Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
john coleman 14:14 - Mar 31 with 6816 viewsstuartcryer

Is John Coleman really the right man for the jobs what do people think of his signings since arriving and his tactics what about the response from the players i would be interested in peoples views

wardle blue

john coleman on 14:23 - Mar 31 with 5790 viewsChaffRAFC

In my view, yes, he is the right man in charge, just a shame it took so long.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

john coleman on 14:23 - Mar 31 with 5776 viewsKnowlesy

I think he's definitely still the right man for the job. he's had a very limited time to change things round, and is obviously limited to loan signings. i can imagine how difficult it must be to find players that will come to a team in a situation such as ours. most players probably wouldn't want o spend the last couple of months of their season getting hammered every week in a poor team, wouldn't do anything for their confidence. when Coleman gets chance to bring players in in summer, I'm sure we'll see a much better standard then.

gash phone spelling edit
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
john coleman on 14:24 - Mar 31 with 5770 viewsolympicdale

I have every belief that JC is the man to take us back up next year, I feel sorry for him, in that his players have no interest anymore.

Life is a game of fate.

john coleman on 15:57 - Mar 31 with 5711 viewsdeanogod

agree that he is the best man we can get for the job but there's no way we're going up next year. Can't see how we're gonna get a brand new side to gel so quickly. It took hill years. Just hope we don't do a dagenham!
john coleman on 16:13 - Mar 31 with 5671 viewsdavidab2202

Jury still out in my opinion.

Initial improvment followed by a dip to a level as bad as any seen earlier in season.

Loan signings have made no significant impact to our position.

Obviously any real judgement will have to wait until next season when he has had a chance to give the team some sort of a shake up and bring in more of his own players within the constraints of those players already contracted for next season that he may be stuck with.Can't see there being a lot of clubs dashing to Spotland in the close season to cherry pick our existing squad on the strength of this season,so he may have to be persuasive and need board backing to pay up players that he that he wants rid of for the hoped for better season next time around
john coleman on 16:17 - Mar 31 with 5653 viewsolympicdale

john coleman on 15:57 - Mar 31 by deanogod

agree that he is the best man we can get for the job but there's no way we're going up next year. Can't see how we're gonna get a brand new side to gel so quickly. It took hill years. Just hope we don't do a dagenham!

we could do a Swindon..

Life is a game of fate.

john coleman on 16:21 - Mar 31 with 5645 viewsdeanogod

john coleman on 16:17 - Mar 31 by olympicdale

we could do a Swindon..

love the optimism! don't reckon dunphy will mortgage our future like they've done at swindon. they'll be in admin in 3 years!
john coleman on 16:25 - Mar 31 with 5630 viewsolympicdale

john coleman on 16:21 - Mar 31 by deanogod

love the optimism! don't reckon dunphy will mortgage our future like they've done at swindon. they'll be in admin in 3 years!

The Rochdale way is always to look at it as glass half empty, we are more likely to do a Daggers than a Swindon (the promotion aspect, not the mortgaging future part). I see no reason that JC cant build a side to come back up, given his experience and knowledge of L2, we need to build a side that is moulded in his image.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

john coleman on 17:16 - Mar 31 with 5571 viewsofficialdale

Coleman is more than the best man!! New season new start new players new vibe!!
john coleman on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 5532 viewsTalkingSutty

john coleman on 17:16 - Mar 31 by officialdale

Coleman is more than the best man!! New season new start new players new vibe!!

Agree, the best man without question.
john coleman on 17:40 - Mar 31 with 5486 viewsShun

Definitely the right man. He did absolutely nothing wrong today.
john coleman on 17:45 - Mar 31 with 5469 views442Dale

john coleman on 17:40 - Mar 31 by Shun

Definitely the right man. He did absolutely nothing wrong today.

The tactics were wrong initially but he was brave enough to change it and go as attacking as we've been all season.

Will never understand Grimes being used in anything but a 4-4-2.

He was brave enough to leave out Holden and Jordan, and today established we don't need them. Pointless signings by Eyre, and that's no disrespect to the two players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

john coleman on 17:54 - Mar 31 with 5441 viewsD_Alien

john coleman on 17:45 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

The tactics were wrong initially but he was brave enough to change it and go as attacking as we've been all season.

Will never understand Grimes being used in anything but a 4-4-2.

He was brave enough to leave out Holden and Jordan, and today established we don't need them. Pointless signings by Eyre, and that's no disrespect to the two players.

