Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sack the board?? 12:43 - Mar 19 with 9067 viewsPikey

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong but the chants of sack the board seem a little suicidal.
Surely if the board go then the monthly cheques of £1.8m cease. Therefore players cant be paid plus we enter administration with a points deduction that surely will relegate us.
Let's hope the board do not take the advice and up sticks.
Sack the board?? on 20:21 - Mar 19 with 2213 viewsManinBlack

Sack the board?? on 19:27 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

All talk of ownership change has to stop for the next eight games, or until we're (hopefuuly) safe.

Any protests, any disunity, any action that might destabilise the goal of escaping relegation can only be detrimental.

I say this as one of the leaders of the 'Thompson Out' protests. As I've said often on here, I was proud to help at the time, but regret it in retrospect.

What you say is of course true but then the question is when do those who want to protest be able to do so?

On the one hand if they keep quiet for the remaining games there will be no means to protest during the summer as nobody will be about at the stadium. So if they vent their anger at the owners at the start of next season it could result in a dreadful start because the players are affected by the fans demanding change. There is never going to be a good time.

The only way I think those so inclined wish to protest should be outside the stadium after the game is finished so it won't affect the team on the pitch. People will find it difficult not to vent their feelings during a game if we keep losing and that is a big problem right now. We are edging closer to losing half of the 46 fixtures for the season.
Sack the board?? on 20:22 - Mar 19 with 2170 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sack the board?? on 19:01 - Mar 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

The only people who would buy the club in this state are predatory.

See Derby and Bury.

Be careful what you wish for.

Just not true. Plenty of clubs are still attracting investment. We're one promotion away from the richest league in the world. If you run the club properly with a proper chairman and DoF, you could get promoted within four seasons. Just like Flavio.
Sack the board?? on 20:51 - Mar 19 with 2128 viewsDubaiR

Sack the board…no

Sack Les, Hoos, Ramsey. Does a club our size need a DOF, Director of youth when by own admission lost13 players to CAT 1 academies?

Those 3 combined must be on not far off 500k a year.

Bin the 23/24/25 year olds who can’t break in to the first team.

Put escalators in and dig down, remain on current site but go down as to not obstruct views and increase to 25k more than big enough

Get rid of expensive loan signings and players on good contracts if we can. Let GA and his staff build a team who want to be here or see us as a step up.

Get a good core of 15 and supplement with the younger lads that are average but our average.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 20:52]
Sack the board?? on 21:01 - Mar 19 with 2055 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sack the board?? on 20:51 - Mar 19 by DubaiR

Sack the board…no

Sack Les, Hoos, Ramsey. Does a club our size need a DOF, Director of youth when by own admission lost13 players to CAT 1 academies?

Put escalators in and dig down, remain on current site but go down as to not obstruct views and increase to 25k more than big enough

Get rid of expensive loan signings and players on good contracts if we can. Let GA and his staff build a team who want to be here or see us as a step up.

Get a good core of 15 and supplement with the younger lads that are average but our average.

On that basis, alone, son you've got the job. (All of them!)

The Board is pathologically and unprofessionally nice. The club needs a root and branch reform, though if the rumours are right and Hoos is effectively finally falling on his sword/f*cking off home to the US this summer, that's a small step ion the right direction.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sack the board?? on 21:07 - Mar 19 with 2034 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sack the board…no

The Board is pathologically and unprofessionally nice. The club needs a root and branch reform, though if the rumours are right and Hoos is effectively finally falling on his sword/f*cking off home to the US this summer, that's a small step ion the right direction.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sack the board?? on 21:14 - Mar 19 with 2051 viewsPunteR

Can we just stop blaming fans and pointing the finger at fans. This situation the club is facing isnt the fans fault. It's fans trying to do something.. anything, to stop these current owners completely wrecking the club.
Let those lads crack on..The board isn't daft enough to think they represent the whole fan base.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sack the board?? on 21:25 - Mar 19 with 2025 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sack the board?? on 21:14 - Mar 19 by PunteR

Can we just stop blaming fans and pointing the finger at fans. This situation the club is facing isnt the fans fault. It's fans trying to do something.. anything, to stop these current owners completely wrecking the club.
Let those lads crack on..The board isn't daft enough to think they represent the whole fan base.

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming anyone PunteR. I'm long removed from West London and wouldn't pretend to be an expert. I'm just offering my limited opinion for what it's worth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sack the board?? on 21:39 - Mar 19 with 1982 viewsCateLeBonR

Sack the board?? on 21:14 - Mar 19 by PunteR

Arguably we haven’t ever really recovered from the ‘Thomson Out’ protests. We got new owners yes but look at what has happened since.

I joined in some of the protests then but looking back I had absolutely no idea what I was protesting about. It’s fair enough that people who remember the last time speak out.

