Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull is for Heroes match thread 09:47 - Dec 8 with 50651 viewsE17hoop

Again, don't shoot the messenger if it all goes tits up.

QPR 0 - 1 Hull

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:35 - Dec 9 with 2838 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 15:55 - Dec 9 by Superhoops2808

Because Ainsworth did not play his style of football so he couldnt use him

Yes, but not just that.

Willock was terrible for about 12 months under three separate and very different managers (Beale, Critchley and Ainsowrth.) Something was just wrong and I've said before that Willock's religious statements on social media sound to me like a young man who knows he's lost his way and is looking for a way out. (I'm pretty much an atheist myself, but I'll say that it's to Willock's credit that he went for God rather than booze, drugs or gambling like so many others.)

There was that Terry Fenwick quote after Venables died, something like "some managers are great coaches, some are great man-managers, Terry was brilliant at both." I think it has taken a bit of both to get Willock and the team firing. (Can't help wondering if Rob Dickie would still be at the club if we'd got Cifuentes when we first wanted him.)
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:35 - Dec 9 with 2823 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:01 - Dec 9 by Tonto

Great win. Such a shame that after winning 3 in a row we are still 3rd from bottom. But there are now so many teams I. Reach next week! Let's keep it going u rrrrsss!

Looking forward to floating past them all like Seb Coe on the final bend.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:37 - Dec 9 with 2802 viewsrbee

Hard work was the root of today's performance with a sprinkling of Chair and Willock magic.

A remarkable transformation, Marti you are incredible.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:39 - Dec 9 with 2759 viewsFG_R

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:26 - Dec 9 by lassel

That would see us end up between 76 & 78 points.

Not quite. Under Marti we are averaging 1.83 points a game (11 points from 6). So with 26 games left we would finish on 66 or 67 points. Good enough for 9th last season. But still a massive improvement on recent expectations!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:43 - Dec 9 with 2654 viewssmudgehoop

Loved the high press. JCS was outstanding in defence but Bergo MOTM for his 2 great saves ans the way he commanded the box.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:43 - Dec 9 with 2638 viewsVancouverHoop

Sounds as if I was forced to miss a good'un. Are we allowed to call this a legitimate revival now?
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:44 - Dec 9 with 2636 viewsw7r

Didn't get to the game as I had a long standing lunch appt that was made when GA was still with us so wasn't interested in attending if I'm being honest.

What a lovely surprise to leave the pub and see us 2-up late on I the game.

We've finally got ourselves a proper coach, one with an actual plan.

I hope we're thinking about drawing up a contract extension - I think Marti is the real deal.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:46 - Dec 9 with 2581 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amazing stat from Jack Supple.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:52 - Dec 9 with 2468 viewsCamberleyR

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:35 - Dec 9 by CiderwithRsie

Yes, but not just that.

Willock was terrible for about 12 months under three separate and very different managers (Beale, Critchley and Ainsowrth.) Something was just wrong and I've said before that Willock's religious statements on social media sound to me like a young man who knows he's lost his way and is looking for a way out. (I'm pretty much an atheist myself, but I'll say that it's to Willock's credit that he went for God rather than booze, drugs or gambling like so many others.)

There was that Terry Fenwick quote after Venables died, something like "some managers are great coaches, some are great man-managers, Terry was brilliant at both." I think it has taken a bit of both to get Willock and the team firing. (Can't help wondering if Rob Dickie would still be at the club if we'd got Cifuentes when we first wanted him.)

Disagree that Willock was terrible under the Bealeshitter. If anything he was playing too well as Boilface was keeping him on the field too long instead of withdrawing him to continue his rehab from his injury.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:53 - Dec 9 with 2432 viewsDorse

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:23 - Dec 9 by Boston

His best game for us. Seems the 'Marti Magic', is rubbing off on the keeper as well.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 2386 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 16:02 - Dec 9 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Blimey our subs are actually warming up during the half time break!

Hull look very good going forward, the ball between Cook and Cannon is the one that could lead to them scoring.

Spot on this. Really clever tactic of Hull’s. I bet every right back is panicking about Philogene, so gets tugged wider. Twine then just stands in that pocket. Cannon didn’t know who to stay with. Then bizarrely Rosenior switched wings and Phil got injured anyway. Slice of luck, that.

Bare bones.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 2378 viewsFredManRave

Here's another stat;

E17 has yet to end on the losing side when he's started a Match Thread for QPR, starting 3 and winning all of them.

No other LFW poster has even come close, certainly not in the last 2 years, as QPR hsve only won 3 games in that time.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:56 - Dec 9 with 2360 viewsDiscodroids

Just got out of bed to see the result. What a tonic.

Another home win and another clean sheet.. Better than all the milk thistle in the world.

