Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster Vs Dale 18:24 - Dec 29 with 24733 viewsClivert

I'm assuming that it's available on ifollow tonight, it's not been advertised on the Facebook or Twitter pages though?
Doncaster Vs Dale on 15:55 - Dec 30 with 3264 viewsfourfourtwo

Please tell me this isn’t true about Quigley giving the fans grief after we equalised?

Absolutely unbelievable if true given his performances over the last few weeks.

This squad is an absolute car-crash of ego’s & bad attitudes.

How any of them have the gall to even so much as get cocky with fans after the way they’ve performed all season is actually laughable.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 16:14 - Dec 30 with 3140 viewskel

Doncaster Vs Dale on 15:55 - Dec 30 by fourfourtwo

Please tell me this isn’t true about Quigley giving the fans grief after we equalised?

How any of them have the gall to even so much as get cocky with fans after the way they’ve performed all season is actually laughable.

I saw him cupping his ears on ifoller towards the fans and someone who I presume was at the game mentioned he was giving it the old mouth action with his hand towards somebody.

Sums this lot up I’m afraid.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 16:42 - Dec 30 with 3051 viewsBrierls

Doncaster Vs Dale on 15:55 - Dec 30 by fourfourtwo

Quigley’s celebration was certainly animated. It wasn’t like Ball at Accrington, I thought it was more “come on, let’s hear the support”. I could be wrong, he may have been giving some back.

Either way, he’s not doing enough to be gesturing and wanting more from the support!!
Doncaster Vs Dale on 18:15 - Dec 30 with 2889 viewselectricblue

Doncaster Vs Dale on 15:06 - Dec 30 by Brierls

That wasn’t as explosive as I’d hoped! Can’t disagree with anything Jim has said, can’t help but feel a few need throwing under the bus to enforce a no tolerance approach.

Make a statement.

Call out O’Donnell for getting beat from free kicks.
Remove EEL as captain.
Get rid of Ball who does a lot with his mouth but nothing with his feet.
Call out Odoh for having zero end product.
Challenge Quigley to be the player he was when he signed.

Tulloch, Malley, Slicker will be the obvious choices of who will have gone back to their parent clubs thus freeing up an amount in wages.
Odoh can go for me he just dont have it to beat the last man, he gets the ball runs and then stops to pass back not good enough and Lloyd as shown more.

I also think that Nelson will go back and Taylor if fit may be allowed to leave along with Brierley..
Many like myself would like Brierley to stay(maybe he leaves for another club he could be loaned back).
Im hoping that JB can bring in 3 players for the middle....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Doncaster Vs Dale on 02:58 - Dec 31 with 2574 viewsBazzanne

After watching Jim Bentley's interview Ihave to say how sorry I felt for him. The point that stood out to me was how they had trained for a couple of days in defending corners etc and balls in the box. Unfortunately after they cross the white line it's all forgotten and out of his hands. Harsh words at half time probably fell on deaf ears. Our squad is full of don't cares or too old to cares. Not one of them is earning their wages. Some not good enough some past their use by date. My big concern is the drop. If it happens I think that's the the end of Dale. We won't have the finances to compete even at National League level, so it's sh1t or bust from now on.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 09:39 - Dec 31 with 2403 viewsFrog

Doncaster Vs Dale on 02:58 - Dec 31 by Bazzanne

After watching Jim Bentley's interview Ihave to say how sorry I felt for him. The point that stood out to me was how they had trained for a couple of days in defending corners etc and balls in the box. Unfortunately after they cross the white line it's all forgotten and out of his hands. Harsh words at half time probably fell on deaf ears. Our squad is full of don't cares or too old to cares. Not one of them is earning their wages. Some not good enough some past their use by date. My big concern is the drop. If it happens I think that's the the end of Dale. We won't have the finances to compete even at National League level, so it's sh1t or bust from now on.