I don’t suppose it’ll make any difference mind you. Furthermore I am beginning to think that the structure of the club needs a major rethink. Yes we need a DOF structure but clearly not this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Sack the board?? on 22:04 - Mar 19 with 1915 viewsBoston

Sack the board?? on 18:25 - Mar 19 by QPR_Hibs

**No timewasters**

Any reasonable offer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sack the board?? on 22:16 - Mar 19 with 1872 viewsstowmarketrange

Sack the board…no

By digging downwards to allow a stadium to accommodate 25k we would be especially vulnerable to flooding whenever it rains.And where would you like to move to for the 3(?) years the rebuilding would take to complete?
Sack the board?? on 22:25 - Mar 19 with 1831 viewsPunteR

Sack the board?? on 21:25 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming anyone PunteR. I'm long removed from West London and wouldn't pretend to be an expert. I'm just offering my limited opinion for what it's worth.

It wasn't really aimed at you Brian.
I know I'm being hypocritical because I've dug out fans on here but it's generally aimed at posters trying to dig out other fans/posters for daring to criticise the club. I really don't have issues with hyperbolic posts, knee jerk reactions, whatever ,but for some reason I get annoyed at patronising or smart arse responses to some bloke who just wants to fking moan about our ridiculous football club. Like this thread, yeh I get it , we should be aware of the dangers if these owners just throw in the towel but we are staring relegation in the face and with all the resources we've had it's really not a good situation to be in.
But you've been there Brian and experienced first hand so younger fans should take note.
You're a good guy and a very tactful poster. If we were all like you online the online world would be a better place, but unfortunately it's not and we've got dickheads like me on here.
I do think it's worth pointing out that whatever the fans are doing whether it's protesting , not protesting just happy clapping or whatever its not us that's causing this mess. It's the owners. It's the people who can actually have an influence on the pitch. Vitriol if any should be aimed at them, not between us. And yeh I know ive given it out to a couple of posters and some might say thats a bit rich from me but i don't think I've been too OTT plus if your giving it out then you have to expect to comeback . Which I do and have . The ignore button though is a preposterous comeback...lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sack the board?? on 06:47 - Mar 20 with 1672 viewsDubaiR

Sure there is a way to prevent flooding in this age.

Ground share with one of Fulham or Brentford just as Fulham did with us.
Sack the board?? on 07:06 - Mar 20 with 1646 viewsdistortR

Sack the board?? on 21:39 - Mar 19 by CateLeBonR

Arguably we haven’t ever really recovered from the ‘Thomson Out’ protests. We got new owners yes but look at what has happened since.

I joined in some of the protests then but looking back I had absolutely no idea what I was protesting about. It’s fair enough that people who remember the last time speak out.

I don’t suppose it’ll make any difference mind you. Furthermore I am beginning to think that the structure of the club needs a major rethink. Yes we need a DOF structure but clearly not this one.

To be clear, you're blaming Brian for what's going on?
Hmmm, a common (Very common) enemy to unite the rest of us, yeah, I can get behind that!
Sack the board?? on 07:28 - Mar 20 with 1580 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sack the board?? on 21:01 - Mar 19 by stainrods_elbow

The problem with the owners is they have delegated the running of the club to the wrong people. Whether that was Beard and Hughes or Les and Ramsey, if you put any business in the wrong hands, the results are going to be disastrous. Oh for an owner like Jim Gregory who was hands-on and close enough to the day-to-day running of the club to know when to act if something was going wrong.

I was reading that our current chairman barely turns up to games. That's just not acceptable.

The reason why I'm against the owners (and I understand the meritorious nature of the monthly payments) is that I have zero faith in them ever getting things right. So surely someone else, anyone else, is worth a shot.
Sack the board?? on 08:11 - Mar 20 with 1518 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bizarrely I ended up speaking to Les after the game on Saturday. Wasn’t my intention at all, as I was really trying to ensure some chaps remained calm. A few more fans ambled over, and sensing discussions had gone as far as they could, I thought best to wind it up and as I’m easing fans away next thing, I’m stood in front of Les.

Fair play to him, it would have been easier to ignore upset fans as opposed to addressing a potentially baying mob. Fans were frank, but civil and aired valid points without any nastiness.

I’m not going to say what he said, because his views should be aired officially. However, I said to Les words to the effect that: what I’d just witnessed was totally unacceptable, especially after Blackpool, and there are no excuses he could justifiably make; that whatever is going on, we have too many players ‘unable’ to play and they’ve been signed on his watch; and if, after 8 years, we’re reduced to randomly throwing subs on like that and hoofing in desperation, then is it time Les?

Because that was truly f.....g awful! All at QPR should have expected a positive reaction after Tuesday, not that abject display.

