Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull is for Heroes match thread 09:47 - Dec 8 with 50650 viewsE17hoop

Again, don't shoot the messenger if it all goes tits up.

QPR 0 - 1 Hull

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:23 - Dec 9 with 2623 viewsswisscottage

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:56 - Dec 9 by joe90

Just want to add, love that Willock got the assist for Chairs goal!

It was also Willocks press, that resulted in the poor backpass to the keeper enabling Sinclair to get the tackle in, and Willock continuing on to pickup the ball.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:35 - Dec 9 with 2536 viewsmart_Goblin

Most impressive thing about today was seeing the team set up solidly, disciplined and defending as a unit. I thought the back 4 and Asmir were very good today against a good side .
What I would say is yes, they had more of the ball but actually for the first time in god knows how long, we looked the more clinical in the final third .
I thought there were times that we missed Colbacks pressing into there back 4 when they had the ball so they would get out easier than normal . It was struggle for Field and Dozzell especially . Field just dug in and battled his way through .
It’s great to see Willock playing like we know he can . Who knew that playing Willock and Chair closer together would bring positive results ??? I do wonder what Ainsworth was trying to achieve at times .
What a great feeling to have a team playing football, being disciplined and picking up vital points . Big test will come when we lose a game or 2 which is inevitable. We know they are fragile when things don’t go to plan but what a turn around in 6 games . Amazing work from MC and his staff.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:49 - Dec 9 with 2411 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought it was a great game, Hull were really good but I think we were better, no inverted full backs today, a 4-1-4-1 with two 8's Chair playing the advanced one switching between an 8 and 10 role. Begovic will get plaudits but I dont think he made a save he should not have, Willock one goal and an assist should get MOTM, but Chair and Clarke-Salter were phenomenal, as was Cook. I thought we should have been at least 2 up by half time Dykes missed a sitter.

Willocks goal was classic Willock and in X block you kind of knew it was going in before he even hit we've seen it so many times before.

I think today everyone left with a massive smile on our faces, knowing we have our rangers back and we've probably bagged one of the divisions outstanding managers. There will for sure be bad moments, and drops in form, but today I think as a fanbase we came to the conclusion that this team with this manager is too good to go down. There are definitely 3 worse teams than us now. But we have to keep those key players fit.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 21:02 - Dec 9 with 2350 viewsHoopinEssex

We look a team now. If we started the season with this manager we would be at least challenging for the play offs now. We can only get better as time goes on. Can't believe the change in some players.

The two Millwall game over the Christmas and New year could be fantastic if we were to overtake them.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 21:20 - Dec 9 with 2262 viewslassel

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:35 - Dec 9 by mart_Goblin

Most impressive thing about today was seeing the team set up solidly, disciplined and defending as a unit. I thought the back 4 and Asmir were very good today against a good side .
What I would say is yes, they had more of the ball but actually for the first time in god knows how long, we looked the more clinical in the final third .
I thought there were times that we missed Colbacks pressing into there back 4 when they had the ball so they would get out easier than normal . It was struggle for Field and Dozzell especially . Field just dug in and battled his way through .
It’s great to see Willock playing like we know he can . Who knew that playing Willock and Chair closer together would bring positive results ??? I do wonder what Ainsworth was trying to achieve at times .
What a great feeling to have a team playing football, being disciplined and picking up vital points . Big test will come when we lose a game or 2 which is inevitable. We know they are fragile when things don’t go to plan but what a turn around in 6 games . Amazing work from MC and his staff.

Field was also smart enough that after our second when Hull were putting some pressure on to decide to sit down and take on some ‘treatment’ for a mysterious lower leg injury that disappeared as soon as the game as stopped and everyone had a chance to go and chat to Marti.

No doubt some will call it a cnts trick but we’ve been crying out forever for someone to shithouse us through games.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:02 - Dec 9 with 2087 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 21:02 - Dec 9 by HoopinEssex

We look a team now. If we started the season with this manager we would be at least challenging for the play offs now. We can only get better as time goes on. Can't believe the change in some players.

The two Millwall game over the Christmas and New year could be fantastic if we were to overtake them.

Could be above them on Wednesday evening.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:14 - Dec 9 with 2028 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:52 - Dec 9 by CamberleyR

Disagree that Willock was terrible under the Bealeshitter. If anything he was playing too well as Boilface was keeping him on the field too long instead of withdrawing him to continue his rehab from his injury.

Agree with most of that, but unless my memory is faulty Willock already wasn't at his best at the end of Beales reign - he didn't just fall off a cliff as soon as Critchley arrived.

I suspect that knowledge that Willock wasn't going to be right for a fair time, and how that would impact, was part of Bea's reason for jumping ship. I also wouldn't be serried if the whole e experience had a bad effect on Willock which would then be made worse by being missed by Ainsworth.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:17 - Dec 9 with 2001 viewsterryb

I think we deserved the win giving a proper performance in a proper match.

Not a weak link in all 16 players!
Login to get fewer ads

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:22 - Dec 9 with 1949 viewsMick_S

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:17 - Dec 9 by terryb

I think we deserved the win giving a proper performance in a proper match.

Not a weak link in all 16 players!

We definitely deserved that win today, terry. Scored two, nullified, to a certain extent a decent side and scored two, which they didn’t. We got away with a bit, but we scored two 😂

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:24 - Dec 9 with 1937 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Marti's use of subs was flawless again. Remember when we used to look ruefully at the lack of options from the bench?
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:25 - Dec 9 with 1940 viewsMick_S

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:24 - Dec 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

Marti's use of subs was flawless again. Remember when we used to look ruefully at the lack of options from the bench?

