Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 145624 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:19 - Jan 31 with 3602 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:59 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

Rather hilarious that we're offloading our reserve left back when our regular one has picked up an injury. Says everything about how he's rated by the manager (as seen on Saturday when JCS came on instead).

He is being offloaded because he has consistently failed to impress wherever and whenever he has played except maybe at Kilmarnock. All those managers, head coaches and fans at the clubs have spotted what Our DoF failed to and that is that Hamalainen is not good enough.

How some players got professional deals whilst others failed is often down to who you know or just good fortune. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

As for not signing anyone else I am disappointed, but maybe we might get lucky and see some youngster given a chance to surprise us all.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 10:22]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 3568 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:08 - Jan 31 by dmm

With players leaving, persistent injuries and little chance of any signings, it's looking likely we'll be seeing some of the youngsters making the bench and getting a bit of game time.

aaron drewe looked half decent when he played
pedere seems to be doing ok

ill give anyone a go if they show some effort unlike the majorty did on sat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 3490 viewsDannyPaddox

If anyone on here can play centre-forward and has free-time at the weekends. Even for just 20 minutes on a Saturday. Please let the club know.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 10:31]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:41 - Jan 31 with 3402 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:19 - Jan 31 by stanistheman

He is being offloaded because he has consistently failed to impress wherever and whenever he has played except maybe at Kilmarnock. All those managers, head coaches and fans at the clubs have spotted what Our DoF failed to and that is that Hamalainen is not good enough.

How some players got professional deals whilst others failed is often down to who you know or just good fortune. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

As for not signing anyone else I am disappointed, but maybe we might get lucky and see some youngster given a chance to surprise us all.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 10:22]

Hamalainen is one that showed substantial promise that even led to a few international appearances and a squad place at the Euros. Unfortunately, something has gone wrong with him, possibly mentally, and he seems to have got worse rather than improving.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 3369 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:41 - Jan 31 by francisbowles

Hamalainen is one that showed substantial promise that even led to a few international appearances and a squad place at the Euros. Unfortunately, something has gone wrong with him, possibly mentally, and he seems to have got worse rather than improving.

His problem has been consistent all the way through - he's not nasty enough. Waaaaaay too weak, passive, insipid.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 3297 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Jan 31 by Northernr

His problem has been consistent all the way through - he's not nasty enough. Waaaaaay too weak, passive, insipid.

Agreed. That and a lack of tactical nous.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:25 - Jan 31 with 3120 viewsted_hendrix

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:51 - Jan 31 by francisbowles

Agreed. That and a lack of tactical nous.

On top of that he's bloody useless..

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 3063 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:25 - Jan 31 by ted_hendrix

On top of that he's bloody useless..

prob been unlucky to see all of his chnces for us ,

weak as feck
cant / wont tackle
wont cross
postional sense worst ive seen
he has the best agent in the world , lesser players would be playing sunday league by now

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:40 - Jan 31 with 3009 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:41 - Jan 31 by francisbowles

He looked quite good at first when he came in during the lockdown season but as Clive said was very passive and quickly started to struggle.

A player likely to feature in the Euros a few months later and who was first choice left back at the time a new contract made a lot of sense. We also gave Kakay and Dieng longer deals the same week, the Dieng one gets no credit at all for someone who had never played for us before when people like to throw stick at the club for Niko.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 2923 viewsSuperhoop83

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Jan 31 by Northernr

He's so lightweight he makes Armand Traore look like Mark Dennis.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 11:50]

Suffering since 1978.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:52 - Jan 31 with 2900 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:40 - Jan 31 by daveB

He looked quite good at first when he came in during the lockdown season but as Clive said was very passive and quickly started to struggle.

A player likely to feature in the Euros a few months later and who was first choice left back at the time a new contract made a lot of sense. We also gave Kakay and Dieng longer deals the same week, the Dieng one gets no credit at all for someone who had never played for us before when people like to throw stick at the club for Niko.

he was first choice as he was the only fit defnder we had , hes robber a career from us hate slagging players off but he is truelly awful

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 2699 viewsR_from_afar

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:22 - Jan 31 by wombat

aaron drewe looked half decent when he played
pedere seems to be doing ok

ill give anyone a go if they show some effort unlike the majorty did on sat

I totally agree. There is a huge opportunity for the youngsters at the moment, pretty much all the places in the starting eleven (maybe not Dieng's) are up for grabs.

If I were Critchley I would be having a quiet word with each youngster individually, saying that the way the team has been playing, there is a fabulous opportunity to grab, and keep, a starting place. Hopefully, he or one of the other coaches has already done that.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:16 - Jan 31 with 2686 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:40 - Jan 31 by daveB

Partially agree - but everyone on here was absolutely shocked when it was a 4 year deal.
It was a panicky deal done in the wake of the BOS/Manning situations as I remember it. I'm sure it was cheap, but the length of deal was a bit insane.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:18 - Jan 31 with 2666 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:52 - Jan 31 by wombat

he was first choice as he was the only fit defnder we had , hes robber a career from us hate slagging players off but he is truelly awful

I was going to point that out too about being the only fit lb at the club but scrolled down first.

