Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Appeal Red Card.. 17:04 - Apr 2 with 23671 viewsdale1968

In our current financial situation I dont get this.
We have a few games left and Hendo is avaialable so really baffling one by the club this.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/mitchellredcardappealed/?fbclid=Iw

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:13 - Apr 6 with 3086 viewsRodingdale

1-1 after 36 mins. Scrappy game, wind looks to be playing a part. Special mention to the Oldham fans lavish goal celebrations. Coverage on NL tv is something else, I’m enjoying the insight from the expert summariser. 😉
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:27 - Apr 6 with 2934 viewsrich_dale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:13 - Apr 6 by Rodingdale

1-1 after 36 mins. Scrappy game, wind looks to be playing a part. Special mention to the Oldham fans lavish goal celebrations. Coverage on NL tv is something else, I’m enjoying the insight from the expert summariser. 😉

Not to mention the cameraman who looks like he's been on the beer this morning - sat too close, not following play and at one point wiping the screen with his hand
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:44 - Apr 6 with 2797 viewsRodingdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:27 - Apr 6 by rich_dale

Not to mention the cameraman who looks like he's been on the beer this morning - sat too close, not following play and at one point wiping the screen with his hand

Summariser just described Dale as a ‘comic book outfit’. 🤪
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:54 - Apr 6 with 2715 viewsrich_dale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:44 - Apr 6 by Rodingdale

He sounds like a random bloke plucked from the stands. To be fair it was funny when he said the corner that led to our goal 'killed 30 worms' on its way into the goalmouth
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:54 - Apr 6 with 2715 viewsdannyuk

Thought he meant the officials. He's moaned every time he's blown for an Oldham foul or given any decision to Dale.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 2700 viewsturnthescrew

He sounds like Albert Tatlock having supped about 5 pints. He's clueless.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:57 - Apr 6 with 2688 viewsRodingdale

Att 8797
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:58 - Apr 6 with 2678 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:57 - Apr 6 by Rodingdale

Att 8797

Over 1500 from Rochdale
Login to get fewer ads

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:18 - Apr 6 with 2535 viewssince58

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:56 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

More like Colin Cropton. Can you hear me.!!!
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:19 - Apr 6 with 2520 viewsDaleiLama

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:56 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

Reminds me of Peter Kay playing Max post-lobotomy.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:27 - Apr 6 with 2453 viewsRodingdale

Game held up, broken corner flag
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:33 - Apr 6 with 2366 viewsRodingdale

1-1 FT - Two poor sides huffing and puffing in a gale. A point is a point.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 2256 viewsTrev

Clear why both teams won't make the play offs. Pretty uninspiring stuff.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:50 - Apr 6 with 2194 viewsDevonDale

What a poor game. Fortunately watching online so was kept entertained by the amateurish camera work and attempts at commentary, with summariser Roy (dear God) giving us his pearls of wisdom!
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 2180 viewsEllDale

That more or less leaves Oldham and Halifax hunting down Aldershot for the last playoff spot if you ask me.
Odds are that El Flatcapico will be on the fixture list next year though.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 2141 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:56 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

As i pointed out at the time, i was against the appeal - even if the red was overturned because it was risking money we didn't have a few days earlier, so it was a matter of respecting where we were financially

That other people couldn't respect that doesn't bode well for the future
[Post edited 6 Apr 12:58]

You also pointed out that it was a 'studs up lunge', worthy of a red card.

Your completely over the top reaction (to what was always a proper course of action by the club), was ridiculous and all the hot air that you expended was wasted.

At least you will now be able to put more of your pennies into the club, after your previous refusal to do so.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:55 - Apr 6 with 2140 viewsEdindale

A point in difficult conditions. Kairo looked to have a good chance to win it late on.
Otherwise still playing extra passes that are not needed and we cant hold the ball in the opposition half.
Not sure about the substitutions as they didn't change anything.
Chapman seems to be instilling his own version of game management which is probably not a bad thing as we are still too soft.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:04 - Apr 6 with 2057 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:54 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

You also pointed out that it was a 'studs up lunge', worthy of a red card.

Your completely over the top reaction (to what was always a proper course of action by the club), was ridiculous and all the hot air that you expended was wasted.

At least you will now be able to put more of your pennies into the club, after your previous refusal to do so.

You, and others, have completely missed the point, which is why i say it doesn't bode well for the future

We survived potential liquidation by the skin of our teeth

The only things the club should've been thinking about spending money on during this month - of all months - was salaries and essential bills, such as paying suppliers (have we paid them all before forking out on the appeal?)

When bury got an owner full of bullshit about spending money they didn't have, it was "Wow Wow Wow" time

Whether it's £5 or £50,000, it was just WRONG to appeal

The red itself was entirely a matter of interpreting the rules of the game. The ref made a justified decision on the evidence he saw, and that being overturned is irrelevant in the wider context

Come next season - and assuming the Ogden family investment occurs - specifically focused on allowing us to improve our setup to become self-sustaining - i've absolutely no doubt there will be calls for the billionaire investor to fork out on transfer fees because "it's only £50,000, he can afford it". It's the very same principle

I'll keep mine till hell freezes over

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:11 - Apr 6 with 2008 viewsDalenet

Can we all forgive and forget. Time has moved on and we need to be united if this club is going to survive. A deal has yet to be done afterall. Lets enjoy a point and the joy of preventing a close rival from having the bragging rights.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:22 - Apr 6 with 1952 views442Dale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:55 - Apr 6 by Edindale

A point in difficult conditions. Kairo looked to have a good chance to win it late on.
Otherwise still playing extra passes that are not needed and we cant hold the ball in the opposition half.
Not sure about the substitutions as they didn't change anything.
Chapman seems to be instilling his own version of game management which is probably not a bad thing as we are still too soft.

