Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? 15:04 - May 26 with 25875 viewsTalkingSutty

In just over a months time the players will be reporting back for pre-season training, the fans are currently in the dark regarding what to expect next season. Is there anybody actually running the club at the moment and could our Chairman please start to show some sort of leadership qualities? As a shareholder I'm now wondering if those in the Boardroom are fit for purpose, I can't be the only one thinking along those lines. If they can't take us any further then please say and let's see if as shareholders/the Trust/ fans we can source others to run the club ( it doesn't have to be Chris Dunphy etc). I would like to see a EGM called because at the moment the club is going down the plug hole and the silence is deafening. It seems to me that the only ambition that the Chairman and Directors now have is to find a investor and what happens on and off the pitch is secondary.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:32]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:32 - May 28 with 3120 viewsNorthernDale

I would agree, the board should have a five year plan to regain our EFL status, in the same way Dunphy had a plan to get into league 1. However I suspect (and I hope I am wrong), the present board would be more then happy for us to finish mid-table for a few years.

The sad thing is, with the promotion of Wrexham and Notts County, the national league is quite even and with the right recruitment any team could be challenging for promotion. So who we keep and not sell, and crucially who we recruitment will be an indication of the board's ambitions or lack of them, only time will tell. McNulty should already be talking to targets and getting them on board, so they are embedded into the squad.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 8:44]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:45 - May 28 with 3084 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:30 - May 28 by electricblue

I have always thought that Kelly, Rawlinson and the rest are responsible for the decline of Dale over the past 5 seasons or so.
Practically giving Bottomley total control is the icing on the cake of where Dale are today..

Back to Dunphy.
I for one do not blame him for selling his shares to the americans at all because lets face it Dunphy was chairman and a chairman who is part of the successful years.
Then Bottomley i can only presume was jealous and wanted Dunphy out and then he could put himself as the man, the man in sole charge of Dale..

So what Bottomley did left a very bitter taste on Dunphys palate and a rush of blood to Dunphys brain was to say feckem(the board) and thus he sold up, now how many would have done the same!
A good percentage of supporters i reckon...

What this board ard most probably failing to even recognise is Dunphys experience in running a football as what SG and the rest know you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

As a few have stated that there maybe still ill feelings festering towards Dunphy from past BoD who may still have some form of influence on the current BoD if that is so then we need the trust and fans who are shareholders(collectively) to call an EGM and get this sorted as these old boys are still a part of the decline and problem..
[Post edited 28 May 2023 10:33]

Good post
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:54 - May 28 with 2975 viewssamueloneils

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:45 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Good post

Don`t you think Simon Guage and Co have more on their mind just now rather than come up with some grand scheme for the future?

Such as - how to ensure the club`s survival during the next few weeks.

Between now and the end of July they have to square the following issues.

1. With the lossof gate money and no new income coming in coupled with a huge wage bill for May and June coupled with PAYE and Vat, that is 2 months of the club`s annual expenses. Lets say £200k.

2. The phones must be red hot with the club and agents desperately trying to offload players no longer required or to renegotiate contracts. I doubt there are any so-called "relegation clauses".

Until this settles down how can they possibly look at new recruits. My guess is that agents will hang on as late as possible knowing players are paid up till 30 June.

If so surely the makeup of a new team is the priority for the Board.

3. i would not expect the Directors to admit this but I suspect we are in the middle of a financial crisis. I think the loss of the Bierley money ,even at £80k and maybe not paid immediately, is something of a disaster.

This is what the Directors are there to do. Grand plans can surely wait.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:08 - May 28 with 2941 viewsHullDale

This thread seems to have descended into a 'current board or Chris Dunphy' debate, & I doubt that was TS's intention.

My view is that, following the abrupt change in strategy from fan owned, the current BoD decided to just 'keep the lights on' in 2023, either just ignoring or paying lip service to the trust & fans, in the hope that an investor would come in and they could recoup their investment and leave without ever dealing with the myriad of on/off pitch issues & answering the questions being asked.

As much as we remain grateful to the BoD for stepping in financially to see off Morton House, there is a danger that this legacy becomes more and more tarnished with every week that passes without any clear communication, direction, strategy or improvement.

The question that keeps cropping up in my mind - in the last 12-24 months, what has palpably improved at RAFC?

Football Performance?
Communication?
Connection between fans & the club?
Commercial Activities?
Relationships with sponsors, suppliers & key stakeholders?
Retail?
Hospitality?
Finances?
Media Output?
Ways of Working & Culture?

