721 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just Back on 08:17 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

you must mean 2000—01 .... Steve Morrow, Christer Warren, Michel Ngonge etc ... ah yes the good old days

I did my bad. Thanks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Just Back on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 1659 viewsStevenageRanger

Just Back on 21:21 - Dec 11 by Ned_Kennedys

Thought Shodipo’s performance was all the confirmation I needed that along with Thomas he is just not good enough for Championship football. Had some opportunities to put in a decent cross: didn’t.

Strange as I thought Shodip looked exciting when he came on. I sit Lower Loft down the side he was attacking and his tricks/stepovers were causing them problems. Yes the end product lacked a little, but I actually think with a decent run in the team he could be something (I could be wrong, I thought we would hget a draw yesterday!!)
Just Back on 09:01 - Dec 12 with 1637 viewsTheChef

Just Back on 17:57 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

Which is why we need to be realistic about it as a possibility as a club and fan base.

If things don't improve in the next 12 or so weeks we'll be among the favourites to be relegated.

And maybe things will improve in the next 12 weeks and we'll still be candidates for promotion.

Or er, you know, maybe the next 12 weeks will be somewhere in between?

It's the just this knee jerk reaction to one defeat, against the top team, which gets me. And Burnley weren't even that good and I agree we showed them too much respect in the first half.

Critchley's in the hot seat so let's get behind him and see what he can do.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Just Back on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 1632 viewsA40Bosh

Just Back on 15:54 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

😂 Yeah, probably better to just sit in a room, eyes firmly shut, hands over ears, shouting "la, la, la, la"

Heaven forbid someone says something negative on a football forum after a 0-3 home loss, after a pathetic showing, and 1 point from the last 18. Oh, and we don't have a manager. It's all good though.

Sorry for digging you out, but what's everyone supposed to say?

But where is the allowance for not having an actual manager?
Where is the allowance for the fact that we were playing the team at the top of the league who have lost 2 of their 22 games.
Where is the allowance for the fact that we have been on a bad run and it will take a while for confidence to come back.
Where is the allowance for the fact that before 🐍 was being courted by Wolves, the same first team squad was in the top two.

There are also those who sit in a room with their eyes shut and hands over their ears and the minute someone tries to add balance they can only shout it’s all doom and gloom - and we are 2 weeks before Christmas and still 9th.

Stop panicking

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just Back on 09:37 - Dec 12 with 1556 viewsWadR

I like Dykes but think it would be generous to say he was anything other than ok yesterday. Full of endeavour and won some headers. But with the ball at his feet, he was poor and it hamstrung several counter attacks. Taking 3 touches to get the ball out of his feet when it should be one touch and pass. By which point a Burnley player had usually nicked it off him. There was one pass straight out of play in the first half when we had a good counter opportunity. Went with a non QPR supporting mate and he did not have a glowing review of Dykes

Just checked and he had a 20% successful pass completion.

Not to say Dykes was the worst offender - he was at least trying 100%, which I don't think you could say about every player out there.
Just Back on 09:44 - Dec 12 with 1509 viewsDamo1962

Just Back on 09:06 - Dec 12 by A40Bosh

But where is the allowance for not having an actual manager?
Where is the allowance for the fact that we were playing the team at the top of the league who have lost 2 of their 22 games.
Where is the allowance for the fact that we have been on a bad run and it will take a while for confidence to come back.
Where is the allowance for the fact that before 🐍 was being courted by Wolves, the same first team squad was in the top two.

There are also those who sit in a room with their eyes shut and hands over their ears and the minute someone tries to add balance they can only shout it’s all doom and gloom - and we are 2 weeks before Christmas and still 9th.

Stop panicking

Nothing wrong with balance. It's the personal tone of some posters that I have a problem with. Keep it respectful, and we can all rub along fine. And it's 1 point from 18, so it isn't knee-jerk. I said we would lose in the match thread, it's how we lost that is more worrying. Hopefully Neil can give the whole club a shot in the arm, as we are too easy to roll over at the moment. And his first priority is a goal(hopefully a winning one) in front of the Loft - this could be the catalyst we need to shake off the malaise 🤔😎
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 10:01 - Dec 12 with 1462 viewsDamo1962

Just Back on 09:37 - Dec 12 by WadR

I like Dykes but think it would be generous to say he was anything other than ok yesterday. Full of endeavour and won some headers. But with the ball at his feet, he was poor and it hamstrung several counter attacks. Taking 3 touches to get the ball out of his feet when it should be one touch and pass. By which point a Burnley player had usually nicked it off him. There was one pass straight out of play in the first half when we had a good counter opportunity. Went with a non QPR supporting mate and he did not have a glowing review of Dykes

Not to say Dykes was the worst offender - he was at least trying 100%, which I don't think you could say about every player out there.

