Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall home - match thread 21:12 - Apr 5 with 27938 viewsEllDale

Before anything else is discussed could someone confirm that the kick-off is 3.00pm please?
The official site states this but I’m sure that I read somewhere that it had been brought forward to 2.00pm?
Thanks.
Walsall home - match thread on 23:08 - Apr 8 with 3148 viewskel

Walsall home - match thread on 22:44 - Apr 8 by James1980

He has proper gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole hasn't he

I had a ‘discussion’ with a conspiracy theorist recently on Twitter and, just like all of them, when I asked them for proof they act in stages. First of all they attempt to ignore but if you persevere they’ll tell you to do your own research (ie they don’t have the foggiest what they’re wittering on about and can’t provide said proof). When you repeat the question they block you.

Absolute crackpots who live on a different planet to the rest of us. Now I’m not suggesting ‘Nigel’ is one of those people but if he believed so strongly in his views then he’d use his real name rather than a pseudonym surely? Or is his Twitter username his real name?

I’m all confused now, see what he’s done!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 23:14]
Walsall home - match thread on 23:20 - Apr 8 with 3112 viewsD_Alien

Walsall home - match thread on 23:08 - Apr 8 by kel

I had a ‘discussion’ with a conspiracy theorist recently on Twitter and, just like all of them, when I asked them for proof they act in stages. First of all they attempt to ignore but if you persevere they’ll tell you to do your own research (ie they don’t have the foggiest what they’re wittering on about and can’t provide said proof). When you repeat the question they block you.

Absolute crackpots who live on a different planet to the rest of us. Now I’m not suggesting ‘Nigel’ is one of those people but if he believed so strongly in his views then he’d use his real name rather than a pseudonym surely? Or is his Twitter username his real name?

Reminds me of nothing more than the typical pub bore you can come across any day of the week, propping up a bar in many a hostelry, waiting for someone to come along so he can start regaling them with his trashtalk

His tipple of choice?

[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 23:21]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall home - match thread on 23:37 - Apr 8 with 3081 viewsSandyman

A proper daft identity exposé there. Not the intellectual giant he pretends to be.

One of England's finest guitar-picker's explains Nigel's nonsense quite simply.

Will this username (1) disappear or (2) try to write it's way out of its foolishness come the morning?

I'm going for (2) - numpties can't resist. To be followed by a massive flounce as the user attempts to leave the message board in a blaze of self-aggrandizing glory only itself believes. To our amusement. Again.

Next....
Walsall home - match thread on 00:21 - Apr 9 with 3029 viewsTomRAFC

Walsall home - match thread on 23:37 - Apr 8 by Sandyman

A proper daft identity exposé there. Not the intellectual giant he pretends to be.

One of England's finest guitar-picker's explains Nigel's nonsense quite simply.

Will this username (1) disappear or (2) try to write it's way out of its foolishness come the morning?

I'm going for (2) - numpties can't resist. To be followed by a massive flounce as the user attempts to leave the message board in a blaze of self-aggrandizing glory only itself believes. To our amusement. Again.

Next....

Dave Evans was indeed magnificent.

Oddly enough, Nigel doesn't seem to class folk music, brewing, cooking, poetry, art, or local history, as ways of saving our "culture" which is "under attack". Nigel said so.

I believe canals, pints of mild, and pastry are just "psyops".
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 0:23]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Walsall home - match thread on 06:01 - Apr 9 with 2919 viewsNigelWatson

Gerrit forward!
Walsall home - match thread on 10:28 - Apr 9 with 2583 views442Dale

Walsall home - match thread on 21:11 - Apr 8 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Have we any written agreement to sell the lad to Blackburn? I sincerely hope not as his performance yesterday will have put several clubs on notice & no doubt increased his value. Bidding war please!! We need every penny.

We were talking about this on Saturday, on stats alone his value must have increased since he’s come back into the side with the amount of goals he’s been involved in.

One thing is for certain, he’s rubbished the notion that you can’t play him regularly at the bottom of L2 and it’s such a shame he hasn’t been included all season.

He’s certainly earnt a move, Blackburn will be lucky to have him should it go through. Championship side looking to pass money down the leagues shocker!!!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Walsall home - match thread on 10:43 - Apr 9 with 2552 viewsisitme

Walsall home - match thread on 10:28 - Apr 9 by 442Dale

We were talking about this on Saturday, on stats alone his value must have increased since he’s come back into the side with the amount of goals he’s been involved in.

