Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 52546 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 17:28 - Jan 7 with 2631 viewsBerkoRanger

Road to Wembley thread on 17:01 - Jan 7 by loftus77

Well, there are 2 options of thought here. We're either sh1t or we are deceitful.

It logically can't be 'a bit of both', not after 30+? years of this departure from the FA Cup early rounds at the hands of lower league opposition.

So, sh!t or deceitful? FWIW I strongly suspect the latter, along with Watford , Palace, Huddersfield and Forest today. It must be a deliberate policy of punting ourselves out of all cups at the earliest opportunity, becuase, on an accountant's balance sheet, any financial gain from any cup run is eclipsed by the importance of the League campaign. I can't see it either, but what do I know?

What I do know is that if its club policy, they could quietly refund travel costs/entry fee to all those Rs fans who battled in hope to the Fylde coast today - and who weren't privy to 'The Great Plan'....
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 17:02]

Sadly, I've actually believed this "conspiracy" theory for a few years now. It would certainly explain things!
Road to Wembley thread on 17:29 - Jan 7 with 2583 viewsRangersw12

Road to Wembley thread on 17:25 - Jan 7 by 08olesen

Agreed. The whole scouting department needs to join them. You have to ask what the search criteria is if you come back with Dozzell, Roberts, Dykes as the answers.

Amit, Tony et al. are having their pants pulled down by this lot.

Tony et al are the reason why we're in this mess
Road to Wembley thread on 17:30 - Jan 7 with 2573 viewsDixie_CT

Of course the players should take responsibility but some of them are just not capable of playing at the level we need them too.

Who is responsible for signing those players? Who is responsible for giving Niko a FOUR year contract? Who advised the club to do that?

Ozzie, lovely local lad, not good enough, hasn’t been since we lost 1-7 away to West Brom , never will be and was woeful today, in fact, Niko was probably one mark better!!!

Watch what clubs Ozzie & NH join when they leave us. League One level at best but more likely to be lower.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:30 - Jan 7 with 2540 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread on 17:11 - Jan 7 by eastside_r

If I was in the trenches with Dozzell, I’d shoot myself in the head.

Could you save a bullet for me?🤔
Road to Wembley thread on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 2527 viewsSharpy36

Oh well, at least it gives us an insight in L1 football in the next couple of seasons.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Road to Wembley thread on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 2497 viewsLblock

Road to Wembley thread on 17:10 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Ramsey and Les have been at this club to long now and if they think Kakay & Nico are decent championship full backs then that’s a sackable offence on its own
Major overhaul needed on and off the pitch , we are two Bob and I expect the same excuses from the happy clappers tonight and over the coming weeks defending these clowns associated with QPR
Absolutely sick of it now

The last winner we employed in a serious role “off the pitch” was King Neil Warnock.

Surely that speaks volumes?

I’m not advocating the return of Neil.
What I am saying is we do not have standards where giving 100% is the minimum expectation and being led by a man who demands that.

We’re a losing club with a small time mentality

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Road to Wembley thread on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 2503 viewsSteveB

Yeah, I'm done now with QPR. Not forever, it's 50 years in the blood. It's not you, it's me - I need a break. I'll always love you, but right now you are a c**t. I fcking detest you.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:33 - Jan 7 with 2467 viewsDixie_CT

Road to Wembley thread on 17:25 - Jan 7 by 08olesen

Agreed. The whole scouting department needs to join them. You have to ask what the search criteria is if you come back with Dozzell, Roberts, Dykes as the answers.

Amit, Tony et al. are having their pants pulled down by this lot.

It has changed from agents and players mugging the Board to Les, Ramsey, and a load more grifters in the Academy.
Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 17:34 - Jan 7 with 2433 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 17:30 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

Of course the players should take responsibility but some of them are just not capable of playing at the level we need them too.

Who is responsible for signing those players? Who is responsible for giving Niko a FOUR year contract? Who advised the club to do that?

Ozzie, lovely local lad, not good enough, hasn’t been since we lost 1-7 away to West Brom , never will be and was woeful today, in fact, Niko was probably one mark better!!!

Watch what clubs Ozzie & NH join when they leave us. League One level at best but more likely to be lower.

Yet we have people on here saying ‘send back all the loanees’. The thought of Niko and Kakay starting every game between now and the end of this season is frightening. We’d probably end up in league one.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 2415 views08olesen

Road to Wembley thread on 17:29 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

Tony et al are the reason why we're in this mess

Respectfully, I think that was probably fair 3 years ago but a lot of the deadwood from the prem era has been cleared a long time ago and debt absorbed in the form of shares by them. Tony is largely in the background now and spends most of his time in Malaysia.