He is still not good enough at his main job though, and is one of main reasons we are struggling, along with a non-scoring midfield, and a defence that seems to have reverted to type. Being less shite than the rest... is faint praise indeed. It's not his fault that he isn't good enough for this league, that is the fault of those who scouted and signed him. He needs support upfront at the very least - but FFP and all that. Doesn't matter who is in the dug-out, he isn't miraculously going to change either. Yes he is in a poor team, but he has had long enough now to prove his critics' wrong.
Just Back on 10:07 - Dec 12 with 1468 viewstraininvain

Just Back on 09:37 - Dec 12 by WadR

Likewise. Took a non R to yesterday’s game and he pointed out that Dykes didn’t give us an outlet to get up the pitch in the first half aside from once or twice when the ball nearly stuck.

I’m not sure whether it’s lack of effort or just not good enough.
Just Back on 10:11 - Dec 12 with 1453 viewsEastR

FWIW a few observations from yesterday
- They were streets better than us, looked a very well coached and drilled side, everyone one of their players put in a shift, they had us on the ropes from the off, closing down, denying us space and time on the ball, and getting stuck in when we even looked close to getting a sniff
- They looked like a team who’d spent the WC break working hard and it showed
- We, apart from a two minute spell at the end of the first half, and at the beginning of the second, we’re the complete opposite of all of that
- The ref was poor, Thomas challenge was a pen and he and the lino bottled it, Cork wasn’t fouled for the free kick, but we were getting nothing out of that game which was down to us

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Just Back on 10:21 - Dec 12 with 1428 viewsRs_Holy

Just Back on 10:07 - Dec 12 by traininvain

Likewise. Took a non R to yesterday’s game and he pointed out that Dykes didn’t give us an outlet to get up the pitch in the first half aside from once or twice when the ball nearly stuck.

Dykes is not quite good enough to be first choice striker ... When Charlie first returned it worked having Dykes as the number 2 striker. We really need another striker but unfortunately the club does not have a pot to pee in :(
Just Back on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 1391 viewssparkey

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but just a comment about JCS.

What is the point of him. Clearly too lightweight & lack of desire (?). The difference between him and Dune, who was poor but didn't hide away once was stark. Really wound me up.
Just Back on 10:26 - Dec 12 with 1362 viewsDamo1962

Just Back on 10:07 - Dec 12 by traininvain

Don't think his effort is in question TBH - his ability most certainly is. When I see him play for us, he just doesn't look happy. Think he misses Scotland. Could be a good move all round if he went back.
Just Back on 12:29 - Dec 12 with 1213 viewsfrancisbowles

Just Back on 10:11 - Dec 12 by EastR

FWIW a few observations from yesterday
- They were streets better than us, looked a very well coached and drilled side, everyone one of their players put in a shift, they had us on the ropes from the off, closing down, denying us space and time on the ball, and getting stuck in when we even looked close to getting a sniff
- They looked like a team who’d spent the WC break working hard and it showed
- We, apart from a two minute spell at the end of the first half, and at the beginning of the second, we’re the complete opposite of all of that
- The ref was poor, Thomas challenge was a pen and he and the lino bottled it, Cork wasn’t fouled for the free kick, but we were getting nothing out of that game which was down to us

They have more expensive and better players in most positions
Just Back on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 1192 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just Back on 10:24 - Dec 12 by sparkey

What is the point of him. Clearly too lightweight & lack of desire (?). The difference between him and Dune, who was poor but didn't hide away once was stark. Really wound me up.

Isn't he supposed to be the elegant, ball-playing centre back? I can only assume we had a couple of players sitting in Ellerslie/Stanley Bowles yesterday as he wasn't finding the ones on the pitch.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 12:34]
Just Back on 12:43 - Dec 12 with 1157 viewseastside_r

Yeah, same here.

I am slightly baffled by the effusive praise he was receiving on here and assumed he’d been good at away games that I had not attended.