One thing is for certain, he’s rubbished the notion that you can’t play him regularly at the bottom of L2 and it’s such a shame he hasn’t been included all season.

He’s certainly earnt a move, Blackburn will be lucky to have him should it go through. Championship side looking to pass money down the leagues shocker!!!

It has been a travesty that for the past two seasons he hasn't been played more. Too much focus on perceived physical limitations rather than maximising his exceptional passing ability and building the team around that.
Walsall home - match thread on 11:03 - Apr 9 with 2494 viewskel

I like it when crackpots turn up on here, it’s funny. He’s our own little David Icke.
Login to get fewer ads

Walsall home - match thread on 11:09 - Apr 9 with 2465 viewsfrenzied

Walsall home - match thread on 10:43 - Apr 9 by isitme

It has been a travesty that for the past two seasons he hasn't been played more. Too much focus on perceived physical limitations rather than maximising his exceptional passing ability and building the team around that.

Whilst not doubting his talent i think you'd need to see him over 10 to 15 games to see what his capabilities are.

Unfortunately this opportunity will not be seen at Dale ,hopefully his next club will be more obliging.

He has got great vision and awareness at this level and i hope he can deliver the same when the opposition players are of a higher standard than league 2.

UTD!!
Walsall home - match thread on 11:48 - Apr 9 with 2354 viewsDale_4_Life

Back to the Crazy good Friday game..

When Walsall hit the inside of both posts and the ball stays out you have to think its your day! Great game that could have ended 5-5.

Not sure why Walsalls goal was disallowed (no flag - the ref gave a foul?). Dale 4th goal a mystery never close to actually crosssing the line. Onto Monday where Dale will be fully up against it lets hope we dont lose 1-0 from a short goal kick to EEL or another defender who gets dispossesed and Mansfield stroke the ball into an empty net. Why on earth do we persisit with this crazy tactic.

Really enjoyed Fridays game its noticable how much better we are playing more direct - more pace - more shots - more commitment leading to more luck i am sure.
Walsall home - match thread on 12:18 - Apr 9 with 2268 views442Dale

Walsall home - match thread on 11:48 - Apr 9 by Dale_4_Life

When Walsall hit the inside of both posts and the ball stays out you have to think its your day! Great game that could have ended 5-5.

Not sure why Walsalls goal was disallowed (no flag - the ref gave a foul?). Dale 4th goal a mystery never close to actually crosssing the line. Onto Monday where Dale will be fully up against it lets hope we dont lose 1-0 from a short goal kick to EEL or another defender who gets dispossesed and Mansfield stroke the ball into an empty net. Why on earth do we persisit with this crazy tactic.

Really enjoyed Fridays game its noticable how much better we are playing more direct - more pace - more shots - more commitment leading to more luck i am sure.

This was the point being made about McNulty’s interview after Wimbledon and the insistence to mention players following some agreed “process”. There’s nothing wrong with having a style of play, preferably one which involves passing the ball, but it’s making use of your players attributes and we clearly are a bit better when playing forward thinking, direct football.

Brierley always wants to go forward, that’s why he stand out. He’s actually completely opposite to the BBM type of midfielder who would be looking to involve defenders in build up. Instead he demands it off defenders in a “you don’t need to be looking to pass it” way.

Fully expecting McNulty to get the job now unless we manage to lose the last six, for a multitude of reasons, not that he’s necessarily the preferred route for many. Even if he does, we still don’t need any sort of committee.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Walsall home - match thread on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 2174 viewsDalenet

Walsall home - match thread on 11:48 - Apr 9 by Dale_4_Life

Brierleys post match interview alludes to Jim wanting a more attacking style of play, but playing it on the ground if we can. The way we got behind their very big back 4 was pleasing to see. Thats all we want as fans - to be entertained. We certainly got that and I hope that some of the extra 500 or so fans that came out on Friday can get behind us next week.
Walsall home - match thread on 16:15 - Apr 9 with 1865 viewsDaleiLama

Walsall home - match thread on 11:03 - Apr 9 by kel

I like it when crackpots turn up on here, it’s funny. He’s our own little David Icke.

