Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread 17:04 - Oct 8 with 32314 viewsFredManRave

Could go one of 3 ways this one.

Be happy with a/some draw.

Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

7
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 23:34 - Oct 9 with 2238 viewsHugey

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 23:32 - Oct 9 by rbee

Would agree on Smyth but like I said I think he had taken enough punishment, you could see him grimacing after he came off.


Yep, he immediately put his hand up after a challenge and called to be subbed. Definitely injured
1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 23:39 - Oct 9 with 2193 viewsOakR

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 19:46 - Oct 9 by OakR

I'm happy with the line-up but slightly concerned for Adamson - I know he is getting rave reviews on here, but he looks a bit raw defensively to me and I worry he might get exposed more in this game - let's see. Maybe he comes of age in this game, I hope so as he has a great attitude and clearly much improved this season.


Well I have to say I thought Adamson was brilliant tonight. So quick out to the player, right on him each time - really really good. Well done young man!

Overall superb performance for 70 or so minutes - we set up brilliantly, so happy to have JS in charge and a team capable of playing the system he wants, we were so good.

I think the subs were needed, Kemper hasn't played for ages and Smyth looked like he had a knock and had run loads. The subs did kill us though as everyone can see which was a real shame, added to Adamson looking like he cramped up (understandable) and Lamptey pulling up completely. I don't really get Vale, can do some great things but not sure he helps the way we play. Mbengue shirt pull was soo stupid.

Slightly concerning how we couldn't pass the ball anymore the last 15 minutes but I guess everyone was tired.

Great result overall, and really good we more than matched them overall until the changes.

JS is some manager. Charles is some keeper. Team spirit brilliant. So many positives and promising elements, as well as things to work on. Bring on Wednesday!

Poll: Will we stay up?

16
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:08 - Oct 10 with 1954 viewsqpr_1968

well we didnt lose did we....
thought we'd win....but hay ho....

i'd take a 1-1 all day long....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:25 - Oct 10 with 1895 viewswombat

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:08 - Oct 10 by qpr_1968

well we didnt lose did we....
thought we'd win....but hay ho....

i'd take a 1-1 all day long....


Where was Lloyd and saito tonight ?

I see idiot Halliday on x saying there was some sort of altercation with Kolli and Lloyd during training and that’s why Lloyd wasn’t in the squad , if true maybe the bringing back of Kolli has pissed some players off big time

Poll: which is your favouite foot

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:29 - Oct 10 with 1877 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stephan has the boys playing as a team and several of them on their top form - Smyth, for example, has always put in a shift for us, but he looks genuine class at this level now. (Another fine performance by Dunne btw, we take that for granted these days but time was when people wanted him sold.)

Maybe when he says that he has to take certain players off to manage their workload, at a time when half our first XI are injured, we ought to assume he knows what he's talking about.
2
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:31 - Oct 10 with 1856 viewsconnell10

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:25 - Oct 10 by wombat

Where was Lloyd and saito tonight ?

I see idiot Halliday on x saying there was some sort of altercation with Kolli and Lloyd during training and that’s why Lloyd wasn’t in the squad , if true maybe the bringing back of Kolli has pissed some players off big time


Unfounded rumors tut tut

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:35 - Oct 10 with 1841 viewswombat

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:31 - Oct 10 by connell10

Unfounded rumors tut tut


I did say idiot Halliday at the start but it does seem weird that Lloyds has made every squad this season yet today is nowhere to be seen , maybe he’s got a pesky impact injury in training who knows
Be intesting wee the squad weds night and if Lloyd is part of it though , hopefully he is as he badly missed tonight as west name back four were awful first half

Poll: which is your favouite foot

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:46 - Oct 10 with 1774 viewsKildarePete

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 9 by OxfordR

Pete, first Hello - a lot of my family from Kildare (Killinagh)

Second I also make that we used 4 out of a possible 5 subs or am I going mad?

I’d have taken a point beforehand and great performance in the end to get it.


