Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
False Dawns 07:47 - May 3 with 10335 viewsSheffield_dale

Scott Quigley. He was our saviour in the first few weeks. A perfect focal point that could play off. After that he was one of the most useless strikers I've ever seen at Dale, more concerned with arguing with oppo players, fans and officials. He's obviously been sent back all hush hush and scored an own goal for Stockport B.

Got me thinking, has there been any other players that started off really well and fell massively off the cliff?
False Dawns on 08:30 - May 4 with 2733 viewsKenBoon

False Dawns on 23:01 - May 3 by rickyprickles

Isden Christie, a lot was expected of him but didn’t do much if I remember correctly

He looked really fast and tricky on his debut against Oxford United I think. I left the ground overhearing someone say he was "mint". He played quite well to be fair, but I recall that being about that.
False Dawns on 08:55 - May 4 with 2672 viewsdingdangblue

False Dawns on 23:51 - May 3 by Sandyman

Aye, we can put Brett Ormerod in with him as well.

And Liam Dickinson.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

False Dawns on 09:32 - May 4 with 2618 viewsDale92

was never really a dawn for him but Mark Jones? when we got him from Wrexham he was in the Wales squad, never understood what happened with him, his career died here after being touted for big things

This is the One, I've waited for

False Dawns on 09:53 - May 4 with 2590 viewsBluebottle

Kevin Kyle on loan from Sunderland at the turn of the century.
Came for game time with rave reviews, but looked like he'd never kicked a football in his life and played only a handful of games.before retuning to the NE.
Amazingly he went on to be capped by Scotland???
False Dawns on 10:01 - May 4 with 2556 viewsChaffRAFC

Gary Madine on loan, was highly rated at the time and came in and did nothing.

Lee Hodges is the best example for me, I've never been so excited about a signing to the point I went and stuck £50 on us winning the league based on that signing alone.

Came in and couldn't walk/run coz of a foot issue and it was a huge let down of a signing and I don't think I've ever really got over it!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

False Dawns on 11:11 - May 4 with 2426 viewsDaleiLama

Only this season ..... although he never started - well or otherwise.

Rochdale Football Club are delighted to announce the return of Dan Adshead.

The 21-year-old joins on loan from Cheltenham Town until the end of the season.

A product of our Academy, Adshead returns to the club three-and-a-half years after departing for Norwich City.

Jim Bentley is delighted to bring the midfielder back to the Crown Oil Arena.

“Dan knows the club well and is a local boy,” said the gaffer.

“He’s played at a good level, both home and abroad, since he left as a youngster.

“We have tried to get fresh blood into all areas of the squad, and I’m pleased Dan has agreed to come back to Rochdale, where it all began for him, and we wish him well for the rest of the season.”
[Post edited 4 May 2023 11:11]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

False Dawns on 12:37 - May 4 with 2348 viewsjudd

Craig Dawnson

Poll: What is it to be then?

False Dawns on 14:12 - May 4 with 2188 viewsYadHoDale

False Dawns on 10:01 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Lee Hodges is the best example for me, I've never been so excited about a signing to the point I went and stuck £50 on us winning the league based on that signing alone.

Came in and couldn't walk/run coz of a foot issue and it was a huge let down of a signing and I don't think I've ever really got over it!

I thought that Madine was signed when he was a young lad (18 or 19). Dale took him for a month as a favour to Carlisle as they thought it desirable to get him away from some of his drinking mates in the town, who were not doing him any favours career-wise. Seems like it may have worked - gone on to have a decent career.
Login to get fewer ads

False Dawns on 14:22 - May 4 with 2169 viewsDaleiLama

Born in Wales. French my @rse.

False Dawns on 14:58 - May 4 with 2134 viewsrickyprickles

Ok I don’t remember correctly 😜
False Dawns on 15:21 - May 4 with 2100 viewsdavidab2202

False Dawns on 14:12 - May 4 by YadHoDale

I thought that Madine was signed when he was a young lad (18 or 19). Dale took him for a month as a favour to Carlisle as they thought it desirable to get him away from some of his drinking mates in the town, who were not doing him any favours career-wise. Seems like it may have worked - gone on to have a decent career.

Decent career ,but seem to think he has still crossed over to the wrong side of the law on a couple of occasions and possibly drink may have been involved
False Dawns on 15:50 - May 4 with 2054 viewsjudd

False Dawns on 14:22 - May 4 by DaleiLama

Born in Wales. French my @rse.

Ah, but she was married to Lenny Henri.

Poll: What is it to be then?

False Dawns on 15:59 - May 4 with 2020 viewsChaffRAFC

False Dawns on 14:12 - May 4 by YadHoDale

Yeah I think you're right but he was still very highly rated at the time and big things were expected of him and he's played quite a bit of that season for Carlisle to that point so I expected him to come in and do well but he was poor.

Zach Clough is another great example of someone I expected loads more from! Had done superbly for Bolton in the Championship and League One at a young age, then got a big money move to Forest and was never the same. Not even setting the A-League alight now and he's only just turned 28.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

False Dawns on 18:04 - May 4 with 1861 viewsDaleiLama

False Dawns on 15:50 - May 4 by judd

Ah, but she was married to Lenny Henri.

If it had been Thierry "Henri" she would have been justified in calling herself the vicar of dribbly too?

False Dawns on 16:24 - May 6 with 1476 viewsArthurDaley

From the very depths of my mind , someone called De Souza, said he was here to score goals , goals goals. Yep never scored.

A large VAT Dave

False Dawns on 16:33 - May 6 with 1455 viewsTVOS1907

False Dawns on 16:24 - May 6 by ArthurDaley

From the very depths of my mind , someone called De Souza, said he was here to score goals , goals goals. Yep never scored.

Miguel De Souza - no goals in 5 appearances in Oct/Nov 1998.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

False Dawns on 17:13 - May 6 with 1369 viewsSalwaDale

False Dawns on 10:01 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Absolutely this with Lee Hodges. I am still far from over that. Honestly thought it would be the best signing we had every made. Have never been able to get really excited about a signing since.

TBBT

False Dawns on 09:35 - May 7 with 1137 viewsmeeee

I was wondering what happened to Clive Mayo-Modise and it says on his wikipedia that whilst at Rochdale he attracted a number of clubs in the higher leagues including Liverpool and Bolton. I don't remember him being quite that good! The clubs he played for after us are Bidvest Wits in South Africa, Mossley, Altrincham, Ashton United
[Post edited 7 May 2023 9:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024