Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 144645 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 7232 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:12 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

Typical nonsense transfer "story"

Surely, all clubs, "monitor" loads of players all the time.

Throw in the odd "potential" and "possible" and you have a story.

Will seem sacrilege to some - but still not sure he's a PL GK just yet.

Edit - Just seen AH's post and yes agree that may be the route he takes - sad really - suspect it will be like Smithies and Freeman - earn PL money but see your game time dry up almost completely.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 16:16]

Yersss... although i would understand anyone swapping mid table champ for cup games in the prem to be honest, at least for a few seasons.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:23 - Jan 18 with 7196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:17 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

Once Brian has dried his eyes, interesting to hear what our GK expert thinks of Seny's suitability for the top div?

Over to you BM

Very simple, Paul, I think he's excellent. Without a significant flaw in his game.

I don't watch much Premier League football but from what I've seen he'd be good enough for most teams as a first choice.

I think he's our best keeper since Seaman. And there's an argument that he's better.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:29 - Jan 18 with 7146 viewsPinnerPaul

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:23 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Very simple, Paul, I think he's excellent. Without a significant flaw in his game.

I don't watch much Premier League football but from what I've seen he'd be good enough for most teams as a first choice.

I think he's our best keeper since Seaman. And there's an argument that he's better.

Fair enough Brian, respect that.

Don't totally agree but defer to your experience/knowledge.

Will be interesting to see where this/he ends up.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:30 - Jan 18 with 7121 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:29 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough Brian, respect that.

Don't totally agree but defer to your experience/knowledge.

Will be interesting to see where this/he ends up.

It's all just opinions, Paul!
No worries.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:18 - Jan 18 with 6760 viewsMick_S

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:48 - Jan 16 by daveB

I think he's gone to Hull on loan

He’ll be back. Ahem.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:20 - Jan 18 with 6434 viewsswisscottage

He's not been beaten from the halfway line yet .. so that's one in his favour.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:05 - Jan 19 with 5743 viewsA40Bosh

Brian, I was beginning to worry that he had started to develop a "wandering out too far" flaw in the last month or so when he was caught off way off his line for two goals and a couple of near misses I seem to remember. Before that I was thinking he was pretty much prefect or thereabouts in all areas. Hopefully it was a temporary blip and a couple of fluke goals more than it down to his positional play.

My concern for him is that he isn't invincible and the last thing I would want for his confidence is he going to a top team and coming off the bench for someone like Spuds early next season and 10mins later we have to listen to Neville spouting off usual "I would want my goalkeeper to be saving that" and "Dieng will know that he should have done better" and "It's clear that Spurs are not the same without Hugo".

Better for him if he goes somewhere less high profile in the Prem first and prove himself as "solid" and then perhaps get a better move.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 5216 viewsNorthLondonR

after this Lloris display, those Seny rumours may just intensify..
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:51 - Jan 19 with 5081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:05 - Jan 19 by A40Bosh

Brian, I was beginning to worry that he had started to develop a "wandering out too far" flaw in the last month or so when he was caught off way off his line for two goals and a couple of near misses I seem to remember. Before that I was thinking he was pretty much prefect or thereabouts in all areas. Hopefully it was a temporary blip and a couple of fluke goals more than it down to his positional play.

My concern for him is that he isn't invincible and the last thing I would want for his confidence is he going to a top team and coming off the bench for someone like Spuds early next season and 10mins later we have to listen to Neville spouting off usual "I would want my goalkeeper to be saving that" and "Dieng will know that he should have done better" and "It's clear that Spurs are not the same without Hugo".

Better for him if he goes somewhere less high profile in the Prem first and prove himself as "solid" and then perhaps get a better move.

"Brian, I was beginning to worry that he had started to develop a "wandering out too far" flaw in the last month or so when he was caught off way off his line for two goals and a couple of near misses I seem to remember. Before that I was thinking he was pretty much prefect or thereabouts in all areas. Hopefully it was a temporary blip and a couple of fluke goals more than it down to his positional play."

I think that's a legitimate concern, Bosh, but I think there was an element of fluke to one, if not both of those goals. Also, I don't think they were down to a technical flaw in his game and could be easily sorted by a tactical tweak.

I agree about the dangers of moving to the Premier League. While we may think he's good enough, there can be a bias against players coming from the Championship and/or "smaller" clubs so he might not get the kudos and time he would deserve.

But I think goalies are a tough breed and a good goalie coach will harden them to criticism, particularly from ex-outfield players.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 22:07 - Jan 19 with 5034 viewsHarbour

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:25 - Jan 19 by NorthLondonR

after this Lloris display, those Seny rumours may just intensify..

Henderson crocked at Forest.. they are after replacement suggest we ask £50m for Seny..they can afford it apparently!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:25 - Jan 20 with 4645 viewsstevec

I’ve just read that we’ve turned down a £3 million offer from Millwall to buy Dykes! Apparently Burnley and Stoke interested too. Are they mad?