This is very much a Les team and the owners just put money in each month to keep the whole show on the road. The buck has to stop with him. Cant keep blaming it on the owners who shouldnt be responsible for football decisions which have gone horribly wrong.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Road to Wembley thread on 17:36 - Jan 7 with 2392 viewsLongsufferingR

Road to Wembley thread on 17:32 - Jan 7 by Lblock

The last winner we employed in a serious role “off the pitch” was King Neil Warnock.

What I am saying is we do not have standards where giving 100% is the minimum expectation and being led by a man who demands that.

Don't you remember QPR 1 Port Vale 3?
Road to Wembley thread on 17:37 - Jan 7 with 2338 viewspaulparker

Agree totally
But there was a fella who a few weeks back would have crawled over broken glass for this job
Oh yeah it was Gareth Ainsworth a manager who demands a 100% and not afraid to mix it up
But oh no he dresses funny , he play long ball and doesn’t fit the QPR nicey nicey way

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Road to Wembley thread on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 2224 viewsJamesB1979

Road to Wembley thread on 17:09 - Jan 7 by BushRanger82

Out of the league cup at the first hurdle to lower league Charlton Athletic.
Now, out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle to Fleetwood farking Town.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, goes some way to explaining why local kids in Shepherd's Bush wear Chelsea shirts, Arsenal shirts, almost anything but QPR ones.
With a large percentage of our support being over 30 years old on average, this total lack of will to win anything other than the odd league game, is killing the club.
We are effectively watching our club slowly die right before our eyes.

Well said. That last part is spot on. Need something like a cup run every once in a while to inspire the next generation. We’ve got the playoff final and the promotion under Warnock but that was 10 years ago now. What will get the young teenagers of west London excited about qpr, finishing 16th?? Finishing 19th but cup game against one of the big boys in 4th round..,..not that’s something to talk about and get excited about.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 2204 viewsR_from_afar

Road to Wembley thread on 17:02 - Jan 7 by Tripper

That was predictably awful.

Utmost respect for those fans that spend so much money and give up so much time travelling the country to watch this. I really don’t know how you do it.

I watch on IPTV from the comfort of my sofa these days and still generally leave 10 minutes before the end.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 17:02]

It’s only January but I want to nominate your final paragraph for quip of the year

I didn’t manage to see any of that but I have the utmost respect for all those who sat through it, and as for those who dragged themselves up to the north west, well they deserve to have part of Loftus Road named after them.

Out of the cup at the first hurdle? Frankly, I’m shocked.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Road to Wembley thread on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 2184 viewsnumptydumpty

Road to Wembley thread on 17:37 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Agree totally
But there was a fella who a few weeks back would have crawled over broken glass for this job
Oh yeah it was Gareth Ainsworth a manager who demands a 100% and not afraid to mix it up
But oh no he dresses funny , he play long ball and doesn’t fit the QPR nicey nicey way

Can't get to be thinking about Critchley as yet. After this window with players that want to be here and see where we get to, but yes I do agree with you, when Critchley does go, be that six months or couple of years, give Ainsworth the job next time unless an outstanding candidate is possible.

At the very least he would care and after displays like today the players would be given a right royal rocket and deservedly so.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Road to Wembley thread on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 2080 viewssteveo04

The one thing that baffled me about NC is why the formation change , 433 against Preston and Cardiff , now 4231 , Ok Willock is not on form but come on he not a out and out left winger , Beale and Warbs both knew Willock and chair as no10 is the way forward so why the change , I know we played well against Sheff u but I still thought Willock was not influencing the game.

Get back to 433 Neill play players in their best position, Chair is not a left winger like you tried v Luton

Also I can’t understand this trying of players other managers didn’t rate , Thomas v Burnley , shopido v Luton and Nico today , if 7 or 8 mangers didn’t rate them why do you think there gonna suddenly become good

I mean v Coventry Nico was on the bench but we played JCS there then Kakay when JCS got injured

Stop playing these players in the hope they become good
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 17:51]
Road to Wembley thread on 17:55 - Jan 7 with 1964 viewsLblock

Road to Wembley thread on 17:36 - Jan 7 by LongsufferingR

Don't you remember QPR 1 Port Vale 3?

Yes I do.

In fact I remember most of his tenure extremely well (and fondly)
Clearly there were aberrations like losing 4-0 away and cup games.
However if you think Warnock did anything more than keep it simple, demand standards and instill a winning mentality then I’d disagree.