He never really looked ok. I thought this when he came on as a sub for his debut in a league cup tie against a L1 or L2 club.

Well done to the DoF for seeing that Dieng was a good keeper after rave reviews for his performances on loan at Doncaster!!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 2586 viewsEastR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:30 - Jan 31 by DannyPaddox

If anyone on here can play centre-forward and has free-time at the weekends. Even for just 20 minutes on a Saturday. Please let the club know.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 10:31]

Its time to look beyond the B Team, bypass the youth set up and call up the latent talent that is ASB

there'd be goals galore

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:36 - Jan 31 with 2520 viewsdmm

Hamalainen signed for us in September 2014, has played 33 senior games, and apparently achieved 1 assist. I can't quite believe he's been in our employ all this time.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:39 - Jan 31 with 2474 viewssteveo04

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:36 - Jan 31 by dmm

Hamalainen signed for us in September 2014, has played 33 senior games, and apparently achieved 1 assist. I can't quite believe he's been in our employ all this time.

I saw a stat that ozzy been here 8 years and only made 80 appearances
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:47 - Jan 31 with 2374 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:39 - Jan 31 by steveo04

I saw a stat that ozzy been here 8 years and only made 80 appearances

No, Kakay has been at the club since the age of 8. Signed his first QPR contract in 2015. Played 81 games; scored 2 and assisted 3.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:47 - Jan 31 with 2373 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:16 - Jan 31 by Antti_Heinola

Partially agree - but everyone on here was absolutely shocked when it was a 4 year deal.
It was a panicky deal done in the wake of the BOS/Manning situations as I remember it. I'm sure it was cheap, but the length of deal was a bit insane.

length of the deal was too long, I thought the same about Dieng and Kakay as well but as you say was in response to Manning/BOS issue which made offer longer.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 2336 viewssteveo04

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:47 - Jan 31 by dmm

No, Kakay has been at the club since the age of 8. Signed his first QPR contract in 2015. Played 81 games; scored 2 and assisted 3.

So he played 81 games then in 8 years
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:52 - Jan 31 with 2308 viewstkqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:33 - Jan 31 by wombat

prob been unlucky to see all of his chnces for us ,

weak as feck
cant / wont tackle
wont cross
postional sense worst ive seen
he has the best agent in the world , lesser players would be playing sunday league by now

He likes the idea of being a footballer .....however he's not a winner.

You need a team of winners, competetive men that dont like losing at anything, football, tindlywink whatever.

In some respects your level of ability is not paramount, (see Derry, Hill etc) its your desire, hunger, passion and appetite for a battle every game you play.

You can see it in Field, Chair & Dunne, maybe a couple of others to a lesser degree but i would say its lacking certainly in Nico and quite a few others.

ITs a job for Critchley that achieved what he did with Blackpool as he probably surrounded himself with these types. Maybe we have too many 'flair' players and not enough winners? -

ps realise now this is not transfer talk on such a poignant day, but it doesnt look like we are in for anyone anyway.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:01 - Jan 31 with 2212 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:52 - Jan 31 by tkqpr

He likes the idea of being a footballer .....however he's not a winner.

You need a team of winners, competetive men that dont like losing at anything, football, tindlywink whatever.

In some respects your level of ability is not paramount, (see Derry, Hill etc) its your desire, hunger, passion and appetite for a battle every game you play.

You can see it in Field, Chair & Dunne, maybe a couple of others to a lesser degree but i would say its lacking certainly in Nico and quite a few others.

ITs a job for Critchley that achieved what he did with Blackpool as he probably surrounded himself with these types. Maybe we have too many 'flair' players and not enough winners? -

ps realise now this is not transfer talk on such a poignant day, but it doesnt look like we are in for anyone anyway.

see an old target of ours steve cook is looking to sent out on loan at florist. right sort of player not much pace but would be leader on the pitch , shame we are full of beals boys on the loan front

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 2126 viewstkqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:01 - Jan 31 by wombat

see an old target of ours steve cook is looking to sent out on loan at florist. right sort of player not much pace but would be leader on the pitch , shame we are full of beals boys on the loan front

I wouldn't of suggested CB is our priority at present, clean sheets, yes please, but other areas of the pitch need addressing. CF & LB dont you think?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 2083 viewsdanehoop

Hamalainen on paper made sense. He plays in a position that isn't always full of options and was marked by Finland FA's as basically being an emerging talent in 2015. On top of that he was relatively cheap. He has international caps (including a win against the Republic of Ireland) and seemed to have some success on loan in Scotland as a youngster. Trouble after that seems to be in reality the player hasn't actually developed much beyond that emerging youth talent from 7 years ago. Various managers have tried him, but overall he remains largely anonymous in most games he plays and I think Clive hits the nail on the head with areas that he is lacking, whatever his technical skills might be.

Never knowingly understood

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:25 - Jan 31 with 1925 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/kenneth-zohore-departs-hawthorns

Worth a look when needs must???

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024