Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? 15:04 - May 26 with 26105 viewsTalkingSutty

In just over a months time the players will be reporting back for pre-season training, the fans are currently in the dark regarding what to expect next season. Is there anybody actually running the club at the moment and could our Chairman please start to show some sort of leadership qualities? As a shareholder I'm now wondering if those in the Boardroom are fit for purpose, I can't be the only one thinking along those lines. If they can't take us any further then please say and let's see if as shareholders/the Trust/ fans we can source others to run the club ( it doesn't have to be Chris Dunphy etc). I would like to see a EGM called because at the moment the club is going down the plug hole and the silence is deafening. It seems to me that the only ambition that the Chairman and Directors now have is to find a investor and what happens on and off the pitch is secondary.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:32]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:44 - May 29 with 2842 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 21:47 - May 28 by HullDale

Whatever 'Nigel's' motives, I'd suggest his postings that clearly have a personal vendetta give the club a valid reason to just ignore these threads and bat them away as 'personal abuse'.

Doing that ruins all of the brilliant, valid suggestions that other posters make on these threads, & that's a waste.

Nobody should ask questions????
Not allowed!
Has Gauge done a good job so far?????? PS We have just been relegated from the EFL.
And as the title of this thread points out - do we even know what has motivated Gauge to get involved with RAFC?

But no questions must be asked at the current time, eh?
It's naughty to even have the temerity to even ask people in power questions, right?
In modern Britain, asking questions is: "Not allowed"
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:47 - May 29 with 2829 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:29 - May 29 by NigelWatson

Some questions can't be answered at the current time, but time is revealing, so the answer will be known at some point in the future.

That’s not what I asked.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 06:35 - May 29 with 2805 viewsrichfoad32

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:07 - May 28 by D_Alien

Might i also suggest that his sense of psychological wellbeing depends upon being "heard"

In a sense, it doesn't matter how we respond to him, he needs to feel as if he's having some kind of impact - perhaps because of a massive hole in his life, whereby he's unable to make much of a direct impact with people IRL

This forum offers him an opportunity. If he'd had any real interest in Dale, he'd have been all over the events of 2021 as i suggested earlier today. Same, incidentally, with "others" who've joined in recently, having been contributors prior to 2021. They've self-identified by down voting my earlier post

Nige will classify this as a "word salad" - a stock phrase used by those to whom the internet is more real than everyday human experience. The vast majority of his posts consist of the same stock phrases, repeated over and over. That shows his limitations as well as his lack of human contact which allows for varied language when engaging on a forum
[Post edited 28 May 2023 22:09]

Isn't it easier for everyone just to block him rather than turning every thread into tedious arguments with him?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 06:42 - May 29 with 2779 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 06:35 - May 29 by richfoad32

Isn't it easier for everyone just to block him rather than turning every thread into tedious arguments with him?

Personally I don’t think so. I’ve never blocked anyone on here and never will as people clearly out to cause trouble need challenging.

Even simpletons like Nidge.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:59 - May 29 with 2726 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 06:35 - May 29 by richfoad32

Those who've been abusive to the board on other media have, i'd suggest, had an effect upon how the board view fans. It's wrong, it shouldn't be that way, you know that - but they're only human

Saddos such as Nige aren't abusive as such, but in making scurrilous suggestions based on nothing, they'd have the same effect on anyone from the club reading them. So whilst i agree with you that he's an idiot, he really should be countered, for that reason alone. I understand why others might disagree with that, but it's not just "arguing for the sake of it"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:04 - May 29 with 2719 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:31 - May 29 by NigelWatson

You backed Coleman
You backed Bentley
Now you're backing Gauge

Enough said.

Either you can't read my criticisms of the way the board are acting under Simon Gauge's chairmanship or the post you've responded to is true

Which is it?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:55 - May 29 with 2650 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:44 - May 29 by NigelWatson

Not allowed!
Has Gauge done a good job so far?????? PS We have just been relegated from the EFL.
And as the title of this thread points out - do we even know what has motivated Gauge to get involved with RAFC?

It's naughty to even have the temerity to even ask people in power questions, right?