It’s not important though as our coaching set up is trendy and right on and there’s a swanky new building on the way.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Road to Wembley thread on 17:57 - Jan 7 with 1919 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread on 17:37 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Agree totally

Just thinking the same thing myself. We need to get out of this losing mentality, and it doesn't matter if it is not easy on the eye. Ainsworth's teams would leave everything on the pitch - and that is always what most of us want. Critchley deserves time and a few of his own additions.to try and shake things up...but he needs to do more to convince me.
Road to Wembley thread on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 1904 viewsManinBlack

Yes we have not had standards for a long time. The club just exists and fulfills its fixtures. Virtually every season we seem to be knocked out of the cups to league 1 sides. I can't say I have ever noticed anyone in the club say these Cup performances are disgraceful. It just seems to be treated as nuisance fixtures but let's get out ASAP. Then we wonder why we don't get money spinning ties against Premiership sides.

Sunderland fell behind at Shrewsbury on 81 minutes and rolled up their sleeves to fight back and win. By contrast we did next to nothing to salvage the game even though we had over 25 minutes to do something.

Unless people enter this club with a winning mentality then this club is going to continue to rot as it seems the current encumbants just accept the same crap every season. It is like the old school of the FA are at the club refusing to change their ways. We are on a mission to join Wimbledon and Orient rather than ever compete with the likes of West Ham again.

Totally sick of this merry go round every damn season. Our attitude towards the cup and the cost of watching this drivel is why I tell people I no longer go because nothing changes. It has felt for a long time the club is treating the fans like loyal mugs expecting the fans to turn up out of duty and we will go no matter what slop they serve up. I had to get out of this cycle for my own sanity.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 1770 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread on 17:55 - Jan 7 by Lblock

Yes I do.

In fact I remember most of his tenure extremely well (and fondly)
Clearly there were aberrations like losing 4-0 away and cup games.
However if you think Warnock did anything more than keep it simple, demand standards and instill a winning mentality then I’d disagree.

It’s not important though as our coaching set up is trendy and right on and there’s a swanky new building on the way.

QPR have come to represent modern London.- all style and no substance.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 1695 viewsdistortR

Road to Wembley thread on 17:48 - Jan 7 by steveo04

The one thing that baffled me about NC is why the formation change , 433 against Preston and Cardiff , now 4231 , Ok Willock is not on form but come on he not a out and out left winger , Beale and Warbs both knew Willock and chair as no10 is the way forward so why the change , I know we played well against Sheff u but I still thought Willock was not influencing the game.

Get back to 433 Neill play players in their best position, Chair is not a left winger like you tried v Luton

Also I can’t understand this trying of players other managers didn’t rate , Thomas v Burnley , shopido v Luton and Nico today , if 7 or 8 mangers didn’t rate them why do you think there gonna suddenly become good

I mean v Coventry Nico was on the bench but we played JCS there then Kakay when JCS got injured

Stop playing these players in the hope they become good
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 17:51]

He's come in in the middle of the season, he's giving players a chance and finding out who's who.
I'm with Hunter - what disturbs me is the level of effort some of these players think is appropriate. First half v Burnley, Luton, today by all accounts (Just in from work), the attitude of some of them stinks. They disrespect the club and it's fans.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:10 - Jan 7 with 1661 viewsMick_S

Road to Wembley thread on 18:08 - Jan 7 by distortR

He's come in in the middle of the season, he's giving players a chance and finding out who's who.
I'm with Hunter - what disturbs me is the level of effort some of these players think is appropriate. First half v Burnley, Luton, today by all accounts (Just in from work), the attitude of some of them stinks. They disrespect the club and it's fans.

Same here. Not the time to be taking it out on the new boss. If he’s any good he’ll see it and fix it. Here’s hoping.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 18:12]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Road to Wembley thread on 18:15 - Jan 7 with 1589 viewssdm19994

Nothing will change until the current owners sell the club and the DOF loses his job for POOR performance. Not a chance I would get this long being terrible at my job.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:23 - Jan 7 with 1492 viewsstevec

It’s almost like Critchley read LFW all week and thought, ‘a starting line up of contracted players is what you asked for, so here you go…’

If nothing else it’s proved how shit the contracted players are beyond about 7 of them. There were 4 players on that pitch today who shouldn’t be anywhere near a Championship squad let alone starting games.

The club is rotten through.
Road to Wembley thread on 18:30 - Jan 7 with 1394 viewsDamo1962

Road to Wembley thread on 18:23 - Jan 7 by stevec

It’s almost like Critchley read LFW all week and thought, ‘a starting line up of contracted players is what you asked for, so here you go…’

If nothing else it’s proved how shit the contracted players are beyond about 7 of them. There were 4 players on that pitch today who shouldn’t be anywhere near a Championship squad let alone starting games.

The club is rotten through.

I'll see your four, and raise you one. The two full- backs, Dozzell,Adomah and of course Ink man. A couple of others are borderline too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024