On the game management, let’s hope we all remember next time we’re going mad at other teams wasting time because you can understand the Oldham fans’ annoyance.

Tactically McNulty made mistakes today. Forget the overpassing, it was continuing with 4-4-2 (4-2-4) when it was obvious we needed someone in behind a centre forward. Harrison McGahey ran the game with little pressure and when either Rodney or Mitchell dropped deep they weren’t able to make any impact. Henderson should have come on much earlier but on Tuesday it would be good to see us return to a three man midfield.

On the other topic of this thread, and it’s ironic that Mitchell escaping a ban actually helped influence that tactical mistake, the errors and poor communication should be learnt from. It would be a crying shame that if we do get potential investors on board that anyone thinks forgetting the past wouldn’t lead to the same things happening again.

Change in attitude and approach is vital.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 16:12 - Apr 6 with 1728 viewsNafelad

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:13 - Apr 6 by Rodingdale

It would have been better if the 'normal' commentator had the better microphone.

Topcat

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 16:23 - Apr 6 with 1673 views49thseason

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:22 - Apr 6 by 442Dale

On the game management, let’s hope we all remember next time we’re going mad at other teams wasting time because you can understand the Oldham fans’ annoyance.

Tactically McNulty made mistakes today. Forget the overpassing, it was continuing with 4-4-2 (4-2-4) when it was obvious we needed someone in behind a centre forward. Harrison McGahey ran the game with little pressure and when either Rodney or Mitchell dropped deep they weren’t able to make any impact. Henderson should have come on much earlier but on Tuesday it would be good to see us return to a three man midfield.

On the other topic of this thread, and it’s ironic that Mitchell escaping a ban actually helped influence that tactical mistake, the errors and poor communication should be learnt from. It would be a crying shame that if we do get potential investors on board that anyone thinks forgetting the past wouldn’t lead to the same things happening again.

Change in attitude and approach is vital.

In Professional sport, attitude is vital. I have no doubt the Ogdens will drive the business side of the club to new heights, when you have some cash and a stellar reputation for making more, lots of things that are impossible right now become more than possible. But its on the pitch where we have to add all those minute improvements that add up to big improvements. Having an "A" badge or whatever is only the start for the coaches, to become successful, you have to do the things that successful clubs do as routine. Ideally I would send McNulty down to Brighton or Brentford for a few days to shadow their managers and coaches, get him over to the USA to look at the University set ups, make some contacts for possible future, staff exchanges and technology transfer and even find some future players.
We have to dump " little Rochdale " and become "worldwide Rochdale". The more "can do" attitude and professionalism we show the Ogdens the more they will be confident in allowing us to put more of their money into the development of their investment. Let's become a centre of excellence on and off the pitch.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 1451 viewsSandyman

Well we know what division we'll be playing in. Relegation avoided.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 1224 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:04 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

You, and others, have completely missed the point, which is why i say it doesn't bode well for the future

We survived potential liquidation by the skin of our teeth

The only things the club should've been thinking about spending money on during this month - of all months - was salaries and essential bills, such as paying suppliers (have we paid them all before forking out on the appeal?)

When bury got an owner full of bullshit about spending money they didn't have, it was "Wow Wow Wow" time

Whether it's £5 or £50,000, it was just WRONG to appeal

The red itself was entirely a matter of interpreting the rules of the game. The ref made a justified decision on the evidence he saw, and that being overturned is irrelevant in the wider context

Come next season - and assuming the Ogden family investment occurs - specifically focused on allowing us to improve our setup to become self-sustaining - i've absolutely no doubt there will be calls for the billionaire investor to fork out on transfer fees because "it's only £50,000, he can afford it". It's the very same principle

I'll keep mine till hell freezes over

I haven't missed any point at all. There will be much to discuss going forwards, but that doesn't mean we all have to agree with you, no matter how much you whinge.

Jim himself today, said the red card was a 'shocking decision' and presumably the FA disciplinary panel agreed. The club was entirely justified in pursuing the matter, even if it was their last groat. As you say, 'the principle is important'. The player was unjustly denied the opportunity of playing 3 games and the club were denied his presence in the team.

Bury were a basket case under successive owners. Their problems were (and are) their own, so stop comparing apples with plums.

Jim McNulty's priority this season was to keep the club in this division, stop the slide with resources at a bare minimum. He's done that and I applaud him (and the players) for it, even though it's been a tough watch on many occasions.

Next season will look after itself, once the club and the investors have arranged a proper business model and a strategy that helps move the business forward and also assists the team to improve on the field.

I'm sure most supporters don't expect open cheque books and reckless spending. If any of them do, they need to think again because it isn't happening and nor should it.

Instead of bleating, see the outcome of the appeal and realise it was the just and proper thing to do.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:34 - Apr 6 with 1155 viewsEllDale

BJ has kept the team in the top ten for most of the season and managed to foster a team spirit so obviously absent in the last couple of seasons.
If the infrastructure of the club is to be improved next year as the club stabilises then surely people to help him are an absolute priority. Appointments like a Director of Football to oversee playing resources and recruitment holistically across the club. Perhaps an experienced assistant coach who can advise tactical tweaks where necessary plus a new Academy manager.
Let’s get out of this mindset originally fostered by BBM of style over substance and scrap our way to some ugly away wins whilst not completely abandoning the spirit of total options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024