Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster Vs Dale 18:24 - Dec 29 with 24723 viewsClivert

I'm assuming that it's available on ifollow tonight, it's not been advertised on the Facebook or Twitter pages though?
Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 3110 viewsRippDale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:10 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

The January window is about to open, and Bentley will have the chance to try to make a difference with whatever limited wriggle room he can find. If, as a result, we're still in with a shout of staying up by say mid-March, there's no way the board would risk a change of manager by that stage

Even if we got to the end of February cut adrift, i honestly can't see how another manager could work a miracle from there. Hilly couldn't do it with Scunny, and we can't afford it apart from anything else

So it's Bentley or bust. Best get behind him

The board have done an amazing job to block the hostile takeover but their footballing decisions haven't been as good. We had several opportunities to get Pete Wild in but went for Stockdale, probably on the back of another good PowerPoint presentation. When we do offer him the job he turns us down as Barrow's budget is double ours and we get an uninspiring appointment.

The squad is so bad it would be difficult for any manager to motivate and improve such a limited set of footballers but tactically we are still as inept. There is no wiggle room but I have no confidence if we had. Hard to judge Lloyd on 2 performances but Quigley is like the journey men footballers we used to sign in the 80s.

The club and whole situation is as depressing as I have ever seen it
Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 3090 viewsD_Alien

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:21 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Oh, and on the defence, would actually look at bringing McNulty back. He’d been playing ok when forced into action after Bentley arrived.

That’s where we are, but you can only work with what you’ve got. At least it would immediately put a leader on the pitch.

I'd do the same, tbh, some leadership is desperately needed and imo part of the reason for the mess we're in is the lack of it from our 'captain'

If i had to identify the biggest error from EBJ it'd be in not appointing his own captain when he took over. Giving EEL a chance not only hasn't worked, it's sending us backwards

Edit: he'll get a chance to rectify this in the window, if he can identify a player (preferably midfield) who won't stand any nonsense from his team-mates - a fresh voice on the pitch
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 3035 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:00 - Dec 29 by Sandyman

Yes, he was one of the worst managers we ever had, if not the worst, but FRMSE has been scathing in his criticism of Dale tonight in his full time assessment, and it's hard to disagree with him. He has really torn into Cameron John. His final word on Dale was "feeble". "Lee" the Dale fan who went to the game and phoned in at full time said all that needed to be said, and said it well. Hope it's available on catch up. Those players need to hear what was said.

And he would know what feeble looks like.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 2934 views442Dale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:27 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I'd do the same, tbh, some leadership is desperately needed and imo part of the reason for the mess we're in is the lack of it from our 'captain'

If i had to identify the biggest error from EBJ it'd be in not appointing his own captain when he took over. Giving EEL a chance not only hasn't worked, it's sending us backwards

Edit: he'll get a chance to rectify this in the window, if he can identify a player (preferably midfield) who won't stand any nonsense from his team-mates - a fresh voice on the pitch
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:42]

With that in mind, and again totally out of necessity, would start Henderson every game and make him captain again.

That’s coming from someone who often thought he wasn’t the best choice for the armband in the past! He might not be doing much, but he’s a presence that affects other teams - as seen on Saturday - so we may as well be playing him than numerous other choices simply because they’re younger.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 2907 viewsDale27

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:32 - Dec 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

And he would know what feeble looks like.

Would like to see a back 4 of Seriki, Graham, McNulty and White at Barrow
Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:44 - Dec 29 with 2895 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:23 - Dec 29 by Newbury_Dale

Is the Quigley regression not just a post 'loan player bounce' ? Typical of a player operating at this level. Starts off well and then falls into a comfort zone.

I dare say if we give Lloyd a contract till the end of the season, his standards will drop too ? For me it's why certain players are playing at this level.

I think Quigley is still suffering from his injury. He doesn't move as freely as he did before and he isn't getting up for high balls as he did earlier. Nobody will admit he's playing injured but he's definitely not the same player.
Unfortunately Kelly has suffered injury when it would help us greatly if it was Odoh and John instead.
A massive clearout is required in Jan otherwise the club is doomed.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 2678 viewsFrog

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:43 - Dec 29 by Dale27

Would like to see a back 4 of Seriki, Graham, McNulty and White at Barrow

Definitely, let Barrow have them and we can start afresh.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 2651 viewsSheffield_dale

Contrary to some posts on here about the game, Seriki was dreadful. Gave the ball away that lead indirectly to two of their goals.

Ball was awful, gives it all the mouth but has the footballing determination of a mouse.

Cameron John asking the fans for more after pulling a goal back 2-1 after a terrible start was rich coming from him. Ethan Ebanks just hoofed it and ran through sludge, crap. Kelly wanted the ball and attempted through balls to Quigley's statue.