Holden has been half decent, and was part of the swap with Trotman

Jordan has gone tits up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

john coleman on 18:00 - Mar 31 with 5419 views442Dale

john coleman on 17:54 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Holden has been half decent, and was part of the swap with Trotman

Jordan has gone tits up

The Holden signing was almost unfair on the player himself. As much to get Trotman as to bring someone in. He offers total commitment but would never be anything more than a stop-gap and as soon as he replaced Darby at right back it defeated the purpose of getting him here in the first place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

john coleman on 07:24 - Apr 1 with 5226 viewsqlrken05

Yes JC is just the right man for this club.

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

john coleman on 08:56 - Apr 1 with 5175 viewsTVOS1907

john coleman on 18:00 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

The Holden signing was almost unfair on the player himself. As much to get Trotman as to bring someone in. He offers total commitment but would never be anything more than a stop-gap and as soon as he replaced Darby at right back it defeated the purpose of getting him here in the first place.

Don't know what happened with Holden yesterday, but he was spotted driving up Spotland Road towards town at around 2.20pm.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

john coleman on 09:00 - Apr 1 with 5166 viewsPDIDDY

john coleman on 08:56 - Apr 1 by TVOS1907

Don't know what happened with Holden yesterday, but he was spotted driving up Spotland Road towards town at around 2.20pm.

pay day loan i heard

Gissa job

john coleman on 11:23 - Apr 1 with 5053 viewsYouTubeDale

Chris Dunphy told us at the AGM that the directors/management team had a very good meeting with JC recently regarding his plans for next season. Chris said they liked his ideas. Yes, there is a war chest and under the stewardship of Dunphy & Co I am sure that they will help JC with his plans.

Right man for the job?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

john coleman on 11:31 - Apr 1 with 5039 viewsphomem

As long as we move away from a team full Of loan players and have a nucleus of signed players. I expect to see lots of ins and outs in the summer
john coleman on 11:35 - Apr 1 with 5033 viewsSalwaDale

To answer the original question I think YES.

TBBT

john coleman on 11:40 - Apr 1 with 5023 viewsSFD

I dont think there is anyone better who would want the job, I just dont understand the negative formations at home starting with 4-5-1, we should be attacking from the off in our predicament.
Hopefully given a full pre season to bring in his own players and get them fit will see an improvement.
john coleman on 11:45 - Apr 1 with 5019 viewsTalkingSutty

john coleman on 11:35 - Apr 1 by SalwaDale

To answer the original question I think YES.

Looking forward to next season, time to build a new team and with the right manager now in place i am pretty confident we will finish in the right half of the table, who knows we could even push for a play off spot or dare i say it promotion.

Lets strike early in the close season transfer market instead of leaving everything until the last minute, get off to a good start and the feel good factor will be back in abundance. Lets hope we get players in who actually want to sweat blood for the club and their fellow team mates. Team spirit is key !!
john coleman on 11:49 - Apr 1 with 5013 viewsSFD

john coleman on 11:45 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Looking forward to next season, time to build a new team and with the right manager now in place i am pretty confident we will finish in the right half of the table, who knows we could even push for a play off spot or dare i say it promotion.

Lets strike early in the close season transfer market instead of leaving everything until the last minute, get off to a good start and the feel good factor will be back in abundance. Lets hope we get players in who actually want to sweat blood for the club and their fellow team mates. Team spirit is key !!

Team spirit and conidence play a major part at div 4 level as there is little between the teams, we also need to add some pace and size to our team as maybe said earlier they have been missing this season.
john coleman on 12:16 - Apr 1 with 4984 viewselectricblue

john coleman on 11:40 - Apr 1 by SFD

I dont think there is anyone better who would want the job, I just dont understand the negative formations at home starting with 4-5-1, we should be attacking from the off in our predicament.
Hopefully given a full pre season to bring in his own players and get them fit will see an improvement.

Given the amount of shite in this aquad when JC took over he may have his hands tied with the way he wants to have his team play.....
Hence 4-5-1..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

john coleman on 13:02 - Apr 1 with 4960 viewsTalkingSutty

john coleman on 11:49 - Apr 1 by SFD

Team spirit and conidence play a major part at div 4 level as there is little between the teams, we also need to add some pace and size to our team as maybe said earlier they have been missing this season.

Pace and size of the team is very important, we are too easily knocked off the ball and every team we line up against seems to be head and shoulders taller in general. The attributes you mention go a long way to winning matches in the lower league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024