Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 15:35 - Dec 11 with 11472 viewsPinnerPaul

After leaving on 75th minute - i never do that!

Thought we looked so slow and pedestraiun in the first half giving Burnley far too much time and space on the ball, coupled with not getting anywhere near enough to each other when we did occasionally get the ball in their half.

A little better 2nd half, although by then Burnley had worked out that they only had to play in 3rd gear to win this one.

Jimmy's error of course killed the game and saw me leave.

A cold and miserable afternoon in W12!
Just Back on 17:55 - Dec 11 with 2417 viewsPaddyhoops

Just Back on 17:44 - Dec 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

It's just relegation. It happens all the time.

I see the Burnley player reckoned it wasn’t a free kick and by all accounts we should have had a penalty ( loft end so not a good view) .
Poor refereeing but that’s a given in the championship.
Fine margins as in the England game last night but in fairness they were streets ahead and didn’t have to get out of first gear. . I’d take 16th now the way we’re playing but Critchley should give us a boost and things should be a lot clearer after January.
Steffs fitness will be crucial to any rebound.
Just Back on 17:57 - Dec 11 with 2402 viewsHuckerMOTM

Just Back on 17:53 - Dec 11 by johnhoop

But it’ll be disastrous for our financial situation so it’s something we need to avoid by any means possible.

Which is why we need to be realistic about it as a possibility as a club and fan base.

If things don't improve in the next 12 or so weeks we'll be among the favourites to be relegated.
Just Back on 18:08 - Dec 11 with 2318 viewsWatfordR

All a bit odd really. A bit yes but no but yes but...

Yes Burnley were better than us, but they are a settled team playing with confidence, whereas Beale's psychopathic behaviour has left us in a mess. Yet Burnley weren't as impressive as the likes of Fulham last year, and I felt they were a bit hesitant playing out from the back and might have been punished for that on another day.

Yes they were probably three goals better than us on the day, yet I'm not sure they deserved to beat us by three. I didn't think their first goal was a free kick, and if they'd only gone in 1 up at the break, the second half would have been a good deal less comfortable for them. Timing was a good friend to them today.

Yes the first half display by us was timid, but the second half was better. Couldn't understand not putting Sincs on at half time, it was screamingly obvious from very early in the first half that he'd have provided far more threat than Thomas with Dykes winning so many headers. Thought Field and Dykes were the pick today, though Tim, Shodipo and Paal all had a decent second half.

It's all a bit down to whether we're looking at this from a glass half full or glass half empty I suppose. I worry about Critchley's mateyness with Beale and whether he'll ever be able to convince the players of a word that comes out of his mouth, but he appears to be the best and cheapest option available. On the basis that I'm almost always wrong about these things, I'm going to plump for a second half of the season being a disaster.

Edit: oh yeah, and the ref was again f@cking poor. Burnley were given the run of the game whether they needed that help or not. Been nice to watch the World Cup and watch some decent refereeing. Some, not all, but significantly less of the sort of dross that's inflicted on us week in week out.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 18:13]
Just Back on 18:24 - Dec 11 with 2266 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just Back on 15:54 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

😂 Yeah, probably better to just sit in a room, eyes firmly shut, hands over ears, shouting "la, la, la, la"

Heaven forbid someone says something negative on a football forum after a 0-3 home loss, after a pathetic showing, and 1 point from the last 18. Oh, and we don't have a manager. It's all good though.

Sorry for digging you out, but what's everyone supposed to say?

In the same way I'm entitled to banter surely?

Who said its all good? I also left early by the way.
Just Back on 18:56 - Dec 11 with 2162 viewskernowhoop

Even if the various refereeing decisions had gone our way, I suspect that we would have lost the match anyway. That's because Burnley were a strong, confident team with plenty of quality players, who did the basics well and pinged the ball around the pitch so quickly and accurately. They seemed to do it without breaking sweat, whereas we appeared to have to work much harder to do anything threatening.
After the game, Paul Hall said that we had talented young players but that they would need to be driven when the new manager was in place. That made sense to me. They have just had an unhelpful break and have been let down by a manager that they once had faith in.
I just hope that there is someone out there who is willing to come and bring out the best in our squad and maybe cope with losing one or two of them. I am becoming uneasy about why the new appointment has not yet been announced.
Just Back on 18:58 - Dec 11 with 2139 viewsdmm

It was a horrible game and both sides were poor but Burnley were just less poor than us.