Did we do a good throw in?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:33 - Dec 9 with 1900 viewsnumptydumpty

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:24 - Dec 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

Every time Marti has made a sub, the man has made an impact.

This time was Sinclair.

His midas touch will desert him but WOW what an impact !!!

Top banana!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:38 - Dec 9 with 1880 viewsAndybrat

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:04 - Dec 9 by E17hoop

I'm just taking it one game at a time. I don't look at the table, just get back on the training ground and look at what I need to improve next time.

You know it can only be u against Plymouth
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:52 - Dec 9 with 1815 viewsCamberleyR

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:14 - Dec 9 by CiderwithRsie

Agree with most of that, but unless my memory is faulty Willock already wasn't at his best at the end of Beales reign - he didn't just fall off a cliff as soon as Critchley arrived.

I suspect that knowledge that Willock wasn't going to be right for a fair time, and how that would impact, was part of Bea's reason for jumping ship. I also wouldn't be serried if the whole e experience had a bad effect on Willock which would then be made worse by being missed by Ainsworth.

Willock wasn't at his best at the end of Boilface's reign due to him pinging his hamstring again at Bramall Lane (although nowhere as bad as the injury he picked up in Nottingham) which kept him out for a month and when he came back he was obviously wary of his hamstrings so probably playing within himself a bit.

Prior to his injury in Sheffield when PBBC was flogging him into the ground, he was on fire scoring six in his first nine games.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:57 - Dec 9 with 1776 viewscolinallcars

I've just printed off the team list that Brian posted, put it on the mantelpiece and raised a ball glass of cognac saying “gentlemen you were superb”.
I shall breakfast on two duck eggs fried in walnut oil sprinkled with Himalayan mountain salt with Isle of Wight tomatoes and a slice of sourdough with garlic butter.
If we'd lost it would have been toast and dripping.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 23:28 - Dec 9 with 1676 viewsnix

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 22:52 - Dec 9 by CamberleyR

Willock wasn't at his best at the end of Boilface's reign due to him pinging his hamstring again at Bramall Lane (although nowhere as bad as the injury he picked up in Nottingham) which kept him out for a month and when he came back he was obviously wary of his hamstrings so probably playing within himself a bit.

Prior to his injury in Sheffield when PBBC was flogging him into the ground, he was on fire scoring six in his first nine games.

Not mentioning any names but someone official in the club told me he brought players back too quickly, hence the high injury rate early last season. I guess he knew he was leaving and just needed to look good for a short period of time rather than having a longer term strategy, which would have involved using our best players more sparingly, like Marti does.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 23:39 - Dec 9 with 1621 viewsBoston

Popping out the door now for grub and Tecate's at La Paloma, one of my semi regular haunts. Going to enjoy it tonight, especially as most Saturdays, there's a Bristol Rovers fan sat up at the bar. He's ok, but does like to remind me of the score when we're er... off form.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 23:49 - Dec 9 with 1594 viewsBoston

Oh and er..if you're at a loose end tonight, read the Hull City MB on todays game. A couple of decent posters, but the rest, what a bunch of down in the mouths. About 350 posts, only a quarter odd about the match, the rest knocking each other, players, manager, QPR in general (before kick off), we're not as bad as some like to think.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 00:08 - Dec 10 with 1515 viewsGaryT

6 games does not a season make but...

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide

And if you change it to 4!

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 00:31 - Dec 10 with 1456 viewsfraserc

I enjoy looking at form guides, it gives you a good idea of how many points we have made up in other teams. 9 points on Stoke!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 06:14 - Dec 10 with 1291 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 23:28 - Dec 9 by nix

Not mentioning any names but someone official in the club told me he brought players back too quickly, hence the high injury rate early last season. I guess he knew he was leaving and just needed to look good for a short period of time rather than having a longer term strategy, which would have involved using our best players more sparingly, like Marti does.

He also bragged about doing it after he got his first home win, so we knew he was a loose cannon in that regard even before he started injuring players.

It's a terrible thing to do to play dice with a player's career.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 06:21 - Dec 10 with 1274 viewsnix

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 06:14 - Dec 10 by BrianMcCarthy

He also bragged about doing it after he got his first home win, so we knew he was a loose cannon in that regard even before he started injuring players.

It's a terrible thing to do to play dice with a player's career.

Absolutely agree Brian. He almost certainly held back Willock's career for a large part of a season.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 06:25 - Dec 10 with 1265 viewsnix

One thing that is a bit depressing is that arguably their best creative player, Jaden Philogene - the guy who had to go off with an injury but who caused us a lot of trouble in the first half - is from Uxbridge but somehow or other ended up coming through the Aston VIlla academy.

He's only 21 and looks like a good prospect.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 06:55 - Dec 10 with 1235 viewsdmm

I was very impressed with our shape and discipline out of possession. The distances between the lines and players were almost perfect. Time and again Hull had to go back around because there was nothing on for them.

So, a word of praise for Xavier Calm who focuses on defence.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 08:40 - Dec 10 with 1109 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:35 - Dec 9 by mart_Goblin

I thought we looked a lot better in midfield with Colback out, he is just a card waiting to happen in every game he plays. Scrutinising yesterday, Field looks a little out of kilter with what is happening in the team but does the things he does best well enough to keep his place. Dozzell, once again, had a good game and was a defenders boot away from another goal yesterday but isn't the enforcer that Field is and that seems to count against him in a lot of peoples eyes. IMO he is far better suited to Marti's team and will be in competition with EB-D rather than Colback or Field.
There doesn't appear to be much comment about Smyth in this thread but at the game he looked like he was giving their full back a torrid time up until his withdrawal.

The grass is always greener.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024