The ongoing reluctance of the powers that be to engage, to change, to grow, to develop, leads to many more questions than answers. Individuals being abused on social media etc is wrong, obviously, but individuals facing questions & being held to account for performance & output is not only to be expected but encouraged... that's business.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:42 - May 28 with 2874 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:18 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Go and speak to the people involved at the time, there are no 'links' to post.

Neither is there a single link on here to be found from 'certain quarters' during the 9/10 month period between December 2020 and October 2021 - the entire period of the "crying" forum, appearance of Morton House, AGM/EGM which ousted Bottomley followed by desperation to keep the wolves from the door, right through to the start of the SG period as Chairman - in other words, the most fraught period in the club's history

We've recently had others appearing out of the woodwork who contributed not a thing during that entire period. Okay - it's not compulsory to do so - but it makes one wonder why they're putting their oar in now, as if they're massively concerned

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:47 - May 28 with 2852 viewselectricblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:54 - May 28 by samueloneils

Don`t you think Simon Guage and Co have more on their mind just now rather than come up with some grand scheme for the future?

1. With the lossof gate money and no new income coming in coupled with a huge wage bill for May and June coupled with PAYE and Vat, that is 2 months of the club`s annual expenses. Lets say £200k.

2. The phones must be red hot with the club and agents desperately trying to offload players no longer required or to renegotiate contracts. I doubt there are any so-called "relegation clauses".

Until this settles down how can they possibly look at new recruits. My guess is that agents will hang on as late as possible knowing players are paid up till 30 June.

3. i would not expect the Directors to admit this but I suspect we are in the middle of a financial crisis. I think the loss of the Bierley money ,even at £80k and maybe not paid immediately, is something of a disaster.

"With the lossof gate money and no new income coming in coupled with a huge wage bill for May and June coupled with PAYE and Vat, that is 2 months of the club`s annual expenses. Lets say £200k."

Surely that amount or a bit more is calculated for during the season and put to one side instead hoping that enough comes through in season ticket sales.....

We know that SG said that the board are working to to ensure that there will be a club in 10yrs time and that they talking to possible investors..

One question at what stage are these talks?

What is taking so long for these to invest are the typical talk the talk type but dont actually walk the walk....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:26 - May 28 with 2758 viewsDalenet

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:54 - May 28 by samueloneils

"lets say £200k". If only. Our monthly operating costs were almost £500k a month two seasons ago. Even after relegation to League Two and cost cutting, we are still needing to spend £350k a month. If I remember rightly, league monies come through at the end of the season and that helps clubs get through summer. Had we been in financial difficulties the Board would sell season tickets - waiting until the end of the first week in June to sell them suggests we have enough to get by for now.

I agree that the Board will be focussed on preparing plans for the National League. They will have set a budget and Jim will be doing what he needs to do to shape shift and target players. This time of year is always quiet and many will be taking some long deserved holiday time.

I think the trouble with the perceived vacuum this year is that the fans are in shock. Losing our EFL status feels a bit like a period of mourning. Sad and Angry emotions means people lash out looking for answers. I think we have to wait a few weeks. If there is still a vacuum by the time we get to July then we can justify criticism of the Board. If the Board was manipulating us then I would have expected Murray to resign from it. He hasn't and so we have to assume that they are behaving responsibly.

Not sure what the motives of an EGM could be - unless shareholders want to remove Board Directors. A shareholders forum where questions can be asked might be a better proposal.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:28 - May 28 with 2758 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:47 - May 28 by electricblue

"With the lossof gate money and no new income coming in coupled with a huge wage bill for May and June coupled with PAYE and Vat, that is 2 months of the club`s annual expenses. Lets say £200k."

Surely that amount or a bit more is calculated for during the season and put to one side instead hoping that enough comes through in season ticket sales.....

We know that SG said that the board are working to to ensure that there will be a club in 10yrs time and that they talking to possible investors..

One question at what stage are these talks?

What is taking so long for these to invest are the typical talk the talk type but dont actually walk the walk....

We will also receive a parachute payment this summer from the EFL, i think that's in the region of £500K. We receive a final payment the season after which equates to 50% of this summers total.
Login to get fewer ads

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:59 - May 28 with 2549 viewsNigelWatson

What's the minimum price Gauge will accept per share?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:04 - May 28 with 2533 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:25 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

The questions that are being posed are legitimate ones, the easiest thing is just to keep quiet and see where we end up, don't upset people and don't rock the boat. It seems that those in the Boardroom are just expecting somebody to turn up and sink millions into the club, a failing club at that.

Investment into the club doesn't have to be purely in monetary terms, if you get the right people in the boardroom with passion, drive, determination and importantly expertise in their field then that in turn generates money and it can be a on going cash generator. A good manager with contacts can do that also. At the moment i don't think we have neither.