You're wrong, that's not what the title of this thread indicates at all. It doesn't ask what motivated Gauge to get involved with the club and that's not what i insinuated when i posted it.

My personal belief is that those in the Boardroom where motivated to save the club from a hostile takeover and they did a brilliant job in that respect. However, that is a completely separate issue to actually running a professional football club from top to bottom and recruiting the right people to push the club forward, instilling a winning ethic around the club and engaging with the supporters and the Town in general. The evidence shows that they have done the opposite to that and it appears to me as though nobody in the boardroom has the skill set or the desire to turn things around.

The task is too big for them and the fans should be asking questions, but the failings haven't be done on purpose, they are clearly out of their depth and that shouldn't surprise anybody. They have no experience of running a football club or dealing with managers and agents, recruiting players etc. The Chairman certainly hasn't and neither have any of the Directors.

Contrary to what you think Nigel, the Chairman and Directors aren't the enemy, they are well meaning people who have bitten off more than they can chew and paid a lot of money for the pleasure. Don't misinterpret the concerns of supporters as a hatred towards those who stepped up and saved it because it's nothing of the sort. Awkward questions need asking and as concerned supporters we should all be doing that.

I would like clarification as to the aims and ambitions for this upcoming season, what those in the Boardroom deem as success? That's the meaning behind the title of the thread. If it's a positive message with a well thought out plan it might boost season ticket sales. No matter how poor their performance when it comes to running the club they will always be able to step back and be welcomed by the fans as supporters. None of us will forget the sacrifices they made to keep the club out of the clutches of Morton House and you should be very grateful for that Nigel, i hope you are.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:24 - May 29 with 2603 viewsTVOS1907

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 05:44 - May 29 by NigelWatson

Not allowed!

The title of the thread points out nothing of the sort and knowing TS as I do, you couldn’t be further away from his rationale for posting.

But you probably know that and are just stirring for the sake of it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:31 - May 29 with 2590 viewsHullDale

Not allowed!

Read my post from earlier in the thread (the one you 'liked'!) & you'll see I'm asking plenty of questions.

But your tone is coming across as personal, & we know from other social media forums that SG won't engage if that is the case, he'll block & move on. & as I said earlier, any of the searching questions asked by TS, or constructive criticism ideas / feedback in these threads, gets lost as collateral damage.

You consistently suggest that SG has ulterior motives, such as property development, but have offered nothing to back it up. If that's legitimate, share the proof... none of this 'I can't say yet'... if its a real concern, & there is proof, post it on here & you'll quickly find that people back you. If there isn't proof, or you can't / won't provide it, you shouldn't be surprised by the reaction you get.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:45 - May 29 with 2467 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:03 - May 28 by 442Dale

Supporters and the Trust have already put hours in attending meetings, the last one was four weeks ago now. Anyone who attended would have seen that.

The commitment is there. It’s on the club now to not only answer questions but to act. If you can point us towards anything from the club which mentions working with the Trust on suggestions/ideas/offers of help after the supporters meetings, that would be a start. (not via the Trust, but the club’s own communications)

It’s a start we should have seen as soon as those meetings were completed. Without the club’s agreement, what more can the Trust and supporters do? The next stage is for the Trust to communicate with everyone exactly how much of their hard work and the supporters input will actually be acted upon with a clear plan. And if not, why not.

The clock isn’t just ticking. It’s whizzing by. We are now almost in June.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 19:05]

My position is that the Trust has done the market surveying and produced a list of thoughts and ideas which represent the way the supporters see the current situation. The ball is now in the board's court to respond. In the event the response is less than we might regard as reasonable then we, the trust and any other interested parties will need to shoulder the burden with or without the help and assistance of the Clubs Board and employees. The Board raised the idea of a Volunteer Army, if they now cannot deliver then its down to us.
For those of us who have been long-term supporters, this is becoming an existential matter. Clearly from comments on here the relationship between club and fans is deteriorating for a lack of clear information, if they cannot make the situation clearer then they should say so.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:05 - May 29 with 2435 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:45 - May 29 by 49thseason

My position is that the Trust has done the market surveying and produced a list of thoughts and ideas which represent the way the supporters see the current situation. The ball is now in the board's court to respond. In the event the response is less than we might regard as reasonable then we, the trust and any other interested parties will need to shoulder the burden with or without the help and assistance of the Clubs Board and employees. The Board raised the idea of a Volunteer Army, if they now cannot deliver then its down to us.
For those of us who have been long-term supporters, this is becoming an existential matter. Clearly from comments on here the relationship between club and fans is deteriorating for a lack of clear information, if they cannot make the situation clearer then they should say so.