Ditto. Particularly hoping he sticks around during the off season. They get a lot of daylight up there and when the 'summer madness' hits it could get very entertaining.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 16:17]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Walsall home - match thread on 16:45 - Apr 9 with 1789 viewsBarrowdale

Walsall home - match thread on 16:15 - Apr 9 by DaleiLama

Ditto. Particularly hoping he sticks around during the off season. They get a lot of daylight up there and when the 'summer madness' hits it could get very entertaining.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 16:17]

Friday was exciting and entertaining, however…
ROD had clearly been told to play it short until the cock up plus the sandy giving him hell. Then it all changed for the better and we started attacking. Still feel Saj is obsessed with going backwards but he got better as the gamewent on. Toby in for him though for me, no short goal kicks and Ibs ip front when defending corners. Still a long shot as we prob need 13 ish points. Would be greatif we took it to the final whistle though. Utd
Walsall home - match thread on 18:08 - Apr 9 with 1637 viewsDickydaler

Walsall home - match thread on 16:45 - Apr 9 by Barrowdale

ROD had clearly been told to play it short until the cock up plus the sandy giving him hell. Then it all changed for the better and we started attacking. Still feel Saj is obsessed with going backwards but he got better as the gamewent on. Toby in for him though for me, no short goal kicks and Ibs ip front when defending corners. Still a long shot as we prob need 13 ish points. Would be greatif we took it to the final whistle though. Utd

If we want even more goals we could do with recalling Jordan Scanlon. He's scored 5 goals in his last 3 matches for Rammy!
Walsall home - match thread on 22:20 - Apr 9 with 1345 viewscumbria_dale

The disallowed Walsall goal - defender drags down Lloyd at far post as corner comes in. Watch the highlights, it’s a very clear foul and correct decision
Walsall home - match thread on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 1309 viewsR17ALE

Walsall home - match thread on 16:45 - Apr 9 by Barrowdale

Harrogate are the team we need to aim to catch. Beat them and we're only 5 points adrift as we stand.

And they have to go to Orient and Northampton yet.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 22:45]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Walsall home - match thread on 22:49 - Apr 9 with 1264 viewsBarrowdale

Walsall home - match thread on 22:43 - Apr 9 by R17ALE

Harrogate are the team we need to aim to catch. Beat them and we're only 5 points adrift as we stand.

And they have to go to Orient and Northampton yet.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 22:45]

Agree with Harrogate being the team. Their run in is not easy either
Walsall home - match thread on 22:58 - Apr 9 with 1677 viewsmikehunt

How did Walsall's first goal look? Was it offside?
As for Brierley's "goal" I saw this from very close proximity and the ball did half-cross the line, so a lot lot closer than people think.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Walsall home - match thread on 23:51 - Apr 9 with 1588 viewsTVOS1907

Walsall home - match thread on 22:58 - Apr 9 by mikehunt

How did Walsall's first goal look? Was it offside?
As for Brierley's "goal" I saw this from very close proximity and the ball did half-cross the line, so a lot lot closer than people think.

Dodgson played Matt onside or was at least level. It was mentioned almost immediately by those watching on ifoller and has been referenced on here somewhere.

I think Max Taylor's goal has gone under the radar a bit. What a nonchalant, but tremendous finish from a central defender.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Walsall home - match thread on 00:07 - Apr 10 with 1570 views49thseason

Walsall home - match thread on 23:51 - Apr 9 by TVOS1907

Dodgson played Matt onside or was at least level. It was mentioned almost immediately by those watching on ifoller and has been referenced on here somewhere.

I think Max Taylor's goal has gone under the radar a bit. What a nonchalant, but tremendous finish from a central defender.

And the shot that turned into an assist for Henderson....I told you Max could play Centre Forward!
Walsall home - match thread on 00:23 - Apr 10 with 1568 viewsD_Alien

Was also great to see, since he'd missed that very late chance in the 4-4 against Swindon

He's turning into one of my favourite Dale players. His defending has come on leaps and bounds and he's got more stature now

Sure, he'll have the odd game where he'll struggle (i.e. Wimbledon) but he's still relatively inexperienced - he could hardly get a game earlier in the season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall home - match thread on 04:37 - Apr 10 with 1490 viewsfrenzied

Clearly has the confidence to have a go..lets hope for more today.
Walsall home - match thread on 07:21 - Apr 10 with 1439 viewsrkershaw

Taylor scored an absolute screamer from outside the box last season......can't remember who against......got it in his locker for sure!! ;)
Walsall home - match thread on 09:06 - Apr 10 with 1301 viewsDaleiLama

Walsall home - match thread on 07:21 - Apr 10 by rkershaw

Taylor scored an absolute screamer from outside the box last season......can't remember who against......got it in his locker for sure!! ;)

There's the official footage, but this is the best coverage of that goal imho

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024