If things continue as they are then very soon we will be struggling to maintain and run the stadium, one more relegation and that will be a very real possibility. This time next season we could realistically be having that conversation. You can have all the caveats you want on the stadium but if we can't afford to run it then selling it might be the only option. It appears to me as though the club is being run down and nobody in the boardroom has the appetite or skill set to get it up and functioning properly. Sleep walking into oblivion is how it feels to me. The land is prime for building houses on and as fans that's something that always needs to be at the forefront of our minds.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 14:46]

Does Gauge have an interest in property development? Only time will tell.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:47 - May 28 with 2366 viewsEllGazzell

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:59 - May 28 by NigelWatson

What's the minimum price Gauge will accept per share?

You thinking of buying him out?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:03 - May 28 with 2332 viewsNorthernDale

Any criticism I have of the board is based around ambition, whilst recognising they have to put this against financial stability. I would not imply the chairman as an ulterior motive in his or the boards actions and no one should do so.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 16:19]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:17 - May 28 with 2085 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:28 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

We will also receive a parachute payment this summer from the EFL, i think that's in the region of £500K. We receive a final payment the season after which equates to 50% of this summers total.

Which means, commercially, we have 12 months to find an extra £250,000 and 24 months to turn that into £500,000 per season, just to stand still as we are now.
Every minute should now be spent developing the financial income streams that will raise that sort of money or we will simply keep falling through the divisions until our income matches other clubs around us or we go bust.
Clearly the Board are working to bring in an investor on terms we will at least be able to live with, even if they are not entirely to our liking, this, however, is the point I feel, that the Trust has to earn its corn, the urgent need is to set out a clear plan for the increasing of attendances and raising of monthly income and then to be prepared to implement aspects of that plan that the Board cannot or will not do given their financial constraints and urgent need to improve aspects of the playing staff and other priorities.
We cannot sit back and throw unanswerable questions if we , (the Trust) aren't prepared to take on some of the heavy lifting. If the club isn't leaving or cannot leave the current Lotto contract, then we must build a bigger and better and separate operation. If funds dont allow a significant enhancement of the commercial department then we have to step in where we can. Making suggestions is all well and good, but if the resources dont exist within the club, to carry them out then its time to build our own Supporters Army and do it anyway. Then we can claim to be fan owned and fan led and sustainably financed.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:22 - May 28 with 2080 viewselectricblue

Just a thought..
We have on here been taling about how relegation will affect the club fiancially with monies from the EFL etc reducing if Dale do not bounce back etc..

But what about sponsorship..
Are there relegation clauses in the deals on how much they will pay!
Will some companies cease to adverise their companies on the pitch boards etc....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:51 - May 28 with 2046 viewsSuddenLad

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:22 - May 28 by electricblue

Just a thought..
We have on here been taling about how relegation will affect the club fiancially with monies from the EFL etc reducing if Dale do not bounce back etc..

But what about sponsorship..
Are there relegation clauses in the deals on how much they will pay!
Will some companies cease to adverise their companies on the pitch boards etc....

The sponsors, pitchside, stands and shirts, will get more TV coverage next season than they ever have before.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:03 - May 28 with 2026 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:17 - May 28 by 49thseason

Which means, commercially, we have 12 months to find an extra £250,000 and 24 months to turn that into £500,000 per season, just to stand still as we are now.
Every minute should now be spent developing the financial income streams that will raise that sort of money or we will simply keep falling through the divisions until our income matches other clubs around us or we go bust.
Clearly the Board are working to bring in an investor on terms we will at least be able to live with, even if they are not entirely to our liking, this, however, is the point I feel, that the Trust has to earn its corn, the urgent need is to set out a clear plan for the increasing of attendances and raising of monthly income and then to be prepared to implement aspects of that plan that the Board cannot or will not do given their financial constraints and urgent need to improve aspects of the playing staff and other priorities.
We cannot sit back and throw unanswerable questions if we , (the Trust) aren't prepared to take on some of the heavy lifting. If the club isn't leaving or cannot leave the current Lotto contract, then we must build a bigger and better and separate operation. If funds dont allow a significant enhancement of the commercial department then we have to step in where we can. Making suggestions is all well and good, but if the resources dont exist within the club, to carry them out then its time to build our own Supporters Army and do it anyway. Then we can claim to be fan owned and fan led and sustainably financed.

Supporters and the Trust have already put hours in attending meetings, the last one was four weeks ago now. Anyone who attended would have seen that.

The commitment is there. It’s on the club now to not only answer questions but to act. If you can point us towards anything from the club which mentions working with the Trust on suggestions/ideas/offers of help after the supporters meetings, that would be a start. (not via the Trust, but the club’s own communications)

It’s a start we should have seen as soon as those meetings were completed. Without the club’s agreement, what more can the Trust and supporters do? The next stage is for the Trust to communicate with everyone exactly how much of their hard work and the supporters input will actually be acted upon with a clear plan. And if not, why not.