Hall said in his pre-match comments that he wouldn't change much. That was true. We were just as bad as we had been in the last 5 games under Beale.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:57]
Just Back on 19:41 - Dec 11 with 1994 viewskernowhoop

Just Back on 18:56 - Dec 11 by kernowhoop

Even if the various refereeing decisions had gone our way, I suspect that we would have lost the match anyway. That's because Burnley were a strong, confident team with plenty of quality players, who did the basics well and pinged the ball around the pitch so quickly and accurately. They seemed to do it without breaking sweat, whereas we appeared to have to work much harder to do anything threatening.
After the game, Paul Hall said that we had talented young players but that they would need to be driven when the new manager was in place. That made sense to me. They have just had an unhelpful break and have been let down by a manager that they once had faith in.
I just hope that there is someone out there who is willing to come and bring out the best in our squad and maybe cope with losing one or two of them. I am becoming uneasy about why the new appointment has not yet been announced.

That last comment seemed to get things moving...
Just Back on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 1976 viewsstowmarketrange

Just Back on 17:57 - Dec 11 by HuckerMOTM

Which is why we need to be realistic about it as a possibility as a club and fan base.

If things don't improve in the next 12 or so weeks we'll be among the favourites to be relegated.

We only need 6 more wins and we’ll be safe for another season.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 19:48 - Dec 11 with 1958 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 19:45 - Dec 11 by stowmarketrange

We only need 6 more wins and we’ll be safe for another season.

safe? SAFE? What is this sourcery?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 19:55 - Dec 11 with 1929 viewsHarbour

We were second best all over the pitch. Better second half so credit Paul for the improvement. Did not affect the end result but thought ref got a few decisions wrong the pen at the beginning of the game should have been given he bottled that decision. The free kick for the goal was not a foul he fell over. He let so many cynical fouls go unpunished and Burnley took full advantage. The second and third goals were our mistakes no excuses. Hopefully Neil can get a tune out of the limited resources we have …need to get out of this bad run…and Fck Micky Beale.
Just Back on 20:53 - Dec 11 with 1798 viewsQPROslo

Laird MOTM for me. Set up both of our best chances for Willock and Dykes, and rescued us at the back a couple of times too.
Just Back on 21:03 - Dec 11 with 1751 viewsCateLeBoner

Just Back on 20:53 - Dec 11 by QPROslo

Laird MOTM for me. Set up both of our best chances for Willock and Dykes, and rescued us at the back a couple of times too.

He was excellent. I thought both fullbacks were. Paal had a very good first half defensively and tried to come forward more second half. Worth the entrance fee alone 👍
Just Back on 21:07 - Dec 11 with 1721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just Back on 20:53 - Dec 11 by QPROslo

Good points Oslo, and all true I would say (though they hadn't occurred to me) but I'd like to watch him again for his positioning on the second goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just Back on 21:21 - Dec 11 with 1677 viewsNed_Kennedys

Just Back on 17:09 - Dec 11 by daveB

Shodipo man of the match for me but he was no more than a 6/10 performance

Thought Shodipo’s performance was all the confirmation I needed that along with Thomas he is just not good enough for Championship football. Had some opportunities to put in a decent cross: didn’t.
Just Back on 21:28 - Dec 11 with 1656 viewsLogman

Just Back on 18:58 - Dec 11 by dmm

It was a horrible game and both sides were poor but Burnley were just less poor than us.

Hall said in his pre-match comments that he wouldn't change much. That was true. We were just as bad as we had been in the last 5 games under Beale.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 19:57]

Burnley were far from poor. They were slick all over the pitch and didn't do a whole lot wrong all game. Sub in a Premiership striker for Jay Rodriguez who is no longer a cut above and that is a Premiership team.
Just Back on 21:51 - Dec 11 with 1549 viewsHunterhoop

For those that left early.

Dykes was outstanding. If everyone worked as him we would not have lost. Simple.

No way was 0-3 fair.

Willock, JCS, Dieng…Fuzy off. Absolute sh*tshow, half arsed nonsense.
Just Back on 22:16 - Dec 11 with 1493 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 21:03 - Dec 11 by CateLeBoner

He was excellent. I thought both fullbacks were. Paal had a very good first half defensively and tried to come forward more second half. Worth the entrance fee alone 👍

Honestly, what fcking game have I been at today?
Just Back on 22:20 - Dec 11 with 1472 viewsNorthernr

I'm with DejR_Vu, I'm sorry, that is not acceptable. I know they're a lot better than us, fine. But as a home team, you cannot be as passive meek as that. I'm hearing 'outstanding', 'excellent', 'worth the entrance fee'... Have I been on the moon today? What fcking shtshow was I watching? Giving the ball away, nobody tackling, nobody kicking anybody.