Rodney was ok. Keohane was ok when he came on and at least looked for a simple FORWARD pass.

It was a miracle we scored three tonight.

God I miss a Rathbone type player that will run, hassle and play with genuine pride
Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 2586 viewsDale27

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:09 - Dec 29 by Frog

Definitely, let Barrow have them and we can start afresh.

We still wouldn’t win
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 2581 viewsleedsdale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:12 - Dec 29 by Sheffield_dale

Contrary to some posts on here about the game, Seriki was dreadful. Gave the ball away that lead indirectly to two of their goals.

Ball was awful, gives it all the mouth but has the footballing determination of a mouse.

Cameron John asking the fans for more after pulling a goal back 2-1 after a terrible start was rich coming from him. Ethan Ebanks just hoofed it and ran through sludge, crap. Kelly wanted the ball and attempted through balls to Quigley's statue.

Rodney was ok. Keohane was ok when he came on and at least looked for a simple FORWARD pass.

God I miss a Rathbone type player that will run, hassle and play with genuine pride

I agree with pretty much all of that. Kelly played well to say he has been out and for all his faults I would play Kelly as much as possible due to his ability to deliver the type of ball we saw for Sinclair’s goal, and as it will take up a place that Ball might have taken.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:25 - Dec 29 with 2516 views442Dale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:18 - Dec 29 by leedsdale

I agree with pretty much all of that. Kelly played well to say he has been out and for all his faults I would play Kelly as much as possible due to his ability to deliver the type of ball we saw for Sinclair’s goal, and as it will take up a place that Ball might have taken.

We have to try and cut our losses on Ball now. What stood out listening on the radio was that he barely got a mention. It really is Chris Lee all over again, barely involved in general play. Would Solihull want him back on a free, or even take him on loan and pay a percentage of the wage?

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 2468 viewsleedsdale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:25 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

We have to try and cut our losses on Ball now. What stood out listening on the radio was that he barely got a mention. It really is Chris Lee all over again, barely involved in general play. Would Solihull want him back on a free, or even take him on loan and pay a percentage of the wage?

Solihull has to be the first port of call, given he was pretty good for them and given they will want to be consolidating their play off place.

The Max Taylor situation needs resolving too. If he’s fit and the manager really doesn’t fancy him then he has to go on loan at least
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:30 - Dec 29 with 2466 views49thseason

We have now lost 12 games by a single goal. If you dont score goals you cant win games.. if we are going out of the League lets at least do it trying to score more than the opposition... surely we must win a few games if we just adopt an all out attack policy.... 4 2 4... bollocks to playing through midfield... just boot it up the pitch!
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:33 - Dec 29 with 2433 views49thseason

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:29 - Dec 29 by leedsdale

Solihull has to be the first port of call, given he was pretty good for them and given they will want to be consolidating their play off place.

The Max Taylor situation needs resolving too. If he’s fit and the manager really doesn’t fancy him then he has to go on loan at least

Play Taylor at centre forward...he's quicker than Quigley. Send Quigley back to Stockport.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 2422 views442Dale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:33 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

Play Taylor at centre forward...he's quicker than Quigley. Send Quigley back to Stockport.

He’s also not a striker.

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:39 - Dec 29 with 2406 views442Dale

The Radio Manchester interview sounds interesting…

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:46 - Dec 29 with 2375 views49thseason

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:35 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

He’s also not a striker.

Neither is Quigley, but I'll bet Taylor is a better footballer. He certainly wouldnt be the first centre half to become a striker.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 00:00 - Dec 30 with 2305 views442Dale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:46 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

Neither is Quigley, but I'll bet Taylor is a better footballer. He certainly wouldnt be the first centre half to become a striker.

Name five in the last decade. The game has changed, we need strikers playing up front who know how to score goals.

Would we want to leave Quigley out in the form he’s in? Yes. But if we do it’s Henderson who should replace him as he did to reasonably good effect in Oct/Nov. Is that a perfect solution? No. Getting Campbell back will help, but again it’s not exactly going to make us world beaters overnight.

Unfortunately that’s where we are. Making the most of limited resources. That wouldn’t include playing a centre half who has barely featured for the club in the last year and who has no record of playing up front (is there evidence?), as a centre forward.

Keohane would be ahead of him, purely on the fact he has proven he is a good finisher in the box.