Like a lot on here, I’ve kept my thoughts on the ‘Hail Mary’ appointment of GA and while I don’t doubt the magnitude of the task he faces, or the fact it’s amplified by the incompetence of many before him and the lunacy that’s transpired as the actual running of the club since August 2011, is GA a populist appointment as opposed to a practical long term one?

Singing ‘sack the board’ should not be merely construed as some teens not knowing what they’re saying, but as an indication of the sheer frustration of many that’s built up over 12 years, and which shows no sign of abating anytime soon. Les, Hoos, Tony Pony, GA, Warbs, you, me, R-block and the man on the moon may all know what the problems are, it’s just that I don’t think QPR know how to get out of the mess of the board’s/owner’s own making, as I’m concerned that QPR haven’t got the necessaries to do it?

Next season is going to be awful and we shouldn’t shy away from the fact that there’s a real whiff of unstoppable decay down there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sack the board?? on 08:23 - Mar 20 with 1499 viewsTheChef

"Sack the board" would be a little suicidal for the reasons already mentioned (although I can understand the sentiment) but it's just an easy catch-all chant for the current disenchantment. But new owners with a new sense of impetus and know-how would be refreshing for everyone (of course they're so easy to find...). I assume FFP wouldn't stop any new owner investing in the stadium, advertising, marketing, etc.?

To be honest I'd rather sing "Sack all the players" because at the end of the day they're the ones largely responsible for the position we're in, but that doesn't scan so well.

Mind you, 90 minutes of "You're not fit to wear the hoops" would probably get the message across.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sack the board?? on 08:32 - Mar 20 with 1475 viewsTheChef

Sack the board?? on 08:11 - Mar 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Bizarrely I ended up speaking to Les after the game on Saturday. Wasn’t my intention at all, as I was really trying to ensure some chaps remained calm. A few more fans ambled over, and sensing discussions had gone as far as they could, I thought best to wind it up and as I’m easing fans away next thing, I’m stood in front of Les.

Fair play to him, it would have been easier to ignore upset fans as opposed to addressing a potentially baying mob. Fans were frank, but civil and aired valid points without any nastiness.

I’m not going to say what he said, because his views should be aired officially. However, I said to Les words to the effect that: what I’d just witnessed was totally unacceptable, especially after Blackpool, and there are no excuses he could justifiably make; that whatever is going on, we have too many players ‘unable’ to play and they’ve been signed on his watch; and if, after 8 years, we’re reduced to randomly throwing subs on like that and hoofing in desperation, then is it time Les?

Because that was truly f.....g awful! All at QPR should have expected a positive reaction after Tuesday, not that abject display.

Like a lot on here, I’ve kept my thoughts on the ‘Hail Mary’ appointment of GA and while I don’t doubt the magnitude of the task he faces, or the fact it’s amplified by the incompetence of many before him and the lunacy that’s transpired as the actual running of the club since August 2011, is GA a populist appointment as opposed to a practical long term one?

Singing ‘sack the board’ should not be merely construed as some teens not knowing what they’re saying, but as an indication of the sheer frustration of many that’s built up over 12 years, and which shows no sign of abating anytime soon. Les, Hoos, Tony Pony, GA, Warbs, you, me, R-block and the man on the moon may all know what the problems are, it’s just that I don’t think QPR know how to get out of the mess of the board’s/owner’s own making, as I’m concerned that QPR haven’t got the necessaries to do it?

Next season is going to be awful and we shouldn’t shy away from the fact that there’s a real whiff of unstoppable decay down there.

Very well said.

Re Ainsworth needless to say I very much hope he will be a success for us. But a mate posted on our WhatsApp group the following:

With Ainsworth, I’m not sure that there’s anything to point to in his 10 years at Wycombe (no poaching by other clubs, no compliments for their football, etc) beyond motivational ability to suggest he can do anything at the top end of the championship. If you’re an aspiring talent, would you join the club because you think he’ll make you a prem player? I don’t see it. I hope I’m wrong.

A dose of reality I'm not sure I needed!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sack the board?? on 08:48 - Mar 20 with 1432 viewsPikey

Sack the board…no

Does digging down to get a 25k capacity help? First off we need to find 10k to fill the seats but I thought the problem was the stadium was only used on matchdays does digging down provide the corporate facilities for weddings, conferences etc etc that use the club on the 300+ days when theres no football? The issue is surely getting to ground to earn money on non match days.
Digging down would presumably leave steep stands with ants playing football at the bottom like the away bit at Newcastle.
Sack the board?? on 08:59 - Mar 20 with 1395 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sack the board?? on 08:23 - Mar 20 by TheChef

"Sack the board" would be a little suicidal for the reasons already mentioned (although I can understand the sentiment) but it's just an easy catch-all chant for the current disenchantment. But new owners with a new sense of impetus and know-how would be refreshing for everyone (of course they're so easy to find...). I assume FFP wouldn't stop any new owner investing in the stadium, advertising, marketing, etc.?

