Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Farage 15:28 - May 28 with 11123 viewsunion_jack

Nigel seems to be voicing the opinions of the silent majority of this country. Yes?

Or no?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nigel Farage on 16:12 - May 28 with 2643 viewsWingstandwood

Yes, because a countries (or any countries) complete and utter abandoment of border control is a national emergency.

And the inability to stop or deport thousands of smuggled entrants of type that we know absolutley nothing about, along with the stark evidence that the U.K is being flooded by (read the newspapers) criminal gangs is also a national emergency!

And a country suffering an unsustainable population explosion with obvious catastrophic repucussions on housing/law and order/public services (how long do people think it takes for someone to become a surgeon etc) nowadays looks more like 5th columum, Marxist lunacy, and subversive-organised ruination stuff. That makes it? Yep! A national emergency!

We're seeing stuff that does not look too disimilar of what you see with coup's in third-world countries where the prisons are opened by the revolutionaries with the sole intent to cause as much chaos as possible .

The trouble is U.K prisons are now full to the brim with small boat arrivals that might as well have been freed from a prison, and I guess many probably have. Because that is where many end up and are headed for anyway. That is? Yep Another national emergency!

Argus!

Nigel Farage on 17:12 - May 28 with 2570 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely.
He’s a smart cookie,far too much so for our fork wit electorate
He wants to stop mass illegal entries and give us our country back.
And that’s bad,for some.
He’s rich though,therefore vile ,innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nigel Farage on 19:46 - May 28 with 2499 viewswaynekerr55

Not really, no. People have a right to be worried about what's going on but the idea that all our ills stem from "illegals" is for the fairies. Plus his points would resonate more if he actually stood for election rather than shît stirring from the sidelines with zero accountability.

My question is why does the government choose expensive hotels and Bobby Stockholm over actually staffing border force and working internationally, which is clearly more cost effective?

There's a debate to be had around people being displaced but that requires an international effort with grown ups talking around the table and being truthful. I think we all agree that's unlikely for a while (if ever)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Nigel Farage on 17:59 - May 29 with 2369 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13470893/Bulgaria-fraud-Britain-benefit
Nigel Farage on 18:57 - May 29 with 2335 viewsmax936

Nigel Farage on 17:12 - May 28 by onehunglow

Absolutely.
He’s a smart cookie,far too much so for our fork wit electorate
He wants to stop mass illegal entries and give us our country back.
And that’s bad,for some.
He’s rich though,therefore vile ,innit

He's a jerk and I can't stand him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nigel Farage on 18:58 - May 29 with 2334 viewsAnotherJohn

Nigel Farage on 19:46 - May 28 by waynekerr55

Not really, no. People have a right to be worried about what's going on but the idea that all our ills stem from "illegals" is for the fairies. Plus his points would resonate more if he actually stood for election rather than shît stirring from the sidelines with zero accountability.

My question is why does the government choose expensive hotels and Bobby Stockholm over actually staffing border force and working internationally, which is clearly more cost effective?

There's a debate to be had around people being displaced but that requires an international effort with grown ups talking around the table and being truthful. I think we all agree that's unlikely for a while (if ever)

Hotels are the big ticket item, although I struggled to find a cumulative figure. In 2021-22 hiring around 400 hotels cost about £1.5 billion, but that has now risen to around £8 million a day (circa £2.9 billion per annum). The cost of the Bibby Stockholm barge to the end of Dec 2023 was £22 million.

But it is quite sobering to think about what has been spent, or will shortly be spent, on international cooperation. If we take the case of France, around £319 million was spent on supporting French police activity and related measures connected to irregular migration between 2014 and 2023. The latest set of agreements will see a further £423 million allocated in the period to 2025/26.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9681/#:~:text=The%20

The big losers, apart from UK tax payers, are disadvantaged people in far-away countries who were previously supported by the Overseas Development Assistance budget, of which a large chunk has now been diverted to domestic refugee and asylum seeker expenditure.

https://reliefweb.int/report/united-kingdom-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/u
[Post edited 29 May 19:02]
Nigel Farage on 19:04 - May 29 with 2325 viewsGwyn737

Nigel Farage on 18:58 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Hotels are the big ticket item, although I struggled to find a cumulative figure. In 2021-22 hiring around 400 hotels cost about £1.5 billion, but that has now risen to around £8 million a day (circa £2.9 billion per annum). The cost of the Bibby Stockholm barge to the end of Dec 2023 was £22 million.

