Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match on 10:08 - Mar 11 with 10321 viewsDorsetDale

https://gtfc.co.uk/town-vs-rochdale-goes-ahead/

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match on on 21:57 - Mar 11 with 3184 viewsSheffield_dale

It was such a nothing performance today. Not particularly bad but nowhere near good enough. Quigley gets involved in far too much, refs hate him and are always happy to blow for any kind of foul. It may be worth it if he actually contributed anything of worth.

Odoh was good but no end product (quel surprise). Rodney made some good runs but end product was laughable and toothless.

It's awful where we are at the minute but there was a lot of hostility in the away end directed at each other which needs to calm. Emotions are high and everyone is directing blame at whoever they hold responsible. It seemed very generational with a smattering of older fans having a go at the younger more vocal 'Bentley Out' lot. Was sad to see because there was a great atmosphere and some quite humorous chants in the first hour or so.

Miserable journey home that
Match on on 22:12 - Mar 11 with 3103 viewsJames1980

Match on on 21:57 - Mar 11 by Sheffield_dale

It was such a nothing performance today. Not particularly bad but nowhere near good enough. Quigley gets involved in far too much, refs hate him and are always happy to blow for any kind of foul. It may be worth it if he actually contributed anything of worth.

Odoh was good but no end product (quel surprise). Rodney made some good runs but end product was laughable and toothless.

It's awful where we are at the minute but there was a lot of hostility in the away end directed at each other which needs to calm. Emotions are high and everyone is directing blame at whoever they hold responsible. It seemed very generational with a smattering of older fans having a go at the younger more vocal 'Bentley Out' lot. Was sad to see because there was a great atmosphere and some quite humorous chants in the first hour or so.

Bentley looked totally dejected in his post match interview. I think he genuinely cares and will be gutted that we get relegated out of the football league on his watch.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match on on 22:30 - Mar 11 with 3046 viewsNorthernDale

Once again, one mistake cost again, it is frustrating. However the one positive that we can cling to, is that we are not playing that bad.

However over the coming 4 weeks, we have Swindon (H), Crawley (A), Wimbledon (A), Walsall (H) - these games are hard, but winnable, which I accept is grasping at straws at the moment, but that is all we have got to cling to at the moment.

whereas
Crawley have: Wimbledon (A), Doncaster (H), The Dale (H), Grimsby (H), Mansfield (A), Bradford (H)

Hartlepool -have: Bradford (A), Orient (H), Swindon (H), Grimsby (A),
Match on on 22:35 - Mar 11 with 3025 viewsJames1980

Match on on 21:57 - Mar 11 by Sheffield_dale

Bentley looked totally dejected in his post match interview. I think he genuinely cares and will be gutted that we get relegated out of the football league on his watch.

Match on on 22:41 - Mar 11 with 2994 viewsdingdangblue

Match on on 22:35 - Mar 11 by James1980

You can say that again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match on on 07:13 - Mar 12 with 2627 viewsdavidab2202

Without some form of miracle, results elsewhere yesterday make it look like the final end to a very miserable season will be relegation.
Perhaps the most frustrating part of it all to me looking at our desperate position in the league is that there are 3 results out of 36 were the score line would suggest we have been "hammered". To have got to this stage of the season and been defeated by a single goal in close to half of those 36 games must be enough to have EBJ tearing his hair out(!!!!!) in total frustration at what might have been
A lack of a goal scorer bearing in mind the money spent on transfer fees not to mention wages for the likes of Charman and Campbell plus other Non league players has shown that policy to have been a total disaster. Signing players who have reached their mid twenties and had flirted with many other clubs and found to be wanting was never going to work.
I feel it will be a long road back to EFL status which we might never achieve when looking at the number of clubs in the conference who would claim( with some justification) to be "bigger " and much better supported clubs than we are
Match on on 08:18 - Mar 12 with 2536 viewsDaley_Lama

Not the refs fault but when you are down at the bottom you don’t get the rub of the green.

First free-kick given was against the vicar. It was absolutely a 50/50 wrestle between defender and striker.

The pernickity free kicks continued throughout vast majority against us. Odo is dragged back and their lad gets a yellow, ball pumped into the box and before it gets their, free-kick to them.

This led to what I considered the key moment. Mullarky had been fouled/dived twice before with nothing given. He got into the box and went down. He had got the better of their man, their man didn’t get the ball, did clip his leg, nothing given.

That’s life at the bottom, there was nothing between the two teams overall.

Oh, apart from Dave’s shooting. Less said the better.

Poll: DF in or out

Match on on 11:21 - Mar 12 with 2185 viewsdingdangblue

Just watched the re run of the game on ifollow. We should have won. Keohane has to score when set up by Odoh in the first half. Hitting the defender is just not good enough - we just don't take enough care finishing our moves. Same with Rodney in the 1st half and 2nd half when through with just the keeper to beat. 100% it was a penalty on Mullarkey - he gets clipped by the defender - really don't know what the ref has seen there as he didn't book Mullarkey or give a corner. Its a real shame after last week's win we didn't deserve such a poor decision.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Match on on 12:44 - Mar 13 with 1550 viewsmeeee

For 60 minutes on Saturday the atmosphere was pretty good, I think we did a good job in getting behind the players and showing them support. But as soon as we went 1 down the atmosphere instantly switched to “we’re f**king sh*t“Sub them all off” “Bentley out”
and chants about how we’re going to the national league. I just feel like to be chanting that during the game it does more harm then good and I didn’t even think we were that bad on Saturday. Don’t get me wrong we weren’t brilliant but we more then matched Grimsby and if Rodney could finish we could’ve been 2 or 3 goals up. But regardless of what you thought of the game when we’re 1 down surely that’s the time to get behind the team and push them on? It’s like our younger supporters can’t wait for us to concede a goal so they can bring their catalogue of chants out about how crap we are. If you have to let the players know what you think of them maybe wait till the end of the game. I don’t think the negativity during the game helps
Match on on 14:11 - Mar 13 with 1411 viewsAtThePeake

Match on on 07:13 - Mar 12 by davidab2202

Without some form of miracle, results elsewhere yesterday make it look like the final end to a very miserable season will be relegation.
Perhaps the most frustrating part of it all to me looking at our desperate position in the league is that there are 3 results out of 36 were the score line would suggest we have been "hammered". To have got to this stage of the season and been defeated by a single goal in close to half of those 36 games must be enough to have EBJ tearing his hair out(!!!!!) in total frustration at what might have been
A lack of a goal scorer bearing in mind the money spent on transfer fees not to mention wages for the likes of Charman and Campbell plus other Non league players has shown that policy to have been a total disaster. Signing players who have reached their mid twenties and had flirted with many other clubs and found to be wanting was never going to work.
I feel it will be a long road back to EFL status which we might never achieve when looking at the number of clubs in the conference who would claim( with some justification) to be "bigger " and much better supported clubs than we are

"Signing players who have reached their mid twenties and had flirted with many other clubs and found to be wanting was never going to work."

Didn't Keith Hill build two promotion-winning sides out of players of exactly that sort of profile?

Tangled up in blue.

Match on on 16:52 - Mar 13 with 1200 viewsJames1980

Match on on 14:11 - Mar 13 by AtThePeake

"Signing players who have reached their mid twenties and had flirted with many other clubs and found to be wanting was never going to work."

Didn't Keith Hill build two promotion-winning sides out of players of exactly that sort of profile?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024