Hi OxfordR - that's fairly close to where I went to primary school (Allenwood). Up the Lilywhites!
1
Login to get fewer ads

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:46 - Oct 10 with 1761 viewsconnell10

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:25 - Oct 10 by wombat

Where was Lloyd and saito tonight ?

I see idiot Halliday on x saying there was some sort of altercation with Kolli and Lloyd during training and that’s why Lloyd wasn’t in the squad , if true maybe the bringing back of Kolli has pissed some players off big time


He said it was KONE not Kolli that had issues with Lloyd in training. Blimey mate

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:47 - Oct 10 with 1767 viewsjoe90

Nothing more to add, just want say well done Rangers. We turned up and put in a shift. A fair result against a team who on paper should have won.
1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:51 - Oct 10 with 1751 viewsjohncharles

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 22:13 - Oct 9 by DWQPR

Great result and fully deserved but a couple of things about Bowen. As said already it was a foul on Vale and probably more than a foul, went straight through the back of him and didn’t look like he was in control. Secondly, blood coming from his nose for about 10 minutes? Surely the rule is when there is blood you have to come off and get it seen to? Ref just didn’t seem to want to make the decisions that he needed to.


I thought Bowen’s “crunching tackle “ on Vale was a red card. Two footed studs up sliding tackle !
The more I see it the worse it gets.

Strong and stable my arse.

5
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:58 - Oct 10 with 1713 viewsWatford_Ranger

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:51 - Oct 10 by johncharles

I thought Bowen’s “crunching tackle “ on Vale was a red card. Two footed studs up sliding tackle !
The more I see it the worse it gets.


You can’t be giving fouls against the great Jarrod Bowen doing everyone a favour to get £4m a year to play against pleb teams like us.

He was frustrated, dives in for what is probably an aggressive but clean tackle if Vale doesn’t move his body to make it a very obvious foul. Young ref, probably the biggest game of his life and certainly knew he’d made a howler in the first half then did his utmost to even it up for the entire second. The one where Kone was holding the ball up for about three days as the defender fouled him was laughable.
2
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 01:21 - Oct 10 with 1623 viewsHAYESBOY

A deserved draw in the end with basically only 9 players for the last 10 mins able to run fully.
First half we played well and even though the pen was a bit iffy shall we say, we deserved the lead. Kemper had Bowen in his pocket, Smyth causing havoc and the midfielf 3 bossing the game.
Shame we couldnt hold on but what a double save at the end.

We are a different team this year, no doubt.
[Post edited 10 Oct 4:39]

Smells like a trout farm in here

2
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 01:33 - Oct 10 with 1584 viewswombat

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:46 - Oct 10 by connell10

He said it was KONE not Kolli that had issues with Lloyd in training. Blimey mate


I stand corrected then friend showed me the messgage at the game i blocked Halliday ages ago

Poll: which is your favouite foot

1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 01:45 - Oct 10 with 1560 viewsViewFrom165

Following on from the Preston game where the narrative was about the fight, spirit and mentality that this group showed in that second half, I feel like tonight’s game affirmed what they possess but in a completely different game and set of circumstances.

In pretty much any Season over the last 20 years (besides the Title winning one), playing the first game back from International Break, away at a relegated West Ham side, on a Friday night and live on Sky, I would have 100% backed us to lose toothlessly.

However, I don't think we could have executed the first half any better, it was as controlled and assured as I've seen us going in to a game like that, we genuinely looked the better more mature side, and totally unflustered by the occasion. Yes more could have been made from the break which ended with the Kolli shot, but to a man everyone done really well. No notes.

