Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement. Deal done 16:07 - May 9 with 14432 viewsturnthescrew

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/clubstatement_090524/
Club Statement. Deal done on 16:26 - May 9 with 4446 viewsste1

Can't ask for more than that 3 point plan. Brilliant, brilliant news

On a pale blue dot

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:29 - May 9 with 4425 viewsRodingdale

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:26 - May 9 by ste1

Just perfect.

When are the fixtures out. Can’t wait!!
Club Statement. Deal done on 16:29 - May 9 with 4419 viewsBrierls

Brilliant, brilliant news.

I'm still taking it in to be honest, but I'm full of hope for the short, medium and long term future of the club.
Club Statement. Deal done on 16:32 - May 9 with 4378 viewsD_Alien

What a fantastic new board we're going to have

I can go with the co-Chairmanship, and the skillsets among the new co-Chair and directors is probably as good as any outside the Premier League; possibly better than some within it

Here's just one example:

https://www.ogdentrust.com/about-us/our-team-trustees/tiffany-chawner/

It could be the Ogden's see Dale as a vehicle for a lasting legacy, beyond the Ogden Trust and way beyond the sporting sphere. We represent an opportunity for them too! I can see nothing but good coming from this and it perhaps gives the town as a whole the chance to rewrite the narrative of recent years, following so much bad publicity

We have history here, with the Co-op. The community-focused model is one which can make history in its own right

[Post edited 9 May 19:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:35 - May 9 with 4355 viewswozzrafc

Absolutely brilliant news. This brings to an end a four year nightmare and battle for our very club.

I don't think we could have imagined such an outcome. There have been so many differences of opinion between fans regarding what's happened and how we should move forward. What this deal has done has met all those fans concerns and should bring everyone together.

I think we especially need to highlight the work of the trust and its board over the last four years. Without the effort of these individuals we simply would not have a club.

I can't think of a single reason why any fan would not show their thanks and support by not joining.

Roll on the 2024/25 season
[Post edited 9 May 16:38]
Club Statement. Deal done on 16:38 - May 9 with 4310 viewsdingdangblue

Absolutely brilliant news.
3 years to get back in the EFL - think we would all take that. Our new Co-Chairman has an impressive biog.

https://www.ogdentrust.com/about-us/our-team-trustees/cameron-ogden/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:44 - May 9 with 4265 viewsjoecooke

Fantastic news.I really didnt see this coming when it was muted a few weeks ago.

I wasnt sure we were going to catch a break so to speak but what a break we caught.

Up the Dale

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:44 - May 9 with 4257 viewsblackdogblue

See they slipped in Season Ticket Prices are increasing….

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:49 - May 9 with 4217 viewsturnthescrew

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:44 - May 9 by blackdogblue

I have no problem with that. The club needs increased revenue and our season tickets have been too cheap for too long. We need to accept that.
Club Statement. Deal done on 16:55 - May 9 with 4166 viewswozzrafc

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:49 - May 9 by turnthescrew

I have no problem with that. The club needs increased revenue and our season tickets have been too cheap for too long. We need to accept that.

100% Agree
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:00 - May 9 with 4119 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It needed doing......we can't develop without income.
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:05 - May 9 with 4088 viewsSandyman

After all the horrors of the past 3 years, what a wonderful outcome. The whole Ogden set up is the best we could ever wish for, thank you so much.

Certain people outwith the Ogden family also deserve a huge amount of credit for battling through to save the club during the most difficult and stressful of times. They know who they are.

What a great day for Dale fans. As for a pretend Dale fan, another failed business deal that went spectacularly wrong to add to its reputational damage. Heh. UP THE DALE.

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:22 - May 9 with 3979 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 16:26 - May 9 by ste1

Fight for what you love, even when the odds are against you.

Did we all fight to save our club..the fans, the Trust, the Chairman, the Directors.? Yes, we all fought for over three years and we literally saved the club. Without the Chairman and Directors fighting off MH we would have been knackered, that was pivotal.

A massive thank you to the Ogden family for stepping forward in our hour of need, they are part of the Dale family now, it's fantastic what they have done. The biggest result in the history of the club.
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:29 - May 9 with 3945 viewsJumeirahDale

How many bloody years...

Time to finally exhale.

Well done everyone, we made it. Up the Dale.
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:31 - May 9 with 3920 views442Dale

Well done to all concerned who focused on finding the best route forward for the club. This is undoubtedly it.

With the new blood on the board and having prominent roles it’s clear we are going to find a different, hopefully positive way, of operating and maximising everything that’s good about RAFC.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:35 - May 9 with 3885 viewsBrierls

A clear indication they know what they’re doing…
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:38 - May 9 with 3867 viewssxdale

First of all great news and my heartfelt thanks to all those that have made this possible.

If my maths is correct this deal means that 92% of the class A shares have now been purchased.

What happens to the remaining 8%? Is this what the existing shareholders such as those who bought them to fight off the hostile takeover and the trust now own on a pro rata basis? or are those shares completely different and essentially defunct?

I didn't my my shares to make money but it would be nice to still be able to attend shareholders meetings and just wondering what all this means
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:39 - May 9 with 3856 views442Dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:35 - May 9 by Brierls

A clear indication they know what they’re doing…

Undoubtedly. Decisions that make sense rather than words that sound good but have little substance when it comes to reality.