The clock isn’t just ticking. It’s whizzing by. We are now almost in June.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 19:05]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:23 - May 28 with 1973 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:03 - May 28 by 442Dale

Supporters and the Trust have already put hours in attending meetings, the last one was four weeks ago now. Anyone who attended would have seen that.

The commitment is there. It’s on the club now to not only answer questions but to act. If you can point us towards anything from the club which mentions working with the Trust on suggestions/ideas/offers of help after the supporters meetings, that would be a start. (not via the Trust, but the club’s own communications)

It’s a start we should have seen as soon as those meetings were completed. Without the club’s agreement, what more can the Trust and supporters do? The next stage is for the Trust to communicate with everyone exactly how much of their hard work and the supporters input will actually be acted upon with a clear plan. And if not, why not.

The clock isn’t just ticking. It’s whizzing by. We are now almost in June.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 19:05]

Yes, time is revealing. And it will be so again with Simon Gauge and RAFC.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:30 - May 28 with 1972 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:23 - May 28 by NigelWatson

Have you contacted the Trust with offers of help or any questions you’d like them to raise?

It would be something positive that could benefit our football club.

If not, and it’s up to you because I can’t stop it, maybe avoid using my posts to reply to.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 20:18 - May 28 with 1909 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:23 - May 28 by NigelWatson

Why do you never answer questions, Nidge?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 21:17 - May 28 with 1805 viewsSandyman

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 20:18 - May 28 by kel

He's only an attention seeking wind up merchant, with nothing constructive to offer. Who gives a $h!t
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 21:47 - May 28 with 1733 viewsHullDale

Whatever 'Nigel's' motives, I'd suggest his postings that clearly have a personal vendetta give the club a valid reason to just ignore these threads and bat them away as 'personal abuse'.

Doing that ruins all of the brilliant, valid suggestions that other posters make on these threads, & that's a waste.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 21:56 - May 28 with 1705 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 21:47 - May 28 by HullDale

Whatever 'Nigel's' motives, I'd suggest his postings that clearly have a personal vendetta give the club a valid reason to just ignore these threads and bat them away as 'personal abuse'.

Doing that ruins all of the brilliant, valid suggestions that other posters make on these threads, & that's a waste.

Agreed. The bloke is a genuine crackpot as displayed by his bizarre content elsewhere on the internet (hope that’s ok with the mods!).

He really has no idea what he’s actually wittering on about, be it RAFC, or the world in general. He needs help.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:07 - May 28 with 1686 viewsD_Alien

Might i also suggest that his sense of psychological wellbeing depends upon being "heard"

In a sense, it doesn't matter how we respond to him, he needs to feel as if he's having some kind of impact - perhaps because of a massive hole in his life, whereby he's unable to make much of a direct impact with people IRL

This forum offers him an opportunity. If he'd had any real interest in Dale, he'd have been all over the events of 2021 as i suggested earlier today. Same, incidentally, with "others" who've joined in recently, having been contributors prior to 2021. They've self-identified by down voting my earlier post

Nige will classify this as a "word salad" - a stock phrase used by those to whom the internet is more real than everyday human experience. The vast majority of his posts consist of the same stock phrases, repeated over and over. That shows his limitations as well as his lack of human contact which allows for varied language when engaging on a forum
[Post edited 28 May 2023 22:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:29 - May 29 with 1519 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 20:18 - May 28 by kel

Some questions can't be answered at the current time, but time is revealing, so the answer will be known at some point in the future.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:31 - May 29 with 1517 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:07 - May 28 by D_Alien

Might i also suggest that his sense of psychological wellbeing depends upon being "heard"

In a sense, it doesn't matter how we respond to him, he needs to feel as if he's having some kind of impact - perhaps because of a massive hole in his life, whereby he's unable to make much of a direct impact with people IRL

This forum offers him an opportunity. If he'd had any real interest in Dale, he'd have been all over the events of 2021 as i suggested earlier today. Same, incidentally, with "others" who've joined in recently, having been contributors prior to 2021. They've self-identified by down voting my earlier post

Nige will classify this as a "word salad" - a stock phrase used by those to whom the internet is more real than everyday human experience. The vast majority of his posts consist of the same stock phrases, repeated over and over. That shows his limitations as well as his lack of human contact which allows for varied language when engaging on a forum
[Post edited 28 May 2023 22:09]

You backed Coleman
You backed Bentley
Now you're backing Gauge

Enough said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024