Second half was a slight but unharmful drop off until the 60mins, where we went to pieces once the substitutions commenced. During the game, personnel wise I had no problems with who came on, but I have to say I was so disappointed by their input and the negative impact they all had. Having thought about them in more depth since FT, I have to question whether they were all the right calls by Stephan. Mbengue aside; Vale, Lamptey and Kone have all been out injured either before or during the International Break, and they didn't look fit to play at all. They all really struggled to pick up the pace of the game, looked frantic and kept turning over possession back to West Ham in a spell where we really needed to keep it. Kone in particular was a disgrace with his lack of mobility and the way he got moved off the ball so easily a few times, something is really wrong with him. I know options were limited but with the versatility of Adamson and Edwards, I wonder if we could have shuffled the pack and brought on Varane instead of rushing Lamptey back, I don't know much about Obikwu but I've seen he has more pace than Kone and could have helped us get up the pitch a bit quicker, and Scarlett shouldn't be there to just make up the numbers and could have come on at LW with more in his legs than Vale.

Despite those disadvantages and effectively going down to 8 men, the capable ones really dug in and saw the game out when they could have quite easily folded, putting another big fat tick in the fight/spirit/mentality column. The cherry on the top was Charles' heroics which don't need explaining.

Honourable mention for Kolli coming in to that game with all the noise that's preceded it and putting in the solid performance that he did. I don't think he was quite a 7 but a 6.99 feels about right, having not kicked a ball in the Championship since April I thought he picked up the pace of the game well and put in a really intelligent and neat performance on and off the ball. There were some mostly excellent first time passes and a couple of stray ones, the nutmeg and switch was class, and he gave a good account of himself against Defenders that played in the Premiership last year. I wouldn't say he had the beating of Kilman but was definitely getting under his skin as he lashed out at him a couple of times, including the knee to the back of the head that the Officials chose to ignore. Fingers crossed it's the start of a successful redemption arc. Kemper was great after being out for a while too. If I'm being picky I thought Madsen hid a bit and didn't get on the ball enough as Kamara did, but everyone else put in a big shift.

On to Derby and hopefully a win under the lights!
6
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 06:12 - Oct 10 with 1277 viewsQPROslo

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 01:45 - Oct 10 by ViewFrom165

Following on from the Preston game where the narrative was about the fight, spirit and mentality that this group showed in that second half, I feel like tonight’s game affirmed what they possess but in a completely different game and set of circumstances.

In pretty much any Season over the last 20 years (besides the Title winning one), playing the first game back from International Break, away at a relegated West Ham side, on a Friday night and live on Sky, I would have 100% backed us to lose toothlessly.

However, I don't think we could have executed the first half any better, it was as controlled and assured as I've seen us going in to a game like that, we genuinely looked the better more mature side, and totally unflustered by the occasion. Yes more could have been made from the break which ended with the Kolli shot, but to a man everyone done really well. No notes.

Second half was a slight but unharmful drop off until the 60mins, where we went to pieces once the substitutions commenced. During the game, personnel wise I had no problems with who came on, but I have to say I was so disappointed by their input and the negative impact they all had. Having thought about them in more depth since FT, I have to question whether they were all the right calls by Stephan. Mbengue aside; Vale, Lamptey and Kone have all been out injured either before or during the International Break, and they didn't look fit to play at all. They all really struggled to pick up the pace of the game, looked frantic and kept turning over possession back to West Ham in a spell where we really needed to keep it. Kone in particular was a disgrace with his lack of mobility and the way he got moved off the ball so easily a few times, something is really wrong with him. I know options were limited but with the versatility of Adamson and Edwards, I wonder if we could have shuffled the pack and brought on Varane instead of rushing Lamptey back, I don't know much about Obikwu but I've seen he has more pace than Kone and could have helped us get up the pitch a bit quicker, and Scarlett shouldn't be there to just make up the numbers and could have come on at LW with more in his legs than Vale.

Despite those disadvantages and effectively going down to 8 men, the capable ones really dug in and saw the game out when they could have quite easily folded, putting another big fat tick in the fight/spirit/mentality column. The cherry on the top was Charles' heroics which don't need explaining.

