Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 145621 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:16 - Jan 23 with 7304 viewsaston_hoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:16 - Jan 23 by tkqpr

Rumour - NICOLAS RASKIN - if Beale involved, maybe its someone who was on our radar in the summer? 6 months left on contract? Highly rated Belgian?

Quote:-
A Belgian football journalist who claims to be close to Rangers’ interest in Standard Liege midfielder Nicolas Raskin has refuted claims that personal terms have been agreed.

The Belgian midfielder, 21, has been on the Ibrox club’s radar since the summer with the player banished to the Pro League side’s reserves amid a fierce contract stand off.

Rangers fans then got excited about a potential January move for the player amid reports of reinvigorated interest with Michael Beale even fielding questions on the player in press conferences.

This then culminated in reports over the weekend claiming that personal terms had been agreed with Nicolas Raskin, although it’s being claimed Rangers are yet to make an official bid for the player.

However, the latest coming out of Belgium — at least from Sacha Tavolieri (who was quick on the draw with the January interest) — is suggesting an agreement is yet to be struck.

“No agreement yet” between Rangers and Nicolas Raskin
Responding to a fan on Twitter, Tavolieri claims that there is “no agreement yet” with “no contract signed”, contrary to the reports coming out of Scotland.

Are clubs other than Burnley allowed to sign Belgian players??

I did see Beale saying he didn't want a keeper as he wanted to give a youngster a chance in the team. So can guarantee they're looking for a keeper. Couple of mil for Jordan Archer? Go on Mick, you know it makes sense

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:59 - Jan 23 with 6749 viewsVancouverHoop

Are clubs other than Burnley allowed to sign Belgian players??

Think so. We've got one.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:39 - Jan 24 with 6221 viewsQPRSteve

From London World:

"QPR are keen on West Brom right-back Ethan Ingram according to a report by Football Insider. The 19-year-old, who is in the final 18 months of his contract at the Hawthorns, is also said to be on the radar of Premier League side Wolves."
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:22 - Jan 24 with 6120 viewsdanehoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:39 - Jan 24 by QPRSteve

From London World:

"QPR are keen on West Brom right-back Ethan Ingram according to a report by Football Insider. The 19-year-old, who is in the final 18 months of his contract at the Hawthorns, is also said to be on the radar of Premier League side Wolves."

Fair to say he is probably already out of our price range then.

Never knowingly understood

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 5966 viewsflynnbo

From London World:

Should read “soon to be Championship side Wolves”.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 5695 viewshertshoops

From London World:

So he could swap not playing for WBA to not playing for Wolves (on more money) - or he could be starting RB for us, hmmm wonder which he'll do ?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:07 - Jan 25 with 5264 viewsdmm

Mahoney is set for a loan to Walsall to the end of the season - a good move for him playing in L2.

He appears to be ahead of Walsh which surprises me a bit. Mahoney is a likeable player but will his lack of height count against him? When I've seen him play he's seemed a great shot stopper but doesn't command his area.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:03 - Jan 25 with 4849 viewsderbyhoop

Murphy Mahoney to Walsall on loan.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:03 - Jan 25 with 4561 viewsaston_hoop

Jordan Hugill has joined Rotherham on a 3.5 year deal! Long old deal but he'll be a good player in League 1 next season I'd bet

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:17 - Jan 25 with 4495 viewsHoopstar

Dave Mc suggesting on the old bird site that we're definitely after another couple players.

Haven't the foggiest who they might be mind.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:18 - Jan 25 with 4491 viewsHoopstar

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:03 - Jan 25 by aston_hoop

Jordan Hugill has joined Rotherham on a 3.5 year deal! Long old deal but he'll be a good player in League 1 next season I'd bet

Always came across as a nice guy - that West Ham contract set him and his kids up for life am sure!!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:20 - Jan 25 with 4467 views89_50

I'm still of the, likely misguided, belief that he could be useful.

I imagine this means Ogbene will be on the move.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:24 - Jan 25 with 4427 viewsWestbourneR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:20 - Jan 25 by 89_50

I'm still of the, likely misguided, belief that he could be useful.

