Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe 16:53 - Sep 18 with 4694 viewsjudd

Doors open 7pm.

FREE ADMISSION, although any donations to the Trust, who have funded the streaming cost, will be gratefully received.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 22:09 - Sep 18 with 4583 viewsR17ALE

I think it's incumbent on as many Dale fans as can to turn up. When some fans say they feel out of touch with the club and the hierarchy, they give bullets to be fired at them when events like this aren't supported.

Obviously not everyone should come, as I want a good seat and to be served quickly!

And the Trust deserve thanks for enabling the game to be shown.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 4563 viewsKingstdale

I'm coming with my lad,,will the club carpark be open?
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 03:36 - Sep 19 with 4437 viewsDaleBars

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 22:17 - Sep 18 by Kingstdale

I'm coming with my lad,,will the club carpark be open?

Yes.

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:41 - Sep 19 with 4337 viewsJames1980

If there's a decent turnout maybe a local firm could sponsor future screenings.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 20:59 - Sep 19 with 3890 views442Dale

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:41 - Sep 19 by James1980

If there's a decent turnout maybe a local firm could sponsor future screenings.

Probably about 150 here. Really good evening until the free header.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 21:25]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 21:13 - Sep 19 with 3837 viewsDale69er

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 20:59 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

When, oh when, will we be able to defend crosses into our box?
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 21:44 - Sep 19 with 3712 viewsRodingdale

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 20:59 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

Sounds positive-would be good to know if the event was financially viable for the club and trust.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:04 - Sep 20 with 3379 viewsNorthernDale

Why do we concede, so many free headed goals,is it the defenders not concentrating or is down to zonal marking?

Jim said they travelled down on the day, which may be a factor, hopefully at the weekend they will travel down on the Friday. It is a point, it keeps us on the edge of the playoffs and that is crucial, in that finish seventh, you still have a chance of promotion. Yes, we have a small squad and Jim has managed it well, but if it is weeks before Rodney returns, do we seek to get somebody in on loan, can we afford to get somebody in on loan?

I know Mitchell scored, but we need Rodney back, because he is not in my humble opinion a natural goal scorer. He seems to lack Hendo's ability to get into the right positions to score, which is worrying that Jim is using as a main centre forward, every game.
Login to get fewer ads

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 3367 viewsJames1980

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 21:44 - Sep 19 by Rodingdale

Sounds positive-would be good to know if the event was financially viable for the club and trust.

Even if only a small profit was made on the evening or even if we only broke even made a small loss the good will these sort of events foster is invaluable.

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:29 - Sep 20 with 3261 viewsAtThePeake

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:04 - Sep 20 by NorthernDale

Why do we concede, so many free headed goals,is it the defenders not concentrating or is down to zonal marking?

Jim said they travelled down on the day, which may be a factor, hopefully at the weekend they will travel down on the Friday. It is a point, it keeps us on the edge of the playoffs and that is crucial, in that finish seventh, you still have a chance of promotion. Yes, we have a small squad and Jim has managed it well, but if it is weeks before Rodney returns, do we seek to get somebody in on loan, can we afford to get somebody in on loan?

I know Mitchell scored, but we need Rodney back, because he is not in my humble opinion a natural goal scorer. He seems to lack Hendo's ability to get into the right positions to score, which is worrying that Jim is using as a main centre forward, every game.

I'm not a Mitchell fan at all, but bizarrely he's now on three goals. If he keeps going at this rate he'll finish on 13/14, which actually isn't a bad return for the player who clearly isn't expected to be the biggest goal threat in the side when everyone is fit.

Tangled up in blue.

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 3211 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dare I ask how much the "Streaming Fee" is , that the Trust had to pay?

It may determine how much folk throw in the donation bucket.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:15 - Sep 20 with 3185 viewsSheffdale

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 08:25 - Sep 20 by James1980

Even if only a small profit was made on the evening or even if we only broke even made a small loss the good will these sort of events foster is invaluable.

I understand donations on the night more than covered the Trust's outlay so a win all around (apart from the game itself!)
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:22 - Sep 20 with 3178 viewsJames1980

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:53 - Sep 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

When I purchased my match pass I saw that one for commercial premises was £180

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 3178 viewsjudd

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:53 - Sep 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

10 grand

Poll: What is it to be then?