But your own solution is lacking in clarity

In suggesting the Trust should commence fund-raising in the absence of the club engaging more fully with commercial activity, what do you propose should happen to those "parallel" funds? One option would be to buy shares, but that'd be a very long process to acquire any further influence. As it stands, i think the Trust's 13% (highest) stake is well worthy of greater clout than what often appears like a token place on the board (again- the position, not the individual)

The other options: hand the funds over to the club to help out - that money then becomes used by those we're questioning over the use of funds; or put aside for some eventuality which may not be possible to influence if a majority shareholder is found and the current board bail out

The other alternative - and one which is slowly but surely looming into view - is an EGM. If so, we all need to be perfectly clear what the purpose would be
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:07]

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:16 - May 29 with 2411 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:31 - May 29 by HullDale

Read my post from earlier in the thread (the one you 'liked'!) & you'll see I'm asking plenty of questions.

But your tone is coming across as personal, & we know from other social media forums that SG won't engage if that is the case, he'll block & move on. & as I said earlier, any of the searching questions asked by TS, or constructive criticism ideas / feedback in these threads, gets lost as collateral damage.

You consistently suggest that SG has ulterior motives, such as property development, but have offered nothing to back it up. If that's legitimate, share the proof... none of this 'I can't say yet'... if its a real concern, & there is proof, post it on here & you'll quickly find that people back you. If there isn't proof, or you can't / won't provide it, you shouldn't be surprised by the reaction you get.

Good post.

He won’t say because he’s in a world of his own and he is just making things up to satisfy his inflated ego which is boosted by likes from other like minded weirdos on his YouTube videos.

He’s a genuine crackpot this lad.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:28 - May 29 with 2255 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:05 - May 29 by D_Alien

But your own solution is lacking in clarity

In suggesting the Trust should commence fund-raising in the absence of the club engaging more fully with commercial activity, what do you propose should happen to those "parallel" funds? One option would be to buy shares, but that'd be a very long process to acquire any further influence. As it stands, i think the Trust's 13% (highest) stake is well worthy of greater clout than what often appears like a token place on the board (again- the position, not the individual)

The other options: hand the funds over to the club to help out - that money then becomes used by those we're questioning over the use of funds; or put aside for some eventuality which may not be possible to influence if a majority shareholder is found and the current board bail out

The other alternative - and one which is slowly but surely looming into view - is an EGM. If so, we all need to be perfectly clear what the purpose would be
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:07]

Fair comment, I resisted the urge to say that the Trust would simply buy shares because of the possible " investor" or other circumstances that might prevent the Trust from investing in the Private Ltd Company. Setting up new streams of income, using Trust resources ( manpower) there might be useful income that can be ultimately be leveraged. But if the SHTF it might be useful for that income to be based outside the Ltd Company. I dont think having money would be a problem compared to not having any. If the club doesnt need it there are still lots of things it could still be spent on. If the club does need it the Trust is in a stronger negotiating position.
Essentially either the club might get an investor but the Trust has to start the ball rolling towards creating new income streams. For example, we could have Christmas cards, calendars etc. ready for print in 2 days and on sale by October at a very minimum cost, leaving time to market and sell them.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:18 - May 29 with 2098 viewsTVOS1907

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:28 - May 29 by 49thseason

Fair comment, I resisted the urge to say that the Trust would simply buy shares because of the possible " investor" or other circumstances that might prevent the Trust from investing in the Private Ltd Company. Setting up new streams of income, using Trust resources ( manpower) there might be useful income that can be ultimately be leveraged. But if the SHTF it might be useful for that income to be based outside the Ltd Company. I dont think having money would be a problem compared to not having any. If the club doesnt need it there are still lots of things it could still be spent on. If the club does need it the Trust is in a stronger negotiating position.
Essentially either the club might get an investor but the Trust has to start the ball rolling towards creating new income streams. For example, we could have Christmas cards, calendars etc. ready for print in 2 days and on sale by October at a very minimum cost, leaving time to market and sell them.