I agree that he looks lightweight and uninterested / not up for a battle. No wonder Dickie looks so pissed off.
Just Back on 12:50 - Dec 12 with 1106 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I thought he was awful, but just 1 of many who clearly wanted to be anywhere else but on the pitch.
I can handle losing, sometimes you learn more in a defeat than victory, but what I cant handle is lack of fight and desire.
Yes, we had no manager, but those players would have known Critchley was joining, to go out and perform like that was unbelievable.
As an aside, I don't know why Shodipo, Thomas etc are still being given opportunities. Surely it has got to the point where we should move a few of the U23s up such as Drewe, Pedder, jude Boydd. At least let them have a go rather than seeing the usual faces flailing around.
Just Back on 12:51 - Dec 12 with 1100 viewstraininvain

Just Back on 12:43 - Dec 12 by eastside_r

Yeah, same here.

I am slightly baffled by the effusive praise he was receiving on here and assumed he’d been good at away games that I had not attended.

I agree that he looks lightweight and uninterested / not up for a battle. No wonder Dickie looks so pissed off.

To be fair I rarely see JCS getting praise on here. Mainly criticism.

Dunne on the other hand is much loved on here and I don’t doubt his commitment but I’m not convinced by him as part of a centre back pair.

It’s strange because a couple of months ago I would’ve said that centre back is the position where we have most depth. But right now I wouldn’t trust any of our four main centre backs to form a decent partnership and I’d be minded to revert to a back three with wing backs to try and stop the rot.
Just Back on 14:34 - Dec 12 with 915 viewseastside_r

Just Back on 12:51 - Dec 12 by traininvain

To be fair I rarely see JCS getting praise on here. Mainly criticism.

Dunne on the other hand is much loved on here and I don’t doubt his commitment but I’m not convinced by him as part of a centre back pair.

It’s strange because a couple of months ago I would’ve said that centre back is the position where we have most depth. But right now I wouldn’t trust any of our four main centre backs to form a decent partnership and I’d be minded to revert to a back three with wing backs to try and stop the rot.

Ok, so JCS not getting much praise in the current slump but he was at the start of the season.

Dunne made a great start when he first got in the team, but tailed off badly in the late Warbs dip. He has been OK mostly this season (when picked!) but yesterday’s howler was awful.

Beale obviously favoured ‘his boys’ JCS and Balogun, so I would like to see the Dickie / Dunne combo tried again.
Just Back on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 883 viewsEastR

Just Back on 12:29 - Dec 12 by francisbowles

Like Coventry, Birmingham, Luton?

they might have, but they just wanted it more

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Just Back on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 851 viewsManinBlack

Just Back on 12:29 - Dec 12 by francisbowles

Yes this is the problem with ffp hampering clubs with little money and those clubs with the windfall of parachute money. On paper Burnley should be three goals better as they have the money to retain quality. Unless the parachute payments are reduced or redistributed amongst all clubs in the EFL then the Championship just resembles the Premier league with the richest teams in the top 6 in both leagues.

It is boring seeing clubs like Norwich, Watford, Fulham, West Brom bouncing between the leagues aided by a huge relegation windfall. I accept clubs with less can break in but it is much harder to sustain it without serious money.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 15:03]
Just Back on 15:10 - Dec 12 with 812 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 17:38 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

At some point when you're an adult you have to have difficult conversations and if one of those is that we could be relegated than so be it.

No one wants to be relegated but it's worse to put your head in the sand and pretend it's not a possibility. We have shown consistent relegation form for 10 months now. Another 4 months and we will be.

Apart from when we were top of the league?

10 months relegation form - come on!
Just Back on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 803 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 17:49 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

Exactly!

People hiding their heads in the sand about the possibility is strange...

Ok if we're being adult about it.

We're 8 points from the bottom 3, 3 points from the top 6.

We are best priced 14/1 to get promoted and a best priced 40/1 to get relegated.

We're not quite halfway through the season yet, I think what annoys some, me included, is the emphasis placed on relegation, when, factually, its, currently less likely than promotion.
Just Back on 15:17 - Dec 12 with 794 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 17:57 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

Which is why we need to be realistic about it as a possibility as a club and fan base.

If things don't improve in the next 12 or so weeks we'll be among the favourites to be relegated.

That's what I mean - 12 weeks! of poor results will see ANY team plummet down the table!

I could just as easily write 12 weeks of Sept/Oct results will see us right back in the promotion mix!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024