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:57 - Dec 9 with 2336 viewsRangersw12

😂😂
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:59 - Dec 9 with 2276 viewsOldPedro

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:57 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

😂😂

Did he forget the team talk he gave when Philogene was about to come off and just stood on the pitch with the Hull physio and the note that then got passed around half the Hull team telling them what to do???

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:02 - Dec 9 with 2219 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:35 - Dec 9 by CiderwithRsie

Yes, but not just that.

He was outstanding under Beale. Then he was injured for about 4 months. He only played about 4 times under Critch.

Bare bones.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:05 - Dec 9 with 2157 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:57 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

😂😂

Disrespectful to say they gave us the first one.
I do think they were the better side for periods of the game m, esp 15m-40m, but not sure what his issue is with our players taking instruction. Weird.

Bare bones.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:10 - Dec 9 with 2054 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:27 - Dec 9 by FredManRave

Yeah, right, like we're ever gonna a lose a game again.

If we do, and who knows, we'd finish with 63 points by my calcs and just off the play-offs. I still feel we might end up closer to 16th than 6th, but if Marti sticks around next season, we kept Chair and Willock, and were to finally add one or two, who's to say we couldn't have a tilt at the big time?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 2025 viewsderbyhoop

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:21 - Dec 9 by LisbonR

Great performance. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

I think a lot of credit also has to go to Xavi Calm. He really is Marti's right hand man! What a top duo these two are and I am absolutely delighted for them both.

You R'sss!

Exactly so. The defence has improved so much and we now have 8 teams with a worse defensive record than us, and we play one of them this week.

So many solid performances against a very good side. Philogene and Delap are 2 players who may not be good enough for the PL but are good players at Championship level. 2 cracking goals, the second brought about by the high press.

A number of teams are within reach.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:15 - Dec 9 with 1997 viewsManinBlack

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:46 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Amazing stat from Jack Supple.

I never realised Fereday was so important to us. Never had him down as good as Taarabt or Eze.

Good win today. You know when we have done well when the losing manager feels he has to say they were the better team. Seemed to happen a lot when Warburton was the manager with the visitors arguing they were better. Must be the shame of losing to our titchy club

Would have been a better day if Swansea didn't win at Rotherham and Sheffield getting that stoppage time winner at Stoke. I want the bottom two to keep dropping points so we don't have to trouble ourselves with those below us. Wednesday picking up 7 points in three games is irritating with us due to visit them.

Hopefully we can see off Plymouth before then and their confidence took a big hit today which may help us. It is high time we beat a side up from league 1.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:21 - Dec 9 with 1899 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It is hilarious how awful Ainsworth was. That added minute of the first half I'm urging us forward because I know we have belief and can play now. Lo and behold, a little bit of Chrissy magic and it's one-nil.

A fairly even first half and that bit of magic makes the difference. Under Ainsworth he's sitting on the bench and we've got ten players behind the ball.

Great atmosphere today. Thought it was a good game and we were helped by their two most dangerous players going off early. Can't wait till Wednesday!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 1897 viewsRangersw12

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:05 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

Disrespectful to say they gave us the first one.
I do think they were the better side for periods of the game m, esp 15m-40m, but not sure what his issue is with our players taking instruction. Weird.

Comment makes a bit more sense now

Didn't think Hull were all that tbh and played around the back very slowly but the rare occasions hey played it quickly they looked decent
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 1896 viewsBoston

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:15 - Dec 9 by ManinBlack

I never realised Fereday was so important to us. Never had him down as good as Taarabt or Eze.

Good win today. You know when we have done well when the losing manager feels he has to say they were the better team. Seemed to happen a lot when Warburton was the manager with the visitors arguing they were better. Must be the shame of losing to our titchy club

Would have been a better day if Swansea didn't win at Rotherham and Sheffield getting that stoppage time winner at Stoke. I want the bottom two to keep dropping points so we don't have to trouble ourselves with those below us. Wednesday picking up 7 points in three games is irritating with us due to visit them.

Hopefully we can see off Plymouth before then and their confidence took a big hit today which may help us. It is high time we beat a side up from league 1.

Mark Bannan out of the game, voila, three points at Wednesday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:27 - Dec 9 with 1848 viewsBoston

What was today's attendance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:27 - Dec 9 with 1849 viewstraininvain

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:02 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

He was outstanding under Beale. Then he was injured for about 4 months. He only played about 4 times under Critch.

Yeah it’s a misrepresentation to say Willock was injured or out of form hence his lack of involvement. He’s clearly been struggling to get back on form but was never given a proper run of games under Ainsowrth.

The most telling thing is that numerous people on here were questioning why Willock wasn’t getting more game time under Ainsowrth. Maybe he took the p1ss out of his dress sense or perhaps Ainsworth felt he was a luxury player.

But the proof is in the pudding. Any good run of form we’ve had over the past few years has involved Chair or Willock and usually a combination of the two. It’s not rocket science and I’ll never fully understand how Ainsworth couldn’t work it out.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024