To be honest I'd rather sing "Sack all the players" because at the end of the day they're the ones largely responsible for the position we're in, but that doesn't scan so well.

Mind you, 90 minutes of "You're not fit to wear the hoops" would probably get the message across.

I think it’s beyond chanting derision from the terraces to be honest!

Any way, the recipients of such aren’t in the Starting XI, and those that are either lack confidence and/or ability at this level and criticism will only exacerbate the problem.

Such a shame.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sack the board?? on 09:00 - Mar 20 with 1388 viewstoboboly

Sack the board?? on 08:32 - Mar 20 by TheChef

Very well said.

Re Ainsworth needless to say I very much hope he will be a success for us. But a mate posted on our WhatsApp group the following:

With Ainsworth, I’m not sure that there’s anything to point to in his 10 years at Wycombe (no poaching by other clubs, no compliments for their football, etc) beyond motivational ability to suggest he can do anything at the top end of the championship. If you’re an aspiring talent, would you join the club because you think he’ll make you a prem player? I don’t see it. I hope I’m wrong.

A dose of reality I'm not sure I needed!

Conversely he developed Eze and recently Anis Mehmeti.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sack the board?? on 09:10 - Mar 20 with 1362 viewsDubaiR

Honestly I don't know. What I do know is there is either no desire or no support to move completely.

Going down (sure there is a way to do it) means we could have increased attendance as if we ever get back to prem we turn money away. Could look at underground sports complex. The 5 Lakes resort in Chelmsford has something similar. This can be rented out for soccer, gym space etc.

I don't know if any of that is possible. But if Hounslow Fc can cram a new stadium between office blocks and a flyover why can't we get creative?

The GYM, Indoor pitches would generate revenue non match days, and we could rent the team bus out for Rangers ethnic tours similar to Del and Rodney
Sack the board?? on 09:12 - Mar 20 with 1361 viewsBlue_Castello

Sack the board?? on 19:27 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

All talk of ownership change has to stop for the next eight games, or until we're (hopefuuly) safe.

Any protests, any disunity, any action that might destabilise the goal of escaping relegation can only be detrimental.

I say this as one of the leaders of the 'Thompson Out' protests. As I've said often on here, I was proud to help at the time, but regret it in retrospect.

Well Ive read all the posts and Brian's original post still seems the most sensible, we have to get behind the team no matter how pi**ed off you are, there's 8 games to go were 6 points above the drop zone and the potential is within our squad to win games, we didn't get to the top of the table by October without playing good football.

I understand why the kids created the banner and started the chant it's the second game I've heard it sung only this time more people joined in, it's their way of venting their anger which was in abundance at the end of the game. That said do any of them understand Finance and the current FFP regulations, the total debt figures that would have to be paid , everything that has been reported by SimonD shows a much bigger overall debt which is wholly supported by the owners.
You can't sack the board because they own the club so there are only three options, they suck it up as usual and keep paying the money, they put us into administration and walk away or they look for the mythical beast that is a new owner.

Bearing in mind that the chances of getting new owners are slim to nil let's hope the owners want to keep chucking their money in the bin at the rate of £1.8 million a month, it's a mess that's for sure but having watched the interview with Bhatia and Rubén I am convinced they are genuine people trying to do the right thing, they know they made mistakes in the past and they are paying for them now, plenty of other clubs owners have put their clubs into administration instead of absorbing the debt.
The plus side is the owners have financed a brand new training ground which everybody thought would never happen, it's effectively all their money, the Bond is an Investment vehicle which without the owners backing we would lose all our money and yes I did invest and knew the risk I was taking which is that the Bond is only any good whilst the Club has wealthy financial backing.

So it's back to Brian's original post that we have to 100% support the team for the next eight games, Ainsworth has kept saying that some of our best players are coming back from injury and we know from past results that they are capable of winning games, if they show the team spirit, commitment and unity they did against Watford we can stay up.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 9:18]
Sack the board?? on 09:45 - Mar 20 with 1265 viewsrobith

Sack the board?? on 14:08 - Mar 19 by QPR_Jim

Frustrated kids or copying Everton's fans protests?

I reckon so. There are legitimate concerns about the direction of the club that need answers and potentially change, but I can't help think some fans are revelling in it cos it feels like what they've seen other fans do on social and believe that every problem is solved with a magical finger click, like a good substitution
Sack the board?? on 09:53 - Mar 20 with 1241 viewsBklynRanger

Sack the board?? on 08:11 - Mar 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Did you agree with what Les said?
Sack the board?? on 10:30 - Mar 20 with 1153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sack the board?? on 09:00 - Mar 20 by toboboly

Conversely he developed Eze and recently Anis Mehmeti.

David Stockdale said he saved his career.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024