Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 13:25 - Apr 22 with 10826 viewsEllDale

Amidst all the meetings last week I wonder if one took place setting BJ a playing budget for next season?
If so, I wonder if we might see a retained list released anytime soon?
Retained list on 13:23 - Apr 24 with 4518 viewsEllDale

Oldham have announced their retained list today.
They’ve plenty under contract for next season and they’ve just listed their now out of contract players without saying if they’ve been offered new terms or not.
If none of them have then there are some interesting names amongst them such as midfielder Dan Gardner and Harrison McGahey.
Retained list on 13:20 - Apr 25 with 3942 viewsramsdale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/retainedreleasedlist2024/

Full list has been released, which is more or less what was expected.
Retained list on 13:31 - Apr 25 with 3857 viewsBrierls

Retained list on 13:20 - Apr 25 by ramsdale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/retainedreleasedlist2024/

Full list has been released, which is more or less what was expected.

I'm not surprised by any of that.

The likes of EEL, John & Rodney (and Hendo to an extent) will be offered significantly reduced terms. If they sign on those terms, great, but I can't see it. Rodney will defo get offers from a higher level. Maybe Hendo is the most likely to stay.

Glad to see Sinclair go. Delighted to be finally rid of Taylor.
Retained list on 13:47 - Apr 25 with 3762 viewsseasidedale

Only supise in released list for me is Sinclair, I know he can blow hot and cold but would prefer him to Jez (if we can’t get Hayes)
Retained list on 13:49 - Apr 25 with 3752 viewssamueloneils

Retained list on 13:31 - Apr 25 by Brierls

The likes of EEL, John & Rodney (and Hendo to an extent) will be offered significantly reduced terms. If they sign on those terms, great, but I can't see it. Rodney will defo get offers from a higher level. Maybe Hendo is the most likely to stay.

OK but after all the support we felt for Joe Thompson I would have thought a but more respect was due to Max Taylor. So it hasn't worked out fir his career after a bright start at Old Trafford. But to overcome testicular cancer as a teenager deserves a bit more appreciation don't you think.

Good luck Max.
Retained list on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 3716 viewswozzrafc

Retained list on 13:31 - Apr 25 by Brierls

Glad to see Gordon will get a year. Think he’s solved what has been a problem position for us.

Like to see Keohane, Rodney and Henderson sign. Happy either way for EBanks and John. If they sign on a deal right for the club then good.

Would be the basis on a good squad, and would love to add Haynes and Chappman permanently.

But with all those above would still need the addition of at least 7 new players to think about competing. Going to be a big summer
Retained list on 14:23 - Apr 25 with 3566 viewssurb_dale

The list seems fair enough to me. Bit harsh on Sinclair perhaps as maybe he offered more than Mather did on that side. I'm sure he'll get plenty of offers at NL level and will almost certainly score against us next season if that happens but if it frees up sufficient funds to get some one like Hayes in then its worth it.

We are also very light in centre-mid and were lucky last season that Gilmour and East stayed fit all season pretty much. If we could pick up the likes of Whelan or Francis from Gateshead then that would certainly bolster this area.

On the whole the recruitment has been much better this season. Whether thats down to McNulty or MRKT or a combination but hopefully this will continue. Assume relations with MRKT will resume once the Ogdens get control and we have a budget for signings.
Retained list on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 3543 views49thseason

Loanees....
Hayes current contract at Fleetwood expires in June 24 would sign in a heartbeat.
Mellor would sign if available current Wycombe contract isnt clear,
Chapman, contract at Hudds ends this summer .. would sign if possible
Cant see any ot the others being available unless Mather is released at United even then he would attract interest from clubs with deeper pockets than ours

We need a better target than Mitchell , I think we will lose Nevett and will consequently need pretty much a new defence, having only Gordon and Ferguson on the books.
John is neither full back or midfielder, Jack of all trades, master of none is not what we need and at his reported salary the negotiation will be difficult.
EEL... another who may not want to take a salary cut, but at 33, his choices are diminishing.. if he signs all well and good, but there will be others and younger available for the sort of money he will want.
Henderson.. the epitome of a legend but does he have the legs for another season, and what sort of money will he want? Equally he might think its time to cash in on his qualifications and be looking for a new career. Either way we need to find a replacement striker to feed,off a,new,target man
Jimmy K. I think he will sign on at a sensible salary, he is a better midfielder than left back but his "play anywhere"attitude is a valuable resource
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 14:34 - Apr 25 with 3481 viewsNewbury_Dale

Uchegbulam very fortunate indeed to still be under contract.
Retained list on 15:09 - Apr 25 with 3321 viewsdingdangblue

Brad Kelly hasn't really been mentioned. With the massive availability of loan keepers is it even worth offering him a contract - unless Jim thinks he's going to be our number 1 next season?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained list on 15:10 - Apr 25 with 3328 viewssamueloneils

Retained list on 14:26 - Apr 25 by 49thseason

Loanees....
Hayes current contract at Fleetwood expires in June 24 would sign in a heartbeat.
Mellor would sign if available current Wycombe contract isnt clear,
Chapman, contract at Hudds ends this summer .. would sign if possible
Cant see any ot the others being available unless Mather is released at United even then he would attract interest from clubs with deeper pockets than ours

We need a better target than Mitchell , I think we will lose Nevett and will consequently need pretty much a new defence, having only Gordon and Ferguson on the books.
John is neither full back or midfielder, Jack of all trades, master of none is not what we need and at his reported salary the negotiation will be difficult.
EEL... another who may not want to take a salary cut, but at 33, his choices are diminishing.. if he signs all well and good, but there will be others and younger available for the sort of money he will want.
Henderson.. the epitome of a legend but does he have the legs for another season, and what sort of money will he want? Equally he might think its time to cash in on his qualifications and be looking for a new career. Either way we need to find a replacement striker to feed,off a,new,target man
Jimmy K. I think he will sign on at a sensible salary, he is a better midfielder than left back but his "play anywhere"attitude is a valuable resource

EEL is only 31 so good for another 2 years maybe as long as he keeps fit.