R17 used to do the calendars for the Trust. He did the work in September and early October, had them on sale by Halloween and had made a profit by Bommy Night. I’m sure he can elucidate on what happened next.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:35 - May 29 with 2049 viewsR17ALE

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:18 - May 29 by TVOS1907

R17 used to do the calendars for the Trust. He did the work in September and early October, had them on sale by Halloween and had made a profit by Bommy Night. I’m sure he can elucidate on what happened next.

I can indeed! We flogged them for a fiver each on various away ends including Bournemouth one year where the stewards tried to stop us.

Simple plan: Sell advertising on each month to cover all production costs. Print 400 and keep flogging them until £2000 profit was reached.

After a few years I handed it back to the club with my "business plan" and the commercial department decided instead to outsource the calendars to a printing company rather than put the legwork in to make a few quid. See also: Fixture posters.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 17:36]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:49 - May 29 with 2009 viewsJames1980

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:35 - May 29 by R17ALE

I can indeed! We flogged them for a fiver each on various away ends including Bournemouth one year where the stewards tried to stop us.

Simple plan: Sell advertising on each month to cover all production costs. Print 400 and keep flogging them until £2000 profit was reached.

After a few years I handed it back to the club with my "business plan" and the commercial department decided instead to outsource the calendars to a printing company rather than put the legwork in to make a few quid. See also: Fixture posters.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 17:36]

I'm guessing that this wasn't the current commercial department. Perhaps they would be interested in perusing your calendar business plan

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:50 - May 29 with 2005 viewsR17ALE

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:49 - May 29 by James1980

I'm guessing that this wasn't the current commercial department. Perhaps they would be interested in perusing your calendar business plan

I've gave them some pointers in the New Year James, but I'm not holding my breath!

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:51 - May 29 with 2004 viewsEllDale

Fixture posters aka fish and chip posters are a great promotional tool as well.
All costs covered by adverts and those that aren’t sold can be given away as a simple way of publicising the club.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:55 - May 29 with 1998 viewsR17ALE

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:51 - May 29 by EllDale

Fixture posters aka fish and chip posters are a great promotional tool as well.
All costs covered by adverts and those that aren’t sold can be given away as a simple way of publicising the club.

They're supposed to be given away in order to advertise fixtures! That's the point!

I did the club 5000 (Centenary year perhaps?) and delivered them to the shop early August in time for kick-off.

The following February I got a phone call from a then member of staff asking me what they should be doing with 5000 posters in the store room.

You couldn't make it up.

Needless to say I gave up doing that as well!

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:58 - May 29 with 1984 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:49 - May 29 by James1980

It needs a proper structure creating to ensure these ideas, good or bad, are discussed/planned/taken forward. One which everyone is aware of and can see how it works.

There was a myriad of questions and suggestions raised at the Trust meetings around the club shop for example, all designed to establish structures and potential positive paths forward.

A month later, we remain no further on. If they’ve been sent to them, a lot of these could and should already have been answered by the club via email to the Trust. If they haven’t, would expect something before the new O’Neills stuff goes on sale at least.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:10 - May 29 with 1947 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:55 - May 29 by R17ALE

They're supposed to be given away in order to advertise fixtures! That's the point!

I did the club 5000 (Centenary year perhaps?) and delivered them to the shop early August in time for kick-off.

The following February I got a phone call from a then member of staff asking me what they should be doing with 5000 posters in the store room.

You couldn't make it up.

Needless to say I gave up doing that as well!

