Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham (H) Match Thread 12:16 - Feb 17 with 27072 viewsHullDale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 20 with 2720 viewsAtThePeake

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 16:35 - Feb 20 by tony_roch975

and the other 29 in the squad do deliver???

You could make the same analysis of all of them, all have some technical ability which they can only demonstrate briefly for 1 game in 10. Odoh can't be faulted for effort, tackles better than any other player and at least gets us up the pitch; if he was as good as Baah he would be where Baah is ... not here.

Nope. Not saying they do deliver but the original point was about Odoh specifically so I'm not sure how the rest of them are relevant? Every time a point is being made about a specific player are we all supposed to caveat our thoughts on them by giving our opinions on all of the other 29 players?

He tries hard. That's more than some of the other 29. He isn't good enough. Neither are the other 29.

Tangled up in blue.

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 20 with 2645 viewselectricblue

Odoh could be a game changer in the NL.....

Anyway Odoh does have the ability to beat his man as he as done this several times in early last season and when he first played in his early Dale matches so what as changed..

Odoh az a good player behing him in Mullarkey so then why not get Odoh to play ss a wide man and use his skill and pace to beat his man and cut inside he is of better use this way as he will cause all sorts of problems......

Not this run of 5yrds and suddenly he dont know what to do putting more pressure on the lack of midfield..

Also i would like to see ball have a stint up front with Quiggley he is big enough and physical enough to cause issues and he can grab a goal or two...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 20 with 2632 views442Dale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 20 by electricblue

Anyway Odoh does have the ability to beat his man as he as done this several times in early last season and when he first played in his early Dale matches so what as changed..

Odoh az a good player behing him in Mullarkey so then why not get Odoh to play ss a wide man and use his skill and pace to beat his man and cut inside he is of better use this way as he will cause all sorts of problems......

Not this run of 5yrds and suddenly he dont know what to do putting more pressure on the lack of midfield..

Also i would like to see ball have a stint up front with Quiggley he is big enough and physical enough to cause issues and he can grab a goal or two...

The current stint Ball is having would be the best option.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 20 with 2602 viewskel

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 20 by electricblue

I’d rather have Bobby Ball up front* and he’s been dead two and a half years.

*or in the squad for that matter.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 2593 viewselectricblue

Dale have to try something other than what is the norm on match day....

Maybe we all think Ball isnt good enough but desparate times calls for desparate measures..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 2580 views442Dale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 20 by electricblue

Dale have to try something other than what is the norm on match day....

Maybe we all think Ball isnt good enough but desparate times calls for desparate measures..

Would rather we stuck Max Taylor up front.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 2511 viewsrichfoad32

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

Would rather we stuck Max Taylor up front.

Would rather we went with someone who is at least meant to be a forward.

What is happening with Campbell, is he not fully fit, or maybe he's one of those who is allegedly opposed to training hard? Surely he's at least got to be above Mellor in the pecking order?
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 21:24 - Feb 20 with 2256 viewsTomRAFC

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:49 - Feb 20 by richfoad32

Would rather we went with someone who is at least meant to be a forward.

What is happening with Campbell, is he not fully fit, or maybe he's one of those who is allegedly opposed to training hard? Surely he's at least got to be above Mellor in the pecking order?

At the fans forum, Jim specified that Campbell was fit, available, and that we haven't had good value for money.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 22:47 - Feb 20 with 2121 viewsDaleiLama

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 21:24 - Feb 20 by TomRAFC

At the fans forum, Jim specified that Campbell was fit, available, and that we haven't had good value for money.

Unlike Woking who benefitted from 13 goals in 21 games and got a fee for him. Very good vfm.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 20 with 2107 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 22:47 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

Unlike Woking who benefitted from 13 goals in 21 games and got a fee for him. Very good vfm.

His lengthy time out of action through injury hasn't helped of course, but in order to get value for money from a player, he has to play

When looking at the performances of some of those who've been selected ahead of him now he's fit, it begs the question as to how the manager thinks he can get value for money from a few minutes off the bench, here and there

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 02:41 - Feb 21 with 1979 viewsrichfoad32

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

His lengthy time out of action through injury hasn't helped of course, but in order to get value for money from a player, he has to play

When looking at the performances of some of those who've been selected ahead of him now he's fit, it begs the question as to how the manager thinks he can get value for money from a few minutes off the bench, here and there

Before his injury he was pretty much reduced to being the lone striker feeding off scraps, wrestling with one or two centre halves and it really didn't suit his game. Even then he occasionally showed good close control, could turn a man and chipped in with a few goals.

Not saying he'll be the answer but he's surely got to be a better bet than the likes of Ball or Taylor?
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 1705 viewsDaleiLama

Won't matter if we have Haaland and Rashford up top with defending like this - read the retweet comments).

More of this tonight (which is all but inevitable) and the County pile-on will be a Tsunami

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 02:04 - Feb 22 with 1407 viewsShun

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 12:02 - Feb 20 by AtThePeake

When they've been playing the likes of Wrexham, Stockport and Notts County over the last few seasons I'd be very surprised if anyone sees Rochdale as a 'cup tie'. We won't be one of the biggest clubs in that division.

I’m not getting Billy big bollocks, and I agree nobody will see us as a cup tie, but we’ll surely be one of the biggest clubs down there? If Wrexham and Notts do go up, and Scunny go down, there’ll only really be Oldham, Chesterfield and Southend who can legitimately say they’re bigger than us.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 08:07 - Feb 22 with 1260 viewsJimmyRustler

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 02:04 - Feb 22 by Shun

I’m not getting Billy big bollocks, and I agree nobody will see us as a cup tie, but we’ll surely be one of the biggest clubs down there? If Wrexham and Notts do go up, and Scunny go down, there’ll only really be Oldham, Chesterfield and Southend who can legitimately say they’re bigger than us.

We will certainly be seen as a football league yardstick if nothing else and teams will feel encouraged that they could cut it competitively in the football league if they beat us (albeit the team will be much gasher than anything we’ve had in the last 20 years or so)
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 10:50 - Feb 22 with 1094 viewsAtThePeake

Potentially, but after playing the likes of Wrexham and Notts County, I don't think anyone aside from the likes of Alty and Halifax who see us as a rival will see it as a 'big game' to be playing Rochdale.

Much like how if, say, Oxford were to drop into League Two, they'd probably be one of the biggest clubs in League Two, but you wouldn't be excited about playing them or seeing them as a big game in the same way teams will have been when Portsmouth dropped down to L2.

Tangled up in blue.

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:27 - Feb 22 with 1030 viewsDaleFan7

Depends how you define bigger, the fact we've been in the FL for 100+ years then yes we will. Attendances wise, we average around 2,800 this year, if that drops to 2,300 - 2,400 in the NL that would put us around 8th - 9th if the big two go up. Along side teams like Woking, Yeovil and Bromley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024