Hayes is valued at £400k by one of the sources. Even with Fleetwoods problems, a bit out of our reach if accurate.
Retained list on 15:46 - Apr 25 with 3179 viewsShun

Retained list on 15:10 - Apr 25 by samueloneils

EEL is only 31 so good for another 2 years maybe as long as he keeps fit.

Hayes is valued at £400k by one of the sources. Even with Fleetwoods problems, a bit out of our reach if accurate.

Not to mention that Fleetwood have the option of another year in their favour.
Retained list on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 3119 viewsEllDale

I just have a feeling that Cian Hayes is this year’s Danny Lloyd.
Lots of hope but little realism.
Retained list on 16:32 - Apr 25 with 2946 viewsfrenzied

Retained list on 15:57 - Apr 25 by EllDale

I just have a feeling that Cian Hayes is this year’s Danny Lloyd.
Lots of hope but little realism.

Exactly

He did the right thing coming to Dale so that he could display his obvious talents.

Needs to cash in at a much higher level than us.
Retained list on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 2945 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Retained list on 14:34 - Apr 25 by Newbury_Dale

Uchegbulam very fortunate indeed to still be under contract.

Could the Club do the dreaded "paying him off"?

Need a refund from MRKT for this one.
Retained list on 16:57 - Apr 25 with 2863 viewsJames1980

Retained list on 16:32 - Apr 25 by frenzied

Exactly

He did the right thing coming to Dale so that he could display his obvious talents.

Needs to cash in at a much higher level than us.

And Fleetwood have been relegated to League two where Hayes could definitely do a job.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retained list on 18:10 - Apr 25 with 2642 viewsBrierls

Retained list on 13:49 - Apr 25 by samueloneils

OK but after all the support we felt for Joe Thompson I would have thought a but more respect was due to Max Taylor. So it hasn't worked out fir his career after a bright start at Old Trafford. But to overcome testicular cancer as a teenager deserves a bit more appreciation don't you think.

Good luck Max.

Wow. My comment is based on the lad's football ability, not his previous battle with a horrific disease as a teenager. I'm not wishing him ill health FFS.

Jim McNulty is quite possibly the nicest man in the world, and he's got rid at the earliest opportunity. I agree with his decision.
Retained list on 19:29 - Apr 25 with 2409 viewsEllDale

Jim’s a great bloke but he’s also a pragmatist
He didn’t hesitate to get rid of several players this time last year to sort out the dressing rooom.
Retained list on 20:37 - Apr 25 with 2190 viewsBeechball

Retained list on 19:29 - Apr 25 by EllDale

He didn’t hesitate to get rid of several players this time last year to sort out the dressing rooom.

Not really true. White and Bennett were crocked. Kelly, Graham,O Donnell and Lloyd left of their own accord.
Retained list on 20:47 - Apr 25 with 2154 viewsEllDale

Ball and Odoh then?
Retained list on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 2078 viewsTVOS1907

Retained list on 20:47 - Apr 25 by EllDale

Ball and Odoh then?

Odoh had an option in his contract triggered last summer, but opted to join Harrogate Town instead.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 21:33 - Apr 25 with 1983 viewsBeechball

Retained list on 20:47 - Apr 25 by EllDale

Ball and Odoh then?

I forgot Ball; thanks for re-triggering my nightmares
Retained list on 06:59 - Apr 26 with 1623 viewsrkershaw

Retained list on 21:33 - Apr 25 by Beechball

I forgot Ball; thanks for re-triggering my nightmares

Just sign some players with names that I can work my lyrical magic on!! ;)
Retained list on 07:04 - Apr 26 with 1607 viewsDale_4_Life

Retained list on 19:29 - Apr 25 by EllDale

The most important summer for a very long time.

Jim I wish you the very best of luck and hope you can pull some pacey attacking rabbits from the hat.

Whilst true, the smoke and mirrors of 16 wins this season as the best in 7 years (Social media not Jim) shouting like this is a success, the reality is 16 wins is bang average.

Next season we should have much more ambition what's wrong with targeting 25 wins or more from 46.

Chesterfield had 31 wins last season that is the same as Rochdale and Oldham combined.
[Post edited 26 Apr 7:05]
Retained list on 09:51 - Apr 27 with 842 viewsDrigdale

Retained list on 13:47 - Apr 25 by seasidedale

Only supise in released list for me is Sinclair, I know he can blow hot and cold but would prefer him to Jez (if we can’t get Hayes)

On his day Sinclair would be a valuable asset to the team. He started off the season on fire however this didn't last for long enough. I suppose his consistent inconsistency is the reason his career is in the lower reaches of the football pyramid.
It is probably likely that he will shine for a period of time at another club. Just like Campbell and Newby are doing at Solihull and Altrincham.
However on balance it is probably the right decision to let him go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024