Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP 09:02 - May 29 with 4124 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir showing his tough side
Have to say it’s a good move
Abbott is a stain

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:24 - Jun 2 with 896 viewsWingstandwood

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 15:04 - Jun 2 by Flashberryjack

She attended Harrow County School for Girls (a grammar school) and then Newnham College, Cambridge, where she read history, achieving a lower second-class degree (2:2).

Hardly a bloody genius, if she was white, she'd be staking shelves in Tesco, because she's to thick to operate the tills.

Aye "book learning" can be over estimated at times, especially when a lot of M.P's (albeit not all!) have an embarrassing lack of common sense, critical thinking ability and 'real world' experience.

That is why we see stuff like political and military disasters, civil service "Whitehall farce's" and conspiracy theories from 'thick-educated-fools' etc.

Like the academic who did a lecture/presentation (complete with impressive projection screen and graphics) about mysterious spherical blobs found upon World Trade Centre structural steel.

A guy too stupid to realise that it was only normal, everyday ‘welding spatter’ and not some form of Thermite/steel combustive reaction.

Or the solicitor who claimed that a (never happened!) murder scene’s bath had its entire plumbing removed to evade forensic investigation, despite the fact that washed off water contents never passed through it anyhow, because it was all still in the bath with its in-situ plug stopping all drainage.

Surreal to think that this cr@p comes from people with degrees who would (100% serious!) struggle to assemble an IKEA table.

Argus!

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 834 viewscontroversial_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:24 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Aye "book learning" can be over estimated at times, especially when a lot of M.P's (albeit not all!) have an embarrassing lack of common sense, critical thinking ability and 'real world' experience.

That is why we see stuff like political and military disasters, civil service "Whitehall farce's" and conspiracy theories from 'thick-educated-fools' etc.

Like the academic who did a lecture/presentation (complete with impressive projection screen and graphics) about mysterious spherical blobs found upon World Trade Centre structural steel.

A guy too stupid to realise that it was only normal, everyday ‘welding spatter’ and not some form of Thermite/steel combustive reaction.

Or the solicitor who claimed that a (never happened!) murder scene’s bath had its entire plumbing removed to evade forensic investigation, despite the fact that washed off water contents never passed through it anyhow, because it was all still in the bath with its in-situ plug stopping all drainage.

Surreal to think that this cr@p comes from people with degrees who would (100% serious!) struggle to assemble an IKEA table.

Book learning is how everyone learns.There is no other way to learn
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:30 - Jun 2 with 826 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:08 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

No one ever learned to ride a bike or play an instrument by reading a book, for example

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:44 - Jun 2 with 803 viewsonehunglow

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:08 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

Wrong

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:52 - Jun 2 with 785 viewsWingstandwood

I was thinking more on the lines of some M.P's educational capabilities and qualifications , which is gained from memorised learning from books of type that involves lesser problem solving ability, common sense, critical thinking abilty and being able to think on one's feet.

You know stuff like being more than capable of memorising stuff about the characters involved in the industrial revolution, but being utterly incapable of solving/answering a quadratic equation.

Argus!

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 757 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

What about Al-Jazeera?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 23:08 - Jun 2 with 709 viewsmajorraglan

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 15:04 - Jun 2 by Flashberryjack

She attended Harrow County School for Girls (a grammar school) and then Newnham College, Cambridge, where she read history, achieving a lower second-class degree (2:2).

Hardly a bloody genius, if she was white, she'd be staking shelves in Tesco, because she's to thick to operate the tills.

Getting to Cambridge is an achievement end of. I know some really clever kids at our local state school, Straight A* combined with really good sporting talent and they didn’t get a sniff of Oxbridge.

I don’t like her, but credit where credit’s due she got to Cambridge in the days when only something like 10% went to Uni.
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 23:37 - Jun 2 with 694 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 12:05 - Jun 2 by max936

You missed out Truss, surprisingly considering she has cost the country billions!

I hadn’t noticed that Truss was black.
Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 10:22 - Jun 3 with 620 viewscontroversial_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:30 - Jun 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

No one ever learned to ride a bike or play an instrument by reading a book, for example

Try learning musical theory without a book.I'm sure you must have had text books while at school. Your teacher would have learned through books too, although it appears they didn't do a very good job of it going by your comment
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 10:27 - Jun 3 with 615 viewsBoundy

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 12:01 - May 30 by JumpingJackFlash

The interesting thing is that nobody at Conservative central office appears to be giving him any advice on any of this stuff. They know that he can’t read a room to save his life but no one is helping him.