This is entirely my point, the Trust should be empowering the members to do this sort of stuff, that way, many hands make light work and the financial gain is in the trusts hands. The club benefit from the promotional work and there is no need to employ anyone to do a half-arsed job. Ultimately the profits from small-scale fundraising can be invested in bigger schemes. I have no doubt we have the expertise to make the equivant of several commercial departments and do a much better job. In that sense its win- win. The Trust becomes a bigger influence and the club gets a lot of non-football stuff taken off its remit and hopefully more supporters.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:39 - May 29 with 1880 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:10 - May 29 by 49thseason

This is entirely my point, the Trust should be empowering the members to do this sort of stuff, that way, many hands make light work and the financial gain is in the trusts hands. The club benefit from the promotional work and there is no need to employ anyone to do a half-arsed job. Ultimately the profits from small-scale fundraising can be invested in bigger schemes. I have no doubt we have the expertise to make the equivant of several commercial departments and do a much better job. In that sense its win- win. The Trust becomes a bigger influence and the club gets a lot of non-football stuff taken off its remit and hopefully more supporters.

The Trust have empowered supporters. It started at the meeting.

Fans can’t do anything more until the club acknowledge this and agree to taking it forward.

Using the calendar as an example, there are copyrights around using the club badge/name etc. if the club didn’t agree, as they have in the past*, then the Trust would have a whole other set of issues to deal with. The alternative is doing everything in the name of the Dale Trust because the club decide they don’t want to reengage with the fan base unless it’s on their terms alone. Hopefully that won’t happen, because there’s certainly no reason for it.

We wait and see because we have been given no indication of what will happen going forward yet. The first step is responding to the questions asked at the meetings, these can be sent to them with all written responses/non responses then relayed to the fans.

Edit: *meaning the club presumably gave R17/the Trust the ok to do calendars. If not, it’s still something the Trust would have to check now.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 18:43]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:16 - May 29 with 1797 viewselectricblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:39 - May 29 by 442Dale

Fans can’t do anything more until the club acknowledge this and agree to taking it forward.

Using the calendar as an example, there are copyrights around using the club badge/name etc. if the club didn’t agree, as they have in the past*, then the Trust would have a whole other set of issues to deal with. The alternative is doing everything in the name of the Dale Trust because the club decide they don’t want to reengage with the fan base unless it’s on their terms alone. Hopefully that won’t happen, because there’s certainly no reason for it.

We wait and see because we have been given no indication of what will happen going forward yet. The first step is responding to the questions asked at the meetings, these can be sent to them with all written responses/non responses then relayed to the fans.

Edit: *meaning the club presumably gave R17/the Trust the ok to do calendars. If not, it’s still something the Trust would have to check now.

What is stopping the trust from organising a calender and christmas cards now and approaching the BoD about copyrights.
With the trust being the biggest shareholder surely they have some say in this with the BoD....

Im all for it and i will buy two Dale Trust calenders and a pack of Dale Trust christmas cards.

So lets get the ball rolling after all there is nearly 2000 trust members surely they will be interested in buying some..

Who is up for it..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:55 - May 29 with 1731 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:39 - May 29 by 442Dale

Sometimes you just have to make a start and force the issue.
Its a simple 5 minute phone call and an email confirmation with art work attached.
If they won't do that, it tells us all we need to know and we put the Trusts Director onto the case.
Whichever way you look at it the Trust doing this sort of simple fundraising means someone else doesn't have to do it. There are the best part of 1000 trust members who can take a fixture list into their local chip shop, hairdressers and pub, and who are ideal candidates for buying a calendar and a couple of packs of Christmas cards. Its quick, simple and relatively cheap way of making money .
The club would struggle with this sort of stuff simply because they do not have the volunteer base. they would just put them in the shop and hope for the best.
But someone needs to get on with it between now and the fixtures being announced or its too late, same goes for calendars and Christmas cards, not to mention Christmas parties, meals etc. which are already booking up in some places. The early bird and all that....

Is there a graphic designer here with half an hour to spare?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:27 - May 30 with 1439 viewsDalliance

On graphic designers, I'm not, but if there's no Dale fans that are, the Media Trust have a media/digital/creative professional volunteers scheme. One of the charities I worked with a while ago got help that way for marketing stuff for crowdfunding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024