Unacceptable, you cannot play like that and expect people to back you. I'm astonished at some of the 'well maybe this and maybe that' comments I'm reading on here tonight. That was pathetic. Pathetic.
Just Back on 22:25 - Dec 11 with 1448 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just Back on 18:56 - Dec 11 by kernowhoop

Sorry, but that's a lame excuse. Surely you should have enough pride in yourself to want to make a statement to a manager you felt had betrayed you? The first half display was pathetic and several of them looked they could barely be bothered to even break sweat.

Burnley might be a better team but you at least make them work for the win. I hope Critchley works out but we've had a losing mentality for so long now that it feels endemic. We need someone to fire things up, rather than accepting failure.
Just Back on 22:32 - Dec 11 with 1419 viewsNed_Kennedys

Just Back on 21:03 - Dec 11 by CateLeBoner

This cannot be a serious post?
Thought the defence as a unit had a terrible game and Burnley could’ve pushed on for more if they were bothered.
No-one comes out of that with any credit: 100% going to be a N/A Man of the Match in Clive’s report.
Just Back on 23:07 - Dec 11 with 1353 viewsManinBlack

We were dire all over the park but maybe tv gives a different perspective to actually being there. That will be one of Burnley's easiest away games of the season.

We are in a tricky place. We need a goalscorer but can't afford one. If we carry on not scoring, especially at home in front of the Loft, we will be sucked down towards the bottom three. So right now we are unable to buy a striker, assuming we find one to buy, but if we don’t gamble and rely on what we have, the financial implications could be even worse if we were to go down.

It is just one big mess so just have to hope Critchley can stop the rot and get some goals from this squad.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 23:08]
Just Back on 23:14 - Dec 11 with 1321 viewsHunterhoop

Just Back on 22:20 - Dec 11 by Northernr

I'm with DejR_Vu, I'm sorry, that is not acceptable. I know they're a lot better than us, fine. But as a home team, you cannot be as passive meek as that. I'm hearing 'outstanding', 'excellent', 'worth the entrance fee'... Have I been on the moon today? What fcking shtshow was I watching? Giving the ball away, nobody tackling, nobody kicking anybody.

Unacceptable, you cannot play like that and expect people to back you. I'm astonished at some of the 'well maybe this and maybe that' comments I'm reading on here tonight. That was pathetic. Pathetic.

There are narratives and complex narratives. You know this more than me. Just because we were sh*t, you cannot tell me Dykes was sh*t with a serious face. On another day he is your poster boy for effort and endeavour. Won almost everything in the air, covered huge amounts of ground and held it up well. Fair play. He was “outstanding”. The fact lots of other players were sh*t doesn’t take away from that. He stood out. A lot.
Just Back on 23:20 - Dec 11 with 1293 viewsDamo1962

Just Back on 22:20 - Dec 11 by Northernr

A lot of our supporters seem to be easily pleased...or in denial. I can feel the anger in your voice Clive, and am glad I didn't have to witness that today. As I have said before, we get into these losing runs, and seem incapable of doing anything about them. The whole club, and a lot of supporters, just seem to accept it. We aren't the only club in this league without a pot to piss in. I hope Critchley can get something more out of this group of players, but he will soon find out like the gobshite before him...the size of the task ahead of him. I wish him luck, and I wish for something for you and the rest of the too long suffering fans.
Just Back on 23:23 - Dec 11 with 1292 viewsSydneyRs

Just Back on 15:46 - Dec 11 by Stanisgod

Just confirmed what we already knew, lose a few key players and we're bottom half team.

That probably applies to most of the league to be fair.
Just Back on 08:04 - Dec 12 with 1008 viewsgazza1

Just Back on 21:51 - Dec 11 by Hunterhoop

For those that left early.

Dykes was outstanding. If everyone worked as him we would not have lost. Simple.

No way was 0-3 fair.

Willock, JCS, Dieng…Fuzy off. Absolute sh*tshow, half arsed nonsense.

Wow, shocked at your opinions there Hunter!!!!

I left on 89 mins, thought Dykes was average again although he did win a few headers, plus pleased with the way Shipodo done when he came on at HT. I thought we worked hard as a team but Burnley were just far too good for us on the day. They 'pinged' the ball around very well and played with 'wide game' to good effect - it was relatively easy for them to pick up 3 points.

Although they got away with a 3-0 win I thought overall that they were 3 goals better than us.

Football opinions, eh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024