But it is quite sobering to think about what has been spent, or will shortly be spent, on international cooperation. If we take the case of France, around £319 million was spent on supporting French police activity and related measures connected to irregular migration between 2014 and 2023. The latest set of agreements will see a further £423 million allocated in the period to 2025/26.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9681/#:~:text=The%20

The big losers, apart from UK tax payers, are disadvantaged people in far-away countries who were previously supported by the Overseas Development Assistance budget, of which a large chunk has now been diverted to domestic refugee and asylum seeker expenditure.

https://reliefweb.int/report/united-kingdom-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/u
[Post edited 29 May 19:02]

I’d add to that the bit of the Rwanda bill that has left 125,000 people stuck in hotels, not being deported or being processed.

Just there. Costing money.

I can’t think of a worse bill.
Nigel Farage on 19:20 - May 29 with 2289 viewsAnotherJohn

Nigel Farage on 19:04 - May 29 by Gwyn737

I’d add to that the bit of the Rwanda bill that has left 125,000 people stuck in hotels, not being deported or being processed.

Just there. Costing money.

I can’t think of a worse bill.

But how does the UK deport people whose asylum claims fail? Few of the origin countries (if known) will accept returns. And given the pressure on accommodation, what happens when migrants are processed and in theory those granted asylum then pay for their own accommodation. We have seen local authorities demanding central government support to put a roof over the head of destitute people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67212103

Rough sleeping is a growing problem in several UK cities. Even the RoI, which admits much smaller numbers of migrants, has an accommodation problem. Many of the migrants arriving there originally transited through another EU country and should have been recorded on the Eurodac database at that time. However, Ireland isn't managing to use the Dublin Regulation to move people on.

Incidentally, I should have mentioned the cost of paying Rwanda, which so far is about £240 million.
[Post edited 29 May 19:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Farage on 20:15 - May 29 with 2253 viewsGwyn737

Nigel Farage on 19:20 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

But how does the UK deport people whose asylum claims fail? Few of the origin countries (if known) will accept returns. And given the pressure on accommodation, what happens when migrants are processed and in theory those granted asylum then pay for their own accommodation. We have seen local authorities demanding central government support to put a roof over the head of destitute people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67212103

Rough sleeping is a growing problem in several UK cities. Even the RoI, which admits much smaller numbers of migrants, has an accommodation problem. Many of the migrants arriving there originally transited through another EU country and should have been recorded on the Eurodac database at that time. However, Ireland isn't managing to use the Dublin Regulation to move people on.

Incidentally, I should have mentioned the cost of paying Rwanda, which so far is about £240 million.
[Post edited 29 May 19:27]

It’s why I want alternatives looked at.

In the meantime at least get the processing dine to get the costs down,
Nigel Farage on 21:18 - May 29 with 2205 viewspencoedjack

The people who disagree with him will soon get the country they deserve

God knows what this country will be like for my grandkids.
Nigel Farage on 21:26 - May 29 with 2201 viewsmax936

Nigel Farage on 21:18 - May 29 by pencoedjack

I can't listen to him, so I can't disagree or agree with him personally!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nigel Farage on 22:13 - May 29 with 2158 viewswaynekerr55

Nigel Farage on 21:18 - May 29 by pencoedjack

What, like the one Enoch Powell banged on about? If he's so passionate for change why has he shît himself again like in 2019 and not stood for election

Nigel Farage on 22:17 - May 29 with 2146 viewsraynor94

Nigel Farage on 22:13 - May 29 by waynekerr55

What, like the one Enoch Powell banged on about? If he's so passionate for change why has he shît himself again like in 2019 and not stood for election

Sadly a lot of what he said is coming true

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Nigel Farage on 22:24 - May 29 with 2143 viewswaynekerr55

Nigel Farage on 22:17 - May 29 by raynor94

Such as? With the advent of social media we see stuff that always went on that we wouldn't have in the past.

Plus population displacement is an international issue. We need an honest discussion about this which we won't get. The same problem is tax Dodgers who stop our public services being properly funded.

And I go back to my original point: if Farage cares so much about the issues he raises then why doesn't he stand for election? He's just a grifter of the right who does what suits him, much like Corbyn, Lansmann and co do on the left.

Nigel Farage on 06:12 - May 30 with 2069 viewsAnotherJohn

Nigel Farage on 22:24 - May 29 by waynekerr55

Such as? With the advent of social media we see stuff that always went on that we wouldn't have in the past.

Plus population displacement is an international issue. We need an honest discussion about this which we won't get. The same problem is tax Dodgers who stop our public services being properly funded.

And I go back to my original point: if Farage cares so much about the issues he raises then why doesn't he stand for election? He's just a grifter of the right who does what suits him, much like Corbyn, Lansmann and co do on the left.

I don't understand how an "honest discussion" is a substitute for some kind of positive action. There are lots of discussions in the EU, but so much disagreement that no solution has emerged so far. In the UK too the wrangling has stopped any solution emerging.