Agree with you. If we go down I think we may go even further down. This squad is not even National League standard and without some investment, it hurts me to say it, but our days are numbered. I saw us pull off the great escape of '86 but that side seemed to want it more than this current lot, that was also kick started with a couple of signings that made a real difference. Just hope we can do it again 🤞
Doncaster Vs Dale on 10:38 - Dec 31 with 2315 viewselectricblue

Doncaster Vs Dale on 09:39 - Dec 31 by Frog

Agree with you. If we go down I think we may go even further down. This squad is not even National League standard and without some investment, it hurts me to say it, but our days are numbered. I saw us pull off the great escape of '86 but that side seemed to want it more than this current lot, that was also kick started with a couple of signings that made a real difference. Just hope we can do it again 🤞

Unless JB can get a few loanees in that can help gel the starting 11 then Dales league status may well come to an end..

Doncaster Vs Dale on 12:14 - Dec 31 with 2197 viewsNorthernDale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 18:15 - Dec 30 by electricblue

Tulloch, Malley, Slicker will be the obvious choices of who will have gone back to their parent clubs thus freeing up an amount in wages.
Odoh can go for me he just dont have it to beat the last man, he gets the ball runs and then stops to pass back not good enough and Lloyd as shown more.

I also think that Nelson will go back and Taylor if fit may be allowed to leave along with Brierley..
Many like myself would like Brierley to stay(maybe he leaves for another club he could be loaned back).
Im hoping that JB can bring in 3 players for the middle....

After Bentley's comments after Doncaster, I can also see Seriki going as well, along with Nelson, Slicker, Tulloch and possibly Malley, which would allowus to bring three in, either on loan or permanent signings.

I can see Brierley being sold and Taylor going out on loan, which benefit him, in the same way it as benefited Graham. The must be questions around Ball, do we look to overload him to a conference team and god knows what is going on with Campbell, is on the way back or not, if he needs match fitness, send him on loan and save a wage or part of his wage.

We need a right back, we are not short of central defenders (Mcnulty, EEL, John, Graham, Taylor), but the question is do we need a Central Defender to bring some leadership to the back four. The final signing needs to be in midfield, I cannot see any more then three coming in, unless we can offload a few more.
Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster Vs Dale on 14:04 - Dec 31 with 2060 viewselectricblue

Doncaster Vs Dale on 12:14 - Dec 31 by NorthernDale

After Bentley's comments after Doncaster, I can also see Seriki going as well, along with Nelson, Slicker, Tulloch and possibly Malley, which would allowus to bring three in, either on loan or permanent signings.

I can see Brierley being sold and Taylor going out on loan, which benefit him, in the same way it as benefited Graham. The must be questions around Ball, do we look to overload him to a conference team and god knows what is going on with Campbell, is on the way back or not, if he needs match fitness, send him on loan and save a wage or part of his wage.

We need a right back, we are not short of central defenders (Mcnulty, EEL, John, Graham, Taylor), but the question is do we need a Central Defender to bring some leadership to the back four. The final signing needs to be in midfield, I cannot see any more then three coming in, unless we can offload a few more.

I can see JB sticking with Seriki unless he as somebody lined up.
I would rather see John loaned out than Seriki leave as Keobane and White can cover the full back roles....
A Paul McShane type player would be good for the back four line with EEL getting dropped..
I would not be surprised if Kelly leaves in Jan with Brierley.

The problem is the midfield teams seem to just stroll through, Lloyd can replace Odoh on either wing.
3 centre midfielders as Toums and Ball want Dropping to the bench.

As mengioned Quiggley is not the same player prior to his injury and based on his current form i wouldnt sign him in the summer.....

Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:37 - Dec 31 with 1804 viewsCedar_Room

Doncaster Vs Dale on 12:41 - Dec 30 by AllDaleArentWe

I’m sorry but I have to disagree with your last point. Let’s say we did somehow miraculously survive this season what makes you think anything would change next season. The club needs some serious outside investment and fast. Even in the national league there’s probably 15+ teams with more money than us. And they’re even considering another relegation place for league 2 so 3 teams go down. If (and it’s a massive if) we did survive this season, it would just be delaying the inevitable unless we get some outside investment.

After everything we’ve been through in the past 18 months I find it utterly extraordinary that people are calling for outside investment in the club. Have you learned nothing??? What money exactly is there to be made from investing in Rochdale AFC? How exactly is anyone going to get a return on their investment? The only outcome I see from outside investment is a business man with no loyalty to the club or the town having a hold over the clubs future and unless they are happy to lose money hand over fist year after year eventually the debt is going to have to be repaid and that will mean selling off the only assets we have (the ground). Which spells the end of the club as we know it. For me it’s a disaster waiting to happen. Instead we have to live and die based on the model of developing players to sell on for profit. At least that way the future is in our own hands.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:43 - Dec 31 with 1764 viewsD_Alien

Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:37 - Dec 31 by Cedar_Room

After everything we’ve been through in the past 18 months I find it utterly extraordinary that people are calling for outside investment in the club. Have you learned nothing??? What money exactly is there to be made from investing in Rochdale AFC? How exactly is anyone going to get a return on their investment? The only outcome I see from outside investment is a business man with no loyalty to the club or the town having a hold over the clubs future and unless they are happy to lose money hand over fist year after year eventually the debt is going to have to be repaid and that will mean selling off the only assets we have (the ground). Which spells the end of the club as we know it. For me it’s a disaster waiting to happen. Instead we have to live and die based on the model of developing players to sell on for profit. At least that way the future is in our own hands.

That's a perfectly valid argument

Unfortunately, the Board of Directors may well have come to the end of their ability to sustain that vision. They're the ones in charge, and they've earned the right to draw their own conclusions. Railing against it isn't going to solve anything

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:47 - Dec 31 with 1749 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Doncaster Vs Dale on 11:06 - Dec 30 by Dalenet

The current Board used their own personal cash savings to pay off Morton House and buy shares back. That money wouldn't be used to invest in the playing squad as the Board said at the time that they would need to sell on those shares to recover the cash as none of them can afford to lose it indefinately.

As for the mortgage repayment- I guess that helps the cashflow of the club given where interest rates are heading. But there is a black hole.

If we can survive in the EFL this season, we have at least £1.5m of income next year that we won't have if we get relegated. So investing in some players in January would be a good investment even if it meant we were needing to pay them into next season. Trying to find 3 or 4 players on short term contracts probably won't bring the quality we need. Alternatively we go to the loan market. Does Bentley have enough contacts for loan deals - surely some of the Championship clubs in the north would prefer to see us survive and help cover some loan costs.

The club has to do all it can to galvanise the town now and get some support. Back us or lose us. Market ticket deals and half season tickets to bring say £50k in. Advertise 2023 season tickets in March if that is needed to bring cash into the club to get through this season (can't believe I am saying that). What is the Trust's plan to acquire some more shares - at the Trust AGM there was a plea not to fund raise. But is that sensible?

I may have missed some things here but surely if the shares were purchased illegally, without the clubs consent or against efl rules then the whole transaction should have been reversed and the shareholders that sold them should have been forced to buy them back or MH. The whole thing appears to be very dubious. If Roger was behind it all then he is guilty of all sorts and the 2 year ban should have been the least of his worries. If the board were forced to buy the shares back in order to avoid further FA sanctions then that needs to be out in the open. If this had took place at a Properly listed company there would be hell to pay!

“To raise some of the required capital to face these challenges, the club issued 396,942 shares in October 2021, raising nearly £0.8m. In November 2022, shareholders again authorised the Board of Directors to issue up to another 450,000 shares in the club, to be sold at not less than £2.35 a share, which will raise £1.06m” so where did this go? Who bought the shares, who now owns the shares? If this has been covered already my apologies but trying to raise 2m quid in 15 months shows something is majorly wrong and we need to know what.