They had to go up and should have a year ago at least.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:15 - May 9 with 3628 viewssurb_dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:38 - May 9 by sxdale

First of all great news and my heartfelt thanks to all those that have made this possible.

If my maths is correct this deal means that 92% of the class A shares have now been purchased.

What happens to the remaining 8%? Is this what the existing shareholders such as those who bought them to fight off the hostile takeover and the trust now own on a pro rata basis? or are those shares completely different and essentially defunct?

I didn't my my shares to make money but it would be nice to still be able to attend shareholders meetings and just wondering what all this means

My understanding is that you are still a shareholder therefore should still be invited to meetings. Your holding has just been diluted so will now be a lower percentage of the club than before the class A shares were created. For example i think the trust previously held around 11% of the shares but now that will be more like 1% although they will get to hold the all important golden share.

Some of the remaining 8% of class A shares may have been bought by other existing shareholders if they took up their pre-emptive rights in the recent 2 week window. I dont think many would have done this though as it could have held up the take over. So i assume the remaining 8% could still be bought at some point.
Club Statement. Deal done on 18:15 - May 9 with 3625 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Key aspirations: Promotion to EFL within 3 years......yeah, let's give it a real good go.

But, Mr McNulty needs to firstly recruit smartly over summer and then get us playing attractive and positive football, please. Stuff that drags fans back to San Spotty. Hope someone is pointing this out and assisting him if he needs it.

Still best news today.
Club Statement. Deal done on 18:55 - May 9 with 3398 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fantastic news of course it is.

But this comment in the statement "The hard work in relation to these aspirations has already begun. Although there are some hard decisions to be made to further cut costs, we see the route to sustainability primarily being through revenue generation."

If the focus is on cutting costs still further, how are we actually going to be able to increase revenue? This type of model hasn't worked for the last four years.
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:05 - May 9 with 3342 views49thseason

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:15 - May 9 by surb_dale

My understanding is that you are still a shareholder therefore should still be invited to meetings. Your holding has just been diluted so will now be a lower percentage of the club than before the class A shares were created. For example i think the trust previously held around 11% of the shares but now that will be more like 1% although they will get to hold the all important golden share.

Some of the remaining 8% of class A shares may have been bought by other existing shareholders if they took up their pre-emptive rights in the recent 2 week window. I dont think many would have done this though as it could have held up the take over. So i assume the remaining 8% could still be bought at some point.

Or maybe the "spare" shares can be deleted?
Anyway I am in no doubt the new Directors will know what to do. The expertise and attitude at the top of the Club has taken a decided turn for the better, and the appointment of a new commercial manager starting soon is a decisive first step.

I dont think we can complain that prices will rise, especially until such time as the off-field activities start to kick in with meaningful amounts of cash, I suspect we will get further announcements fairly soon... Amateur hour has been and gone and real business brains are now in charge, probably for the first time ever. Lets get the whole town rocking behind them.
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:06 - May 9 with 3348 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:15 - May 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Key aspirations: Promotion to EFL within 3 years......yeah, let's give it a real good go.

But, Mr McNulty needs to firstly recruit smartly over summer and then get us playing attractive and positive football, please. Stuff that drags fans back to San Spotty. Hope someone is pointing this out and assisting him if he needs it.

Still best news today.

That promotion to the EFL is exactly the type of message that should be coming out of the club. It's imperative that the club has ambition to keep improving on the pitch, results set the tone of the club, without decent results everything else falls down and you have no chance of increasing crowds. Mc Nulty mentioned in one of his recent interviews that all he is bothered about is the performance, well unfortunately football is a results business and results trump everything else, it's all about winning football matches. I hope the fans remain sensible and don't see this three year ambition as set in stone, it's impossible to know when we will return to the EFL. The ambition should be to see improvement in the quality of the squad and on the pitch, year on year.
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:30 - May 9 with 3230 views49thseason

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:55 - May 9 by Newbury_Dale

Fantastic news of course it is.

But this comment in the statement "The hard work in relation to these aspirations has already begun. Although there are some hard decisions to be made to further cut costs, we see the route to sustainability primarily being through revenue generation."

If the focus is on cutting costs still further, how are we actually going to be able to increase revenue? This type of model hasn't worked for the last four years.

W Edwards Deming made the whole Japanese car industry profitsble after ww2 by focusing on quality. Thst should be a focus for the whole club, mistakes cost money irradicating them sames money... Lee Iacocca saviour of both Ford And Chrysler once said that any CEO worth his salary should be able to slice 10% off the overheads of any company without affecting outputs.
Then you have opportunities for which money is required to seed them, we have been unable to undertake a number of initiatives simply because there was no cash.
Ultimately we hope to have a new training centre with an artificial surface (surfaces?) that can be rented out when they are not needed by our 1st team or Academy. The new commercial person will have ideas too. I now have no fears that becoming self sufficient off the pitch is entirely possible and may well happen faster than we perhaps anticipate. And finally, don't forget the Ogdens move in much wealthier circles than most of us can imagine, maybe there are people they know who want to get involved too?
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:50 - May 9 with 3110 viewsmikehunt

Yes. I haven't dared to believe until now - dreading what due diligence might have turned up. So yes, exhale ....... Celebrate.
As much as I like the "return to the EFL in 3 years comment", I hope we don't panic and start chucking loads of money at it. This can be achieved in a carefully managed and sensible manner.
I know I am being hyper-sensitive. These guys seem to have their heads screwed on.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024