Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improved train service for the Cardiff area 06:26 - May 31 with 4262 viewsWhiterockin

Meanwhile in the west nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c888j7722q6o

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 06:30 - May 31 with 1621 viewsWhiterockin

Meanwhile Cardiff busses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czqq3j8xqlxo

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:32 - May 31 with 1528 viewscontroversial_jack

Doesn't exactly sound revolutionary, just an increase of train frequency
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:56 - May 31 with 1539 viewsjohnlangy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:32 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Doesn't exactly sound revolutionary, just an increase of train frequency

Brand new electric trains ? And about 50% more of them ?

I'd call that revolutionary.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:26 - May 31 with 1510 viewsBoundy

Just remember , what's good good for cardiff is good for the rest of Wales.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:44 - May 31 with 1463 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:56 - May 31 by johnlangy

Brand new electric trains ? And about 50% more of them ?

I'd call that revolutionary.

I'd call it an improvement.Most countries have electric trains
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:15 - May 31 with 1412 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:44 - May 31 by controversial_jack

I'd call it an improvement.Most countries have electric trains

If only the Welsh Government would improve train services West of Cardiff. Amazingly Barry has three railway stations which is more than Swansea, Wales second largest city.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:15 - May 31 with 1412 viewsmax936

Disgusting in it, nothing will change with Gethin at the helm either, he's thicker than Dreadful and probably worse, I didn't think Dreadful was the self serving type, but Gethin no doubt is exactly that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:18 - May 31 with 1396 viewsmax936

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:15 - May 31 by felixstowe_jack

If only the Welsh Government would improve train services West of Cardiff. Amazingly Barry has three railway stations which is more than Swansea, Wales second largest city.

Take no notice he's just living up to his username and attention seeking, he's not alone though sadly, Pathetic!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 19:18 - May 31 with 1359 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:15 - May 31 by felixstowe_jack

I know, but who wants to go to Swansea?
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:03 - May 31 with 1353 viewspencoedjack

There is no need people in Wales continue to vote Labour because it’s what they’ve always done👍

Sheep
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:37 - May 31 with 1332 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 19:18 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Its a better place without you , troll

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:43 - May 31 with 1327 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 19:18 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Swansea is the 4th busiest station in Wales despite having no branch or commuter lines feeding into it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:47 - May 31 with 1325 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-13479383/Britain-connected-railway-ne
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 23:00 - May 31 with 1272 viewsmajorraglan

That’s not technically correct as Swansea also has 3 stations, High Street, Gowerton and Llansamlet but your point about improving train services west of Cardiff is very valid.
[Post edited 31 May 23:00]
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 08:29 - Jun 1 with 1205 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 23:00 - May 31 by majorraglan

That’s not technically correct as Swansea also has 3 stations, High Street, Gowerton and Llansamlet but your point about improving train services west of Cardiff is very valid.
[Post edited 31 May 23:00]

Where is the bus station in Llansamlet ?

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:14 - Jun 1 with 1191 viewsraynor94

Why do you always feel the need to be obtuse, its so boring and ruins tidy threads

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:30 - Jun 1 with 1170 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:14 - Jun 1 by raynor94

Why do you always feel the need to be obtuse, its so boring and ruins tidy threads

Whenever i travel to Swansea on the local line, apart from Saturday nights when ppl are pissed up, there's not many passengers using the trains, not compared to east Wales
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:04 - Jun 1 with 1168 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 09:30 - Jun 1 by controversial_jack

Whenever i travel to Swansea on the local line, apart from Saturday nights when ppl are pissed up, there's not many passengers using the trains, not compared to east Wales

If the network in West Wales had the infrastructure and the availability of East Wales more people would use it. Look at the traffic on Fabian Way, the A4067, A484 and A48 basically all main roads into Swansea and commuting towns and villages. Do you think people enjoy sitting in traffic and when you get there try and find somewhereto park, people would far rather walk to the local train station and commute. You can't ask someone to use what isn't up to standard.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:08 - Jun 1 with 1158 viewsGwyn737

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:04 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

If the network in West Wales had the infrastructure and the availability of East Wales more people would use it. Look at the traffic on Fabian Way, the A4067, A484 and A48 basically all main roads into Swansea and commuting towns and villages. Do you think people enjoy sitting in traffic and when you get there try and find somewhereto park, people would far rather walk to the local train station and commute. You can't ask someone to use what isn't up to standard.

Absolutely.

Down by me, be pending on which direction you go, it’s either Souteastern rail or southern rail.

Southeastern is pretty good and I use it rather than driving whenever I can. Southern is awful so I steer clear.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:19 - Jun 1 with 1147 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:08 - Jun 1 by Gwyn737

Absolutely.

Down by me, be pending on which direction you go, it’s either Souteastern rail or southern rail.

Southeastern is pretty good and I use it rather than driving whenever I can. Southern is awful so I steer clear.

The transfer to public transport would not happen overnight. It's not the normal way of life around here unlike it is in many areas. We have children who have never been on a bus or train, even some adults seldom use public transport. Other areas I have travelled in you see children unaccompanied traveling to school and college by train, just a couple of stops, less than 15 minutes but it is sensible and practical. The whole public transport system in West Wales needs to change, driven by the Senedd.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:01 - Jun 1 with 1129 viewsDr_Winston

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:19 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

The transfer to public transport would not happen overnight. It's not the normal way of life around here unlike it is in many areas. We have children who have never been on a bus or train, even some adults seldom use public transport. Other areas I have travelled in you see children unaccompanied traveling to school and college by train, just a couple of stops, less than 15 minutes but it is sensible and practical. The whole public transport system in West Wales needs to change, driven by the Senedd.

The problem you have is one of convenience.

A public transport system in SWW even remotely close to the convenience of private transport would require tens, maybe even hundreds of millions a year in subsidy. There's no way on Earth that it would have the passenger numbers to be self-sustainable.

Maybe it could be done cheaper with driverless systems (staffing costs tend to be the most significant ongoing ones as I understand it) much like the DLR. Urban and rural light railways running on a permanent loop.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:38 - Jun 1 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:01 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

The problem you have is one of convenience.

A public transport system in SWW even remotely close to the convenience of private transport would require tens, maybe even hundreds of millions a year in subsidy. There's no way on Earth that it would have the passenger numbers to be self-sustainable.

Maybe it could be done cheaper with driverless systems (staffing costs tend to be the most significant ongoing ones as I understand it) much like the DLR. Urban and rural light railways running on a permanent loop.

You could start with hourly shuttle trains from Margam, Britton Ferry, Neath, Skewen, Llansamlet to Swansea and decent parking at each station.

Opening a station at Morfa Parc would be too much to ask for. This would be used not only on match day.
[Post edited 1 Jun 12:40]

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:40 - Jun 1 with 1069 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:04 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

The system is already in Place, it's not being used as it's infrequent. A relative has to get from Baglan to Swansea for work. He can get the early train to work, but has to get a lift home , because the train doesn't go until 6pm
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:40 - Jun 1 with 1075 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:40 - Jun 1 by controversial_jack

The system is already in Place, it's not being used as it's infrequent. A relative has to get from Baglan to Swansea for work. He can get the early train to work, but has to get a lift home , because the train doesn't go until 6pm

See my post above.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:44 - Jun 1 with 1043 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:40 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

See my post above.

Driverless systems don't work on main lines only on some metros. It costs too much to install the signals, and many other factors too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024