Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium 19:01 - Dec 13 with 18441 viewsDixie_CT

The future of Linford Christie Stadium, our last chance to stay in Hammersmith and Fulham, is being discussed tomorrow night.

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=467&MId=7289&Ver=4

The proposal put forward as a plan is very amateurish and lacks quality.

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/documents/s122549/Appendix%202%20-%20Linford%20Chri

We have little chance of getting permission for this site, or any other local site for that matter (although other options are very limited) and a new stadium is a pivotal factor in the future identity of our club. Without a long term place in the Premier League, our income is hamstrung, especially by Loftus Road.

This issue for me throws up some bigger questions. I personally think the owners should put it to the fans in regards to what we want for QPR because standing still financially sees us yo-yoing between the Championship and League One, not the other way. If that isn’t for them, then they should pass the baton onto a new Board (better the devil you know!)

Whatever your thoughts are on the Board, Lee, Les, Jude the Cat etc, you can’t deny that we have already been left behind by our local neighbours, Brentford & Fulham. Being the fourth team in West London might be a position we occupy for the foreseeable future and that isn’t something that sits comfortably with me.
Linford Christie Stadium on 15:19 - Dec 14 with 1833 viewsHayesender

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:45 - Dec 14 by Dixie_CT

Good old Feltham Arena 😬

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2009/12/feltham-feltham-arena.html?m=1

https://mobile.twitter.com/groundtastic/status/1295443620951203854?lang=en-GB

Feltham is not really a hot bed for R’s fans, more old school Chelsea, and definitely not a place you want to spend any time in at all. The Wetherspoons in Feltham is one of the most incredible human zoos in the Western world.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 14:47]

My old man lives in Feltham, and it really is an arse of a place. The wetherspoons you talk of is probably the worst pub I've ever had the misfortune to drink in, and I've been to some shite pubs in my time

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:25 - Dec 14 with 1801 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:19 - Dec 14 by Hayesender

My old man lives in Feltham, and it really is an arse of a place. The wetherspoons you talk of is probably the worst pub I've ever had the misfortune to drink in, and I've been to some shite pubs in my time

Flat roofed?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:28 - Dec 14 with 1791 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:25 - Dec 14 by CamberleyR

Flat roofed?

I went past The Pig and Whistle, Latimer Roadish earlier today and it made me think of the very same thread.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:35 - Dec 14 with 1760 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:25 - Dec 14 by CamberleyR

Flat roofed?

In the metaphoric sense, very much so. In the physical sense, you be the judge

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:40 - Dec 14 with 1744 viewsdmm

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:48 - Dec 14 by Mick_S

Where about in Kensal Rise, David? Some of my family lived on Kempe Road; the house that borders the school playground. Wonderful properties and we had great times round there.

Clifford Gardens, first on the left, just over the bridge, when walking from Kempe Road. It was one of the show houses when the area was built and was a wonderful home. We lived there through the 60s.

I went to the school that your family's house borders. It was then called Harvist Road Junior School.

I have enormous affection for Kensal Rise and occasionally visit just for a nostalgic walk about.
Linford Christie Stadium on 15:49 - Dec 14 with 1706 viewsJuzzie

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:35 - Dec 14 by Dixie_CT

I went to the EE shop there a few years ago, never been back. really is a cesspit.
Linford Christie Stadium on 15:54 - Dec 14 with 1691 viewsTheChef

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:40 - Dec 14 by dmm

Clifford Gardens, first on the left, just over the bridge, when walking from Kempe Road. It was one of the show houses when the area was built and was a wonderful home. We lived there through the 60s.

I went to the school that your family's house borders. It was then called Harvist Road Junior School.

I have enormous affection for Kensal Rise and occasionally visit just for a nostalgic walk about.

Used to often go past Harvist Road and couldn't understand why no one had corrected the spelling mistake

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:02 - Dec 14 with 1654 viewsSonofpugwash

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:57 - Dec 14 by CamberleyR

I'd very much doubt you would have the space between Ellerslie Road and SA Road to rotate the pitch 90 degrees, it is a very tight space.

I believe there was a proposal to extend the SAR to over the road so that traffic could pass through a tunnel.That way just possible to do the 90 degree shift.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:04 - Dec 14 with 1644 viewsdmm

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:54 - Dec 14 by TheChef

Used to often go past Harvist Road and couldn't understand why no one had corrected the spelling mistake

Being one who has always been a shocking speeler, it never occurred to me the spelling was weird.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:11 - Dec 14 with 1618 viewstoboboly

Briefly dated a girl who lived in Feltham, had to walk past there to get to/from the station. Fcking terrifying.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:16 - Dec 14 with 1592 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:02 - Dec 14 by Sonofpugwash

I believe there was a proposal to extend the SAR to over the road so that traffic could pass through a tunnel.That way just possible to do the 90 degree shift.