It’s almost as though they want him to lose…

So if he and Starmer were seen wearing gear from Go Outdoors that would appease the masses, if so then people really are gullible.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 10:29 - Jun 3 with 608 viewsBoundy

If ever there was an example of how it doesn't work, ever heard of real life experiences ?

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 11:44 - Jun 3 with 580 viewsonehunglow

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 10:27 - Jun 3 by Boundy

So if he and Starmer were seen wearing gear from Go Outdoors that would appease the masses, if so then people really are gullible.

Or Primark,like Ange Ray.
What a perfectly badly dressed scruffy icon for the “ working people

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 557 viewsBoundy

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 12:01 - May 30 by JumpingJackFlash

The interesting thing is that nobody at Conservative central office appears to be giving him any advice on any of this stuff. They know that he can’t read a room to save his life but no one is helping him.

It’s almost as though they want him to lose…

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 13:21 - Jun 3 with 525 viewsunion_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:30 - Jun 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

I learnt how to fly a 747 by reading a book. Piece of cake.

Now admittedly I haven’t had the need to put it to the test but I’m confident😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 15:53 - Jun 3 with 485 viewsonehunglow

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 13:21 - Jun 3 by union_jack

I learnt how to fly a 747 by reading a book. Piece of cake.

Now admittedly I haven’t had the need to put it to the test but I’m confident😁

That’s nowt. I learned to fly a Typhoon by looking at Wikipedia

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 17:04 - Jun 3 with 464 viewsunion_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 15:53 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

That’s nowt. I learned to fly a Typhoon by looking at Wikipedia

We must put it to the test one day😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 17:30 - Jun 3 with 443 viewsFlashberryjack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 23:08 - Jun 2 by majorraglan

Getting to Cambridge is an achievement end of. I know some really clever kids at our local state school, Straight A* combined with really good sporting talent and they didn’t get a sniff of Oxbridge.

I don’t like her, but credit where credit’s due she got to Cambridge in the days when only something like 10% went to Uni.

I know a lot of people that went to university, and gained much higher results than Diane Abbott, most of them haven't an ounce of common sense though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:51 - Jun 3 with 402 viewsonehunglow

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 17:04 - Jun 3 by union_jack

We must put it to the test one day😂

Fasten your seatbelts

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 14:09 - Jun 4 with 353 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 17:30 - Jun 3 by Flashberryjack

I know a lot of people that went to university, and gained much higher results than Diane Abbott, most of them haven't an ounce of common sense though.

Seems she benefited from a good Gramnar school education. Of course labour have closed this opportunity to other people as they shut 95% of grammar schools in their attempt to level down our education system.

She of course also sent her son to a private school which labour also want to close.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 14:15 - Jun 4 with 342 viewsonehunglow

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 14:09 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

Seems she benefited from a good Gramnar school education. Of course labour have closed this opportunity to other people as they shut 95% of grammar schools in their attempt to level down our education system.

She of course also sent her son to a private school which labour also want to close.

She’s dedicated to the poor,deprived and racially discriminated .
Ain’t she sweet

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 17:31 - Jun 4 with 292 viewscontroversial_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 10:29 - Jun 3 by Boundy

If ever there was an example of how it doesn't work, ever heard of real life experiences ?

I have many of those, and i'm sure you do too, but I don't know yours or anyone elses, therefore I need to read books to gain that understanding. I hope this makes sense to you
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:31 - Jun 4 with 270 viewsGwyn737

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 14:09 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

The Prime Minister who closed the most grammar schools?

Margaret Thatcher.

Edit: should have said education secretary
[Post edited 4 Jun 18:34]
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:02 - Jun 4 with 243 viewsFlashberryjack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:31 - Jun 4 by Gwyn737

Margaret Thatcher.

In 1965 a Labour government began the process of phasing out grammar schools. Eventually, in 1998 Tony Blair's government put an outright ban on new grammar schools being created. As a result, comprehensive schools are now far more common than grammar schools in the UK state education system.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:12 - Jun 4 with 237 viewsGwyn737

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 19:02 - Jun 4 by Flashberryjack

In 1965 a Labour government began the process of phasing out grammar schools. Eventually, in 1998 Tony Blair's government put an outright ban on new grammar schools being created. As a result, comprehensive schools are now far more common than grammar schools in the UK state education system.

You’re right but my point still stands.
Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 21:04 - Jun 5 with 140 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Diane Abbott barred from standing as an MP on 18:31 - Jun 4 by Gwyn737

Margaret Thatcher.

Only it is not true labour had closed most of the grammar schools years before Margaret Thatcher came to power.

Most were closed in the 60s early 70s under Wilson.
[Post edited 5 Jun 21:06]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024