As the link in my earlier post indicated, just processing asylum seekers more quickly does not necessarily reduce costs. Refugees are eligible for benefits (unlike many legal immigrants entering with visas who will have "no recourse to public funds" stamped in their passports), and local authorities have a responsibility to house them. The LA spokesperson in my BBC link above says that councils will probably end up paying for many of the same migrants to stay in the same hotels. The migrants whose asylum claims are rejected also have to be accommodated if we cannot deport them.
Nigel Farage on 07:00 - May 30 with 2054 viewsbuilthjack

A bloke who has made a fortune from Europe.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Nigel Farage on 07:06 - May 30 with 2051 viewswaynekerr55

Nigel Farage on 06:12 - May 30 by AnotherJohn

I don't understand how an "honest discussion" is a substitute for some kind of positive action. There are lots of discussions in the EU, but so much disagreement that no solution has emerged so far. In the UK too the wrangling has stopped any solution emerging.

As the link in my earlier post indicated, just processing asylum seekers more quickly does not necessarily reduce costs. Refugees are eligible for benefits (unlike many legal immigrants entering with visas who will have "no recourse to public funds" stamped in their passports), and local authorities have a responsibility to house them. The LA spokesperson in my BBC link above says that councils will probably end up paying for many of the same migrants to stay in the same hotels. The migrants whose asylum claims are rejected also have to be accommodated if we cannot deport them.

It's not but my badly worded point was action is needed at source to reduce the flow of migration/refugees. How we do that is another thread altogether

Nigel Farage on 10:38 - May 30 with 1983 viewsGixerJack

Nigel Farage on 22:17 - May 29 by raynor94

But wasn’t Brexit supposed to solve the problem??
Nigel Farage on 11:04 - May 30 with 1948 viewsonehunglow

Nigel Farage on 10:38 - May 30 by GixerJack

It was xenophobia pure and simple.
The most working class areas voting in racist fashion ,to keep out foreigners.
It’s been a forking disaster .
Cameron got it badly wrong and clowns like Johnson appealed to the dimwits who still think we have an Empire . We voted to leave,just like Boris wanted . areas like Sunderland and Merthyr voting as a Tory wanted
You couldn’t make it up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nigel Farage on 11:45 - May 30 with 1933 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Nigel Farage on 10:38 - May 30 by GixerJack

According to Farage, Johnson, Gove, Truss, Braverman et al it was going to solve the problem.

Then they were faced with the reality of their lies. Migration from the EU countries fell off a cliff and migration from the third world skyrocketed.

Farage got what he wanted but had no power to then enact what he wanted going forward. He needed to be part of the government to do that. Now he blames everyone else.
Nigel Farage on 11:47 - May 30 with 1932 viewsBoundy

Nigel Farage on 22:13 - May 29 by waynekerr55

Powell didn't realise ( not that he should have ) that the future problems of this country would come from the middle eastern countries . Anyone can have an opinion such as Farage it doesn't mean they have to put themselves into the firing line.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nigel Farage on 12:03 - May 30 with 1911 viewsunion_jack

Nigel Farage on 11:04 - May 30 by onehunglow

Cameron got it badly wrong and clowns like Johnson appealed to the dimwits who still think we have an Empire . We voted to leave,just like Boris wanted . areas like Sunderland and Merthyr voting as a Tory wanted
You couldn’t make it up

Actually, my understanding is that Boris wasn’t really pro Brexit but as soon as he realised being so was his ticket to no.10 he milked it for all it’s worth. Which makes the situation worse!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nigel Farage on 12:14 - May 30 with 1903 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Nigel Farage on 12:03 - May 30 by union_jack

Actually, my understanding is that Boris wasn’t really pro Brexit but as soon as he realised being so was his ticket to no.10 he milked it for all it’s worth. Which makes the situation worse!

Heseltine was right about Boris.

He said Boris waits to see where the crowd is going and then runs to the front of it and shouts "follow me".
Nigel Farage on 12:32 - May 30 with 1879 viewsBoundy

Nigel Farage on 07:00 - May 30 by builthjack

A bloke who has made a fortune from Europe.

As did the Kinnock family and many others who wore the red rosette, did you forget ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nigel Farage on 13:04 - May 30 with 1861 viewsBarrySwan

Nigel Farage on 11:04 - May 30 by onehunglow

You couldn’t make it up

I'm afraid that is a totally disgusting post by yourself.

How dare you have the complete and utter cheek to label decent citizens who simply disagree with politicians from other countries who can never be removed by the UK electorate deciding laws and policy in the UK as acting in a racist fashion?

You should hang your head in shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024