I’ve always consider an extension over SAR an interesting option. One thing that could be a prohibitive issue would be the impact a build has on light into the flats in Mackay House on the White City.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:18 - Dec 14 with 1581 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:16 - Dec 14 by Dixie_CT

I’ve always consider an extension over SAR an interesting option. One thing that could be a prohibitive issue would be the impact a build has on light into the flats in Mackay House on the White City.

Glass roof and exterior walls would solve that.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 1551 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:40 - Dec 14 by dmm

Have I got this right? Is that the road that winds it’s way towards the Willesden Clock (sort of!)?

My Dad put the deposit down on the Kempe Road house for his family in Cyprus to come over and live in London.

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 1546 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:57 - Dec 14 by ActonExile

How about we convince the council to close SAF road except for buses (only a single carriageway required) between Bloemfontein Road and Batman Close, then buy the school and move 20 yards north and west and we'll have plenty of room for a circa 22k stadium with a bit of corporate.

I agree. All the flats etc can be accessed from behind. Batman Close could be entered from Loftus Rd if they take the barriers at the top end down.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 1541 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:26 - Dec 14 by colinallcars

I agree. All the flats etc can be accessed from behind. Batman Close could be entered from Loftus Rd if they take the barriers at the top end down.

Kapow!

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:38 - Dec 14 with 1491 viewsMick_S

Check that signpost out! Can’t do much round that way, can you? And if you do, they’ve gotcha on camera. I wonder what that road would cost on a shit road Monopoly board game?

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:47 - Dec 14 with 1457 viewsdmm

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:24 - Dec 14 by Mick_S

Have I got this right? Is that the road that winds it’s way towards the Willesden Clock (sort of!)?

My Dad put the deposit down on the Kempe Road house for his family in Cyprus to come over and live in London.

I'm not too sure where you mean by the Willesden Clock. Is it the clock in Harlesden? If so yes, you can meander down taking a few other roads to there.

Here is Clifford Gardens: https://goo.gl/maps/k18JEe1g3YqHeyhu8 As you can see it's just a few minute's walk from Kempe Road.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:49 - Dec 14 with 1446 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:47 - Dec 14 by dmm

I'm not too sure where you mean by the Willesden Clock. Is it the clock in Harlesden? If so yes, you can meander down taking a few other roads to there.

Here is Clifford Gardens: https://goo.gl/maps/k18JEe1g3YqHeyhu8 As you can see it's just a few minute's walk from Kempe Road.

Yes. That’s what happens when you live in suburbia. Jesus, we only went past it about a thousand times. Doh etc.

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:56 - Dec 14 with 1413 viewsswitchingcode

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:45 - Dec 14 by Dixie_CT

Good old Feltham Arena 😬

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2009/12/feltham-feltham-arena.html?m=1

https://mobile.twitter.com/groundtastic/status/1295443620951203854?lang=en-GB

Feltham is not really a hot bed for R’s fans, more old school Chelsea, and definitely not a place you want to spend any time in at all. The Wetherspoons in Feltham is one of the most incredible human zoos in the Western world.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 14:47]

I’m Feltham born and bred and always hoped we would have built a new stadium on the site of the old arena.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:57 - Dec 14 with 1413 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:47 - Dec 14 by dmm

Got that now. That’s how we used to get to Kensal Rise after passing the old Guinness factory, Park Royal Hospital, Mcvities etc

Been a while.

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:12 - Dec 14 with 1378 viewsDixie_CT

Rock’n’Roll - the meeting is on now….and its LIVE!
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:20 - Dec 14 with 1362 viewsDannyPaddox

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:16 - Dec 14 by Dixie_CT

In a Marie Antoinette-style gesture the club could buy all those impacted a few of these; “Let them have light.” Seriously (as I said on a previous page) to the south of the borough Olympia Exhibition Centre is being extended across Hammersmith Road in a very similar fashion as to how the ground could be extended across South Africa Road. There are also residences opposite Olympia.
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:27 - Dec 14 with 1345 viewsHantsR

I worked in Feltham for a couple of years 1978/81 in the Military mapping establishment. Now that was an uninspiring site!
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:33 - Dec 14 with 1330 viewsR_from_afar

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:32 - Dec 14 by colinallcars

Stamford Brook ran into the Thames at Hammersmith Creek which was filled in by the council in, I think, the 30s (never forgiven 'em).
If you're ever drinking in the William Morris in Hammersmith, there's a painting of Hammersmith Creek on the wall. I'm a bit of an artist meself. Well, a piss artist anyway.

To continue the meander off topic, quite a long way off topic:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/three-ancient-rivers-long-buried-by-th

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:34 - Dec 14 with 1329 viewsthemodfather

well it seems the locals at luton dont worry about light etc as we literaly have an entrance there thru two houses! there must be a way to raise ellerslie road another tier to hold 3000? using modern glass to let light thru etc
then maybe SAR for another 3000 . cantilever type?
im amazed this comes up often, and no qpr fan can show a mock design of loftus roadwith added tiers/whatever
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024