This could be the day me and the daily mail part company.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 4259 viewsPinnerPaul

Nottm Forest have just signed Chris Wood for £15M - of course they have!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:07 - Jan 20 with 4075 viewsPlanetHonneywood

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Jan 20 by PinnerPaul

Funny!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:29 - Jan 20 with 3965 viewsNorthLondonR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Jan 20 by PinnerPaul

Nottinghamshire based striker incoming at Olympiakos at a massively inflated rate in which case
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:47 - Jan 21 with 3527 viewsderbyhoop

We've now released Faysal Bettache.
High hopes for him 2 years ago but he's gone backwards during various loan spells. Odyssey Alfa and George Thomas to follow?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 3498 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:47 - Jan 21 by derbyhoop

We've now released Faysal Bettache.
High hopes for him 2 years ago but he's gone backwards during various loan spells. Odyssey Alfa and George Thomas to follow?

Thank goodness we've got Iliad Chair, eh?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 3035 viewsHarbour

Morgan Whittaker mention in the BBC report on the game yesterday suggesting we are interested in the Swansea winger who was left out of their squad as a result. Do we need another winger? Thought there no 10 did well Ntcham he looked useful.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 2993 viewsdistortR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:35 - Jan 22 by Harbour

Morgan Whittaker mention in the BBC report on the game yesterday suggesting we are interested in the Swansea winger who was left out of their squad as a result. Do we need another winger? Thought there no 10 did well Ntcham he looked useful.

Thought he did well for us when he broke forward, they had a 3 on 2, and he choose to shoot straight at Seny from an improbable place to score from.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 2974 viewsCateLeBonR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:35 - Jan 22 by Harbour

I think that's the other Rangers trying to sign him.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:01 - Jan 22 with 2647 viewsaston_hoop

Ovie Ejaria being allowed to leave Reading this Jan. Attitude problems, refusing to train and other indiscretions by all accounts.

Think we can conclude with this one that definitively, he isn't better than Eze

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:21 - Jan 23 with 2442 viewsHarbour

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:45 - Jan 22 by CateLeBonR

I think that's the other Rangers trying to sign him.

Yes my bad..wrong Rs!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:21 - Jan 23 with 2441 viewsnix

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:01 - Jan 22 by aston_hoop

Ovie Ejaria being allowed to leave Reading this Jan. Attitude problems, refusing to train and other indiscretions by all accounts.

First time I saw him play I thought, what a talent, seemed like a bargain for £3m. Now it's clear both why Liverpool let him go and why no one else wanted him. Only played eight matches this season. I bet he cost a fortune in wages as well. What a waste.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:45 - Jan 23 with 2149 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:21 - Jan 23 by nix

First time I saw him play I thought, what a talent, seemed like a bargain for £3m. Now it's clear both why Liverpool let him go and why no one else wanted him. Only played eight matches this season. I bet he cost a fortune in wages as well. What a waste.

defo has ability , if we could get him on a years deal , and see if we can turn him into another eze might be worth a punt , hell of a player in there

Poll: which is your favouite foot

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:58 - Jan 23 with 2100 viewsQPR_Jim

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:01 - Jan 22 by aston_hoop

I'd be interested to know exactly what his issue was. As others have said, talented player. Him and Massengo both very talented and young but being bombed out of their clubs.

In both cases I could imagine a dispute arising if the club had stood in their way of moving on to bigger and better things. If we had rejected Palace's offer for Eze because we wanted a push for promotion next season then proceeded to not invest in a squad around him, I think it would have been fair for him to get the hump. So it may not be down to the player, Massengo is a contract dispute, but I have no idea what's happened with Ejaria.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:16 - Jan 23 with 2054 viewstkqpr

Rumour - NICOLAS RASKIN - if Beale involved, maybe its someone who was on our radar in the summer? 6 months left on contract? Highly rated Belgian?

Quote:-
A Belgian football journalist who claims to be close to Rangers’ interest in Standard Liege midfielder Nicolas Raskin has refuted claims that personal terms have been agreed.

The Belgian midfielder, 21, has been on the Ibrox club’s radar since the summer with the player banished to the Pro League side’s reserves amid a fierce contract stand off.

Rangers fans then got excited about a potential January move for the player amid reports of reinvigorated interest with Michael Beale even fielding questions on the player in press conferences.

This then culminated in reports over the weekend claiming that personal terms had been agreed with Nicolas Raskin, although it’s being claimed Rangers are yet to make an official bid for the player.

However, the latest coming out of Belgium — at least from Sacha Tavolieri (who was quick on the draw with the January interest) — is suggesting an agreement is yet to be struck.

“No agreement yet” between Rangers and Nicolas Raskin
Responding to a fan on Twitter, Tavolieri claims that there is “no agreement yet” with “no contract signed”, contrary to the reports coming out of Scotland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024