I imagine this means Ogbene will be on the move.

Sell Dykes buy Hugill would have been a smart piece of business in IMO

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 25 with 4339 viewsHoopstar

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:24 - Jan 25 by WestbourneR

One of those rare players where his goalscoring record for us was better than any other Championship team he played for.

1 in 3 for us. Sure Dykes would have hit 15 that year with Eze, BOS, Wells and co.
1 in 4.5 for Preston
1 in 9 for Boro - lots as sub
1 in 4.5 at Cardiff
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:01 - Jan 25 with 4273 viewsLoyalitat

That's a good signing by Rotherham. I think that they'll stay up quite comfortably now.

I wouldn't have wanted him back at our club as he hasn't started many games since leaving us. However, I would have immediately after the loan season he had with us when he scored 15 goals in all competitions, no penalties, but there was no way that we could compete with Norwich for his signature.

Great attitude on loan with us, which was typified by him continuing to play for us through injuries when he was the only striker we had left.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:00 - Jan 25 with 3944 viewsJigsore

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:24 - Jan 25 by WestbourneR

I'm not sure about that... but I think while we're obviously a more attractive prospect than Roterham there's no way we would or should have offered him a contract of the length they've given him.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:07 - Jan 25 with 3885 viewsflynnbo

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:00 - Jan 25 by Jigsore

I'm not sure about that... but I think while we're obviously a more attractive prospect than Roterham there's no way we would or should have offered him a contract of the length they've given him.

I heard the other day that they were the only solvent club in the Champoinship.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:29 - Jan 25 with 3453 viewsdmm

WLS is reporting that Hamalainen, Thomas and possibly one or two others may be on their way out before the end of the month https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-look-set-to-leave-as-deadline-approa
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:43 - Jan 26 with 2806 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:29 - Jan 25 by dmm

WLS is reporting that Hamalainen, Thomas and possibly one or two others may be on their way out before the end of the month https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-look-set-to-leave-as-deadline-approa

Please let this be the case.

I am a bit disappointed that with just s few days left of the window we have not been linked with any new signings. Not too dissimilar to last season when Paterson was the only one before we ended up with Hendrick.

I wouldn’t mind trying to get Ogbene in from Rotherham. We need more options than Dykes and er, mmm , no one.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:49 - Jan 26 with 2790 viewsaston_hoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:43 - Jan 26 by stanistheman

Please let this be the case.

I am a bit disappointed that with just s few days left of the window we have not been linked with any new signings. Not too dissimilar to last season when Paterson was the only one before we ended up with Hendrick.

I wouldn’t mind trying to get Ogbene in from Rotherham. We need more options than Dykes and er, mmm , no one.

Ogbene is a winger so he'd be competing with Lowe I'd imagine. Would love to sign him though, definitely a couple of Championship clubs after him and would be a good player to own for ourselves rather than a loan

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:29 - Jan 26 with 2650 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:49 - Jan 26 by aston_hoop

Ogbene is a winger so he'd be competing with Lowe I'd imagine. Would love to sign him though, definitely a couple of Championship clubs after him and would be a good player to own for ourselves rather than a loan

I stand corrected. I thought he was a striker. We need one of those and have done for 8 seasons.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:14 - Jan 26 with 2377 viewsderbyhoop

A bit of a surprise. To me anyway.
Sorba Thomas loaned to Blackburn from Huddersfield. I thought he was one of their key players last season

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:25 - Jan 26 with 2306 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thank God, I was starting worry he'd come back, what with me and my boy sitting in the Upper Loft.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:53 - Jan 26 with 2178 viewsOldPedro

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:14 - Jan 26 by derbyhoop

A bit of a surprise. To me anyway.
Sorba Thomas loaned to Blackburn from Huddersfield. I thought he was one of their key players last season

Huddersfield manager explains why they have loaned out Thomas in this article

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/huddersfield-thomas-

A couple of Huddersfield fans I know have said that Thomas has been a bit 5hit this season

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:13 - Jan 26 with 1929 viewswayneranger

Masterson to The Gills
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024