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:55 - Sep 20 with 3138 viewsTalkingSutty

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:23 - Sep 20 by judd

10 grand

There's more to playing in the forward line than scoring goals. Mitchell gives us a physical presence up top which nobody else does and for his size he's pretty mobile. He will score us goals and occupy defenders, i actually think he's doing a good job and will only improve. His wonder strike last month showed what he is capable of, that belonged in the Premiership and will probably win goal of the season.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 13:30 - Sep 20 with 2998 views49thseason

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:55 - Sep 20 by TalkingSutty

There's more to playing in the forward line than scoring goals. Mitchell gives us a physical presence up top which nobody else does and for his size he's pretty mobile. He will score us goals and occupy defenders, i actually think he's doing a good job and will only improve. His wonder strike last month showed what he is capable of, that belonged in the Premiership and will probably win goal of the season.

There is more than just scoring goals but, you have to score too, I cant say I have seen much improvement yet and would like him to make more of a nuisance of himself in the key area betwixt penalty spot and goal line. Goals come from mistakes, forcing defenders into mistakes is a major part of his job, too often he is too peripheral in crucial attacking " moments" when he could be upsetting defenders.
He had a heading opportunity during the last home game, second half, but misjudged his jump, had he been more experienced he could have taken a backwards step and if he had done so he would have at least hit the target. Its the little things that make all the difference.
Still, everyday is a school day.....
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 13:51 - Sep 20 with 2971 viewsTalkingSutty

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 13:30 - Sep 20 by 49thseason

There is more than just scoring goals but, you have to score too, I cant say I have seen much improvement yet and would like him to make more of a nuisance of himself in the key area betwixt penalty spot and goal line. Goals come from mistakes, forcing defenders into mistakes is a major part of his job, too often he is too peripheral in crucial attacking " moments" when he could be upsetting defenders.
He had a heading opportunity during the last home game, second half, but misjudged his jump, had he been more experienced he could have taken a backwards step and if he had done so he would have at least hit the target. Its the little things that make all the difference.
Still, everyday is a school day.....

Agree with most of that, he's still a work in progress. Maybe some more devilment in his game would help him but sometimes that can't be coached.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 15:35 - Sep 20 with 2864 viewsEllDale

Definitely a work in progress but I still think that there are times when he could be sharper closer to goal.
On Saturday he was lurking there or thereabouts when the ball came across for Sinclair's second goal and for Gilmour's goal but didn't get there whereas someone like Hendo may well have been there first. Instinctive I suppose.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 2720 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:22 - Sep 20 by James1980

When I purchased my match pass I saw that one for commercial premises was £180

Noted Jimbo, thanks. That's a fair whack to outlay so choices of ideal games is important.
Good to hear that last night made a few quid profit though.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 16:58 - Sep 20 with 2704 views442Dale

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 16:52 - Sep 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Noted Jimbo, thanks. That's a fair whack to outlay so choices of ideal games is important.
Good to hear that last night made a few quid profit though.

The choice is limited to midweek away games. We play Solihull in two weeks and that’s it apart from Altrincham next year which is close enough anyway.

That fee James mentions isn’t bad at all, one which the club should have no problems with covering of the Trust couldn’t. Yes, a good result on Saturday would have increased last night’s numbers, but even a third as many people would have been a good number. Hopefully the Trust/club will be able to report back on the success in terms of bar takings too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 17:40 - Sep 20 with 2653 viewsrich_dale

Yes it's the added hunger he could show to get on the end of crosses - near post and back post runs, he seems a bit reluctant at times or maybe just doesn't have that instinct or desire. Still doing a good job though and allowing space for others.
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 2560 viewsDaleBars

Good Evening,

It was wonderful to see so many fans, with 159 attending the game and more than 150 in the bar. I would want to personally thank you all for coming to The Ratcliffe. I wasn’t there myself last night, I took the opportunity to watch from the stands whilst I was working away in London.

Plans are already under the way for the next one. We are limited to only showing midweek games due to the 3pm blackouts on Saturdays or unless we get coverage by TNT Sports.

See you again on Tuesday night against Chesterfield.

Up The Dale

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Sep 21 with 2281 viewsA_Newby

I watched the match at home on National League TV, did anyone else think that the camera work tracking the play was particularly bad?
Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 11:21 - Sep 21 with 2238 viewsAtThePeake

Boreham Wood game being shown in Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Sep 21 by A_Newby

I watched the match at home on National League TV, did anyone else think that the camera work tracking the play was particularly bad?

It was shambolic. The random zooming in didn't help either.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024