Honourable mention for Kolli coming in to that game with all the noise that's preceded it and putting in the solid performance that he did. I don't think he was quite a 7 but a 6.99 feels about right, having not kicked a ball in the Championship since April I thought he picked up the pace of the game well and put in a really intelligent and neat performance on and off the ball. There were some mostly excellent first time passes and a couple of stray ones, the nutmeg and switch was class, and he gave a good account of himself against Defenders that played in the Premiership last year. I wouldn't say he had the beating of Kilman but was definitely getting under his skin as he lashed out at him a couple of times, including the knee to the back of the head that the Officials chose to ignore. Fingers crossed it's the start of a successful redemption arc. Kemper was great after being out for a while too. If I'm being picky I thought Madsen hid a bit and didn't get on the ball enough as Kamara did, but everyone else put in a big shift.

On to Derby and hopefully a win under the lights!


I thought the 3 in midfield were very good, controlled the game until we started having to make the subs. Madsen was the best of them for me, scoring the penalty and doing a lot of excellent defensive work, plus his passing was very good as usual. Not having a fit Burrell able to run into the large gaps and space behind them was a big miss for us.
1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:02 - Oct 10 with 1163 viewsSpaceman_P

Im going to say i will take that.

All during Friday I was thinking to myself we're going to lose this.

Then we played like beasts.

Spam were not good.

Mbengue owes us all a drink not just Pierce
[Post edited 10 Oct 7:03]
1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:16 - Oct 10 with 1094 viewsJamesB1979

It looks Adamson, Kamara and Kemper are going to be the real surprise packages this season. Kamara was best midfielder on the pitch. And based on form Adamson is the best right back and probably second best left back at the club. Kemper had Bowen in his pocket until he went off. He’s going to be a real fan favourite, proper defender.
2
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:51 - Oct 10 with 936 viewsStreathamRanger

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:02 - Oct 10 by Spaceman_P

Im going to say i will take that.

All during Friday I was thinking to myself we're going to lose this.

Then we played like beasts.

Spam were not good.

Mbengue owes us all a drink not just Pierce
[Post edited 10 Oct 7:03]


Very impressed by Adamson. He's improving with every game.

On the penalty, would the West Ham player have got the ball if Mbengue had not pulled his shirt? If so then with the way things panned out, maybe it wasn't such a bad decision. Don't get me wrong, looked very clumsy to me but maybe he felt he had no choice?
1
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:54 - Oct 10 with 923 viewsdmm

A small thing but whoscored.com's match ratings have Wham at 6.34 and QPR at 6.60, with Charles MotM at 8.1. Correct, I'd say.
0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 08:12 - Oct 10 with 830 viewsNorthantsHoop

We should be proud of how we played last night. In the past Rangers would just wilt and it would all be over at half time. Defensively we are such a different team and look solid at the back. Well done Rsss it was a very enjoyable night in an athletics stadium.
7
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 08:44 - Oct 10 with 683 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got home just before kick-off what a game, that ending felt like we won it.

We nearly did an England Argentina though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

0
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 08:44 - Oct 10 with 683 viewsBukim_Dano

Not enough mentions on this thread about Madsens penalty. Packed stadium. Huge pressure. Cool as you like. Pure class.
11
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 09:00 - Oct 10 with 622 viewsnix

Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 07:16 - Oct 10 by JamesB1979

It looks Adamson, Kamara and Kemper are going to be the real surprise packages this season. Kamara was best midfielder on the pitch. And based on form Adamson is the best right back and probably second best left back at the club. Kemper had Bowen in his pocket until he went off. He’s going to be a real fan favourite, proper defender.


Yes Adamson feels like a new signing this season. People were right to be sceptical last season but he’s really stepped up. Great that he can play both sides and he’s got pace too. He’s also taller than I thought - six foot one apparently - which is useful at the back. Whoever has worked with him - chapeau to them.
3
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 09:29 - Oct 10 with 515 viewsBlue_Castello

The team selection was crucial and when I saw Stephan had picked 3 in midfield before the game I started to think we may have a chance of at least competing against on paper the best team in the division.
Well done to JS for last night, bearing in mind the injuries he has to contend with he picked a team that competed, the old story you never win a game if you lose the battle in midfield, just a shame yet again that injuries new and pre existing prevented us getting all three points.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026