Doncaster Vs Dale on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 2260 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Doncaster Vs Dale on 22:10 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

The January window is about to open, and Bentley will have the chance to try to make a difference with whatever limited wriggle room he can find. If, as a result, we're still in with a shout of staying up by say mid-March, there's no way the board would risk a change of manager by that stage

Even if we got to the end of February cut adrift, i honestly can't see how another manager could work a miracle from there. Hilly couldn't do it with Scunny, and we can't afford it apart from anything else

So it's Bentley or bust. Best get behind him

Gonna try and answer things from my eyesight (ok some of you might say i should go specsavers)
It is Bentley or Bust. Club obviously has no money so we can’t afford to pay another Manager off.
Lets say it was £100k to get rid of Stockdale and Shan. Would anybody have trusted them in spending that money wisely ? Not sure I would.
We are in a very bad place. No money a naive Board and no talent on the pitch.
Very worrying situation
Doncaster Vs Dale on 00:40 - Dec 30 with 2182 viewsbluevein64

Doncaster Vs Dale on 23:12 - Dec 29 by Sheffield_dale

I want to echo Leeds's agreement with your post Sheffield - and add that Pigs ears and Silk purses comes to my mind - this squad of players are giving /have given everything they've got, this is as good (or as bad to be more precise) as it will ever get, they've reached the lowly limits of their footballing skill sets, ability, grit, determination, will to win, passion and so on and so forth!
No amount of training, coaching, practice , bullying, encouraging and/or arm around shoulder man management will result in any of these players ever improving , that's it, that your lot - there'll never be any Silk Purses just Pigs ears making a good living pretending to be professional footballers!
Doncaster Vs Dale on 06:48 - Dec 30 with 1942 viewsJames1980

Couple of questions I have. How does someone become a professional or even semi professional footballer if they have an absolute dirth of talent, confidence, grit and determination?

What is the point in leaving so many back for set pieces, if we are going to end up conceding anyway? Might as well leave more players further up so we could have more to attack on the break if we win the ball after the set piece has been taken.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Doncaster Vs Dale on 08:08 - Dec 30 with 1811 viewsCedar_Room

Once again in his interview Bentley talks about bringing in 1 or 2 players in the transfer window. 1 or 2. You can only assume this is an issue of resources because what is needed is a total overhaul of that squad. I cannot for the life of me believe that 1 or 2 additions is going to turn our fortunes around. It needs 5+. You have to think Bentley is aware of that and yet it seems the money is only going to be there for 1 or 2. That’s not going to be enough. That’s not going to make the difference when 8 or 9 of your starting XI have proven themselves week in week out this season to be not good enough at this level. So there’s also a big question here for the Board. Look where we are. Look at our performances. Look at this group of players. As things stand we are dead certs for relegation. Now look at the National league and where the teams relegated last season from L2 are. Have a good think about how we’d fare in that division with our already limited fan base when there will be plenty of teams getting bigger crowds and having more resources than us. How do you think it’s going to go? I’ve never before wanted the club to gamble our future by spending money we don’t have but if we don’t take a gamble now the position we are in could surely result in much much worse times to come. Getting this window right may well determine this clubs future for the next 10 years.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 08:40 - Dec 30 with 1713 viewsDalenet

Doncaster Vs Dale on 06:48 - Dec 30 by James1980

Couple of questions I have. How does someone become a professional or even semi professional footballer if they have an absolute dirth of talent, confidence, grit and determination?

What is the point in leaving so many back for set pieces, if we are going to end up conceding anyway? Might as well leave more players further up so we could have more to attack on the break if we win the ball after the set piece has been taken.

If you watched Bentley's post match interview James (see above) he is almost asking the same. A couple of months ago we weren't conceding. People did their jobs. He doesn't want to leave people up the park when defending set pieces because he doesn't have confidence that everybody can do those jobs. But we had become better at managing the threats.

Bentley is very frustrated. His comment that "footballers get everything nowadays" tells us all we need to know. These players aren't good enough or don't care. Where we we sometimes struggled with skill in the past, we always had players that cared and would put their body on the line. Rathbone being a great example. Its shit or bust now. We have to find 3 or 4 players to fight for the club because this lot won't.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 09:03 - Dec 30 with 1617 viewsfourfourtwo

If we really are as skint as we are making out, then the only viable solution is to source some funding.

Get an EGM called, re-mortgage the ground if needs be, then then release a sensible amount of funds, on sensible terms & get it invested in the squad.

I would rather have a club, with a mortgage, playing in the football league who therefore has a much greater chance to increase revenue due to a better chance of success in promotion & cup runs etc

We cannot just slide into non-league obscurity with such a lack of fight or effort. We have to do something big in January or we’ve really had it.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 09:11 - Dec 30 with 1574 viewsFrog

Probably the worst batch of signings I have ever seen, do we actually have "scouts" or are they a thing of the past? If we do, they need sacking and some new ones, who actually know what they're doing, employing. This is the first time since the mid 80's that I've thought we are doomed to be dumped out of the Football League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024