Respect to the board for what they have done re MH but how the hell have things got this out of hand? If we are spending 40k a week more than is coming in it’s utterly unsustainable.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Doncaster Vs Dale on 18:00 - Dec 31 with 1685 views442Dale

Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:43 - Dec 31 by D_Alien

That's a perfectly valid argument

Unfortunately, the Board of Directors may well have come to the end of their ability to sustain that vision. They're the ones in charge, and they've earned the right to draw their own conclusions. Railing against it isn't going to solve anything

As long as get transparency throughout, then fans can begin to understand the total change in approach. It can’t be denied that we were focused on being a fan owned club, and unless the investor we attract is a Dale supporter this looks to be a move away from that. It’s possible future reassurances will show that being fan-led is still a priority.

We do know that this season we built a squad within an agreed budget to ensure the club continued to live within its means, it’s how that money was used. So maybe investment doesn’t automatically mean we have to increase budgets to compete on the pitch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Doncaster Vs Dale on 18:38 - Dec 31 with 1578 viewsDalenet

Doncaster Vs Dale on 17:47 - Dec 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

I may have missed some things here but surely if the shares were purchased illegally, without the clubs consent or against efl rules then the whole transaction should have been reversed and the shareholders that sold them should have been forced to buy them back or MH. The whole thing appears to be very dubious. If Roger was behind it all then he is guilty of all sorts and the 2 year ban should have been the least of his worries. If the board were forced to buy the shares back in order to avoid further FA sanctions then that needs to be out in the open. If this had took place at a Properly listed company there would be hell to pay!

“To raise some of the required capital to face these challenges, the club issued 396,942 shares in October 2021, raising nearly £0.8m. In November 2022, shareholders again authorised the Board of Directors to issue up to another 450,000 shares in the club, to be sold at not less than £2.35 a share, which will raise £1.06m” so where did this go? Who bought the shares, who now owns the shares? If this has been covered already my apologies but trying to raise 2m quid in 15 months shows something is majorly wrong and we need to know what.

Respect to the board for what they have done re MH but how the hell have things got this out of hand? If we are spending 40k a week more than is coming in it’s utterly unsustainable.

The first £800k in shares was acquired by fans, I presume new directors and some old shareholders. The second issuance of 450,000 has not sold - just 20,000 shares have been sold to date. The first £0.8m appears to have been eaten up to cover operating costs. Even if we had sold the new issuance of 450,000 shares, it seems the cash wouldn't last a year. Relegation from League One has cost us dearly, and the continued decline and no success in cup competitions is killing revenue. We need another 2700 on the gate just to break even. Not surprised really as most clubs in League Two get twice the gates we do and still make losses.
Doncaster Vs Dale on 19:59 - Dec 31 with 1456 viewsEllDale

Perhaps the legal action against a former employee is partially an attempt to recoup some money gained from illegal share sales?
I know that this is sub judice but just a thought?
Doncaster Vs Dale on 20:03 - Dec 31 with 1441 viewsJames1980

Doncaster Vs Dale on 19:59 - Dec 31 by EllDale

Perhaps the legal action against a former employee is partially an attempt to recoup some money gained from illegal share sales?

Entirely surmising here but I wonder if sponsors weren't contacted because information to do so had been deleted.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Doncaster Vs Dale on 20:48 - Dec 31 with 1373 viewsturnthescrew

Doncaster Vs Dale on 19:59 - Dec 31 by EllDale

When did anyone appear at court? Surely we would have known..
Doncaster Vs Dale on 11:06 - Jan 1 with 1062 viewsNorthernDale

I was wondering about the court case, because the person in question as cost the board and club nearly £ 1 million through is actions, that is besides having a EFL fine and suspended 6 point deduction imposed upon the club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 11:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024